Dana Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Na
PRODUCTION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MOAugust 16, 2015
This is a factory and is good for a first time job experience. It is located on Manchester in St. Louis. I worked there so long ago, not sure if it has changed.
Ok
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCAugust 7, 2015
Good company, good co-workers. Where I learned to run CNC machines. worked here for 18 years with no issues. Overall satisfaction is good with this company
Team Leader/Gasket Technician/Gasket Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 5, 2015
Dana was a great place to work. When they moved out of State I decided to retrain in a the IT field. I am thankful the the year that they provided income as well as their willingness to retrain me.
Learning with this company was fun
Supervisor/Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 31, 2015
While working for Dana in Elizabethtown KY and Louisville KY, I got to meet many different people and had a blast. I got to see all sides of the company and came to understand the many aspects of the operations.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
had to leave to take care of family
Hydro forming
Temporary Lab Engineer / Technician (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 15, 2015
It was a temporary lab technician. It was a great experience with very friendly co-workers. I help set up the process to hydro form truck frames.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
temp job
Profit Center
Manufacturing Engineer Manager (Former Employee) –  Upper Sandusky, OHFebruary 12, 2015
Dana Corporation, especially the hydraulics parts division were staffed by innovative management and dedicated employees. Hydraulics was sold during the bankruptcy of the Parent to a company from the Peoples Republic of China. All employees either quit or retired.
No life outside of work!!!
Bracket welder (Current Employee) –  Humboldt,TNSeptember 3, 2014
Do not apply for this job unless you have no life or family. If you like working 8 to 12 hour days 7 days a week with maybe 2 days a month off then this is the job for you. If you like being lied to and secrets kept from you then this is the job for you. If you like not knowing when your shift starts or ends until the day of then this is the job for you. Be prepared to live in Dana when applying for this job.
Pros
great insurance
Cons
no time off
Very open to new projects with the correct ROI percentage.
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Gordonsville, TNAugust 21, 2014
Daily support of plant activities from raw material to troubleshooting Fanuc Robots. Above and beyond is the workmanship with corporate with new model year products being launched. With the new launch I am allowed to investigate automation opportunities for future business and doing research on current operations for opportunities for cost savings. We tend to implement 2-3 different automation projects per year to meet next years cost savings along with new business coming in the door under best practices.
Pros
7 minutes from my house, flexible opportunities on converting old practices into automation.
Cons
staff is very weak with respect from others and direction.
Work is life
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYAugust 11, 2014
Most work weeks are 7 days, 8 hour shifts. Pay is around $12.00 an hour. While you make decent money, you have no home life. I have personally worked over 30 days without a day off, and know people that have worked 3 months(or more) before getting ONE day off.You can bid on jobs within the company, and if you can get another job, perhaps the hours get better, however most of the time they have someone in mind for the position and if it isn't you then you are out of luck.
Pros
benefits, overtime
Cons
work week is 7 days
A highly physical job.
Factory worker (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, INJuly 31, 2014
Ran machines such as lathes, mills, robotic welders, material handled by hand and by fork truck, inspector, QS9000 inspection of parts.
I learned how to change tools for lathes, mills, drilling machines, and cnc lathes.
My co-workers and I had to work together well to produce good parts.
The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting and working in a very dirty factory.
My most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to run different machines.
Pros
very good benefits, great pay, and working with management and co-workers.
Cons
heavy lifting and dirty working conditions.
Poor Local Leadership
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  USAApril 15, 2016
My experience as a supervisor with Dana was one of minimal and ineffective leadership from the front office. The Production Manager loved to micro-manage the smallest details while offering no direction regarding matters of consequence. When problems arose it seemed a higher priority to assign blame than implement a solution. The less seniority you had with the company the more likely you were to be blamed by those with more seniority and the less likely the solutions you offered were even considered. Supervisors were restricted from trouble-shooting issues or making process adjustments on the off-shifts, and then were blamed for poor quality or low production issues the next day. The finger-pointing blame-game between shifts was in full force at Dana, and always taken at face value by the Production Manager without the due diligence of investigating the matter or discussing it with those that were blamed.

In the end my assignment with Dana was terminated without explanation or just cause. When questioned my superiors could offer no negative performance metric or evidence of failure to perform on my part. The impression I was left with was that it boiled down who you played golf with or who you were in bed with, literally. The type of people that were advanced or secure in their position were the most unprofessional, immature, bullying, sycophantic or promiscuous members of management because of who they were friends with.

