Danaher Employee Reviews

Wasted talent
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 16, 2016
Many opportunities to learn, but very few opportunities to advance. Work/Life balance non-existent. Feel like you are an infidel if you need to work at home, call out sick, apply for FMLA or handle personal family matters. Currently, there are NO managers as all have left for other, more lucrative and appreciative opportunities.

Executive leadership does not follow through on engaging employees or developing them for growth. There is a whole division of employees who are heavily engaged in helping the business leaders implement company strategy, but are completely ignored and continuously unrecognized.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor compensation, no work-life balance
A great place to work with great benefits
Cell Associate / Warehouse Stockroom (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 24, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Danaher Motion, I held a number of positions there, as I worked there for 30+ years. The management created a lean work atmosphere, that challenged us as a team. The hardest part of the job was to make our daily rates. We all pitched in as a team to make our rates, and our work experience enjoyable.
Pros
Great pay, wonderful benefits
Cons
Sometimes we worked a lot of overtime.
great company
International Distribution (Former Employee) –  Ames, IANovember 30, 2016
no sure how things are nowadays but compensation was good, work balance was good, plant director ok, good place to learn lean tools.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great company to apply leadership and management skills
Sr. Director - Product Management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2016
Trains its leadership on "Danaher Business System" principles. Leaders are then expected to drive rigor, build talent that promotes the DBS culture. The result is every employee thinks and solves problems like a scientist. Status quo is constantly questioned and business model continuously strengthened.
Pros
Leadership skills and DBS tools
Cons
Poor work-life balance
Easy customer service for service centers
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 30, 2016
Daily working with customers world wide through emails and some phone calls.

Learned more about end of life management.

Management changed during my time here. Too many changes all at once made things very difficult. No change over time to accommodate changes. Retired too many people all at once with a huge loss in contacts and information.

Co-workers for the most part was easy to work with most of the time.

No collaboration with other areas to stream line processes.

