Dana Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Hard work but what isn't??
production supervisor, liason, quality supervisor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TX - Shreveport, LAJanuary 17, 2016
Working for Dana Holding Corp was a great experience for me. I was able to advance from a product tech to management due to hard work and long hours. It's a very stressful environment and even when your away from the plant your not "off" but that is true with any job. I was given the opportunity to learn a lot about every aspect of the company. My boss ( the plant manager ) was a fantastic woman who stood behind me and believed in me. The only reason I'm not still with this company is due to GM closing the plant in Shreveport, LA. which affected a lot of vendors like Dana. I could have relocated but moving further away from my aging parents wasn't an option. As with anything in life, you get out what your willing to put in. Dana was a good part of my life!!
Pros
Advancement, benefits, pay scale and training.
Cons
You will work a lot of hours at times. On call 24/7/365
Excellent rewarding place to work.
NORTH AMERICAN COMMODITY MANAGER - SENIOR BUYER (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNMay 6, 2016
A typical day at work was rewarding and challenging and always new.

I was involved in Supplier Development, ISO and learned purchasing from a very knowledgeable team that worked well together.

I developed purchase agreements and contracts with suppliers, along with managing the spend for these suppliers.

The most enjoyable part of my Job was working with my suppliers,
and achieving cost reductions. The best part of the Job was the people I worked with for many years.
Pros
Security
Cons
The company culture changed after bankruptcy.
good paying job with good benefits
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNMarch 16, 2016
nonstop overtime, no time off for family life. prone to layoffs. Did enjoy the people I worked with on the floor. hardest part of the job was the speed at which you had to get production. was a good place for advancement.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no time off
Automotive
Sales Assistant / QS9000 Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 24, 2016
Great place, facility and people to work for and with. Changes of a technical nature were the most challenging part of the job. The part I enjoyed the most was facilitating meetings and executive luncheons.
Pros
Benefits and freedom to be away from my desk when needed.
Cons
Not many
great place to work
Maintenace Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAFebruary 23, 2016
Had a good career going with the company until they moved to Mexico. Learned a whole lot of mechanical and electrical skills while I was at Dana
Excllent Company
Operations /Continuous Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Great direction and leadership one of the original automotive companies I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to advance their career
Hard work but alot of fun.
PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lancaster County, PAJune 8, 2016
Great company to work for. Took very good care of it's employees. Your Safety was a big concern with company. And would wan your ideas and input to better the company and production operations.
Pros
Good pay and fun place to work
Cons
Sold company to investors.
paint department and inventory
Temp H G Staffing (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TNMay 8, 2016
Productivity and efficient work required. Downside is this they consider temporary needs and most people need full time reliable jobs.
Pros
nice co workers and supervisors
Cons
They can only provide temporary short timeframe work.
Don't waste your time with Dana Corporation
Operational Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 16, 2014
Run like the wind if you ever get offered a job with the Dana Corporation. The plant in Auburn Hills was where I once worked. That particular plant is very poorly ran. Management there doesn't have a clue what they are doing. Management there spend the time back stabbing each other and wondering what the next person is doing instead of working together for the better cause of production. There is a major disconnect between plant management and the workers on the plant floor. I never gotten any support from management and never got any formal training for the job I was hired to do. They DO NOT offer any overtime as a salary employee and you work long hours. Management is a revolving door. If the Dana Corporation ever call you, hang up! Don't waste your time with them.
Pros
the pay was decent, great working relationship with the folks that work on the plant floor.
Cons
lack of help from plant management. lack of communication from plant management.
Dana Corporation
Injection Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNJune 20, 2016
Dana had a good work enviroment, great supervisors. They caered about the quality of their products and employees.I really liked my job, but had to quit because of family reasons.
Fast paced environment with great people.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJune 24, 2014
My typical day began at 6:00 p.m. and ended at 2:30 a.m. While working there, I learned to weld, operate a fork truck, and the manufacturing process of this factory. The management was like most places, there were the people who truly cared about the employees and the company, and then the few who just wanted a bit of a raise with a little power. My co-workers were just as hard working as I had been while working there; people who wanted to do the best job possible, in the time given. The most difficult part of the job was checking the incoming raw materials for quality while unloading them from the incoming trucks in a timely and safe manner. And the most enjoyable part of the job, getting to see my co-workers everyday.
Pros
good benefits, great co-workers
Cons
a two-tier pay system
Good Job
Product Technician (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 4, 2014
Dana is a good company to work for overall. Safety and production is a priority there. Working for Dana was rough at times. There is heavy lifting, standing for long periods of time, bending and stooping. You are usually in constant motion at Dana. I learned how to M.I.G. weld and operate automated robots as well as use rivet guns. Also they taught me how to grind and rework metal. Management was sub-par, they at times seamed more interested in production and quality than you as a member of the team. It was difficult to work for them, but the benefits and pay were good. My co-workers were great and easy to work with. They worked as a team. The hardest part of the job is standing on the hard ground for long periods of time and bending over constantly. The most enjoyable part of the job was welding.
Diverse group of products
Assistant Quality Manager / Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Marine City, MIFebruary 19, 2016
Large amount vehicle programs to work on. It helped for concentration to be working with new parts all of the time. Overall liked the position and company.
Dana was a very hard job that taught me a lot about running different kinds of machines, driving a fork truck, and how to work on the machines.
Factory worker (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, INSeptember 9, 2014
I enjoyed the learning experiences I received from Dana Spicer
Axle with working with machines that intimidated me at the beginning, from them being so large, but I found out they were not all that bad. I lifted parts that weighed 35 to 48 pounds several times per 8 hour shift. I learned how to spot weld and run a robotic welder, laythe machines, mills, and drill machines. We had to change our own tooling on the machines, and that was the best part of my job, learning how. The hardest part was the heavy lifting without having hoists to help. I always got along with my co-workers. There are those that no matter what, you have your differences, but we still worked well together to perform our job expectations that were required of us.
Pros
very good benefits plus a retirement.
Cons
the company closed the doors.
A fun fast pass environment with lots of laughs.
Quality Control Investigator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 21, 2012
Review work orders, join up with a partner decided on the priority of work to be done first. Collect samples, review blueprints, measure and record values. Compare to specifications and notify operators and engineering department of conformance. I learned their is more than one way do things. There is a lot to learn from someone older and more experienced. Management was well trained and very helpful and professional. As far as co-workers there was very little turn over, which meant a highly skilled work force with quality products. The hardest part of the job was the noise from the equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the jokes we shared and the life we lived at work.
Pros
health benefits, vacations, pension
Cons
noisy
A highly physical job.
Factory worker (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, INJuly 31, 2014
Ran machines such as lathes, mills, robotic welders, material handled by hand and by fork truck, inspector, QS9000 inspection of parts.
I learned how to change tools for lathes, mills, drilling machines, and cnc lathes.
My co-workers and I had to work together well to produce good parts.
The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting and working in a very dirty factory.
My most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to run different machines.
Pros
very good benefits, great pay, and working with management and co-workers.
Cons
heavy lifting and dirty working conditions.
Poor Local Leadership
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  USAApril 15, 2016
My experience as a supervisor with Dana was one of minimal and ineffective leadership from the front office. The Production Manager loved to micro-manage the smallest details while offering no direction regarding matters of consequence. When problems arose it seemed a higher priority to assign blame than implement a solution. The less seniority you had with the company the more likely you were to be blamed by those with more seniority and the less likely the solutions you offered were even considered. Supervisors were restricted from trouble-shooting issues or making process adjustments on the off-shifts, and then were blamed for poor quality or low production issues the next day. The finger-pointing blame-game between shifts was in full force at Dana, and always taken at face value by the Production Manager without the due diligence of investigating the matter or discussing it with those that were blamed.

