Dana Corporation Employee Reviews

Temporary worker
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJanuary 4, 2017
As an inspector working through this company, I was overall very pleased with the entire facility and staff. The job was very simple and the hours were great.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Temporary position
HR Assistant - Admin Assistant
Production Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dry Ridge, KYDecember 29, 2016
I would provide superior communication skills, and they are helpful in facilitating interaction among staff and managers. A morning may start with advising a customer service team on improving telephone skills. Courtesy and patience are qualities that favorably influence customers, and a representative can make a good impression by using them. Making notes to follow up on improvements is usually the last step in advisory meetings.
Pros
Working with professionals and easy to ask questions to superiors
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, long distance to drive to office.
Fantastic Work Enviroment
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHDecember 28, 2016
This was by far the greatest place to work. Always very clear as to what was expected each day. Excellent communication from management to everyone. Great co-workers.
It was a shame when the plant closed.
Pros
Cons
Plant Closed
good people
Buyer (Current Employee) –  MaumeeDecember 19, 2016
There is a good group of people that work for Dana. I enjoy the plant I work at although it is very small with less than 50 employees.
Fast paced environment dealing with big corporations
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PADecember 14, 2016
Good company to work for with strong knowledgeable team. Fast paced environment with alot of responsibility to supply products to the highest names in the auto industry.
didnt have much time there
Machine Operator (Shotpeen) (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYDecember 12, 2016
I didn't work here very long but the time I was there through the tem service I really enjoyed the third shift crew. very long hours but very awesome job
fast past
Paint Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, TNDecember 12, 2016
easy, outgoing work place. had people that didnt work as hard but still got the work done. was not hot. was night time so not many people worked on 3rd shift.
Pros
was able to get food if you didnt have money but you had to wright your name on a paper, the item you got and how much it was.
Cons
15 mins per break and 30 min break for lunch
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 30, 2016
Very productive workplace, lot of great people a valuable learning experience for me.The company was great at teaching more than one position ,having you in all areas advancements,
Pros
awards, dinners
Cons
wasnt any
Employees great to work with
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYNovember 30, 2016
Started off as a great company but ended with poor management . Great employees to work with and great customers we dealt with. Enjoyed my job while there
Pros
Employees great to work with and customers were great
Cons
Poor management
Pretty Decent Job
Combining Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, KY 40422November 6, 2016
The place pays good and has good benefits, but you work all the time. They worked almost every day for the year I was there. The job itself is very easy. It does get very dirty, however.
Pros
Decent benefits and pay.
Cons
Work all the time.

Want to know more about Dana Corporation?

Ask a question
good job to have
Team Leader/lead set-up on hydromat machines (Former Employee) –  Upper Sandusky, OHOctober 25, 2016
Nothing to really say, they shut the plant down and moved everything out to "other" locations. had a good work force, a great training program and was overall a decent place to work.
good place to work
o Senior Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 30, 2016
Good pay increases and many chances for advancement. They treated their employees well. Would still be working for they, but the sold the company. With this the plant was closed.
excellent people to work with
Engineering Design Checker (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 2, 2016
My job is checking form, fit and function. I found those jobs I checked were designed by competent people. When I found an over-site, they were most often agreeable to comply.
Pros
excellent place to work
Car parts!
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, TNJune 28, 2016
The co-workers there were awesome! Like a family! Really nothing bad to say about Dana! Driveshaft plant! Great place!
Automotive
Sales Assistant / QS9000 Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 24, 2016
Great place, facility and people to work for and with. Changes of a technical nature were the most challenging part of the job. The part I enjoyed the most was facilitating meetings and executive luncheons.
Pros
Benefits and freedom to be away from my desk when needed.
Cons
Not many
Dana Corporation
Injection Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNJune 20, 2016
Dana had a good work enviroment, great supervisors. They caered about the quality of their products and employees.I really liked my job, but had to quit because of family reasons.
Hard work but alot of fun.
PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lancaster County, PAJune 8, 2016
Great company to work for. Took very good care of it's employees. Your Safety was a big concern with company. And would wan your ideas and input to better the company and production operations.
Pros
Good pay and fun place to work
Cons
Sold company to investors.
paint department and inventory
Temp H G Staffing (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TNMay 8, 2016
Productivity and efficient work required. Downside is this they consider temporary needs and most people need full time reliable jobs.
Pros
nice co workers and supervisors
Cons
They can only provide temporary short timeframe work.
Excellent rewarding place to work.
NORTH AMERICAN COMMODITY MANAGER - SENIOR BUYER (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNMay 6, 2016
A typical day at work was rewarding and challenging and always new.

I was involved in Supplier Development, ISO and learned purchasing from a very knowledgeable team that worked well together.

I developed purchase agreements and contracts with suppliers, along with managing the spend for these suppliers.

The most enjoyable part of my Job was working with my suppliers,
and achieving cost reductions. The best part of the Job was the people I worked with for many years.
Pros
Security
Cons
The company culture changed after bankruptcy.
Poor Local Leadership
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  USAApril 15, 2016
My experience as a supervisor with Dana was one of minimal and ineffective leadership from the front office. The Production Manager loved to micro-manage the smallest details while offering no direction regarding matters of consequence. When problems arose it seemed a higher priority to assign blame than implement a solution. The less seniority you had with the company the more likely you were to be blamed by those with more seniority and the less likely the solutions you offered were even considered. Supervisors were restricted from trouble-shooting issues or making process adjustments on the off-shifts, and then were blamed for poor quality or low production issues the next day. The finger-pointing blame-game between shifts was in full force at Dana, and always taken at face value by the Production Manager without the due diligence of investigating the matter or discussing it with those that were blamed.

In the end my assignment with Dana was terminated without explanation or just cause. When questioned my superiors could offer no negative performance metric or evidence of failure to perform on my part. The impression I was left with was that it boiled down who you played golf with or who you were in bed with, literally. The type of people that were advanced or secure in their position were the most unprofessional, immature, bullying, sycophantic or promiscuous members of management because of who they were friends with.

This might just be the location that I worked at, and the people I worked with. I am not insinuating that this is indicative of the company as a whole.
  more... If you choose to work for Dana I hope your experience is much more positive than mine was.  less
Pros
Fair salary, good benefits
Cons
Excessive over-time, severe lack of professionalism in management