Dana Corporation

Dana Corporation Employer Reviews

Team oriented workplace with great job advancement opportunity.
Team Leader/Production worker (Former Employee), Columbia, MOJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: team work, safety dinners, acknowledgement dinners.
Cons: long hours
Typical day at Dana was scheduling production, checking for quality and productivity Improvements. I had the opportunity to learn the 5S Lean manufacturing and Just- In - Time production.
Dana management is very supportive and team oriented. My Team Members was fun to work with and very productive. The hardest part of the job to me was controlling the uncontrollable. I.E. Down robots, machine breaks, computer malfunctions.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with management and my team members and getting the job done.
Fast Pace
Production Welder (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYDecember 18, 2013
Fast pace job, but a good place to work. This was a nice place to work. Everyone was nice and always willing to help.
Dana Corporation was a great place to work.
Production/Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Marion, IndianaDecember 18, 2013
Pros: the pros of the job were that there was overtime available.
Cons: the cons of the job were that the company had to close the doors.
My typical day at work consisted of running my machine or inspecting other co-workers parts, making sure the parts were ready to ship to the customer and that the parts were correct.
Had a good time
Sr Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Maumee, OHDecember 10, 2013
It was pleasure working with the organization, was learned a lot a in the real time modules.
was a good production place.
Production Line Worker, Machine Operator (Former Employee), Stockton, CANovember 30, 2013
was a good place to work had decent hours and breaks. only could get hired through a temp agency.
Dana Closed Doors in Febuary 2013
Gasket Technician (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 18, 2013
Cons: closed in early 2013
Dana was a great place to work,until they filed bankrupty in 2002 and closed the doors in Feb 2013
keeping the plant running
Expediter (Former Employee), Lugoff, SCNovember 11, 2013
Pros: getting off for 2 weeks a year in aug.
Cons: sometimes upper management doesn't understand you as a person, only what you could do
I Learned to work on production floor and then in the office, so I knew what they were going through.
The hardest part of the job was that I would have to work from home, making sure the parts got to production floor in time for build . If parts were flying next day or same day air...you would have to track it all night.
I enjoyed talking to people from all over the world, because the parts I'd order came from all over, sometimes with the time being deffrent you'd wake up people.
Productive and exciting
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Glasgow, KYNovember 5, 2013
Pros: benefits, coworkers, breaks, job in general
I worked nights so it wasn't as hectic. I ran two machines and kept production where I was supposed to be so I didn't have any problems with management. There are several people out there that are wonderful to work with and everyone is very friendly and helpful.
it was a teamwork envirement
Distribution Warehouse / Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee), mISHAWAKA iNDIANAOctober 6, 2013
Pros: they care about you as a person.
Cons: i really want to grow with them but the re-located to okc.
We would all meet at the begining of the shift a set short term goals.
Productive, goals and acheivements
Audit Coordinator / Purchasing (Former Employee), Fulton KentuckyAugust 30, 2013
Pros: pride in my work
A typical day included meeting with auditors and supervisors to ensure if any quality issues had taken place. Then I would review all shift quality documentation to prioritize my day. Review emails from customers. The hardest part of my job was a pick few suppliers with quality issues. The most enjoyable part of this job was auditing the off shifts, this give me the opportunity to speak with employees on the off shifts that I rarely got to see.
A worldwide manufacturer of commercial vehicle frames, axles and electrical components (this location is no
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAAugust 30, 2013
longer in business).
Having the people i work with made it all worth it.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 23, 2013
Pros: anything free
Cons: the closing of the milwaukee plant.
The best part was having a job. The worst was when they closed the Milwaukee Plant. The best was the people i worked with The worst part when they closed the Milwaukee Plant. Walking out the door on the last day.:-( :-(
good company to work for
Product Technician (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYAugust 21, 2013
Welding in a production facility on automotive frames. Learning quality and safety standards in a factory.
Challenging and rewarding
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee), Paris, TNAugust 7, 2013
I have worked for Dana Corporation for 19 years and have enjoyed my experiences here. I have been able to work for several different departments and gain experience that I don't feel I would have been able to gain elsewhere.
Great Company to work for
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee), Mishawaka IndianaAugust 7, 2013
Pros: positive work life
Cons: long hours
Is a very good company to work for. They work with each employee to train and grow that person .
Great company...
CNC Machinist / Operator (Former Employee), Morganton, NCJuly 22, 2013
A great company to work for, until the plant where I worked was purchased by Sypris Technologies. They slashed benefits and pay and quadrupled the cost of insurance.
A assembly line company
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Dry Ridge, KYJuly 17, 2013
Pros: can pay good with the overtime
Cons: way too much required overtime, sometimes 7 days a week.
This company assembles axles. the work is hard and fast paced.
I had no problems with the workers or management, but the work was physically demanding
Productive and fun place to work for
Production Technician (Welder)/Quality (Former Employee), Longview, TXJune 24, 2013
Great Job. Love working with Co-Workers. Great benefits. Good Workings hours.
Fast pace working facility.
Welder (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJune 6, 2013
Pros: free lunch friday
Cons: short breaks
i was on the line helping make Toyota Tacoma pickup trucks. you needed to be fast or you wouldn't last.
I type the summary in the review box.
Shipping Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee), Rochester Hills, MIJune 3, 2013
Pros: i have a job to be present at least five days a week.
Cons: penny pench their hourly employee's, you must work lots of overtime in order to take home a nice paycheck.
A typical day at work would be preforming paperwork work for out going & in coming goods. Preparing ASN on the computer for Ford,Chrysler,Gm,etc. I learned how to be come self motivated in day to day operations and also multi task in more effective ways. Management could be better with it's organization, needs more work on employee & management relations with hourly workers. My co-workers are the best, we help one another get daily task done. The hardest part of the job is when your short handed. The most enjoyable part of the job is when almost everything runs smooth & orders set to be shipped out are complete.

About Dana Corporation

When it comes to building cars, it starts with the parts, and Dana makes the parts that carmakers use to piece together new vehicles. – Read more

Dana Corporation Photos