Dana Corporation Employee Reviews

No good, but no longer there
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, INDecember 12, 2017
Dana was probably a typical manufacturing production environment for automotive components. Between machine breakdowns in employee issues this was a very busy place to work. Deadlines were unforgiving and challenges were many.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
Too much overtime
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 12, 2017
I enjoyed the challenge presented. I was given opportunities to change jobs frequently and did so I could learn more about their production methods and what it took to produce our products.

The work atmosphere was what one would make it. I worked in stressful situations, but was helped by the other workers to find a suitable place in the department. Everyone helped everyone succeed at their job .... for the benefit of all concerned.

Dana Corp. had a great reputation for good value products.
Pros
Freedom to change departments to learn different machines and jobs.
Cons
I lost 10 years retirement because of personnel office mistakes.
Productive and fun work place
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYDecember 9, 2017
A typical day at work, it started with me giving a safety talk to my quality techs and reviewing the daily assigments.I was responsible for PPAP approvals and the component part quality. The managment team was very supportive.
Stay Out of the Loop
Ohio - Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHDecember 1, 2017
this is one of those factories where all the drama and high school pitty parties are thrown, nothing is confidential there at all great money and hours but lots of drama
High stress just in time automotive supplier
Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 21, 2017
A typical day at Dana consists of keeping production lines running including all off line machines. I have learned a great deal about PLC logic, HMI programming, electrical controls and tightening tools. Management is typical for JIT automotive suppliers. Everything is about production and quality. Recently there has been more emphasis on safety than any time in the past. Dana Columbia has a good track record in safety.The facility is air conditioned in the summer comfortable all year round. The hardest part of my job is the continual griping about how machines run and how fast they must run to meet quotas. The most enjoyable part of my job is completing a project and having it di exactly what was asked
Pros
Clean well lit plant. Support of people in my department
Cons
STRESS! Nothing gets in the way of production
Productive,fun and job security
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 21, 2017
Can be a fun work place at times,works easy and a lot of overtime available if wanted it. Good benefits,401 k available, with the new business. Helps makes for a better job security.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad training
Working on the floor
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Paris, TNNovember 18, 2017
The people you work with on the floor for the most part are great. Management is a joke and very poor to the floor workers who help make this place what it is. They do not let anything get fixed right because they want to run it 24/7 so they just put a bandaid on it and keep going.
I loved knowing i was helping build something that people depended on for daily living.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Upper Sandusky, OHNovember 16, 2017
Working in a factory is a great way to make a living. You work hard to produce parts that go into building cars trucks ATV's boats Semis and Harleys. that is where I started was building hose couplings for the Harley Davidson Motorcycles. We made OEM and aftermarket parts for all our customers. Was a great atmosphere, and great comradery.
Pros
great pay
Cons
at times we worked long hours.
bad mamgement too many hours
factory welding (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, TNNovember 16, 2017
bad management treated workers bad no time off unhealthy dirty no reward for hard work unsafe work place lean manurfactering meaning 1 person done 2 or 3 person job
not a bad place but not a great place to work
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 12, 2017
there are better jobs with less stress. you can make a good living but you will basically live there. if you get stressed easily this job is not for you. this job is very physically demanding. great job for a younger guy/girl with no kids and wants to work everyday to make decent money..
benefits
Cons
being mandated alot
what I Learned
Maintenance Technician II CNC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 28, 2017
I learned a lot of trades here at dana great place to work. Great advancement in the field you like the most . the company will help pay for extra schooling of your choice.
Not a very good place to work.
Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Robinson, ILOctober 25, 2017
The management team used to be like family. Now have new management in there and it is a very divided team. For the most part, it was pretty good place to work until the last year.
Exposure to International Procurment
Enterprise Software Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 22, 2017
The Dana division I worked for sourced the majority of its products overseas to support the aftermarket automotive parts distribution. This provided an extensive exposure to European, Asian, South American, Australian and African supplier. It also gave me exposure to other cultures to confirm my believe that mankind is basically the same no matter which geographic location of residence.
Pros
Positive interface with foreign business operations
Cons
None/
Its ok
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIOctober 19, 2017
No life at home work 7 days a week. Heavy lifting they don provide vision insurance into a year . And you get no call offs during your 120 probation period.
working there
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNOctober 19, 2017
This was my first time working in a factory and I really loved the people i worked with and loved the work I did there. but I think that the managment needs to be fair with everyone that works there. what goes for one person should go for eveyone!!!!!
production
Welder/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 18, 2017
Very long hours, often having less than eight hours until the next shift. Unable to have days off due to production efforts. The company closed its doors and laid off the newest employees while offering severance pay to others.
wanted to much for what they were paying
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIOctober 9, 2017
cnc machine operator I had to program and repair the machine and change the tooling and load and unload and unpack the parts and do my own quality checks what happened to quality control personel job wasn't worth it so I left for a easier higher paying job
Pros
its a job they have plenty of work
Cons
the pay and hours are horrible 7 days a week 10 hours a day
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, INSeptember 29, 2017
It was a good place to work until the factory closed and I lost my job.
I started out on the production floor and advanced myself to the Human Resources dept before the factory closed. Great nplace to work plenty of chances for advancement,
Not a good place to work
Assembly Line Laborer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 26, 2017
Working at Dana Corp. was not good at all. No benefits, minimum wages, no advancement. I was hurt on the job and was released because of my injuries that another employee caused.
Pros
zero
Cons
lost count
Fun and productive
Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Clair, MISeptember 24, 2017
Great place to work, very clean environment. Also very friendly work staff from operators to office staff. Unfortunate about the current layoff hope to return in the future