Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Employee Reviews

dana farber
Mail Handler and Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2017
it was good job unfortunately it was a temporary assignment. i worked in the mail room. doing shipping and receiving. deliveries throughout the hospital.
Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAJuly 12, 2017
Routine work in a relaxed atmosphere, great team. Still require to work in snow days from work (not from home) if you do not wish to take your personal time off.
Active Laboratory Environment
Medical Technologist 2 (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2017
Many things to do during the day and can get quite busy. I learned to adapt to work quickly and diligently. The hardest part is not making a mistake because any mistake will affect the patients' healthcare.
Productive workplace, can be a stressful environment
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 22, 2017
This is a great place to get your foot in the door, however there is not much room for growth within the departments themselves. I would definitely recommend to health policy majors.
Productive, Fulfilling, Technology Driven Place To Work
X-ray Technologist (Per-Diem) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 19, 2017
I would recommend a friend or colleague to work at Dana Farber Cancer Institute. Great people and great management. Management is very understanding of everyone's work/life balance.
Productive, challenging, enjoyable workplace
OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 12, 2017
As an Operations Assistant, daily responsibilities included maintaining multiple databases to reflect active research through processing of amendment submissions, inputting data, knowledge of forms, proofreading and editing forms, maintaining constant communication with research teams regarding status of forms/necessary changes/status of research

Small office/team, calm, efficient, productive work environment - great workplace culture

Unfortunately position was ultimately phased-out due to budget cuts
Rewarding workplace
Materials Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 7, 2017
I always felt like I was working to help people making it a rewarding experience. Wonderful co workers. Fast paced environment made the days go by quick.
It's a truly great institution...
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 6, 2017
But where your work within the organization will be a defining factor in your experience and outcome. DFCI is an institution with a global reputation, so you'll meet all sorts of people. My greatest mistake was staying in my role for too long.
Pros
Innovation
Cons
Change-adverse culture, politics
Balanced work environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 4, 2017
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an incredible company filled with hard-working, intelligent and compassionate clinicians and researchers. It is expected one carries themselves with the utmost professionalism and respect given the nature of care at DFCI. The culture is welcoming and collaborative, however it is understood this is the best cancer treatment center in the U.S. and employees must have a high level of intelligence and competence.
Probably one of the worse place to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2017
Working for this company was a really bad experience. The employees here are miserable, they constantly talked down to other employees. Management is horrible, they put too much on their employees. No one takes responsibility for their mistake both employees and management. Would never recommend anyone to work for them. When I was laid off, the first person to inform me of this was an employee, and then my boss informed me that I was being laid off; I find this to be unprofessional.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2017
Every person that I work with there is friendly and helpful
Managers are good communicators very easy to talk to
Great pay scale
Clean and easy envirnoment to work in
Up to date technology
Pros
great compensation
Cons
long commute
world-class organization
Office Manager for Communications Department (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 10, 2017
Dana-Farber's overall mission statement, and the benefits they offer to work there are among the best I have experienced in my professional life. I highly recommend the organization as an employer. I served in my capacity as office manager for the Communications Department for 18 years and was satisfied with my experience overall in their employment.
Typical office work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 5, 2017
I had the most amazing experience working as intern for this great institute. My supervisor was welcoming and helpful. I learned so much life skills such as time and money management, what colleges are expecting, etc. I would hundred percent work there again.
Pros
helpful co-workers
Patients are so kind! However more structure is needed for day to day tasks.
Patient Access Representative Temp (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 3, 2017
The patients were awesome but the workplace could have been a bit more organized. I was always scrambling around which I did with grace thinking it would help secure my job; however, I was wrong.
DFCI is a great place to work.
Executive Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 19, 2017
Working at DFCI all these years has shown me that no two days are ever the same and you so must be flexible. There is always something new to learn and knowing that your work overall helps patients and their experience makes it all the better.
Procurement Specilist, Travel Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 19, 2017
DFCI has an incredible reputation . I admire the work, research and strides in cancer treatments that have been achieved within our walls.

I believe everyone's commitment to our missions is heart felt.
Pros
Flex schedule, work form home 2x a week
hospital employee life
Acting Interim Grant Accountant IV Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAApril 2, 2017
I was re-hired by my manager from when I worked for her while attending Boston University.

My manager who recognized my good work while a student, made sure that I wasn't placed here and there by an agency having to learn and get used to a new environment multiple times.

She placed me in her company. I went to Italy in the summer of 1996 and she called me in October to come back to work for her on a part time basis while still attending Boston University.
Material Handler
Material Handler {Research Hospital} (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 29, 2017
I like making deliveries to all of the pharmacies and research labs. I learned a lot about supply logistics at this job and there is a super positive attitude at Dana Farber.
Pros
overtime
Cons
it was a temporary job, wish I could have stayed
wonderful hospital
Food Service Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAMarch 28, 2017
This is a World-wide reknowned facility helping people conquer cancer and getting their life back. Lots of dedicated researchers, compassionate doctors.
Pros
so much hope
Cons
commute into Boston can be tough
Life at the Donor Center
Blood Donor Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 28, 2017
There is very little structure at the Kraft Family Blood Donor Center. Each day has its own bit of chaos. Most of the job is being able to multitask with grace while an influx of patients or donors come into the center.

Dana Farber is a wonderful place to work, the company values are admirable, I would love to work here again, in certain departments not so much.
Pros
sense of cummunity
Cons
poor managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Reviews by Location