Dana Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Car parts!
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, TNJune 28, 2016
The co-workers there were awesome! Like a family! Really nothing bad to say about Dana! Driveshaft plant! Great place!
Automotive
Sales Assistant / QS9000 Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 24, 2016
Great place, facility and people to work for and with. Changes of a technical nature were the most challenging part of the job. The part I enjoyed the most was facilitating meetings and executive luncheons.
Pros
Benefits and freedom to be away from my desk when needed.
Cons
Not many
Dana Corporation
Injection Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNJune 20, 2016
Dana had a good work enviroment, great supervisors. They caered about the quality of their products and employees.I really liked my job, but had to quit because of family reasons.
Hard work but alot of fun.
PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lancaster County, PAJune 8, 2016
Great company to work for. Took very good care of it's employees. Your Safety was a big concern with company. And would wan your ideas and input to better the company and production operations.
Pros
Good pay and fun place to work
Cons
Sold company to investors.
paint department and inventory
Temp H G Staffing (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TNMay 8, 2016
Productivity and efficient work required. Downside is this they consider temporary needs and most people need full time reliable jobs.
Pros
nice co workers and supervisors
Cons
They can only provide temporary short timeframe work.
Excellent rewarding place to work.
NORTH AMERICAN COMMODITY MANAGER - SENIOR BUYER (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNMay 6, 2016
A typical day at work was rewarding and challenging and always new.

I was involved in Supplier Development, ISO and learned purchasing from a very knowledgeable team that worked well together.

I developed purchase agreements and contracts with suppliers, along with managing the spend for these suppliers.

The most enjoyable part of my Job was working with my suppliers,
and achieving cost reductions. The best part of the Job was the people I worked with for many years.
Pros
Security
Cons
The company culture changed after bankruptcy.
Poor Local Leadership
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  USAApril 15, 2016
My experience as a supervisor with Dana was one of minimal and ineffective leadership from the front office. The Production Manager loved to micro-manage the smallest details while offering no direction regarding matters of consequence. When problems arose it seemed a higher priority to assign blame than implement a solution. The less seniority you had with the company the more likely you were to be blamed by those with more seniority and the less likely the solutions you offered were even considered. Supervisors were restricted from trouble-shooting issues or making process adjustments on the off-shifts, and then were blamed for poor quality or low production issues the next day. The finger-pointing blame-game between shifts was in full force at Dana, and always taken at face value by the Production Manager without the due diligence of investigating the matter or discussing it with those that were blamed.

In the end my assignment with Dana was terminated without explanation or just cause. When questioned my superiors could offer no negative performance metric or evidence of failure to perform on my part. The impression I was left with was that it boiled down who you played golf with or who you were in bed with, literally. The type of people that were advanced or secure in their position were the most unprofessional, immature, bullying, sycophantic or promiscuous members of management because of who they were friends with.

This might just be the location that I worked at, and the people I worked with. I am not insinuating that this is indicative of the company as a whole.
  more... If you choose to work for Dana I hope your experience is much more positive than mine was.  less
Pros
Fair salary, good benefits
Cons
Excessive over-time, severe lack of professionalism in management
good paying job with good benefits
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNMarch 16, 2016
nonstop overtime, no time off for family life. prone to layoffs. Did enjoy the people I worked with on the floor. hardest part of the job was the speed at which you had to get production. was a good place for advancement.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no time off
great place to work
Maintenace Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAFebruary 23, 2016
Had a good career going with the company until they moved to Mexico. Learned a whole lot of mechanical and electrical skills while I was at Dana
Diverse group of products
Assistant Quality Manager / Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Marine City, MIFebruary 19, 2016
Large amount vehicle programs to work on. It helped for concentration to be working with new parts all of the time. Overall liked the position and company.
Hard work but what isn't??
production supervisor, liason, quality supervisor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TX - Shreveport, LAJanuary 17, 2016
Working for Dana Holding Corp was a great experience for me. I was able to advance from a product tech to management due to hard work and long hours. It's a very stressful environment and even when your away from the plant your not "off" but that is true with any job. I was given the opportunity to learn a lot about every aspect of the company. My boss ( the plant manager ) was a fantastic woman who stood behind me and believed in me. The only reason I'm not still with this company is due to GM closing the plant in Shreveport, LA. which affected a lot of vendors like Dana. I could have relocated but moving further away from my aging parents wasn't an option. As with anything in life, you get out what your willing to put in. Dana was a good part of my life!!
Pros
Advancement, benefits, pay scale and training.
Cons
You will work a lot of hours at times. On call 24/7/365
Excllent Company
Operations /Continuous Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Great direction and leadership one of the original automotive companies I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to advance their career
Productive workplace with hoists to move heavy parts
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, TNNovember 16, 2015
Fun work environment if you enjoy doing physical labor. Nice people to work with and help if any problems ever occur. As a machine operator you deal with an almost finished product and consist of using calipers and gauges of all sorts.
Worked on assebly line making driveshafts
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, TNNovember 5, 2015
Learned all about drive shafts. Lots of good coworkers. Lots of rules and regulations because of the seriousness of the product.
Pros
Good clean environment
Cons
Lots of dangerous machines, i.e. balancers that spin several rpms
Dana was a great place to work until 9-11
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MONovember 5, 2015
Everyone in the automotive industry took a major hit and Dana went downhill after that. They shut the plant down in 2007 and sent the jobs to Mexico.
Working with Internal and External Suppliers
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dry Ridge, KYSeptember 20, 2015
Driving Process improvement by collaborating with the suppliers for Axle components.
Quality tools
PPAP from the suppliers
Non conformance Corrective Action Reports
Supplier performance Audits
Pros
Exciting and Challenging work condition and diverse supplier
Cons
Dangerous Floor with Assembly lines
productive company.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNSeptember 10, 2015
A typical day at dana was a hot one. They were an okay employer, except they act like they don't really care for their employees. I learned how to run machines. My co-workers were helpful and amazing people. The hardest part of my job was the heat and trying not to burn myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay .
Excellent working conditions
Product Technician (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 17, 2015
Fast paced manufacturing of automotive frames for General Motors made from scratch. Excellent facility with year round climate control for comfortable conditions to work in.
Pros
good pay for the area
Cons
Plant was sometimes very smokey due to poor ventilation
Na
PRODUCTION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MOAugust 16, 2015
This is a factory and is good for a first time job experience. It is located on Manchester in St. Louis. I worked there so long ago, not sure if it has changed.
Ok
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCAugust 7, 2015
Good company, good co-workers. Where I learned to run CNC machines. worked here for 18 years with no issues. Overall satisfaction is good with this company