Dalton State College

Dalton State College Employer Reviews

Great Nursing Program
Nursing Student (Former Employee), Dalton, GAJune 26, 2014
Dalton State College has a great nursing program with lots of hands on experience.
Fun Learning Environment
AmeriCorps VISTA (Former Employee), Dalton, GAMay 29, 2014
I learned a lot at Dalton State College as the AmeriCorps VISTA. I planned and implemented may service learning activities. The staff and supervisors are great to work with on projects. Having students around all the time was great also.
Good place to work...but poor pay
middle management (Current Employee), Dalton, GAMay 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: wages are below average...and raises are almost non-existant.
It's a Georgia state-run college so the pay is below average and raises are few...and far between. The place is like a big family and great to work at. The benefits are pretty good and there is a pension. Overall it a good place to work.
College
Associate of Applied Science (Current Employee), Dalton, GAApril 27, 2014
Typical Community College, you go to work, you do your work, you go home,
No Advancement, even for its students
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Dalton, GAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: time away, more free time, respects students
Cons: bad pay, lack of infrastructure
The environment is great, but their hourly rate for student workers are absolutely horrid. Worked there for nearly three years and the hourly rate remains flabbergastingly the same.
Fun
Student Worker (Former Employee), Dalton, GAOctober 26, 2013
Worked before and after class. Great work schedule and flexibility with classes. Great co workers as well.
Good College to work for
Adjunct Instructor of Information Technology (Current Employee), Dalton, GAOctober 22, 2013
This is a good place of employment. friendly colleagues. I have been teaching here for 3 years teaching in the spring and fall as a IT teacher and it has been a enjoyable experience.
Challenging
Teacher (Former Employee), Dalton, GANovember 26, 2012
Pros: student success
Cons: knowing only english myself, but that proved to be a positive, that forced all of us to make an extra effort to communicate.
This was an evening job. A typical day included class preparation that would communicate with non English speaking studens. I learned that the students were very similar in their work habits to middle school students. There were those eager to learn and there were those who showed very little interest eventhough there was no charge for the classes. – more... Class management required making sure that all the students were engaged in the learning process. There wasn't much contact with co-workers due to the nature of the meeting time for the class. But I do recall one of the gentlemen who taught the level above the class I was teaching told me one evening to keep teaching the way I was because my students were better prepared for his class than those coming from other classes. Communicating a language to the students that was not familiar to them and not speaking their language was a challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job was the overall success of the students. – less
Great place to work, great faculty!
Assistant Professor Rad Tech Program (Current Employee), Dalton, GASeptember 10, 2012
Pros: breaks
Cons: stressful at the end of semesters
I lecture on positioning and patient care on two days a week, then visit clinical sites and critique films and do competency based evaluations on student's radio-graphs the other three days. I love my job! They are closing the program, so I need to find another job.
Hardest part of the job is grading the papers and keeping them uploaded on the web for – more... students to view.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the breaks between semesters. – less
Great job!
Police Officer (Former Employee), Dalton, GAAugust 7, 2012
Pros: great benefits.
Good place to advance and great benefits. Shift rotations make it difficult to work a second job.
I enjoyed working for Dalton State
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Dalton, GAJune 27, 2012
Work in Banner to aid students and staff in the understanding of student accounts, direct student to enrollment and other supporting service and how to best use these services, use the HigherOne website to order cards, look up accounts, make decisions for the office on who does or does not get charged for a new DS OneCard, handle any issues related – more... to the DS OneCard, run a query to pick up students who have not had a DS OneCard so I can manually order the cards, take payments, make change, work in Word and Excel editing documents, take photos for the student’s DS OneCard – less