Dana Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun and productive
Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Clair, MISeptember 24, 2017
Great place to work, very clean environment. Also very friendly work staff from operators to office staff. Unfortunate about the current layoff hope to return in the future
Fast pace and productive
Supervisor production (Current Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 17, 2017
* Fast pace production plant.
* Learned how to be a leader, team player in a union enviroment.
* Many management changes.
* work place culture is good.
* Hardest part of my job is, working 7 days a week with no time off unless vacations used.
* Working in a team environment is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Team driven
Cons
Hours needed to work
Ambiente de trabajo cómodo y divertido, no falta el café en las mañanas
limpieza (Former Employee) –  Placentia, CASeptember 7, 2017
Me gustó trabajar mucho con esta compañía porque se puede ampliar conocimientos de trabajos, acogedor lugar y personas. Excelente compañía
Pros
todos los beneficios
Cons
ninguna
Stressful environment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 26, 2017
Dana pay scale was great. The environment and upper management was very poor. The most diappointing issue was when it came to ending contract employees instead of being direct they rather send a text over the company phone then ask for their equipment back. Very rude in nature and it shows the lack of professionalism by upper management.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Exteme working hours
Productive place to work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 11, 2017
Very fast paced place to work and getting used to working a lot of hours in the heat and lifting very heavy parts is a challenge. I mostly enjoy learning the day to day duties in manufacturing.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
no days off
fast paced automotive
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 11, 2017
problem solving. putting out fires. in depth covering issues. meetings to discuss. layered audits. great on the job training. new programs and full reviews. always new things coming up each day.
Pros
location
Cons
floor and upstair communication
Layed back work enviorment but have numbers to reach each day.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 6, 2017
Dana was a great place to work for many different reasons but one of them is the great benefits they offer once hired in. One downfall about working at Dana was that as a temp they could mandate you, work you 12hr shifts and also weekends.
Productive and a fun place to work
Assembly and Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 13, 2017
I ran a lot of different machines and we rotated every day. I learned a lot and enjoyed doing different things everyday. The people were very friendly and we had a lot of fun too. Most of the supervisors were very good and helped a lot in training and learning.
Pros
pay raises
Cons
Even though it was air conditioned, it was still hot
A very productive and hard working place
PRESS OPERATOR/ CHEMICAL COMPOUNDER (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 13, 2017
A typical day at work would be running a press, mixing chemicals and receiving products.
I learned a lot about running a variety of presses , mixing chemicals and environmental details.
Most of management was very understanding and helpful for the majority of the years.
The hardest part of the job was the dirty workplace due to the product being made and standing on cement floors all day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendship made.
Horrible
Assembly Tech (Former Employee) –  Dry Ridge, KYJuly 13, 2017
I do not recommend anyone with kids to work here. it 12 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week. the management is very poorly handled. Even if you run out of parts and they don't know when they are coming in, you have to stand around during your shift even if it means standing around the rest of your shift instead of going home.
It is a very positive workplace..not so much as very active
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNJuly 5, 2017
Every body was treated fairly as a whole....everybody was recognized evenly I like it highly as far as the pay it was good and my supervisor was a respectful person
Not the same since bankruptcy
Global Lead Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 4, 2017
The company has changed since I worked there. The bankruptcy completely changed the management so I really cannot comment on the current state. Most of my colleges were all let go or choose to move on.
Pros
Large Company
Cons
no longer a powerhouse in the industry
over all
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJune 21, 2017
it was a good place to work .jobs leaving for other countries and other states it was a union plant nobody pushed you there was a lot of overtime times change. good pay
Pros
pay benefits
Cons
overtime
Pretty good place to work.
Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 16, 2017
It was a nice place to work while I was there. The office was relatively easy to get to and get around in, despite being very large. Good people who were pretty understanding when it comes to hours. I'd typically get in a few hours of overtime each week and was able to take some time off to be somewhere early on a work day. I ended up learning a lot while I was there.
Pros
Good food.
Cons
The place got pretty toasty and there was no cell service.
Good work enviroment. Great people.
Press Operator/cell leader (Current Employee) –  Paris, TNJune 5, 2017
I have nothing but good things to say about DANA. Great people excellent pay and good benefits. Great job to work at and for getting promotions. Good management
Pros
Pay, benefits, great people, promoting within the company
Cons
Don't really have any
Great People & Culture / Very Happy
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 30, 2017
Over my 20+ year career I've worked at several different companies, mostly automotive and Dana (formerly Long Manufacturing) has to be my favorite place to work. It's the people and the culture that make it so good, also having autonomy allows you to flourish. If you have a family and this aspect of life balance is important to you, Dana is accepting of this.

Their products are evolving to adapt to the future market, i.e. cooling for electric cars, hybrid and electronics cooling. They still spend a generous amount on R&D, which paves the way for the future.

You can make a difference in this company, you have influence, people will listen to your ideas and in most cases, they get implemented.
Pros
People, Culture, Autonomy, Flexible Hours, New Technology
Cons
Competitive Market, Lean Resources, Minimal Training
Great job with great benefits
Welder (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMay 17, 2017
Fast paced, energetic place to work. Never a dull day. Always promoted from within before hiring from outside. Unsurpassed workplace culture. Great company to work for.
Pros
Very comparable pay, great benefits
Cons
long work weeks
Productive job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYMay 15, 2017
Liked the people I worked with. Fasted paced and friendly. Loud and dirty. Nothing really hard about it. I enjoyed working there all the years I was there.
Great company!
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 14, 2017
There was nothing hard about the job, it was very exciting and enjoyable. A great team of colleges!
I was very fortunate to have worked for and with such a fine corporation and a great bunch of people.
Pros
Self starting job, great customers, great peers, and no problems as long as you did your job, and handed your responsibilities.
Cons
Sometimes the work was labor intensive and long hours during a competitive change over, but that was a minimal circumstance.
Good job but has a couple down sides
Gasketmaker (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYMay 12, 2017
I've been at dana for almost 6 months. The work life balance is non existent. You work to live and live to work. But you get paid great and have good benefits and learn how to do pretty much any basic level manufacturing of vehicle parts. The job is very dirty and is not for someone who has absenteeism issues. If you can show up when your supposed to work you have a 98% chance of keeping your job. Mostly work 6-7 days a week and overtime through the week isn't mandatory but you can have it if you want it. Which makes the earning potential even better. Overall if your offered an opportunity with Dana. Take it.
Pros
paid breaks, and lunches, pay, benefits
Cons
Not enough days off, no personal time off, 7 day work weeks