Dana Corporation

Dana Corporation Employer Reviews

Machinist (Current Employee), Glasgow, KYAugust 7, 2014
is a great place to work but no room for advancement.Learned a lot of new skills and the people are great to work with
Wonderful place to work.
Auto and truck parts sales (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 1, 2014
Pros: everything about this job was great.
- Dana was a wonderful place to work and was sorry to leave this position when the branch closed.

- The people were like family to work with.
A highly physical job.
Factory worker (Former Employee), Syracuse, INJuly 31, 2014
Pros: very good benefits, great pay, and working with management and co-workers.
Cons: heavy lifting and dirty working conditions.
Ran machines such as lathes, mills, robotic welders, material handled by hand and by fork truck, inspector, QS9000 inspection of parts.
I learned how to change tools for lathes, mills, drilling machines, and cnc lathes.
My co-workers and I had to work together well to produce good parts.
The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting and working – more... in a very dirty factory.
My most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to run different machines. – less
n/a
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee), Danville, KYJuly 20, 2014
I began working as a "Gasket Maker" and have been trained to work in various other departments in the factory. I was also chosen to go through fork lift training.
Enjoyed
Audit Assistant (Former Employee), Holland, OHJuly 16, 2014
Everyday coming to work was a joy. The people all worked together in their departments. I learned a lot about what to look for during a business audit.
Good Job
Product Technician (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYJuly 4, 2014
Dana is a good company to work for overall. Safety and production is a priority there. Working for Dana was rough at times. There is heavy lifting, standing for long periods of time, bending and stooping. You are usually in constant motion at Dana. I learned how to M.I.G. weld and operate automated robots as well as use rivet guns. Also they taught – more... me how to grind and rework metal. Management was sub-par, they at times seamed more interested in production and quality than you as a member of the team. It was difficult to work for them, but the benefits and pay were good. My co-workers were great and easy to work with. They worked as a team. The hardest part of the job is standing on the hard ground for long periods of time and bending over constantly. The most enjoyable part of the job was welding. – less
My life at Dana Corp
Welder (Former Employee), Longview, TXJune 24, 2014
Dana Corp to me was like family. I met wonderful people and we'er still great friends today. I wish those door had never closed
Fast paced environment with great people.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYJune 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits, great co-workers
Cons: a two-tier pay system
My typical day began at 6:00 p.m. and ended at 2:30 a.m. While working there, I learned to weld, operate a fork truck, and the manufacturing process of this factory. The management was like most places, there were the people who truly cared about the employees and the company, and then the few who just wanted a bit of a raise with a little power. My – more... co-workers were just as hard working as I had been while working there; people who wanted to do the best job possible, in the time given. The most difficult part of the job was checking the incoming raw materials for quality while unloading them from the incoming trucks in a timely and safe manner. And the most enjoyable part of the job, getting to see my co-workers everyday. – less
A very nice company to work for.
Machinist and Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee), Syracuse, INJune 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits & pay.
Cons: when economy slowed down you got laid off.
Working for Dana was basically a good time but it was a job,and that means soom days wasn't that good, especially when it got hot outside, that meant it was very hot inside. but working with good co-workers and learning to operate with different machinery was the best time.
Work
Production Technician (Former Employee), Longview, TXJune 18, 2014
Pros: learned how to weld.
Cons: having short breaks taught me how to manage time very well.
Very productive, worked as a team player. Learned many new trades.
Great Benefits
Press Operator (Former Employee), McKenzieJune 8, 2014
Pros: steady job and job secuity
Cons: managment
Great benefits, pays to work there if you have a family due to the job security one has. Pay is fair
Assembler (Former Employee), Henderson, KyMay 30, 2014
Dana Corp manufactures axles for heavy and medium size vehicles. I work on the suspension line where the axles would be brought over after they were built. It is a union plant that has several different types of assembly lines.
small and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, INMay 16, 2014
Pros: good pay, relaxed atmosphere
Cons: it closed later
I did a variety of work here, so it didn't ever get boring. I worked in almost every department, so I was able to familiarize myself with a lot of different work experiences. The people that I worked with were very friendly and easy to get along with. Enjoyed my time here.
Great atmosphere in which to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Pensacola, FloridaMay 13, 2014
I worked with a great team in the Human Relations Department. I was busy answering the phones, assisting plant employees with their hours and points and insurance questions. My boss was so caring of the plant employees. He was a great example. I stayed busy and that's is how I liked it. The hardest part of the job was when people lost their jobs and – more... knowing what a hardship that presesnted to them. – less
fun workplace
SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER (Former Employee), Branford, CTMay 9, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: closed
Closed the facility, no longer there. it was great while it lasted.
Enjoyed working at Dana
Production line maintenance (Former Employee), Lugoff, SCApril 22, 2014
Enjoyed working at Dana.The benefits and pay were above normal
CNC MACHINIST
Adecco Temporary (Former Employee), Statesville, NCApril 9, 2014
SETUP AND RAN TWO CNC LATHES ALSO VERTICAL MACHINES AND BROACH MACHINE
good
Production Assembler (Former Employee), stockton, caMarch 27, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: good
Working at MCA Trader Joes warehouse operating the high reach forklift to put away product. Selecting orders for clients shipment at a rate of 90% accuracy, detailed oriented, team player. Barcode all orders pulled from the shelves for accurate cycle counts of product moved, pulled and shipped. Keeping work station area clean following all company policies – more... and procedures. Able to lift up to 100lbs stacking, loading, squatting, bending and standing during a regular 8 hour shift – less
Very clean, adult atmosphere
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Columbia, MOMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good health care, clean facility and great leaders
Cons: lay off
Working for Dana was the best work experience for me. I enjoyed working in a team effort atmosphere with great leaders. Dana provided great benefits for my family and I. Although the lay-off has been hard for my wife and I, I appreciate the help and transition Dana offered before the actual lay-off.
Great place to work!
PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Longview, TXMarch 17, 2014
Pros: company was family oriented
Cons: payscale was limited
Culture of workplace was outstanding. Employees got along in and out of the workplace.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dana Corporation

When it comes to building cars, it starts with the parts, and Dana makes the parts that┬ácarmakers use to piece together new vehicles. – Read more

Dana Corporation Photos