In the end my assignment with Dana was terminated without explanation or just cause. When questioned my superiors could offer no negative performance metric or evidence of failure to perform on my part. The impression I was left with was that it boiled down who you played golf with or who you were in bed with, literally. The type of people that were advanced or secure in their position were the most unprofessional, immature, bullying, sycophantic or promiscuous members of management because of who they were friends with.

This might just be the location that I worked at, and the people I worked with. I am not insinuating that this is indicative of the company as a whole.
  more... If you choose to work for Dana I hope your experience is much more positive than mine was.  less
Pros
Fair salary, good benefits
Cons
Excessive over-time, severe lack of professionalism in management
Work is life
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYAugust 11, 2014
Most work weeks are 7 days, 8 hour shifts. Pay is around $12.00 an hour. While you make decent money, you have no home life. I have personally worked over 30 days without a day off, and know people that have worked 3 months(or more) before getting ONE day off.You can bid on jobs within the company, and if you can get another job, perhaps the hours get better, however most of the time they have someone in mind for the position and if it isn't you then you are out of luck.
Pros
benefits, overtime
Cons
work week is 7 days
Productive workplace with hoists to move heavy parts
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, TNNovember 16, 2015
Fun work environment if you enjoy doing physical labor. Nice people to work with and help if any problems ever occur. As a machine operator you deal with an almost finished product and consist of using calipers and gauges of all sorts.
Worked on assebly line making driveshafts
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, TNNovember 5, 2015
Learned all about drive shafts. Lots of good coworkers. Lots of rules and regulations because of the seriousness of the product.
Pros
Good clean environment
Cons
Lots of dangerous machines, i.e. balancers that spin several rpms