Dana Corporation Employee Reviews

Pretty good place to work.
Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 16, 2017
It was a nice place to work while I was there. The office was relatively easy to get to and get around in, despite being very large. Good people who were pretty understanding when it comes to hours. I'd typically get in a few hours of overtime each week and was able to take some time off to be somewhere early on a work day. I ended up learning a lot while I was there.
Pros
Good food.
Cons
The place got pretty toasty and there was no cell service.
Good work enviroment. Great people.
Press Operator/cell leader (Current Employee) –  Paris, TNJune 5, 2017
I have nothing but good things to say about DANA. Great people excellent pay and good benefits. Great job to work at and for getting promotions. Good management
Pros
Pay, benefits, great people, promoting within the company
Cons
Don't really have any
Great People & Culture / Very Happy
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 30, 2017
Over my 20+ year career I've worked at several different companies, mostly automotive and Dana (formerly Long Manufacturing) has to be my favorite place to work. It's the people and the culture that make it so good, also having autonomy allows you to flourish. If you have a family and this aspect of life balance is important to you, Dana is accepting of this.

Their products are evolving to adapt to the future market, i.e. cooling for electric cars, hybrid and electronics cooling. They still spend a generous amount on R&D, which paves the way for the future.

You can make a difference in this company, you have influence, people will listen to your ideas and in most cases, they get implemented.
Pros
People, Culture, Autonomy, Flexible Hours, New Technology
Cons
Competitive Market, Lean Resources, Minimal Training
Great job with great benefits
Welder (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMay 17, 2017
Fast paced, energetic place to work. Never a dull day. Always promoted from within before hiring from outside. Unsurpassed workplace culture. Great company to work for.
Pros
Very comparable pay, great benefits
Cons
long work weeks
Productive job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYMay 15, 2017
Liked the people I worked with. Fasted paced and friendly. Loud and dirty. Nothing really hard about it. I enjoyed working there all the years I was there.
Great company!
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 14, 2017
There was nothing hard about the job, it was very exciting and enjoyable. A great team of colleges!
I was very fortunate to have worked for and with such a fine corporation and a great bunch of people.
Pros
Self starting job, great customers, great peers, and no problems as long as you did your job, and handed your responsibilities.
Cons
Sometimes the work was labor intensive and long hours during a competitive change over, but that was a minimal circumstance.
Good job but has a couple down sides
Gasketmaker (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYMay 12, 2017
I've been at dana for almost 6 months. The work life balance is non existent. You work to live and live to work. But you get paid great and have good benefits and learn how to do pretty much any basic level manufacturing of vehicle parts. The job is very dirty and is not for someone who has absenteeism issues. If you can show up when your supposed to work you have a 98% chance of keeping your job. Mostly work 6-7 days a week and overtime through the week isn't mandatory but you can have it if you want it. Which makes the earning potential even better. Overall if your offered an opportunity with Dana. Take it.
Pros
paid breaks, and lunches, pay, benefits
Cons
Not enough days off, no personal time off, 7 day work weeks
awesome employer
MIG welding sub assembly (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 5, 2017
good benefits. great salary. great overtime. unionized. would still be working here if they didn't shut down. can't review much more as they are no longer in business
Friendly employees and a fun place to work
assembler and machine operator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 4, 2017
We worked on machines and rotated everyday. So it wasn't boring. The days went fast. I enjoyed working here. The work was easy for me. I think it is a very good place to work.
Pros
rotating jobs everyday was great.
Cons
short breaks and had to wear uniforms
Productive and fun place to work
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 2, 2017
The Dana leadership was committed to exceeding corporate goals but they places an emphasis on work life balance. The culture was one of collaboration and teamwork.
Not recommended for a woman in mgt.
Qualilty Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Robinson, ILMay 2, 2017
Expect long hours, Dysfunctional Management team, must be one of the good ole boys. Woman in Management is scarce and are not to speak their mind or they are considered unprofessional.
Pros
Nice people on the floor
Cons
Poor Management Team
Good company with good people
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Marion, INApril 24, 2017
If it didn't get shut down I would still be working their. One of the best jobs I've ever had. Great people and management. Faced but laid back with a strong union.
Pros
Great pay
Small company feel with large company opportunities
Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHApril 18, 2017
Dana is a company that has a worldwide customer and production base, but has a small community feel. Work place vibe is highly variable; can change from tense and fast pace, to slow and dull.
The best career I ever had
General Operator (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARApril 18, 2017
I would still be with the company if they had not closed the plant I worked at. awesome awesome people. great management,. good work life balance, great pay great benefits.
Working for DANA CORP. was a great learning experience
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 18, 2017
I learned a lot working for DANA CORP, however they were not beneficial for a career status for me. job. This was due to the fact they closed our shop and many people lost jobs. My coworkers were great team players, and management treated workers with dignity.
Pros
good hours, great learning atmosphere, and good management
Cons
Company did not look to the best interest of employees, there was no room for promotion, company offered no benefits, and paid minimum wages for high quality work performance.
Non worker friendly. Poor communication
Heat treat operator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYApril 17, 2017
Unsafe work environment.poor management, supervision,safety practice. Didn't take constructive input from employees. Forced employees to vote in Union from lack of confidence.
Pros
Income
Cons
Work environment
It was a good place to work and really enjoyed doing the work.
Inspector and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  #1 Dana Way,Longview, Texas,75602April 13, 2017
A typical work day was good but study til your break. I learn how run press machines and how the press operates.At first I was outside loading and unloading truck. I loved that and then they put me on the inside and I even loved that more. Didn't have to worry boutique the weather being bad. The hardest part about the job was nothing. I enjoyed the most part of the job was I gave it my all every time.
Pros
Alot of over time.
Cons
To many women in a workplace
No life
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Dry Ridge, KYApril 6, 2017
I have work there for 10 years and the only reason i have stayed there is because its only minutes away from home. And for me that is the only good thing about that place.
As for the hours they suck they will not change the hour to help the people but to help themselves. So think 12 hours 6am to 6pm, 6 to 7 days a week. Only time off is u have to use a vacation day. If that is for u go for it.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours and days
Out of business.
Machine Core Operator and Finals Inspector (Former Employee) –  Danville, INApril 5, 2017
Company went out of business back in 2006. Company no longer in Danville, IN. People were fun to work with, but we were overworked by management. A lot of gossip at tomes and backstabbing, but jokes too.
Pros
out of business.
Cons
out of business.
Overall fun place to work with conscientious and forward thinking co-workers.
Health and Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 3, 2017
Working in Health and Safety there are no typical days at work. That is one of the things I enjoy about Dana. It is never dull!
It is also nice to be able to visit other Dana facilities to share with each other best work practices. I recently shared one of our safety programs with Brazil via Skype. Even though I could not go there physically, we were able to learn a great deal from each other.
The hardest part of the job, I would say, is changing some of the more tenured employees minds about a positive safety culture. The most enjoyable is new hire general safety. I get to know new employees before most of the other management not directly over them. They seem to be more pliable to accepting positive safety agendas.
Pros
Good healthcare. Free food many times. A lot of perks.
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dana Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.