Danaher Employee Reviews in United States

Danaher was ever changing
Customer Service/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Marengo, ILNovember 4, 2015
The co workers were awesome. The working environment had times of great stress and concern with it ever changing and being a worldwide company. Many good people were let go to maintain the company's profit targets. This was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable was building and repairing products.
Pros
great co workers, good pay and benefits
Cons
lay offs and job eliminations
Outstanding Job Security and Benefits
ACS Senior Advance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaApril 16, 2015
While working at Danaher (Beckman Coulter) I grew as a professional as well as person. My experience at this work place were knowledgeable, and insightful. It accommodated my needs at the time of hire to be able to continue with the family needs that I acquired at that time in my life. The opportunities to grow in my field of employment were always available and I was able to take advantage of the challenges offered where I performed at 100% of my ability. The relationships developed with my co-workers were true and loyal and we learned to work as a team were each of our work reflected the balance of an excellent working environment. I always felt as if it was my second home. The only reason I left was because my family moved to Maryland and I didn't want to continue being alone in Florida.
Pros
Benefits offered, work environment, management
Cons
parking lot lighting, no overtime, carpeting.
Horrible place to work at. Not recommendable
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, North CarolinaApril 2, 2015
Danaher has the worst management ever. The management focus more on friendship than business. Favoritism is out of this world. There is definitely no trust with the management team. We cannot even go to our human resource for help. The rules are not for everyone. Certain individuals are definitely excluded. The pay is horrible meaning an individual that has been there for 40 years is making the same thing as individuals that have been there for 3 to 5 years performing the same task. The raises are definitely unfair. How can your grade be the same every year even though you exceeded in mostly everything that was expected, but still receive the same raise year after year? You cannot advance in this place. It is according on who you are. It should be based off of skill, education, and performance, as well as some other qualifications, but race should not be one. Hate to sound cliché, but race is definitely a factor. You do not have to take my word, just visit the facility and do a walk through up front in the office area and decide for yourself.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
High Expectations and Metric Driven
Director, Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 14, 2015
GOOD: This is a great company to learn and develop in. They challenge you daily but allow you to accomplish things that you never thought possible. The people are amazing to work and the teamwork is amazing, even with conflicting metrics.

BAD: They will take everything that you will give which can cause a challenge personally to have a healthy work/life balance. They need to focus more on development conversations and actions instead of daily objectives.
Fast Paced and Demanding
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 1, 2016
High customer service demand. Most work was done individually without much team work. Required a lot of push demands instead of being able to be proactive. Requires more communication between departments internally. Customer service is required for internal just as much as an external customer. Getting to personally talk with my regular customers in other service centers. Emails and instant messaging doesn't always work for explaining issues.
Pros
Customer contacts in other counties
Cons
Time zone conflicts
Danaher Corp
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NCMay 22, 2016
I have worked with Danaher for over 2 years now and have been promoted to 3 positions within a 6 month span. I went from machine operator, to Cybron Production and Scaling, to Quality Assurace Technician. Paying attention to detail and the need to learn more than my assigned postion, I am able to advance in my knowledge and understand how the departments work together to produce the desired outcome of parts and assembly. I enjoy leaning how to make new molds, how to adjust them, and gaining knowledge of what is part does for each customer we produce for. The engineers work closly with me to teach me details of their work, so I may improve constantly on my job in quality. I work closely with management in my daily work schedule where I feel free to make suggestions or offer advice to make operations more organized or improved as well as follow instructions given to me, I work overtime and in the place of those that may need to miss a day.I work weekends when needed and other shifts when needed.
Pros
Working 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 3 days off
Cons
The job is not in my field of study, which is chemistry. The pay is not what was expected of me, as I had experience before joining this company.
Excellent Internship Opportunity
Mechanical Engineering, Quality Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2016
My internship at this location was excellent. The work I was exposed to contained more responsibility and value than any other company I had worked for previously. The work culture was great as well as the work environment.
Fun yet unpredictable and a daily basis
Daytime Supervisor/Server (Former Employee) –  Berkley, MIMarch 9, 2015
I was challenged daily in my duties depending on the absence of staff members...Sometimes I Cooked, sometimes a server. Fortunately our customer base was neighborhood clientele and they were patient. It did improve my abilities as a manager and how to better prioritize situations to still fulfill my goals to increase guest satisfaction and productivity leading to increased sales.
Pros
great salary
Cons
inconsistencies in staff
Good company to work for
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAFebruary 26, 2016
Good company with good products. Ability to learn new technology and challenge yourself. work environment friendly and fun.
Pros
Great employees, Emerging techmology
Cons
Hourly employees watched like a hawk
Regional Manager
NEA, Lebanon and Iraq. S Region Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  CairoNovember 26, 2015
Team leadership
market growth
market development
business development
distribution and channel management
product introduction
launching
finance/collection support
Pros
Speak up
Cons
load of work
Very Productive!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 19, 2016
Although, just an intern, they treated me very well. There was not anything particularly hard about the job, my duties were fairly easy. I enjoyed my years there.
Its OK.
Manufacturing Engineer / Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NCOctober 22, 2015
It beats unemployment I suppose. Not a very good environment for personal or professional growth, but you'll definitely learn how to do for yourself because you'll receive no formal training and the management has no experience with any of the products.
Productive workplace.Very busy environment,
Packer (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCMay 24, 2016
A very busy place to work, I learned a lot about parts and packaging and shipping.Co-works were very friendly and helpful.
A Productive place to work and A wonderful team to work with
assembler (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NCNovember 12, 2015
I really did enjoy working at Danaher Controls the staff are great you learn new things and meet different people everyday I work day shift at Danaher Controls.
Pros
break
Cons
health care
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 1, 2015
Colleagues are always nice to help whatever you need and as an intern, I am always have a lot to learn. I had a great time working there.
Overall, it was a good place to work, but contract ended.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAApril 16, 2015
A typical day at work would start by kitting parts needed to assemble the product my co-workers were working on.