This might just be the location that I worked at, and the people I worked with. I am not insinuating that this is indicative of the company as a whole.
  more... If you choose to work for Dana I hope your experience is much more positive than mine was.  less
Pros
Fair salary, good benefits
Cons
Excessive over-time, severe lack of professionalism in management
good
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  stockton, caMarch 27, 2014
Working at MCA Trader Joes warehouse operating the high reach forklift to put away product. Selecting orders for clients shipment at a rate of 90% accuracy, detailed oriented, team player. Barcode all orders pulled from the shelves for accurate cycle counts of product moved, pulled and shipped. Keeping work station area clean following all company policies and procedures. Able to lift up to 100lbs stacking, loading, squatting, bending and standing during a regular 8 hour shift
Good Job
Product Technician (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 4, 2014
Dana is a good company to work for overall. Safety and production is a priority there. Working for Dana was rough at times. There is heavy lifting, standing for long periods of time, bending and stooping. You are usually in constant motion at Dana. I learned how to M.I.G. weld and operate automated robots as well as use rivet guns. Also they taught me how to grind and rework metal. Management was sub-par, they at times seamed more interested in production and quality than you as a member of the team. It was difficult to work for them, but the benefits and pay were good. My co-workers were great and easy to work with. They worked as a team. The hardest part of the job is standing on the hard ground for long periods of time and bending over constantly. The most enjoyable part of the job was welding.
Productive and a great place to work!
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Upper Sandusky, OHJanuary 26, 2014
It was fast paced & at times not real clean job. It was a heavy duty Machine Shop. They were good about promoting from within which was great as I was able to do different things in my 13 years. It was a shop that made auto break parts so everything had to be perfect or people could die. I took my job very seriously!! I enjoyed going to work there!
Pros
i worked alone alot & i liked that, all of the people that i worked with was great & had the same motivations as i did!!
Cons
health insurance wasn't very good.
Team oriented workplace with great job advancement opportunity.
Team Leader/Production worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 11, 2014
Typical day at Dana was scheduling production, checking for quality and productivity Improvements. I had the opportunity to learn the 5S Lean manufacturing and Just- In - Time production.
Dana management is very supportive and team oriented. My Team Members was fun to work with and very productive. The hardest part of the job to me was controlling the uncontrollable. I.E. Down robots, machine breaks, computer malfunctions.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with management and my team members and getting the job done.
Pros
team work, safety dinners, acknowledgement dinners.
Cons
Was good experience for me.
Production Manager/Manufacturing Lead Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills.March 8, 2015
Company was a good start for me in a leadership postion.
I learned a lot and enjoyed working with fellow co-workers.
The plant closed down and i moved on to my current company.
Pros
people.
Cons
plant closed.
keeping the plant running
Expediter (Former Employee) –  Lugoff, SCNovember 11, 2013
I Learned to work on production floor and then in the office, so I knew what they were going through.
The hardest part of the job was that I would have to work from home, making sure the parts got to production floor in time for build . If parts were flying next day or same day air...you would have to track it all night.
I enjoyed talking to people from all over the world, because the parts I'd order came from all over, sometimes with the time being deffrent you'd wake up people.
Pros
getting off for 2 weeks a year in aug.
Cons
sometimes upper management doesn't understand you as a person, only what you could do
Great atmosphere in which to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FloridaMay 13, 2014
I worked with a great team in the Human Relations Department. I was busy answering the phones, assisting plant employees with their hours and points and insurance questions. My boss was so caring of the plant employees. He was a great example. I stayed busy and that's is how I liked it. The hardest part of the job was when people lost their jobs and knowing what a hardship that presesnted to them.
Fast paced environment with great people.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJune 24, 2014
My typical day began at 6:00 p.m. and ended at 2:30 a.m. While working there, I learned to weld, operate a fork truck, and the manufacturing process of this factory. The management was like most places, there were the people who truly cared about the employees and the company, and then the few who just wanted a bit of a raise with a little power. My co-workers were just as hard working as I had been while working there; people who wanted to do the best job possible, in the time given. The most difficult part of the job was checking the incoming raw materials for quality while unloading them from the incoming trucks in a timely and safe manner. And the most enjoyable part of the job, getting to see my co-workers everyday.
Pros
good benefits, great co-workers
Cons
a two-tier pay system
Productive, goals and acheivements
Audit Coordinator / Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Fulton KentuckyAugust 30, 2013
A typical day included meeting with auditors and supervisors to ensure if any quality issues had taken place. Then I would review all shift quality documentation to prioritize my day. Review emails from customers. The hardest part of my job was a pick few suppliers with quality issues. The most enjoyable part of this job was auditing the off shifts, this give me the opportunity to speak with employees on the off shifts that I rarely got to see.
Pros
pride in my work