Dana Employee Reviews

Great job just worked everyday.
Tier 2 Gasket maker (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYFebruary 18, 2016
I would somewhere different everyday because I knew how to operate everything. I learned how to work hard and to work at a fast pace. Management were awesome because if you needed help to fix a machine the supervisor would assist you with the issue. The best part was being with my co-workers, working 7 days a week made everyone family. The hardest part of the job was working 7 days a week and machines would mess up a lot.
Pros
Paid great and awesome co-workers
Cons
downtime and working everyday.
Productive but sometimes stressful
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Humboldt, TNSeptember 9, 2016
Work was usually pretty decent, It had its days that were stressful. Most of the employees were easy going and hard working. It is the auto industry, when things are good its good. When its bad,,time to start job hunting.
Pros
Great benefits, decent pay.
Cons
If you're a hard worker, expect to get the tougher jobs while the lazy people who dont produce get the easy jobs.
Nice environment to work, freedom to operate with minimal supervision
production operator and quality inspector (Former Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 25, 2016
Gather paperwork, go through departments and inspect parts, record findings, check a certain number of parts (raw material and finished product) as they are received, pass or reject, solve issues with product, report to department manager.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
Great people who have a lot of knowledge.
Agent/Producer (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 24, 2016
I learned a lot of insurance knowledge by working with great individuals at The Dana Company. I have nothing derogatory to say about the people or this company.
Pros
Education and great people.
Cons
Low income and zero room for promotions.
Long Hours
Assembly Line Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dry Ridge, KYAugust 24, 2016
You work 12 hour days, hard to balance family life with work life. They treat you as if they can repalce you any time no matter how long you have worked there
Pros
Good money
Cons
No life
no job security
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYAugust 23, 2016
great job honest work just no kind of job security due to being laid off twice within the last six months and the first time being the week off thanksgiving
Quick shifts
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 11, 2016
Overall not bad just very repeating daily never changes but holidays pay and benefits are great and management isn't bad at all.
Good
labor (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 6, 2016
Machine operator work in a 5' x 5' area. Work may way up to trucker and enjoyed work with all the operators. The hardest part of the job was how hot the foundry was.
Pros
Money was good
Cons
I stay at the machine for 9 hours a day.
productive work environment
operator/production (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 20, 2016
a typical day at Dana, machines malfunctioning ,machines going haywire seeing different co-workers and self getting machines back on track to finish work task for the day ,Over all at the end of the day it was a prosperous day and my hardest part of my job was when i had gotten backed up on my line,and the most enjoyable part of the day was when we completed all the the work for the day successfully....
Pros
basketball hoop, 4 break rooms with all the amenities, guard shack, great 401 k, health plans
Cons
short breaks and as well as short lunch breaks
good job
driveshaft welder (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 12, 2016
learned a lot of new things new machines new jobs. Learned how to weld really good. Cool co workers good money and good hours
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYMay 3, 2016
Really liked working at Dana. I learned several jobs, my co workers were very helpful. But I was a temporary & a contract fell though at the plant, so I was let go.
Pros
Nice Atmosphere
Cons
Didn't last
Work environment
Director, Information Systems (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILFebruary 26, 2016
The company held a positive work environment. It is a challenging and active place of employment. Plenty of opportunities to demonstrate leadership
Overall Dana was a fine company to work for - great culture
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia City, INOctober 21, 2015
Dana had a great employee focused culture with a strong ethical environment, solid quality focus and good promotion opportunities.
Pros
Good structure and ethical climate
Cons
As a Tier I supplier to automotive they had a constant struggle to remain profitable.
great place to work
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCFebruary 26, 2015
place is out of buisness now but was a very good place of employment,with good benifits,nice if it was still there.learned alot about life when i was working here,got to be with my son when he was very young because of working here.
Pros
1st shift
Cons
out of buisness
Production
operator (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNNovember 2, 2015
Dana is not a very good Company to work for. I have worked in several departments in my 20 plus years at this Company. The management is hard to work for. The other people that I work with feel the same way. The hardest part of the job is dealing with Management.
good
Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kendallville, INJanuary 4, 2016
great place to work, gained a whole loot of experience with machines and how to deal with other people, great start to learning how to problem solve
Productive and easy going workplace.
Production Technician / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 14, 2015
Good management. Awesome co-workers and the job itself wasn't to bad. Starting pay wasn't that great but the work itself wasn't that bad.
Manpower Temp
Assembly Tech/Paint Line (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville,TNJuly 17, 2015
The only good thing about the job were the people. The work is monotonous. Working seven days a week wasn't favorable but it was decent money. Not a place I saw myself long-term.
operations
Mig Welder (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 16, 2015
my job was to run the truck frames into a coater to be painted. it was really neat to see how vehicles were put together and the entire process to make it happen.
Great job for the area.
Assembly and Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Vinita, OKMay 27, 2015
Great job for the area. Poor management. Good co-workers. Man's world-did not like women to be in machining. Slow to hire women in the area.
Pros
Always looking for ways to improve the job
Cons
Management poorly handled.

4.2