Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Employee Reviews

Engaging and Educational
Intern (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 19, 2015
Working at Dana Farber as an intern allowed me to acquire valuable skills and continue learning about Immunology. A typical day at work for me was obtaining tissue samples from our mice colony, Isolating DNA from the samples and then performing PCR on the samples to then run using gel electrophoresis to genotype the mice. I was also able to care for the cell lines we had in culture as well as perform some other assays such as ELISAs and immune cell isolations. I enjoyed working with the other lab technicians as well as the lab PI as they were very helpful and never hesitated to help with anything or answer any of my questions. If given the opportunity I would become a full time employee at Dana Farber after the great experience I had as an intern.
Workplace
Clinical Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 5, 2015
Hello. I enjoyed working at Dana Farber Cancer Institute. I got along with all of the staff. Thank you for this opportunity.
Looks good from the outside but....
Research Compliance (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 5, 2015
The name carries weight from the outside but the inside structure and management is horrific. Lack of direction and promotion opportunities decreases employee moral. The managers are incompetent. Several managers have left due to higher ups making decisions that did not reflect well on the managers. Conflict resolution skills with managers and human resources is negligent. Overall, I would not recommend working for this organization unless you are coming here for a year or two to bolster your resume and then leave.
Amazing people that inspire you everyday
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 10, 2015
I feel truly lucky to be able to work with such an amazing patient population and staff. The treatments are so patient centered and the environment is more therapeutic than feeling like another hospital.
Dynamic environment
Scientist II / Laboratory Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Mission oriented feel good environment.
Cons: Diminishing benefits.
Little leadership with career advancement. Turf wars and politics. Good starter job but I wouldn't recommend staying more than 2-3 years.
The best place to work thusfar
LAB OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: flexibility, benefits, compensation, management
What can I say? Working for DFCI was great. They are very flexible with you especially if you have kids and go to school. The management is wonderful and super friendly and they never make you feel inferior. The advancement opportunities and compensation are great! Great benefits also! I'm sad I had to leave this place due to moving out of state. Wish every place was like DFCI.
very rewarding work place that loves its patients
Information Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: leaving for another hjob
working at dana farber was the most rewarding jobi have ever had , the new patients ciming into the facility were the sweetest ever
Employees are undervalued and benefits are shrinking
Administrative Support Specialist II (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 14, 2015
Very little opportunity for growth and development for the administrative professionals at DFCI. Most of the benefits and perks that set DFCI apart from other hospitals have been eliminated over the past 2-3 years.
Excellent Workplace
Student Trainee/ Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 26, 2014
Worked in the Medica lOncology Lab. Excellent opportunity asa student.
Research fellow (Former Employee), Boston MADecember 18, 2014
• Concentrated on anti-cancer drug discovery with specification in Multiple Myeloma (MM) in various cancer pathways. Major research interests included target validation, signal transduction and biomarker identification as well as drug efficacy study in distinct animal models (xenograft, disseminated and scid-hu models)
Most enjoyable part of my job
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 10, 2014
My most enjoyable part of my career is being able to put a smile of patients faces. I love giving back and helping people feel safe. By that I mean, patients come in and are scared and over whelmed could be because of results they are getting, the chemo or treatment they are about to receive, or just the yearly check up and I feel like it's my duty to make them feel at ease. I make patients smile and laugh. I'm open to talk and solve problems.
Very loving environment
Clinical Assistant II (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 15, 2014
Pros: work schedule, lots of extra shifts available
Taking vital signs of patients when they first arrive to the clinic, during blood transfusions, during treatment, and also during a chemo reaction. Collecting and preparing specimens to send to diagnostic laboratories. Recording medical histories and important medical information into the patient’s chart. Perform EKGs and helping in medical procedures. Maintaining examining and treatment rooms and stocking medical equipments. Transporting patients to other floors or other medical facilities when needed. Help spanish speaking patients by interpreting in English for them when they or the nurses have questions.
Dana Farber was a great place to work for.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 6, 2014
I enjoyed working at Dana Farber. It was a great company to work for. I learned a lot about the medical field. The job was very flexible and my co-workers were very nice.
Productive work place
Research Fellow (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 5, 2014
Pros: cultural environment
Cons: bad weather
Optimal Environment for Research Studies.
Optimal management.
Great co-workers from all-over the worldd
productivity
Medical Claims Analyst/Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 29, 2014
When you are the employee that knows your work and increase reveue it creates a problem for management, and then manegement creates a problem for you the employee. Management need to be well trained on how to deal with good employees and diffcult employees. Sometime all it takes is an insentive to get high productivity.
Great mission orientation
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 27, 2014
I loved working at DFCI. No matter what department or division the mission of helping patients with cancer helps motivate and create a culture worth going to work every day.
Good company with great team spirit
Software Engineer II (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: good company. good cause.
Cons: long commute
This was where I learned programming in a well-structured team environment.

I loved the sense of accomplishment I got working for gravely ill people.
Fantastic Place to Work
Senior Manager of Clinical Quality (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 15, 2014
If you ever have the opportunity to work at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, you should take it. This is a highly collaborative environment where each employee lives and breathes the Institute's mission to cure cancer, and to make our patient's cancer experience better.

I am surrounded by intelligent, creative, and innovative colleagues who go above and beyond to help Dana-Farber excel in a very complex healthcare environment.
passionate place to work
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MaSeptember 29, 2014
Dana Farber is a place where smiles help brighten your day. Working at Dana Farber was an amazing experience and my co workers were very friendly and passionate about what they did. Although it is an environment where cancer surrounds you you need to learn how to bring happiness and cheer to every person you see.
Horrible
Pharm Tech (Former Employee), BostonSeptember 24, 2014
"Pharmacy Technician" position posted for a contract position... Do not be fooled. You will be contacted by recruiters: Randstad. DFCI will hire contractors, who are then 100% disposable after their time is up. Horrible communication, no growth, low pay.

1 2 3 4 5