Dana Corporation

Dana Corporation Employer Reviews

Not a bad job, no room for advancement
machinist/Team leader (Former Employee), Lima, OHMarch 27, 2015
Pros: good pay, and benifets
Cons: No one seems to know what the goals are for a set time, managment passes blame to eachother in order to keep their jobs, turnover rate in management is extreamly high
Learned team leader skills as a result of working here i was responsible for 12-14 employees at a time. Downside was had to work with a new supervisor roughly every mouth. Machines where extremely old and in a state of disrepair. Hardest part was working with new supervisors and helping them learn how to work in a team environment, they usually hired without regard to experience.
Company Party's, Great Management, employee awards
Quality Associate (Former Employee), West JordanMarch 21, 2015
Pros: manaement, healthcare, employees
Cons: closed facility in salt lake after only five years
Excellent company to work for , learned everything about shipping and receiving, auditing, inventory control very busy work environment being a Western hub for auto part supplies ,Great workforce to work with we were all a team very enjoyable.
Great place to work with lots of employee incentives and fun time.
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYMarch 20, 2015
Pros: lots of employee incentives and fun times which made for a great work environment.
Cons: working second shift hours, 3:30 pm to midnight or later.
Worked as Human Resource Coordinator on the second shift of this factory environment. Was responsible for employee personnel files and employee issues. Assisted with insurance, vacation, sick, and other leave time and paperwork. I, along with three other HR personnel, sorted through applications, interviewed, prepared and implemented hiring classes for potential employees. Planned and managed yearly Management party. Assisted with planning and implementing yearly Christmas party and company picnic for over 500 employees. This was a great place to work with many learning experiences. The "Teamwork" environment was very strong and loved.
Robotic work
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Loved this place, learned so much. Robotics,electrical,mechanical, plc. This was the best place in the valley to have a career with. I wish this place never closed down.
Architectural woodworking custom/production
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Glasgow, KYMarch 11, 2015
Pros: skilled trade and always something different to work on
Cons: i can not thing of any, most enjoyable job i have ever had
We did architectural woodworking, our main customer was Dillards. We did alot of other stores but Dillards was our main customers. We over saw the customers orders from design to installation at the job site. Not everything was the same always something different to work on whether it was a new showcase design or remolding a store. Most difficult part of the job was language barrier, we employed Bosnians, Russians, Vietnamese, Cambodian's, people from all over the world and at the same time it may have made it difficult at times but also rewarding to be able to bring that many different cultures together to work for one common cause. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact I was teaching people a skilled trade whether it was reading blueprints runnning table sawsm assemblng fixtures, laminating or painting, the people were learning a skilled trade they could take out into the real world. Hardest part was when we had to close the plant, 911 got us, work was not there after 911 and we did not have the resources to stay in business.
Was good experience for me.
Production Manager/Manufacturing Lead Facilitator (Former Employee), Rochester Hills.March 8, 2015
Pros: people.
Cons: plant closed.
Company was a good start for me in a leadership postion.
I learned a lot and enjoyed working with fellow co-workers.
The plant closed down and i moved on to my current company.
Profit Center
Manufacturing Engineer Manager (Former Employee), Upper Sandusky, OHFebruary 12, 2015
Dana Corporation, especially the hydraulics parts division were staffed by innovative management and dedicated employees. Hydraulics was sold during the bankruptcy of the Parent to a company from the Peoples Republic of China. All employees either quit or retired.
Best place ever
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), StocktonJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: awsome place to be a part of
Cons: closed plant
Loved everything about this place. Robotic,electrical,PLC,
productive lots of hours
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), Saint Clair, MINovember 8, 2014
good pay and its a job you get lots of hours and good benefits. if there is ever downtime you may clean or paint. if not needed you can sign a list and possibly get sent home.
Retired after 30 plus years
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Antwerp, OHNovember 6, 2014
I worked in many different positions, performing a multitude of tasks over 30 years.
Only large manufactor in area.
employee (Current Employee), Paris, TNOctober 19, 2014
Great people to work with.great benefits. Largest manufactoring company in the area.
forkliift operator
