Danaher Employee Reviews

Easy customer service for service centers
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 30, 2016
Daily working with customers world wide through emails and some phone calls.

Learned more about end of life management.

Management changed during my time here. Too many changes all at once made things very difficult. No change over time to accommodate changes. Retired too many people all at once with a huge loss in contacts and information.

Co-workers for the most part was easy to work with most of the time.

No collaboration with other areas to stream line processes.

Working with data collection and system conversions.
Pros
Working wit engineering and service centers world wide
Cons
Hours didn't accommodate service centers world wide
Great company to apply leadership and management skills
Sr. Director - Product Management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2016
Trains its leadership on "Danaher Business System" principles. Leaders are then expected to drive rigor, build talent that promotes the DBS culture. The result is every employee thinks and solves problems like a scientist. Status quo is constantly questioned and business model continuously strengthened.
Pros
Leadership skills and DBS tools
Cons
Poor work-life balance
Fun and top notch
Executive Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 10, 2016
Great! Very professional staff. Team work environment. client focused. Exemplary Client Service and satisfaction integral and non negotiable. Wonderful place to work.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 8, 2016
Good company to work for. Very busy!!
Customer care has expanded many roles and back up many other divisons in the company.
A typical day is answering the phine to customers calling for repairs, returns, or want to place an order.
Data entry for orders, returns, repairs, etc.
Creating UPS labels for returns,
Entering credits.
My coworkers were always friendly and helpful, as was the management team.
The hardest part of my job was the stress of a complaining customer.
The most enjoyable part was being on the morale team and planning team building events for the staff.
I liked working for Danaher.
Young Only
Materials Buyer/Planner II (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJuly 9, 2016
The Danaher company that I worked at was wonderful, pre-Danaher. When Danaher takes over, although tough, the business improvements are definitely good for the business. The people, however, suffer. There is complete lack of concern for long-term employees; people who have no other skill than what they have been doing for 30-40 years. They do not want old people or old "tainted" culture. If you are young and ready to climb a ladder, this is the place for you. Otherwise, steer clear.
Pros
Stable company.
Cons
Danaher/Human Resources lack concern for the "humans".
production was good,do alot of projects to improve safety and cost
MASTER ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCJuly 6, 2016
management your co-workers,working with good and nice people,the hardest part of the day was trying to work with some people that didnt wont to do their job.
Decent Place To Work
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJune 22, 2016
It was a good place to work and a good company to be involved with the company is associated with Sears and machining making tools.
Wasted talent
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 16, 2016
Many opportunities to learn, but very few opportunities to advance. Work/Life balance non-existent. Feel like you are an infidel if you need to work at home, call out sick, apply for FMLA or handle personal family matters. Currently, there are NO managers as all have left for other, more lucrative and appreciative opportunities.

Executive leadership does not follow through on engaging employees or developing them for growth. There is a whole division of employees who are heavily engaged in helping the business leaders implement company strategy, but are completely ignored and continuously unrecognized.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor compensation, no work-life balance
A wonderful place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2016
This job was challenging and i love a good challenge. I found this job very rewarding. The 200 people that reported to me were an absolute pleasure to work with. Together we built a great team and became the top in this facility.
Pros
The people
Cons
nothing
Productive and nice working inviroment
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJune 5, 2016
Most days I would just go in and just get right in to working, Everyone was really nice and approachable never any problems in the workplace.
Nice place to work - not
Monkey Trainer (Former Employee) –  Central AfricaJune 1, 2016
Working at Danaher is very frustrating since Priorities are swapped like underwear.

I learned so far that even the most skillfull people can be disabled by mismanagement.
Productive workplace.Very busy environment,
Packer (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCMay 24, 2016
A very busy place to work, I learned a lot about parts and packaging and shipping.Co-works were very friendly and helpful.
Danaher Corp
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NCMay 22, 2016
I have worked with Danaher for over 2 years now and have been promoted to 3 positions within a 6 month span. I went from machine operator, to Cybron Production and Scaling, to Quality Assurace Technician. Paying attention to detail and the need to learn more than my assigned postion, I am able to advance in my knowledge and understand how the departments work together to produce the desired outcome of parts and assembly. I enjoy leaning how to make new molds, how to adjust them, and gaining knowledge of what is part does for each customer we produce for. The engineers work closly with me to teach me details of their work, so I may improve constantly on my job in quality. I work closely with management in my daily work schedule where I feel free to make suggestions or offer advice to make operations more organized or improved as well as follow instructions given to me, I work overtime and in the place of those that may need to miss a day.I work weekends when needed and other shifts when needed.
Pros
Working 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 3 days off
Cons
The job is not in my field of study, which is chemistry. The pay is not what was expected of me, as I had experience before joining this company.
Very Productive!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 19, 2016
Although, just an intern, they treated me very well. There was not anything particularly hard about the job, my duties were fairly easy. I enjoyed my years there.
Fast Paced and Demanding
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 1, 2016
High customer service demand. Most work was done individually without much team work. Required a lot of push demands instead of being able to be proactive. Requires more communication between departments internally. Customer service is required for internal just as much as an external customer. Getting to personally talk with my regular customers in other service centers. Emails and instant messaging doesn't always work for explaining issues.
Pros
Customer contacts in other counties
Cons
Time zone conflicts
Good company to work for
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAFebruary 26, 2016
Good company with good products. Ability to learn new technology and challenge yourself. work environment friendly and fun.
Pros
Great employees, Emerging techmology
Cons
Hourly employees watched like a hawk
Excellent Internship Opportunity
Mechanical Engineering, Quality Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2016
My internship at this location was excellent. The work I was exposed to contained more responsibility and value than any other company I had worked for previously. The work culture was great as well as the work environment.
High Expectations and Metric Driven
Director, Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 14, 2015
GOOD: This is a great company to learn and develop in. They challenge you daily but allow you to accomplish things that you never thought possible. The people are amazing to work and the teamwork is amazing, even with conflicting metrics.

BAD: They will take everything that you will give which can cause a challenge personally to have a healthy work/life balance. They need to focus more on development conversations and actions instead of daily objectives.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 1, 2015
Colleagues are always nice to help whatever you need and as an intern, I am always have a lot to learn. I had a great time working there.
Regional Manager
NEA, Lebanon and Iraq. S Region Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  CairoNovember 26, 2015
Team leadership
market growth
market development
business development
distribution and channel management
product introduction
launching
finance/collection support
Pros
Speak up
Cons
load of work