Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Employee Reviews in United States

Dana Farber Clinical Business Development
Clinical Business Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 29, 2016
• Formulate logic behind inventory analysis to understand current pricing and payment strategies
• Identify gaps in inventory and sales management to reduce working capital by $10MM and improve order to cash cycle
• Create client-facing workshop slide decks for natural supply chain discussions across the globe
Dana Farber Cancer Institute
Revenue Control Representative (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAAugust 14, 2016
Fast paced environment, interaction with coworkers in this department of Revenue Control was always positive when it came time to helping one another. This was also demonstrated in other departments; Customer Service Billing and IT department. The hardest part of the job could have been the last few days before End of Month deadline, but because of the comraderie and the willingness to work as a team, the Revenue Control department was more times than not, able to meet/surpass the monthly goal.
Not Much Room for Growth
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 10, 2016
The workload is excessive, not within job descriptions and with zero compensation to take on extra responsibilities that is the responsibilities of other departments. You enter at entry level, you are told during the interview that there is plenty of room to grow, yet when you make an attempt to climb the professional latter, you're told, "if you want to grow, find another job". Poor morale.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
zero opportunity to grow, management takes advantage of staff
This is a very busy laboratory with all work being treated as stats
Medical Technologist 11 (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 17, 2016
A normal day is very busy. There are many difficult manual differentials to be done, and many difficult patients that must be resulted so that treatment can be given to them in a timely manner. Working the later shift, I've gotten to know many doctors when they come to the lab to look at differential slides. The hard part of the job is knowing how sick some of the patients are, and that they might not survive they're illness. The best part of the job is working with really nice people where we can always find some humor even when the work day is very hectic and stressful. Plus everyday is a learning experience when new patients come in with unknown illnesses that have to be diagnosed.
Pros
The people I've met, the amount I've learned about heme since I've been here
Cons
Stress is the biggest con.
Facilitator promoted to Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 5, 2016
Nice place to work, very diverse. Offers classes/courses to help with advancement. Great people to work with, busy and rewording.
A great mission, but the people are resistant to change
Grant Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 14, 2016
The Institute needs change at the top and it will trickle down to the staff and employees. So many of the senior management have been in the same position for over 20+ years and they have not kept up with the times and the typical response is " that's how we do it here"
Pros
4 day week, work from home
Cons
everyone is always watching you and love to tell management
Good Place to work
Administrative Support Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 26, 2016
Good Place to work, always room for advancement. Great pay nice facility with good dedicated people. Parking offsite is pretty expensive
Pros
Good pay
Cons
no onsite parking
Fast pace productive fun
Adult Ambulatory Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 15, 2016
Great work flow some people are great to work together with. there a lot of favoritism at Dana Farber, with coworker on section floor but over all the patients are great.
Pros
great people great company
Cons
depends on what floor you work on
academic environment
Research Technician, Medical Oncology Department (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 5, 2016
Very competitive. Everyone works hard. Miss it due to the casual academic culture. Very easy to make friends. Can talk to everyone. Very smart people, with lots of hope and wonderful plans for the future.
Pros
Positive academic environment. Lots of resources.
Cons
too busy. Sometimes work 12hr a day
fun place to work, great benefits
Clinical Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2016
I enjoy working at DFCI. The environment and people I work with are great. The benefits here are also very good, no complaints. I would recommend this position to everyone and anyone.
great first job
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 28, 2016
If you're interested in pursuing a degree in healthcare this is a great experience to work in a hospital.
There are long hours and a lot is expected of research coordinators. I didn't have the best training and stuff was kind of handed off to me in a mess.
Pros
working in a hospital
Cons
over worked, poorly managed
Nice place to work.
Expediter / Clinical Trial Program (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 1, 2016
Dana Farber is a good place to work. I have learned to multitask extremely well here. My co-workers are very polite and we all work very hard at what we do.The hardest part of the job is picking up the slack of someone who doesn't put their all into there work. The most enjoyable part is helping Clinical Research Cordinators do their job which ultimately helps patients get better.
A lot of great, passionate employees
Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brookline, MAApril 11, 2016
Dana-Farber has introduced me to some of the most impressive people I know. Both the main campus (hospital) and the development office in which I worked were inspiring places to work.
Pros
Great mission, committed employees.
Cons
No flexibility with regard to work schedule. Limited opportunities for advancement.
fun and rewarding
Protocol Care Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 13, 2016
A typical day at work for me includes talking with nurses, doctors, and patients to insure the best care we can give. I Have learned so much during my time here including different cancer treatments and health care information. the most enjoyable part is interacting with the patients.
Productive and challenging
FMLA & Disability Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 30, 2016
This is a great place to work for. Co-workers are great and team players. I've learned quite a lot about the release of protected health information.

The most enjoyable part of the job helping patients.
Great first job
Research Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 7, 2016
Great first job out of Graduate School. This is not exactly what I would like do be doing with a Clinical Research Management and Regulatory Affairs masters degree. I feel like I could be doing more than just data entry. Really interested in a Regulatory position.
Fun but Stressful
Security Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 20, 2015
Dana Farber is a great company to work for, but their security department can become a bit stressful at times, especially if you are in the dispatch center. Security management also seems to be biased towards certain types of people at times (i.e. special treatment if you have any sort of army/military background). The people are amazing, and that is what I love most about working at Dana Farber.
Great Place to Start
Novel Cell Therapy Technologist (Current Employee) –  Brookline, MAAugust 7, 2015
Excellent for new graduates. Cutting edge research being performed. Little room for advancement. Training is slow, but great culture
Pros
Culture, Co-Workers and Staff
Cons
Pay
Looks good from the outside but....
Research Compliance (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 5, 2015
The name carries weight from the outside but the inside structure and management is horrific. Lack of direction and promotion opportunities decreases employee moral. The managers are incompetent. Several managers have left due to higher ups making decisions that did not reflect well on the managers. Conflict resolution skills with managers and human resources is negligent. Overall, I would not recommend working for this organization unless you are coming here for a year or two to bolster your resume and then leave.
Amazing place to work
Clinical Adminstrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 1, 2016
Working at DFCI is an amazing place of employment and what goes on here to assist cancer patients is great. This place of employment is an equal opportunity for any individual looking to be a part of saving life's one day at a time.

Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Reviews by Location