I learned how to assemble each product.

Management was very helpful by putting me in different job positions to help me get a better understanding of the product to serve our customers better.

My co-workers were very helpful in teaching me the order to assemble each product.

There was no hard part to the position I was hired to do.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to assemble each product, how to clean each product to serve our customers needs, and how to build the crates needed for shipping each product.
Pros
Always staying busy.
Great comp, tough place to work
Sr. Global Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 22, 2014
Fellow employees are in general smart and motivated. Management is meddling, micro-managing, and in general does not have a good grasp of how to use organizational talent.
Pros
compensation
Cons
management
All about the money
Associate (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaJune 29, 2014
Danaher's publicly stated #1 goal is to increase free cash so they can buy more companies. To accomplish this, they put all internal financial objectives (A/P, inventory, payroll, etc.) at the top front and center of the list, meaning things like customer service, supplier satisfaction, and employee morale take a way way way distant back seat. For example, at Danaher it's better to be stocked out on a product then to carry the appropriate level of inventory to keep customers delighted. It's better to go on credit hold with suppliers than it is to keep your production lines running. It's better to make the existing workforce work 60 hour weeks than it is to hire the appropriate resources for the job. Wall Street is easily fooled by the numbers, but those who have direct interaction with Danaher (customers, suppliers, and employees) know better. Ironically, it's not the associates at Danaher who get rewarded for the excessive work (keep in mind most are salaried), it's the stockholders of the distressed companies that Danaher buys (and the Danaher executives too, of course). Not even the stockholders of Danaher get a decent reward - the share price hasn't changed much in the last year or so, and only token dividends are paid. Most employees are looking for new jobs and WILL leave as the job market improves.
Pros
none really
Cons
super long hours, no work-life balance, average pay, below average benefits at high cost, only 7 paid holidays, rude leadership
Fast pace and aggressive lean culture
Business Unit Management Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILMay 28, 2015
Very strong culture at danaher and hungry for success. Bring your A game on! Very data driven company with a lot of metrics and discipline.
Pros
Fast advancement opportunities
Cons
not a strong social atmosphere, very aggressive
I enjoyed the work and the environment.
Motor Associate (Former Employee) –  Radford, VASeptember 28, 2015
I helped assemble the motors and get them ready to send to the customer. I enjoyed working with my hands and my co-workers. I was a very enjoyable job.