Dana

Dana United States Employee Reviews

Dana was a job that was very hard.
Welding Inspector (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 31, 2014
Pros: there were not lots of pros on this job.
Cons: the cons was never know when they say turn in your badge at any time.
A typical day was trying to get though the shift.
I was inspector the welding. You would never know when they was going to lay you off.
They had a big turn over. Soon they closed down.
Worked in various departments
Engineering Support (Former Employee), Mitchell, INOctober 10, 2014
Worked in several departments during employment here, and satisfaction with each position was largely based on the management for that department.

Facility was on a wage freeze for close to 7 years, and was downsizing slowly the majority of the time I was employed there. This was not good for overall employee attitude or moral.

Overall, executive management worked very hard to keep a bad situation from getting worse, but facility eventually closed.
Great place to work, team work, HR friendly and great pay.
Manufacturing associate (Former Employee), Saint Clair, MISeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great pay, inc, vacation pay, days off, great bosses.
Cons: n/a
I worked first shift from 7:00am to 3:30pm or worked 12 hour days from 3:30am to 3:30pm Assembly, production, trouble shoot, paper work, fast pace, team work, trainer. I loved my job at Dana. Great company to work for with great bosses and HR friendly
Great place to work, team work, HR friendly and great pay.
Manufacturing associate (Former Employee), Saint Clair, MISeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great pay, inc, vacation pay, days off, great bosses.
Cons: n/a
I worked from 7:00am to 3:30pm but worked overtime from 3:30am to 3:30pm 6 and 7 days a week. I made oil coolers for cars and trucks, I also filled out paperwork, scrap, clean-up, trained new trainees for 2 weeks till they were placed on their shift.
Productive and fun to be at work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Antioch, TNMay 7, 2014
Pros: great friends, and bosses, and insurance.
Cons: closed in 2004
You would get a scannner have a meeting about where you were going to be that night. And then you went to work and had fun. Everyone was always kidding around but still getting work done. I loved working for this company. Most everyone their was treated like a part of a family.
dana
assemply technician tier 2 (Former Employee), Gordonsville, TNApril 14, 2014
i do enjoy the people at dana . everyone works so well together and generally are sincere. i do like to know what is exspected from me . we srart the day out in a meeting and we know what needs to be done . i do like that. the hardest part is the physical work . the most enjoyable is the people . we work so good together and we work as a team. as far as management , i did vollunteer for the Relay for Life and that was awsome and management pulled it all together.
productive workplace with fun people to work with
Production Technician/Inspector (Former Employee), Longview, TXMarch 31, 2014
Pros: union
Cons: short breaks and lunches
Was trained for welding, learning quality control, and advanced to inspection of truck frames and Hummer frames. Work was fast paced and worked on a point system...so punctuality was a must.
a seven day a week job
gasket maker (Current Employee), Danville, KYMarch 31, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Cons: short breaks and lunches and work all the time
perform iso audits of machines, after that look at your work order and check specification on the computer see how many you need to run and how to package. run your first piece check and make sure it is in spec performing checks with approciate tools, start machines and run and inspect the gaskets and package if you finish an order change over to next work order and repeat.
manufacturing
Machine Set-up Operator (Former Employee), Andrews, INMarch 2, 2014
I got to run several different machines and learned to do set-up on them
I was laid off do to the closing of the plant.
I learned quite a bit about the assembly process
Production Line Leader (Former Employee), Lancaster, PADecember 12, 2013
Was a great company to work for. I was given the opportunity to become a line leader
Safety minded company with good employee morale.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Dry Ridge, KYDecember 4, 2013
Long weeks with plenty of hours which would be fine but there was no room for advancement or growth after putting in such effort.
comforable living
o Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Robinson IlNovember 6, 2013
Pros: insurance
Cons: having to work overtime, sometimes
This job paid $ 20 an hour. My husband and I lived very comfortable. I was taught a lot of things about my job at Dana. The management group was cut in half in 2008, so it was always head to the grind stone. I had a few friends that were in management. You can not trust anyone in a management work place. The hardest part was doing the job of 6 people by yourself. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my sister and her boss.
Manufacturing
Prototype Shop Manager (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYOctober 24, 2013
Loved the technical aspect of this job. Learned and taught mig welding. Started as an assembler on the manufacturing floor and ended as the Prototype Shop Manager. Typical day consisted of morning in plant production meetings and scheduling teleconference, followed by the daily production of the product. I had wonderful workers and co-workers alike.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Lugoff, SCOctober 18, 2013
While working at Dana I had the chance to go an work in China .It was a great experience for me. I loved being able to work hands on with the employees .
I was taught to do machine set-up. This was an opportunity to expand my knowledge of new things.
Set-up Operator (Former Employee), Andrews, INAugust 19, 2013
Pros: enjoyed the small town and was able to buy a home there.i enjoyed the overall experience.
Cons: had a head injury that created problems for me at that time.not an on job problem.
I was able to be in a fast paced environment. It was interesting work. Always something different to do or learn.
Loved Dana fun people and very welcoming
Gasket Maker (Former Employee), Danville KYJuly 11, 2013
Pros: saftey gear there when needed no matter what
Cons: short breaks
I absolutely loved Dana's wonderful place to work currently trying to go back I worked first shift everyone was very helpful in training me and showing me how things were done co workers very friendly. I enjoyed sitting down talking to them to see where we were at with productions and where we should be if we made our numbers . not very comfortably gear but other than that its a great place to work learn and meet fun people and it makes your day go by faster as long as your actually doing your job
Good place to work with great team work
Factory Worker (Former Employee), dryridge ,kyMay 2, 2013
Pros: huge lunch room, nice people good pay
Cons: the overtime sometimes
A typical day would be clocking in before 6A.M, getting your job assignments and your tools you need to do your job.I learned how to read blue prints,how to be and good team player,how to build axles out of parts. using torque guns and other tools.the management was approachable ,friendly,took time to listen to the workers on the floor.the hardest part was the overtime sometimes.the most enjoyable part of the jogs was the people, we were like family
Very productive place to work, with a very nyce break room with nice views.
Diesel & Industrial AssemblyTechnician (Former Employee), Lugoff, SCApril 22, 2013
Pros: job wasn't to far from home. had a great break room with nice views.
Cons: had to work on ah line that constantly moved.
Work was consisted of building axles for different types of equipment. Such as semi trailers and construction equipment. The hole thing was a learning experience because I never did that type of work before. Worked with good team members and management. the hardest part of it was having to work on a line that constantly moved. The best part was working wit a great group of people who cared about you.
My first real process engineering opportunity
Process / Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Marion, INFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: almost everything
Cons: union environment
Great people willing to share their knowledge and experience to help a young engineer grow his skills. Highly enjoyable work force.
Productive workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Stockton, CANovember 14, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
Cleaning parts, Stacking equipment, documenting shipments. Fun, friendly managment and co-workers. Heavy lifting was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part was having something productive to do with my day.