Dameron Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

nice place to work
Visitor Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 28, 2016
Dameron hospital is a nice place to work. They love to give you overtime hours. The people i work with are great. They award you for great work and hard work dedication.
Nice job
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 26, 2016
Vital signs and shift assessment every morning to all my patients and newborns, morning medications given per physician's order. Assist physician if there is circumcission of newborn. Do admission and discharge of patients per physician's order.
Small hospital
RCP 2 (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 3, 2016
Was very convenient to work based to proximity to my house. After 13 years of employment I was laid off. Overall not a good experience.
Family Oriented facility
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 29, 2015
A typical day at Dameron was actually nice. At Dameron the employees are more like family. Patients always come first and are treated with respect. Management is right near the departments with an open door policy. The hardest part of the job is when you decide to leave the place. Your day is typically enjoyable.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Employee's were not team players.
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 29, 2015
Very busy morning rounds. I was employed for 16 1/2 years, I learned as much as could be. Management was very hard to connect with and to take care of existing problems. The employee's were mainly there for a paycheck and never prepared for the day. Not all employee's were inefficient. Hardest part of the job was getting other's motivated.
Pros
Interacting with the patients
Cons
Long period of time before breaks.
Very poor conditions
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 25, 2015
Very poor conditions for staff and patients. Did very well when liked by management. When disliked, worst conditions I have ever seen.
Hospital
Emergency Room Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 19, 2015
I worked in a busy emergency room. Very fast paced. Must be prepared for everything!! Must stay calm & professional. Everything is based on severity.
great place to work
ER Tech/Transporter/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 5, 2015
I loved working there, it was my second family. Im a big team player and thats what I loved most everyone was on the same team. nobody was left behind.
Pros
happy working environment
Productive and rewarding experience
Unit Clerk- Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 9, 2015
This is a great place to work and to learn so much from. I have had the privilege to volunteer here, where I had one of the most rewarding experiences working with a great people and staff. I will carry my experience with me forever and only hope to find employment with a organization such as this one.
Pros
great learning opportunities
Cons
limited job opportunities
Great Pharmacy Staff
STAFF CLINICAL PHARMACIST (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 14, 2014
Reasonable workload, able to apply clinical and supervisorial skills. Management open to suggestions. Various departments work well together.
becoming a family with other workers
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 9, 2014
drawing blood on all types of patients from new borns to trauma, learned different techniques from nurses and doctors, co workers became family, hardest was the terminally ill and loosing them, seeing all the different types of procedures, surgeries, traumas
challenging respectful place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 10, 2014
I enjoyed being able to use my knowledge and skill to make a difference in the day of the life of a patient here at Dameron. Dameron promoted open communication with nurses, doctors, and therapist for better patient care. This enabled such a growth in my knowledge and skill as a respiratory care practitioner.
Pros
open team communication, on sight free health care for family
Cons
mandatory on-call shifts for nicu staff
State of the art laboratory.
Laboratory Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CaMay 21, 2014
Over the past 12 years at Dameron Hospital, I have gained so much culture and valuable work experience. A typical day at Dameron Hospital on night shift would be coming in checking our reagents on our analytic testing equipments; running calibrations and QC; and sample testing on these machines. We troubleshoot as necessary and do preventative maintenances. We also do our inventory and whatever assignments each of us have. The second half of our night, we're on task for morning rounds.
Working at Dameron Hospital Core Lab, I have gained valuable technical skills and problem solving skills. The best part of the job, love my coworkers! They make it an absolutely enjoyable place to work. The hardest part of the job has probably been the two reorganizations of the lab. Other than that, it's been a great experience.
Pros
great coworkers! teamwork!
Cons
short breaks.
productive fun company
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 18, 2014
Great company to work for. Very professional work place. Fun productive company.
Various Entry Level Hospital Jobs
Hospital Courier (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 8, 2014
Exciting place to work. Not very much job advancement or support for management. Atmosphere is very demanding depending on patient load. Not all staff is professional or friendly but there are a few star players that keep the hospital going. An interesting and sometimes stressful place to work.
To exspaned or learn everything there is to learn at your company.
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 29, 2014
I enjoy working with the public and helping people. Ive learned that the way you treat your custermers is the way good word get spread around. I have come to understand what mangment is for and why it works the way it does.I get along well with co-workers. Would beto turn someoneaway without helping them in there problems.To know I help people with there medications each and every day.
Pros
making people feel a little bettwer then they did when they frist arived.
Cons
not being able to help everyone in some way.
Wonderful, calm atmosphere with mega team-playing
Internship (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 18, 2014
The experience at Dameron daily reminded me how it is to work with a group of repectable people. It took everyone there to do their part in order for the work to be complete. The supervisor allowed me into her workplace to learn and become a part of her family. Each and every one there accepted me and was open to answer any questions I had. The hardest part of the job was leaving and the most enjoyable part of the job was learning from everyone each day.
Pros
christmas gifts, interning with other classmates
Cons
irrate patients, waking up extra early
Dameron Hospital
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 14, 2014
The 6 years I have been employed at Dameron Hospital it has been a enjoy to work there. Doctors and Staff members are so hopeful if you have any type of work question and there medical compensation / benefits package is great. The culture background is all type of patients and staff members that's makes it great to work for a organization like Dameron Hospital as well.
Pros
doctors are friendly with staff for communication
Cons
staff sometime have a hard time taking 15 minutes breaks
Nice, friendly environment.
Gift Shop Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 20, 2014
I would walk in in the morning, opening up the gift shop, set up the necessary items and begin behind the cashier.
Great work environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 23, 2013
coworkers were very friendly and were there to help. Learned how to file patient medical records. It was nice having a food voucher.
Pros
free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dameron Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Dameron Hospital Reviews by Location