Dana Corporation Employee Reviews

NA
PRODUCTION WORKER (Former Employee), Manchester, MOAugust 16, 2015
This is a factory and is good for a first time job experience. It is located on Manchester in St. Louis. I worked there so long ago, not sure if it has changed.
Ok
CNC Operator (Former Employee), Morganton, NCAugust 7, 2015
Good company, good co-workers. Where I learned to run CNC machines. worked here for 18 years with no issues. Overall satisfaction is good with this company
Lots of overtime
maint tech (Current Employee), auburn hills miJune 17, 2015
Pros: Learn a lot of skills
Cons: Maint. Pay
Dana is not a bad place to work on the production side. The pay is really good for machine operators. $18.25 for tier 2, and $21 for tier 1. It is a very easy job and you can make a lot of money if you like to work lots of overtime. The maintenance department gets blamed for a lot of things that are out of their control and the pay for maintenance techs is not very competitive for the market in our area. You top out at $23 per hr but you have a lot of skills you need to know and a lot of responsibility. Overall its not horrible but it would be better if maint techs were compensated a lot better.
Hydro forming
Temporary Lab Engineer / Technician (Former Employee), Reading, PAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Interesting work
Cons: temp job
It was a temporary lab technician. It was a great experience with very friendly co-workers. I help set up the process to hydro form truck frames.
Team Leader/Gasket Technician/Gasket Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 5, 2015
Dana was a great place to work. When they moved out of State I decided to retrain in a the IT field. I am thankful the the year that they provided income as well as their willingness to retrain me.
hard place to work
IT Manager, Business Analyst, EDI Manager (Current Employee), Henderson, KYMay 31, 2015
hard to get work done every day, work with cell phone after I leave every day, and work on weekends. customers are upset regularly.
Welding all day
Product Technician (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYApril 11, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Hot days and a lot of overtime
Long days, mandatory overtime, and hot work. Weld all day, working beside other employees. Nice place to work. I just didn't like all the overtime.
Learning with this company was fun
Supervisor/Line Leader (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Fun job
Cons: had to leave to take care of family
While working for Dana in Elizabethtown KY and Louisville KY, I got to meet many different people and had a blast. I got to see all sides of the company and came to understand the many aspects of the operations.
Not a bad job, no room for advancement
machinist/Team leader (Former Employee), Lima, OHMarch 27, 2015
Pros: good pay, and benifets
Cons: No one seems to know what the goals are for a set time, managment passes blame to eachother in order to keep their jobs, turnover rate in management is extreamly high
Learned team leader skills as a result of working here i was responsible for 12-14 employees at a time. Downside was had to work with a new supervisor roughly every mouth. Machines where extremely old and in a state of disrepair. Hardest part was working with new supervisors and helping them learn how to work in a team environment, they usually hired without regard to experience.
Company Party's, Great Management, employee awards
Quality Associate (Former Employee), West JordanMarch 21, 2015
Pros: manaement, healthcare, employees
Cons: closed facility in salt lake after only five years
Excellent company to work for , learned everything about shipping and receiving, auditing, inventory control very busy work environment being a Western hub for auto part supplies ,Great workforce to work with we were all a team very enjoyable.
Great place to work with lots of employee incentives and fun time.
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYMarch 20, 2015
Pros: lots of employee incentives and fun times which made for a great work environment.
Cons: working second shift hours, 3:30 pm to midnight or later.
Worked as Human Resource Coordinator on the second shift of this factory environment. Was responsible for employee personnel files and employee issues. Assisted with insurance, vacation, sick, and other leave time and paperwork. I, along with three other HR personnel, sorted through applications, interviewed, prepared and implemented hiring classes for potential employees. Planned and managed yearly Management party. Assisted with planning and implementing yearly Christmas party and company picnic for over 500 employees. This was a great place to work with many learning experiences. The "Teamwork" environment was very strong and loved.
Robotic work
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Loved this place, learned so much. Robotics,electrical,mechanical, plc. This was the best place in the valley to have a career with. I wish this place never closed down.
Architectural woodworking custom/production
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Glasgow, KYMarch 11, 2015
Pros: skilled trade and always something different to work on
Cons: i can not thing of any, most enjoyable job i have ever had
We did architectural woodworking, our main customer was Dillards. We did alot of other stores but Dillards was our main customers. We over saw the customers orders from design to installation at the job site. Not everything was the same always something different to work on whether it was a new showcase design or remolding a store. Most difficult part of the job was language barrier, we employed Bosnians, Russians, Vietnamese, Cambodian's, people from all over the world and at the same time it may have made it difficult at times but also rewarding to be able to bring that many different cultures together to work for one common cause. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact I was teaching people a skilled trade whether it was reading blueprints runnning table sawsm assemblng fixtures, laminating or painting, the people were learning a skilled trade they could take out into the real world. Hardest part was when we had to close the plant, 911 got us, work was not there after 911 and we did not have the resources to stay in business.
Was good experience for me.
Production Manager/Manufacturing Lead Facilitator (Former Employee), Rochester Hills.March 8, 2015
Pros: people.
Cons: plant closed.
Company was a good start for me in a leadership postion.
I learned a lot and enjoyed working with fellow co-workers.
The plant closed down and i moved on to my current company.
Profit Center
Manufacturing Engineer Manager (Former Employee), Upper Sandusky, OHFebruary 12, 2015
Dana Corporation, especially the hydraulics parts division were staffed by innovative management and dedicated employees. Hydraulics was sold during the bankruptcy of the Parent to a company from the Peoples Republic of China. All employees either quit or retired.
Best place ever
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), StocktonJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: awsome place to be a part of
Cons: closed plant
Loved everything about this place. Robotic,electrical,PLC,
productive lots of hours
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), Saint Clair, MINovember 8, 2014
good pay and its a job you get lots of hours and good benefits. if there is ever downtime you may clean or paint. if not needed you can sign a list and possibly get sent home.
Retired after 30 plus years
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Antwerp, OHNovember 6, 2014
I worked in many different positions, performing a multitude of tasks over 30 years.
Only large manufactor in area.
employee (Current Employee), Paris, TNOctober 19, 2014
Great people to work with.great benefits. Largest manufactoring company in the area.
forkliift operator
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Humboldt TNOctober 18, 2014
attach Identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information I would move the orders to designated areas.