Dallas Symphony Orchestra Employee Reviews

Fun company but job has limitations
Guest Services Ticketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2016
Usually easy days but often customer / supervisory problems. Learned about ticketing operations. Management mediocre. Non-flexible schedules. Great / friendly customers.
Pros
Occasional comp tickets, 20% discount on tickets, decent hourly wage, free parking.
Cons
Way too much to learn in given training time, Almost constant criticism from supervisors, VERY strict with schedules, few hours assigned: 12-18 per week, 6-12 during Summer (off-season), Occasional irate customers.
A wonderful experience
Patron Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2016
After joining what was once referred to as the Patron Service Center, my wonderful hiring manager left the organization. However, the next leader was their then Director of Patron Services who brought a great deal of positive organization to the unit.

I am very grateful how the organization looked from within for eligible candidates to promote out of their current positions. It shows they care about the growth and success of their employees.
Pros
Seeks and promotes from within, genuine interest in their employees, complimentary concert tickets, offices located in the lovely Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center
Cons
Nothing comes to mind. I love this organization!
Music based office work that requires good work ethic and time management skills.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2013
- Mostly work with computer based work: emails,data entry and creative design for multiple events; along with phone calls and personal interviews.
- I improved my professional interpersonal skills.
- Management was professional and clear; he always answered questions and cleared things up.
- My co-workers always presented themselves in a professional manner and walked me through some things I did not understand.
- The hardest part of this position was finding parking.
- The most enjoyable part was working with people.
Pros
discount tickets to events and free lunch(dependent on what event is going on)
Cons
parking garage is very compact.
Wonderful coworkers
Public Relations and Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 9, 2013
Everyone is passionate about what they do and what the organization stands for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dallas Symphony Orchestra. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4