Working with data collection and system conversions.
Pros
Working wit engineering and service centers world wide
Cons
Hours didn't accommodate service centers world wide
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 8, 2016
Good company to work for. Very busy!!
Customer care has expanded many roles and back up many other divisons in the company.
A typical day is answering the phine to customers calling for repairs, returns, or want to place an order.
Data entry for orders, returns, repairs, etc.
Creating UPS labels for returns,
Entering credits.
My coworkers were always friendly and helpful, as was the management team.
The hardest part of my job was the stress of a complaining customer.
The most enjoyable part was being on the morale team and planning team building events for the staff.
I liked working for Danaher.
I enjoyed working for this company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCDecember 8, 2016
It was something different to do daily, from running a machine, to set up a machine, maybe go to a different department and do some type of work, I liked the management, Co-workers was great to work with, the hardest part of the job was learning how to set up and run a grind and stamp machine, the enjoyable part was learning everything that I could in the company and to be able to go to any department to work.
Pros
Learning
Cons
The company went out of business
Young Only
Materials Buyer/Planner II (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJuly 9, 2016
The Danaher company that I worked at was wonderful, pre-Danaher. When Danaher takes over, although tough, the business improvements are definitely good for the business. The people, however, suffer. There is complete lack of concern for long-term employees; people who have no other skill than what they have been doing for 30-40 years. They do not want old people or old "tainted" culture. If you are young and ready to climb a ladder, this is the place for you. Otherwise, steer clear.
Pros
Stable company.
Cons
Danaher/Human Resources lack concern for the "humans".
Danaher was ever changing
Customer Service/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Marengo, ILNovember 4, 2015
The co workers were awesome. The working environment had times of great stress and concern with it ever changing and being a worldwide company. Many good people were let go to maintain the company's profit targets. This was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable was building and repairing products.
Pros
great co workers, good pay and benefits
Cons
lay offs and job eliminations
Danaher Corp
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NCMay 22, 2016
I have worked with Danaher for over 2 years now and have been promoted to 3 positions within a 6 month span. I went from machine operator, to Cybron Production and Scaling, to Quality Assurace Technician. Paying attention to detail and the need to learn more than my assigned postion, I am able to advance in my knowledge and understand how the departments work together to produce the desired outcome of parts and assembly. I enjoy leaning how to make new molds, how to adjust them, and gaining knowledge of what is part does for each customer we produce for. The engineers work closly with me to teach me details of their work, so I may improve constantly on my job in quality. I work closely with management in my daily work schedule where I feel free to make suggestions or offer advice to make operations more organized or improved as well as follow instructions given to me, I work overtime and in the place of those that may need to miss a day.I work weekends when needed and other shifts when needed.
Pros
Working 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 3 days off
Cons
The job is not in my field of study, which is chemistry. The pay is not what was expected of me, as I had experience before joining this company.
prosuctive,& fast pace.
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCNovember 5, 2016
They also gave me insights on the job Description also. Good place to work.I enjoyed working there.Good Benefit's.work sometimes, 7 Days.
Pros
Extra Hours.
Cons
N/A
Outstanding Job Security and Benefits
ACS Senior Advance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaApril 16, 2015
While working at Danaher (Beckman Coulter) I grew as a professional as well as person. My experience at this work place were knowledgeable, and insightful. It accommodated my needs at the time of hire to be able to continue with the family needs that I acquired at that time in my life. The opportunities to grow in my field of employment were always available and I was able to take advantage of the challenges offered where I performed at 100% of my ability. The relationships developed with my co-workers were true and loyal and we learned to work as a team were each of our work reflected the balance of an excellent working environment. I always felt as if it was my second home. The only reason I left was because my family moved to Maryland and I didn't want to continue being alone in Florida.
Pros
Benefits offered, work environment, management
Cons
parking lot lighting, no overtime, carpeting.
production was good,do alot of projects to improve safety and cost
MASTER ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCJuly 6, 2016
management your co-workers,working with good and nice people,the hardest part of the day was trying to work with some people that didnt wont to do their job.
Revolving Door - Stay Away
Senior Manager Talent Acquisition, (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 22, 2016
Hight pressure company that works you 7 days a week 14 hours a day. Set unrealistic expectations. The initial interview are all smoke and mirrors, and change on you after you start.
Horrible place to work at. Not recommendable
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, North CarolinaApril 2, 2015
Danaher has the worst management ever. The management focus more on friendship than business. Favoritism is out of this world. There is definitely no trust with the management team. We cannot even go to our human resource for help. The rules are not for everyone. Certain individuals are definitely excluded. The pay is horrible meaning an individual that has been there for 40 years is making the same thing as individuals that have been there for 3 to 5 years performing the same task. The raises are definitely unfair. How can your grade be the same every year even though you exceeded in mostly everything that was expected, but still receive the same raise year after year? You cannot advance in this place. It is according on who you are. It should be based off of skill, education, and performance, as well as some other qualifications, but race should not be one. Hate to sound cliché, but race is definitely a factor. You do not have to take my word, just visit the facility and do a walk through up front in the office area and decide for yourself.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Fun and top notch
Executive Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 10, 2016
Great! Very professional staff. Team work environment. client focused. Exemplary Client Service and satisfaction integral and non negotiable. Wonderful place to work.
Nice place to work - not
Monkey Trainer (Former Employee) –  Central AfricaJune 1, 2016
Working at Danaher is very frustrating since Priorities are swapped like underwear.

I learned so far that even the most skillfull people can be disabled by mismanagement.
A wonderful place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2016
This job was challenging and i love a good challenge. I found this job very rewarding. The 200 people that reported to me were an absolute pleasure to work with. Together we built a great team and became the top in this facility.
Pros
The people
Cons
nothing
Decent Place To Work
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJune 22, 2016
It was a good place to work and a good company to be involved with the company is associated with Sears and machining making tools.
Fast Paced and Demanding
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 1, 2016
High customer service demand. Most work was done individually without much team work. Required a lot of push demands instead of being able to be proactive. Requires more communication between departments internally. Customer service is required for internal just as much as an external customer. Getting to personally talk with my regular customers in other service centers. Emails and instant messaging doesn't always work for explaining issues.
Pros
Customer contacts in other counties
Cons
Time zone conflicts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Danaher. Our community is ready to answer.