Dana Corporation Employee Reviews

Gasketmaker (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYFebruary 2, 2017
Automotive manufacturing of cylinder head gaskets and exhaust gaskets for cummins, caterpillar, and john deere, just to name a few.
Cons
Union
Great people to work with.
Team Leader/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 1, 2017
Running a CNC machine and doing set ups was a typical day. Management and co-workers were a great team to work with. The hardest part of the job, is knowing they were closing the doors.
A lot of work gets accomplished.
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHFebruary 1, 2017
During our shifts we manage to get a lot more done than what it may seem like. We often were required to help with our facilities department to on some projects throughout the building. Some projects may have included office moves and furniture moves throughout the office. This made for a very unexpected day and we were never not busy. The hardest part of the job though was sometimes keeping up with the amount of tasks we had in a day or week. With that being said this also was the most enjoyable because it allowed us to create relationships with some of the higher up executives in the company.
Pros
While working, you learn a lot about what the company does as a whole.
Cons
You do have a lot of very busy days which makes it very hard to complete every day tasks.
machinist
Grinding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 26, 2017
• Set-up and programmed CNC machines
• Operated forklifts, drill presses, automatic saws, lathes, and mills
• Produced door hinges for military vehicles in Iraq, equipment for the United States Air Force, and aircraft carriers
Loved the job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Dry Ridge, KYJanuary 20, 2017
Loved the job but to inconsistent with the shift hours. It was very easy and some what tedious. It was great money. Long hours so little time for a family. Great benefits not enough sick time or emergency time. Good people to work with but a company that seemed to care less about advancing their employees or motivating them to strive for better.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough notice for mandatory overtime
The best place to work...like one big family...caring an doing for each other...
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Angola, INJanuary 19, 2017
The company provided excellent benefits,paid holiday,sick days,excellent vocation time,excellent wage..safe environment.
Excelent Company
Primary Sr. Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 19, 2017
The Company offers great payments and benefits, company offer excellent work environment, must of the employees are friendly and always available to help other.
Temporary worker
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJanuary 4, 2017
As an inspector working through this company, I was overall very pleased with the entire facility and staff. The job was very simple and the hours were great.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Temporary position
HR Assistant - Admin Assistant
Production Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dry Ridge, KYDecember 29, 2016
I would provide superior communication skills, and they are helpful in facilitating interaction among staff and managers. A morning may start with advising a customer service team on improving telephone skills. Courtesy and patience are qualities that favorably influence customers, and a representative can make a good impression by using them. Making notes to follow up on improvements is usually the last step in advisory meetings.
Pros
Working with professionals and easy to ask questions to superiors
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, long distance to drive to office.
Fantastic Work Enviroment
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHDecember 28, 2016
This was by far the greatest place to work. Always very clear as to what was expected each day. Excellent communication from management to everyone. Great co-workers.
It was a shame when the plant closed.
Pros
Cons
Plant Closed
good people
Buyer (Current Employee) –  MaumeeDecember 19, 2016
There is a good group of people that work for Dana. I enjoy the plant I work at although it is very small with less than 50 employees.
Fast paced environment dealing with big corporations
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PADecember 14, 2016
Good company to work for with strong knowledgeable team. Fast paced environment with alot of responsibility to supply products to the highest names in the auto industry.
didnt have much time there
Machine Operator (Shotpeen) (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYDecember 12, 2016
I didn't work here very long but the time I was there through the tem service I really enjoyed the third shift crew. very long hours but very awesome job
fast past
Paint Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, TNDecember 12, 2016
easy, outgoing work place. had people that didnt work as hard but still got the work done. was not hot. was night time so not many people worked on 3rd shift.
Pros
was able to get food if you didnt have money but you had to wright your name on a paper, the item you got and how much it was.
Cons
15 mins per break and 30 min break for lunch
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 30, 2016
Very productive workplace, lot of great people a valuable learning experience for me.The company was great at teaching more than one position ,having you in all areas advancements,
Pros
awards, dinners
Cons
wasnt any
Employees great to work with
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYNovember 30, 2016
Started off as a great company but ended with poor management . Great employees to work with and great customers we dealt with. Enjoyed my job while there
Pros
Employees great to work with and customers were great
Cons
Poor management
Pretty Decent Job
Combining Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, KY 40422November 6, 2016
The place pays good and has good benefits, but you work all the time. They worked almost every day for the year I was there. The job itself is very easy. It does get very dirty, however.
Pros
Decent benefits and pay.
Cons
Work all the time.
good job to have
Team Leader/lead set-up on hydromat machines (Former Employee) –  Upper Sandusky, OHOctober 25, 2016
Nothing to really say, they shut the plant down and moved everything out to "other" locations. had a good work force, a great training program and was overall a decent place to work.
good place to work
o Senior Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 30, 2016
Good pay increases and many chances for advancement. They treated their employees well. Would still be working for they, but the sold the company. With this the plant was closed.
excellent people to work with
Engineering Design Checker (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 2, 2016
My job is checking form, fit and function. I found those jobs I checked were designed by competent people. When I found an over-site, they were most often agreeable to comply.
Pros
excellent place to work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dana Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.