Danaher Employee Reviews

friendly people
Packer (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMarch 17, 2017
That job was my second job. It was great was a great job and people can grow in that company.IT was a easy job but they are not open anymore.The management was good.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
pay good
Was team leader for my shift enjoyed the people I work with
Injection Molding Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NCJanuary 9, 2017
I was a team leader for my shift I fixed and keep machines running and learn to set up hot foil stamping machines to print numbers. and working with different kinds of plastics.
No advancement through temp service
Assembly Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NCJanuary 8, 2017
It was okay to work there but working in a temp agency for over 3 years was not understood. No advancement under those circumstances I would have loved to still have been there.
Well this is one of the dirtest jobs i have work for.but the people that i worked with was great
class 3 maintenance (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 3, 2017
I started out working in a cell an then they put me thru a class to become a cell leader. Then I went to NTI for industrial maintenance where I got a diploma which got me a job in maintenance.
Pros
Was i got a diploma that didnt cost me anything.
Cons
Was a really dirty place to work u go in white an come out black.
Professional workplace with supportive atmosphere
Data Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCDecember 12, 2016
Danaher provides a highly flexible work environment for employees, with lots of open spaces for employees to work from, rather than confining them to one office space. Overall, it was a good experience.
Pros
Catered lunches, teleworking supported
Cons
Dress code could be more relaxed
I enjoyed working for this company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCDecember 8, 2016
It was something different to do daily, from running a machine, to set up a machine, maybe go to a different department and do some type of work, I liked the management, Co-workers was great to work with, the hardest part of the job was learning how to set up and run a grind and stamp machine, the enjoyable part was learning everything that I could in the company and to be able to go to any department to work.
Pros
Learning
Cons
The company went out of business
great company
International Distribution (Former Employee) –  Ames, IANovember 30, 2016
no sure how things are nowadays but compensation was good, work balance was good, plant director ok, good place to learn lean tools.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Revolving Door - Stay Away
Senior Manager Talent Acquisition, (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 22, 2016
Hight pressure company that works you 7 days a week 14 hours a day. Set unrealistic expectations. The initial interview are all smoke and mirrors, and change on you after you start.
How was work place
Truck Driver and warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCNovember 5, 2016
Work there was like anywhere else,you do your job everything goes fine.I worked in many areas in plant, we made craftsman tools and packed them to be shipped to sears and other places.Their was a lot of good people working there and miss seeing them every day.The hardest part of the day was when four or five trucks came in at same time to be loaded, it was like none stop and some times overtime.
Pros
We had a lot of cook outsand tool sales for employs
Cons
short breaks and when someone lays out you really workhard
prosuctive,& fast pace.
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCNovember 5, 2016
They also gave me insights on the job Description also. Good place to work.I enjoyed working there.Good Benefit's.work sometimes, 7 Days.
Pros
Extra Hours.
Cons
N/A
A great place to work with great benefits
Cell Associate / Warehouse Stockroom (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 24, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Danaher Motion, I held a number of positions there, as I worked there for 30+ years. The management created a lean work atmosphere, that challenged us as a team. The hardest part of the job was to make our daily rates. We all pitched in as a team to make our rates, and our work experience enjoyable.
Pros
Great pay, wonderful benefits
Cons
Sometimes we worked a lot of overtime.
Easy customer service for service centers
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 30, 2016
Daily working with customers world wide through emails and some phone calls.

Learned more about end of life management.

Management changed during my time here. Too many changes all at once made things very difficult. No change over time to accommodate changes. Retired too many people all at once with a huge loss in contacts and information.

Co-workers for the most part was easy to work with most of the time.

No collaboration with other areas to stream line processes.

Working with data collection and system conversions.
Pros
Working wit engineering and service centers world wide
Cons
Hours didn't accommodate service centers world wide
Great company to apply leadership and management skills
Sr. Director - Product Management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2016
Trains its leadership on "Danaher Business System" principles. Leaders are then expected to drive rigor, build talent that promotes the DBS culture. The result is every employee thinks and solves problems like a scientist. Status quo is constantly questioned and business model continuously strengthened.
Pros
Leadership skills and DBS tools
Cons
Poor work-life balance
Fun and top notch
Executive Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 10, 2016
Great! Very professional staff. Team work environment. client focused. Exemplary Client Service and satisfaction integral and non negotiable. Wonderful place to work.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 8, 2016
Good company to work for. Very busy!!
Customer care has expanded many roles and back up many other divisons in the company.
A typical day is answering the phine to customers calling for repairs, returns, or want to place an order.
Data entry for orders, returns, repairs, etc.
Creating UPS labels for returns,
Entering credits.
My coworkers were always friendly and helpful, as was the management team.
The hardest part of my job was the stress of a complaining customer.
The most enjoyable part was being on the morale team and planning team building events for the staff.
I liked working for Danaher.
Young Only
Materials Buyer/Planner II (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJuly 9, 2016
The Danaher company that I worked at was wonderful, pre-Danaher. When Danaher takes over, although tough, the business improvements are definitely good for the business. The people, however, suffer. There is complete lack of concern for long-term employees; people who have no other skill than what they have been doing for 30-40 years. They do not want old people or old "tainted" culture. If you are young and ready to climb a ladder, this is the place for you. Otherwise, steer clear.
Pros
Stable company.
Cons
Danaher/Human Resources lack concern for the "humans".
production was good,do alot of projects to improve safety and cost
MASTER ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCJuly 6, 2016
management your co-workers,working with good and nice people,the hardest part of the day was trying to work with some people that didnt wont to do their job.
Decent Place To Work
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJune 22, 2016
It was a good place to work and a good company to be involved with the company is associated with Sears and machining making tools.
Wasted talent
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 16, 2016
Many opportunities to learn, but very few opportunities to advance. Work/Life balance non-existent. Feel like you are an infidel if you need to work at home, call out sick, apply for FMLA or handle personal family matters. Currently, there are NO managers as all have left for other, more lucrative and appreciative opportunities.

Executive leadership does not follow through on engaging employees or developing them for growth. There is a whole division of employees who are heavily engaged in helping the business leaders implement company strategy, but are completely ignored and continuously unrecognized.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor compensation, no work-life balance
A wonderful place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2016
This job was challenging and i love a good challenge. I found this job very rewarding. The 200 people that reported to me were an absolute pleasure to work with. Together we built a great team and became the top in this facility.
Pros
The people
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Danaher. Our community is ready to answer.