DANA TRANSPORT Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Tanker Driver Local & OTR (Former Employee) –  Grafton, MAFebruary 3, 2017
This is a top notch Company with creditable personal. Highly recommended.
Situations such as directions and address get addressed in a timely manner as do equipment and a high standard on safety.
Well instructed in operation of
Company and Safety matters.
You are paid what you are owed without having to look over your shoulder all the time
Any owner that gets out in the yard and works till all hours, well that kind of says it all.
This is a company that u can feel secure with for life.
Pros
Security as far as company employees bolth working with and conjinial atmosphere
Cons
could not find any except for the local Boston traffic
fellow co-workers make it worth coming into work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Avenel, NJNovember 14, 2016
8-5 one hour lunch, great benefits, better co-workers. Unfortunately there is no room for advancement. Always enough work to keep you busy.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no advancement opportunity
Driver former employee
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MAAugust 9, 2016
Was a decent place to work. Was kept very busy. If you put forth the effort you could make a decent pay check most of the time. If broke down I was compensated. I worked out of Oxford MA dry bulk terminal. The office personal were exceptional compared to a lot of other places I've worked and more exceptional than the average Dana terminal. They would go out if there way to help.
Pros
Dry bulk terminal management exceptional were very aware of your effort and would let you know
Cons
vert Little help from other terminals, constant battle at other terminals for help, treated like outsider
chemical tanker
owner opp (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2016
normal driving job, pick up loads of chemical and deliver them to customer, drive south east ,fl,ga,sc,nc ms,al,la, tx
not a bad place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MAApril 4, 2016
it was a lot of hours ,but if you like agood place to work with great people and lots of hours you will like it there. you travel all over the place some days are hard and some not bad
fun place to work and you meet great people
Tire man / Mechanic (Former Employee) –  avanel,new jerseyNovember 9, 2015
its a great place to work it just i found a closer job to my house,i was able to work as manny hours i wanted,and i gained a lot skills
Pros
great place, good enviroment and lost of hours of work
Cons
it was a little too far back them, and my transportation was limited
I learn a lots of comapany benefits, new laws.
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Demopolis, ALAugust 3, 2015
Big company, many terminals around the USA, very good benefits, very states law to complied, good support from my Sr. HR, and provide a lots of training fro drivers and safety employees.
Great Job, Safety comes first, Team atmosphere, respect
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MAJuly 28, 2015
Dana's owner has been great to work with. I knew I was in the right place when he stated " Take care of the customer & the people at Dana .............. The rest will work out". Unparalleled education !!

Enjoyable growing the dry bulk division with a great team of people and strong backing.

Some corporate positions need assistance which would help all Dana employees & prevent frustration. Terminal Managers do not always have a clear direction to report to on the operation side making it necessary to put your best foot forward or be stagnant.
Pros
Working with an incredible visionary that respects people
Cons
Corporate lacks structure but makes up for it in industry knowledge
Dana Transport
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Crestwood, ILApril 14, 2014
Work was not very challenging and at times monotonous and could get very boring.
Potential for advancement
A/P / Collection Specialist / Accountant (Current Employee) –  Avenel, NJApril 6, 2014
Typical day starts off in morning to collect from customers then process refund claims from customers and some time after that work on month end close. The highlight of my day is to keep busy and keep learning how the business stives. My co-works and work as a team.
Pros
one hour lunch break
Cons
4 sick days for the year and 3 weeks max. vacation days after 10years
You have to Love your job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hope, ARJune 25, 2013
And I love my job. Great work envoronment and friendly co-workers!
i enjoy working with trucks
mechanic/trator/tank (Former Employee) –  Avenel, NJApril 5, 2013
very hard days lots of repairs being done a good pace.over the past 25 yrs of working with tractor and tank trucks.it put me in a position were i can work on most tractors and tank trucks.as for the management it like any other job. my coworker were at a level I'm at.being called for outside work stop&go lots of time.my most job was I'm finished and it works.enjoyable part of the was I'm done and and i did a good job. it's on is way to it's next stop.
Pros
we did'nt pay for our own rags
Cons
t trucking industry is non stop.
Horrible place to work
Administrative Assistant/Logistics (Former Employee) –  Grayling, MIMarch 11, 2013
Well no raise increases expected to other tasks besides the ones you are told to do. Pay is constantly late. You work 3 weeks before you get your first check. LIES LIES LIES they tell you.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
management is horrible. wont stick up for what is right and never pay on time.
a very PLEASENT place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 18, 2012
Okay place to work if you like no bonus for christmas no bonus for safety no longevity bonus but you get to drive a PETE
Pros
pay
Cons
equiptment
It is an okay place to work
Trailer Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILSeptember 30, 2012
Wash tanks all day. There is not anything else to tell. I wash tanks. My co-workers are a good group of guys. There is no hard part of my job.
Pros
employment
Cons
pay scale
Getting hazmat experience
Logistic Coordinator/Driver Has (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 24, 2012
I was a truck driver/ logistics coordinator. I organized delivery of Hazmat chemicals and scheduled the loads for delivery.
Pros
learning hazmat loads for tankers for warehouse storage or delivery.
Cons
lay-off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DANA TRANSPORT. Our community is ready to answer.