Dana Corporation Employee Reviews

Non worker friendly. Poor communication
Heat treat operator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYApril 17, 2017
Unsafe work environment.poor management, supervision,safety practice. Didn't take constructive input from employees. Forced employees to vote in Union from lack of confidence.
Pros
Income
Cons
Work environment
It was a good place to work and really enjoyed doing the work.
Inspector and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  #1 Dana Way,Longview, Texas,75602April 13, 2017
A typical work day was good but study til your break. I learn how run press machines and how the press operates.At first I was outside loading and unloading truck. I loved that and then they put me on the inside and I even loved that more. Didn't have to worry boutique the weather being bad. The hardest part about the job was nothing. I enjoyed the most part of the job was I gave it my all every time.
Pros
Alot of over time.
Cons
To many women in a workplace
No life
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Dry Ridge, KYApril 6, 2017
I have work there for 10 years and the only reason i have stayed there is because its only minutes away from home. And for me that is the only good thing about that place.
As for the hours they suck they will not change the hour to help the people but to help themselves. So think 12 hours 6am to 6pm, 6 to 7 days a week. Only time off is u have to use a vacation day. If that is for u go for it.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours and days
Out of business.
Machine Core Operator and Finals Inspector (Former Employee) –  Danville, INApril 5, 2017
Company went out of business back in 2006. Company no longer in Danville, IN. People were fun to work with, but we were overworked by management. A lot of gossip at tomes and backstabbing, but jokes too.
Pros
out of business.
Cons
out of business.
Overall fun place to work with conscientious and forward thinking co-workers.
Health and Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 3, 2017
Working in Health and Safety there are no typical days at work. That is one of the things I enjoy about Dana. It is never dull!
It is also nice to be able to visit other Dana facilities to share with each other best work practices. I recently shared one of our safety programs with Brazil via Skype. Even though I could not go there physically, we were able to learn a great deal from each other.
The hardest part of the job, I would say, is changing some of the more tenured employees minds about a positive safety culture. The most enjoyable is new hire general safety. I get to know new employees before most of the other management not directly over them. They seem to be more pliable to accepting positive safety agendas.
Pros
Good healthcare. Free food many times. A lot of perks.
Cons
Pay
Great
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Robinson, ILMarch 27, 2017
Dana Corporate was a good place to work because they provided a union position after your probation period. They Had great health benefits and possibilities of different jobs
Productive workplace,Loved the Atmosphere
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 25, 2017
A typical day at work ,clock in,make sure my employees,are on time,Get my paperwork ready,an ensure work is done to the satisfaction of the consumer.I learned to analyze an look at products system an materials to make sure there are no defects. I also learn management make sure that it is made to company standards. Analysts work in many different fields,transportation. Ensuring quality products leave the manufacturer on the way to consumers.An provide confidence that the quality requirements will be fulfilled.
production work nice working area
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNMarch 23, 2017
Production all press operation expecting all parts. .some assembly packing stacking boxing weight some parts when needed cure posting process molding devices
Pros
all was a team group
Cons
all breaks was fair
loved the job
Welder / Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Loved working for the company.. I learned a lot as and welder. I really hate that the company moved and it provided jobs for the surrounding area for as pay..if they ever come back to the area i would be the first in line.
Pros
money and benefits
productive
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Dry Ridge, KYFebruary 19, 2017
Excellent place to work for a single person the hours are long money is great but the life balance is very poor. I recommend taking temp position to see what job is like
Good place to work before lay offs
Quality Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 17, 2017
Dana Corporation provided me with a good place of employment for almost 6 years. Their wages were very competitive and they hire technical positions from within and promote from within. They also had a good benefit package. The only negative thing I have to say is that they had a massive lay off when Dana Corp filed bankruptcy.
Good job if you dont want a life.
Final torque (Former Employee) –  Dry Ridge, KYFebruary 11, 2017
Mandatory 12 hours a day 7 days a week as a temp. You work and do whatever the tell you. Pay aint bad. People get ridiculous after a few months. If you wanna make money and not spend it work here.
Pros
Good money
Cons
No days off
Gasketmaker (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYFebruary 2, 2017
Automotive manufacturing of cylinder head gaskets and exhaust gaskets for cummins, caterpillar, and john deere, just to name a few.
Cons
Union
Great people to work with.
Team Leader/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 1, 2017
Running a CNC machine and doing set ups was a typical day. Management and co-workers were a great team to work with. The hardest part of the job, is knowing they were closing the doors.
A lot of work gets accomplished.
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHFebruary 1, 2017
During our shifts we manage to get a lot more done than what it may seem like. We often were required to help with our facilities department to on some projects throughout the building. Some projects may have included office moves and furniture moves throughout the office. This made for a very unexpected day and we were never not busy. The hardest part of the job though was sometimes keeping up with the amount of tasks we had in a day or week. With that being said this also was the most enjoyable because it allowed us to create relationships with some of the higher up executives in the company.
Pros
While working, you learn a lot about what the company does as a whole.
Cons
You do have a lot of very busy days which makes it very hard to complete every day tasks.
machinist
Grinding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 26, 2017
• Set-up and programmed CNC machines
• Operated forklifts, drill presses, automatic saws, lathes, and mills
• Produced door hinges for military vehicles in Iraq, equipment for the United States Air Force, and aircraft carriers
Loved the job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Dry Ridge, KYJanuary 20, 2017
Loved the job but to inconsistent with the shift hours. It was very easy and some what tedious. It was great money. Long hours so little time for a family. Great benefits not enough sick time or emergency time. Good people to work with but a company that seemed to care less about advancing their employees or motivating them to strive for better.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough notice for mandatory overtime
The best place to work...like one big family...caring an doing for each other...
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Angola, INJanuary 19, 2017
The company provided excellent benefits,paid holiday,sick days,excellent vocation time,excellent wage..safe environment.
Excelent Company
Primary Sr. Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 19, 2017
The Company offers great payments and benefits, company offer excellent work environment, must of the employees are friendly and always available to help other.
Temporary worker
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJanuary 4, 2017
As an inspector working through this company, I was overall very pleased with the entire facility and staff. The job was very simple and the hours were great.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Temporary position