DAMCO Employee Reviews

Hard working
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAAugust 4, 2016
My experience at DAMCO was unforgettable. Without a doubt it was a hard working job. With the great hours that I received it helped me learn to schedule my day more according towards my work. The coworkers helped me build character and strive to be a hardworking individual such as them.
Supervisors and leads lie to you!
Lumper (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WADecember 17, 2016
The supervisors and leads lie to you about getting paid for what you work harder for and write down the wrong time you get off. They use profanity against you and insult you.
This is not a permanent postion
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 13, 2016
No job security
No advancement opportunities
It's a Temp job so management only cares about having bodies (which makes the quality of the work plummet)
Hope you like not having a life outside work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAMay 26, 2016
This company has no work life balance and will work its salaried workers 16 hours a day 7 days a week. They use temporary workers to move all freight and could care less about them. If you are looking to go to warehouse boot camp this is the place, it will make you appreciate the job you left to go there and you'll want to run back. Good luck!!
very fun place to work
Wharehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Really like the job, cool place to work, lots to learn. lots of room to move up in the company. Learn how to properly scan, load, and unload packages.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 20, 2017
Working a day could be fun or a headache it depends on the workers if they all show up. The job is not hard ,and management are bias to a lot of things .
Fun work place
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 12, 2016
Fun fun will go back some time.i liked the place but just wasent right for me am looking for better pay and better health wages.
Pros
Free linchs
Cons
Short brakes
Horrible horrible place and management.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 21, 2016
Operations Supervisor. Keep you 6 months and fire you out of the blue for no reason at all. Get yelled at by manager. Manager throws tantrums like a child when mad, punching boxes and ect. Does not train their employees. Trained in one account for a week and was left on my own to also run another two accounts. I would never go back to Damco and I would never recommend them, this coming from a family of all port, logistic and transportation workers.
Pros
Pretty decent salary for management
Cons
EVERYTHING BUT SALARY PAY.
Worst years of my life
It doesnt matter (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma/Jurupa ValleyMay 22, 2016
You are not valued as an employee, all they care about is the numbers. Mira loma/Jurupa facility is the worst place to work for, no matter what position. Pay may be decent but it's not worth your sanity.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Micro management, you are forced to cut your hours you wont work your full 8 unless you are a favorite
Bad bad Worst company
Yard driver (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAMarch 15, 2016
Worst company I've ever worked for
Nothing good about them
Jobs never secure. They have highest turn over rate. And that's in one month. No ones been there longer than 2 years including management
They'll fire you for no reason
Or even so there friend can have your spot
If your friends with someone or talking to someone and they get fired they will fire everyone around him next day
Top managers would promise girls positions for motel room favors in return
They change the way they do things everyday and yell at you for not knowing how it works
Overall this company is the lowest on the list
There garbage
Pros
Pay good if you work outside in a truck not in warehouse. 11 hr inside
Cons
Bad management too much drama fire cause there friend don't like you
Worst Management People Ever
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJFebruary 13, 2016
Working with this company is like high school. You have to be in a clique with the management people in order for you to move up or even be retained. They do not provide training. HR is horrible - useless to say the least. The worst work orientation I had in all of my working life even I was just a new employee. I was ready to leave then. It was one of the worst mistake I had working with this company. The most unprofessional people one can work with. No kidding - nobody answers their emails!
Pros
Cons
Does not care for employees
not a place i would reccomend anybody to unless u need a job asap
floor worker (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAFebruary 18, 2016
although working as a temp to hire I feel that it isn't a bad starter but doesn't seem like something I would like to be doing for much longer.
The management sucks and all the supervisors really care about is making sure that the floor workers try to hurry up and get the job done by the end of sometimes a 12-13 hour day shift. theres no room for advancement and anyone with seniority seems to wanna be the mr, or mrs. know it all. I haven't learned anything from here that I haven't learned from any other warehousing of this sort. the coworkers that u will most likely get along with is the ones that uve started with. the most enjoyable part of the job unfortunately is getting to know how it functions so u can get a more clear idea of how low some workers get treated.
The worst company anybody could work for
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sumner WashingtonFebruary 9, 2016
This is the worst management I have ever seen in my life they do not care about the fellow employees. They threatened to fire employees if they don't work to 60 to 70 hours overtime without giving yhem notice, makes them work weekends week after week threatened to fire if they don't. Threaten to reduce their pay and bonuses. And management has no idea what they're doing constantly fight with each other and the employees are paying for it.
Pros
There are no pros with this company
Cons
The whole company is a con
Fast Paced Environmnet
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
Receive trucks, made sure that the quantity was right. unload items. I learned to always pay attention to detail. Hardest Part of the job was when I would have to unload 80lb boxes.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
no AC
Fun place to work and learn about cars.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJanuary 19, 2016
I was responsible for parts inventory, parts pick up and parts stocking. I also detailed cars for customers as well as changing oil and filters.
I learned a lot about cars and the mechanics were always happy to help and teach me. It was a great experience.
Pros
Steady work, leaned a lot.
Fun Work Place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 18, 2015
Damco is a warehouse known for its great service.When I first start working I met some good people that welcome me right in from the jump.The management team at Damco was wonderful people to work for,when we had to do those 16 and 17 hours they made sure that showed us that they appreciated us.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Job didn't last long before the assignment end
Data Processing is a dead end
DP (Former Employee) –  Jurupa Valley, CAJune 22, 2016
Stay away from Mira Loma/Jurupa Valley location. They won't promote or allow CSR/DP assistant to come train because they are covering other areas. Position is expected for you to handle everything on your own coming in at odd hours sometimes not even full shift will be worked because they think there is no need for systems though it is the most important position for operations. The position says Data Processing but you are expected to drop everything and go cover every other department yet they won't provide assistance for systems because no one is allowed time to train for it as backup. Only way you can get a Promotion is to leave this company as Data Processing Coordinator position is a dead end. The lack of knowledge that management team has leaves all the burden on systems, but they refuse to acknowledge this role should be management. They work you as such, without pay or title. Everyone that has talent or skills has left because of the current management. Failure to plan is planning to fail, and they lack any organization or planning skills.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
When it's slow they cut your hours. even though you signed up for full time. Expect to work holidays, no days off given during Peak. Peak shipping starts end of October-January
it was cool
lead (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 21, 2016
working for damco wasn't bad actually I liked it a lot and would if I had the chance work there again you know its hard work but you get used to it after while ...
Pros
good hours
Cons
heavy boxxes and alot of them
this place was cool
damco (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAJanuary 26, 2016
I really like this place so much miss working there. I worked overnight I learned how to print out tags and stack the boxes load them to the 18wheelers and unload them. I hardest part of the job was staying up all night. most enjoyable was meeting new people.
Big Warehouse
Professional Loader / Auditor (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 9, 2015
A work place where you work at your own pace to get the job done within a certain amount of time. I've learned how to properly lift , carry and place fragile pieces of merchandise onto and off of a company trailer. Management fluctuates , they have there good and bad days. Co-workers vary and come from different races, cultures and backgrounds. The hardest part of the job is not knowing when you are going to work till the day of or how long to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to move freely and work at your own pace without having anybody on your back all day.
Pros
Long lunches, short abundant breaks
Cons
no benefits, early hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DAMCO. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9