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Humboldt TNOctober 18, 2014
attach Identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information I would move the orders to designated areas.
Excellent Place to work
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Lugoff, SCOctober 7, 2014
Great place to work with great benefits and great job work and life balance. Management and co-workers are great.
A manufacturing environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Bristol, VASeptember 26, 2014
A typical day working with part and tools. I learned various things and operated different machines. Management was helpful and understanding, Coworkers helped me learn the machines and how to operate them safely. The hardest part nothing comes to mind. The most enjoyable part operating machines and putting parts together.
outgoing worker
Sub Assembly (Former Employee), Gordonsville, TNSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches on your birthday
Cons: short breaks
Some days were and some were bad. Because when u work by yourself and don't have no help you get back up on what you are doing and it makes it hard on yourself/
Terrible Management
former employee (Former Employee), auburn,hillls miSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good benifits, pay decent
Cons: no outside life, bad management
bad management overall if you want to make money you will but you will but never will have time to spend it. Supervisors are not to bright because the turnover rate is high. union leadership is terrible.
Don't waste your time with Dana Corporation
Operational Analyst (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MISeptember 16, 2014
Pros: the pay was decent, great working relationship with the folks that work on the plant floor.
Cons: lack of help from plant management. lack of communication from plant management.
Run like the wind if you ever get offered a job with the Dana Corporation. The plant in Auburn Hills was where I once worked. That particular plant is very poorly ran. Management there doesn't have a clue what they are doing. Management there spend the time back stabbing each other and wondering what the next person is doing instead of working together for the better cause of production. There is a major disconnect between plant management and the workers on the plant floor. I never gotten any support from management and never got any formal training for the job I was hired to do. They DO NOT offer any overtime as a salary employee and you work long hours. Management is a revolving door. If the Dana Corporation ever call you, hang up! Don't waste your time with them.
Dana was a very hard job that taught me a lot about running different kinds of machines, driving a fork truck, and how to work on the machines.
Factory worker (Former Employee), Syracuse, INSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: very good benefits plus a retirement.
Cons: the company closed the doors.
I enjoyed the learning experiences I received from Dana Spicer
Axle with working with machines that intimidated me at the beginning, from them being so large, but I found out they were not all that bad. I lifted parts that weighed 35 to 48 pounds several times per 8 hour shift. I learned how to spot weld and run a robotic welder, laythe machines, mills, and drill machines. We had to change our own tooling on the machines, and that was the best part of my job, learning how. The hardest part was the heavy lifting without having hoists to help. I always got along with my co-workers. There are those that no matter what, you have your differences, but we still worked well together to perform our job expectations that were required of us.
No life outside of work!!!
Bracket welder (Current Employee), Humboldt,TNSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great insurance
Cons: no time off
Do not apply for this job unless you have no life or family. If you like working 8 to 12 hour days 7 days a week with maybe 2 days a month off then this is the job for you. If you like being lied to and secrets kept from you then this is the job for you. If you like not knowing when your shift starts or ends until the day of then this is the job for you. Be prepared to live in Dana when applying for this job.
Very open to new projects with the correct ROI percentage.
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Gordonsville, TNAugust 21, 2014
Pros: 7 minutes from my house, flexible opportunities on converting old practices into automation.
Cons: staff is very weak with respect from others and direction.
Daily support of plant activities from raw material to troubleshooting Fanuc Robots. Above and beyond is the workmanship with corporate with new model year products being launched. With the new launch I am allowed to investigate automation opportunities for future business and doing research on current operations for opportunities for cost savings. We tend to implement 2-3 different automation projects per year to meet next years cost savings along with new business coming in the door under best practices.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dana Corporation

When it comes to building cars, it starts with the parts, and Dana makes the parts that carmakers use to piece together new vehicles. – Read more

Dana Corporation Photos