DAMCO Employee Reviews

The work days at damco
Forklift Driver/Loader (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 5, 2018
Was working to hard for less pay. Couldnt give us overtime. I dont have and issue with working hard and working as a team to get the job done. Im very Motivated and decidated to my job and willing to put the work in to get the work done.They was not concerned about our familes when there was a family emergency.
Good job if you already have a full time job
Reciever (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 26, 2018
Good job for people that already have a job, but trying to earn extra money. This job would be a great start, you've receive atleast 4 hours at the job site.
Pros
Extra money
Cons
Short breaks
Great working place ,very competitive
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAJanuary 23, 2018
My experience working a damco was great my co workers never stopped to procrastinate.Management was great in assistance of what workers needed to get there job down.
Pros
Workers are quick to getting the job done and fix any mistakes made
Cons
Sometimes all freight labels would be found in the wrong side of each box
Great company to work for
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Jesup, GAJanuary 18, 2018
daily problem solving
customer audits
Unhappy
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAJanuary 17, 2018
I'm unhappy with the work environment and how they run the floor. With the new changes to the bonus system the pay is now worse and not satisfied with how hard they want us to work for such little compensation.
It was fun and hardworking
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 12, 2018
I have learned a lot from working there. I I can I would work there again. I met all o good people. Working for the company really allowed me to grow.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
No music
Productive work place
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 5, 2018
If the pay matched the work it would be ok but you have to fight for overtime just to see your pay but it was a ok job just to far for me. The people there is very understanding and respectful
damco sucks
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 19, 2017
i dislike damco they treat everybody different you don't get the hours you deserve they hire too many people for you to keep that job you end up getting laid off they hope new people every week
Enjoyable work with minimal opportunities to excel
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 17, 2017
The typical day was the same usually. I would assist the supervisor with in bounds and outbound shipments. We would organize the priority of trailers and create a time sheet in order to maintain a constant flow of inventory. The work culture was great and welcoming. It was a solid 40 hours per week. The thing that turned me off the most was getting certified to be a forklift driver and then not being paid fairly for my certificate.
Pros
Prizes and comfy lunch room
Cons
Management doesn't appreciate the workers
Great workplace, alot of walking here and there, lifting boxes, labeling, great vending machines, good place to work and different shifts & graeat ppl
GLS (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 14, 2017
A fun workplace with a decent place to eat and vending machines plus a lunch truck coming by and helpfull people and great trainers and supervisers. Great place to get to know your co- workers friendly enviroment.
Pros
If we reached our goal of trailers the whole shift got free food
Cons
Short breaks, no juice or drinks up on the deck only water.
Horrible place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAOctober 27, 2017
Horrible place to work. Terrible culture. Very difficult environment to work. Senior management blames everyone for their ineffective leadership. Very good company but bad leaders in charge. Will not recommend anyone to work there. They will be losing most of their customers because of mismanagement.
A job to get if you have no other better options
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAOctober 19, 2017
The hours are long and the work load is intense with a minimum salary. I would only recommend working at Damco if one is in dire need of funds. Be sure to review the hours on your checks because while working at this warehouse mistakes on one's hours were common for me and many of my co-workers. The management doesn't spend much time training new employees (if at all) and they can send people home early for being ill-prepared for a task despite being given little instruction. But for 10.50 an hour, one should not expect an excellent work environment.
Pros
Free lunches, but only at certain warehouses.
Cons
Long hours, poor management and expect to get your hours wrong on your checks (always check your hours).
Poor management
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  sumner, waOctober 3, 2017
This place would be a great place to work if ran by fair management who were professional.. instead of supervisors & managers always trying to have an affair with their employees. Very disappointing.
Pros
warehouse crew
Cons
Management team
IT Customer Solutions Specialist and Operations (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJSeptember 5, 2017
There is no work culture at the company. Everyone complains of being overworked. People are not friendly at all. Its hard to make friends there. very poor management
Pros
cafeteria downstairs
Cons
no breaks, watched, overload of work, not enough people too many managers
Slow and unorganized
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CASeptember 5, 2017
Fast work place to much over time and barely recieve breaks , we always get told that we will recieve a pay raise which we never do An they over work us without giving us that extra break
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Productive place to work
Scanner (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 2, 2017
Hard labor but pays well and opportunity for advancement. Team leads are there to help. Very fast paced job with great compensation for productivity. Must be physically fit to work here
Pros
Job security
Cons
Short breaks
Okay
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 1, 2017
It's a great workplace and only if they had enough work for employees to get 8 hours. Sometimes we have to work 4 hours and feels like driving all the way out there was it enough
Pros
Cons
45 minute break
Mediocre. Would not recommend
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJSeptember 1, 2017
Mediocre. Would not recommend. Management stays in position until retirement not giving much room for promotion to others. High turnover amongst younger employee as there is not much room for growth or innovation. Pay was average for position however workload given quickly under qualifies compensation.
Fast paced
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAAugust 31, 2017
Fast paced environment . Needs more organization policies . Great team to work with. Place for advancement but with the right skill and background . Paid holidays
Fun place
Scanner Operator (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 30, 2017
Its fun but I am moving to other city and it to far now it like about 1hours 10mins to get there in the morning and at the afternoon is 2 hours to get home.