DAMCO

DAMCO Employer Reviews

Easy place to work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 15, 2014
It was nice to work there, I liked my co workers management was great, I loved working and running international paper so much so that I never took any vacation and worked many hours, the thing was it was very hard at times more so when I had to do everything on my own.
productive, invitive workplace
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), Industry, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: on the spot cards for hard work
Cons: not enough hours
Loading 5-6 trucks a day
i learned how to work fast effectively and most important safely
management was great very understanding and supportive
my co-workers were great worked just as fast as me we held a hi quota
the hardest part was not enough hours.
the fast pace work let the time fly by
Loader/Stocker (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 10, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: work schedule via text
I believe this is a great company. The company is in a easy accessible location. The job started in a timely fashion. Made sure was properly trained in all aspects of the company.
productive and fun workplace
Material Handler (Current Employee), Carson, CAOctober 15, 2014
the environment and the people are great to work with, but other than that, sometimes work slows down a lot, and there really is no opportunity to advance.
fun enviroment
Loader/ Unloader (Former Employee), Baytown, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches and the choice of overtime
this job has taught me to keep up with the customers and enjoy their convosation . i learned to muti task and remain friendly at all times my co- workers were the best and love working with them we were all team players
Productive, physically challenging, fun, and exciting
receiver, unload trucks, label items (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: schedule not consistant
I unload trailers from the time I clocked in until I clocked out, I learned how to label items and unload a trailer properly, my manger was very helpful, and my co-workers work really hard and they come together as a team when it is need, at no point did I find anything at work, and I enjoyed the team work and I enjoyed the fact that everything I did at work was physically challenging.
productive and fun workplace
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Baytown, TXAugust 22, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: short lunches
*easy
*how to work the unloading/loading computers
*alright
*Friendly environment
* sometimes the boxes are too heavy
*breaks and lunch
Management uncertain in direction
Production Manager (Former Employee), Sumner, WAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: pay was good
Cons: poor working environment
Management was unclear in their daily environment as to what their mission was for that day. They changed their minds constantly and would not tell anyone until you were in trouble for not knowing what their plan was and you failed at it, Management harassed the woman in the office and would say condescending remarks to them on a daily basis.
Dont work here!
Picker packer/dock worker/ yard clerk (Former Employee), South Gate, CAAugust 7, 2014
Cons: hours, pay, management
Damco was one of the worst jobs ive had in my carreer.
They mistreat you and tell you if you dont work hard you will be replaced since they mostly hire from agency. They set your schedule based off there needs (management). The worst hours of the day and you only get around 25 hours a week. They hire you for one thing but make you do other things. Like was their go karts? They abuse the system and us employees have no word since we are agency and cant afford to loose the job.
Horrible place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: there are none, find another job to use your skills
Cons: poor management from the top down, biasness, no fairness
The Chesapeake office has very poor management and a ridiculous high turnover rate in their office. Bullying and harassment is allowed on a daily basis. Don't waste your time applying for an office position at the Chesapeake office because you will not get a break, lunch break or leave on time. Office staff is treated like they are children and even though management encourages you to talk to them if you have any issues or problems.. beware because when and if you decide to do so....you will be terminated immediately on the spot while the culprits sit back and laugh and you.
Its was nice good pay
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 30, 2014
Its a place Ill love to work at again the pay was nice. The work was easy and had some nice hours some days at work was fun. Met a lot of cool people at the job. That job made me a harder worker
Not a good place to work for if you like having a personal life.
Program Specialist (Former Employee), South Gate, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: medical benefit
Cons: work load, suck up people, location
Well where do I start? First they're undermanned and one person gets bombarded with 2 or 3 people worth of work. So you're doing your assigned job on top of doing the job of an accountant plus be a debt collector all in the name of an 8 hr day. With that said you don't get to just work for a normal 8 hr day. Most of the time you stay overtime 2-3 hrs or more a day, sometimes mandatory weekends. It's perfect for a single person with no personal life. If you have a family of your own you like to spend time with stay away from this place. They do compensate for the overtime. But if you know how to suck up to management you'll get away with murder and there are those type of people in this company. This place isn't for everyone. You'll literally be miserable here. The location is horrible, there's a heavy duty truck mechanic shop right next door with heavy traffic. A refinery with thick smoke stacks right across the street.
productive and helping
shipping and receiving (Former Employee), South Gate, CAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: 30 minute breaks
Cons: 15 minute breaks
Every morning when all the co-workers finsh clocking in we would gather up for a team meeting , The team meeting would be for them to tell us how many container's we would have to have done , and to have us get a little motivated to get us through the day. I learned how to respect other people's opinion for the better of the team , and i also learned computer skills. The hardest part of the job was leaving damco after teaching me so much. The most enjoyable part of the job was beening able to meet new people and having damco teach me for my further future experience.
productive warehouse
Forklift Operator /Inbound Dept. & Order Puller (Former Employee), carson, caAugust 26, 2013
Pros: good catering when they bought food.
Cons: they rarely hire people through the company most are agency temps
typical day included unloading containers full of imported waters inspecting for damage then receiving them systemically then physically putting them away into locations.
Great Workplace, Multicultural Enviornment
Intern Supply Chain Development (Former Employee), Madison, NJJuly 16, 2013
Fantastic Workplace, Very nice building, Excellent accomadations, amazing cafe food, great gym, co-workers are extremely friendly.
very fast pace
Loader and Unloader (Former Employee), Carson, CAMarch 9, 2013
had to work fast
moving boxes that were a variety of different sizes
the hardest part was being inside the back of a trailer while it was 90 degrees
good place full of hard workers just like myself:)
Repack (Former Employee), Carson, CADecember 3, 2012
Pros: free lunch when worked overtime
going to work we worked long hours but very hard to complete as much as we could! worked as a team, great positive environment, friendly, safety was a big thing:) great work environment! great experience!
at first it was ok
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Delta, BCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: union job benefits included
Cons: sometimes not worth the frustration
after working there for so long i got to the top top raise you could get and after a while it got bad and once i got all my certificates with the machines it meant more responsibility not to damage freight and the boss would be on you watching every little move you do and they dont even pay you more for driving the machines witch is what everyone wanted in the end it got depressing doing the same thing over and over again
Excellent hardworking professionals
Project Manager Business development (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPDecember 13, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: hours
•Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
•Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
•Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
•Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
•Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
•Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
•Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
•Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.

About DAMCO

A land-based component of a giant water-based business, Maersk Inc. is the main US unit of Denmark-based container shipping company – Read more