Danaher Employee Reviews

Sweatshop
Vice President - Tax (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 10, 2017
Culture of squeezing employees and costs to make the numbers. Creates tremendous pressure and stress on employees to save pennies leading to burnout and low morale.
Pros
always make the numbers
Cons
always make the numbers
Company Closed
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AROctober 10, 2017
Maintained OSHA compliance and reporting, improved and directed accident investigation / prevention system and conducted audits and safety training. Led employee Safety Committee and served on Corporate Safety Committee.
typical day at work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHSeptember 21, 2017
the hardest part of being an general laborer at danaher was trying to learn how be a machinist. They are endless possibilities of advancing in the company
They don't have any games to play
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NCSeptember 16, 2017
It is a place where they want you to work even if the product is not built to standers They rush the workers put to much work on one person.The workers are way under paid.
great face paced and a good learning culture
Product Manager (MBA Intern) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 29, 2017
nice place to learn. great working culture and nice colleagues. great management. Hardest part is you are expected to fit into the culture immediately while the fun of learning new things everyday was the best part of the job
Pros
continious learning environment
i would not work here
Credit & Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 29, 2017
hostile environment, too much expectations that are unrealistic goals are hard to achieve, some management has no interpersonal skills so makes it hard to motivate
Great people to work with
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLAugust 19, 2017
I like my job very much but my manager won’t let me move up. He would not want to lose me to another VSL. This seems to be the norm for other leaders, they hold back the top workers.
Workplace at Danaher Controls
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NCAugust 14, 2017
At Danaher we worked very hard trying to get products made in order to make our rates. We stood all day on our shifts in pretty much one spot which took some getting use to. We had 3 breaks throughout an eight hour shift. Two were fifteen minute breaks and our lunch break was thirty minutes. Working there is not hard work, but the labor takes much energy and time from workers
Applicant beware.
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYAugust 2, 2017
I worked countless hours of overtime before and after there switching from paper to all digital. And all it got me was more taxes i had to pay and my miniumal bonus. If you plan on working here know you can never be sick or late . Vacation requests are going to be based on time with the company and for new employees are very limited on dates and prorated. The benefits are expenses and are very basic with alot of employee out of pocket expenses. If you have a family or enjoy time with them then this is not the place for you.
Cons
Taxes for everything given as a bonus or incentive, high health care costs, hard time getting vacation requests. Poor work/life balance
Fun Place to work
Senior Manager, Assay Development (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJuly 19, 2017
Danaher is a fun place to work and there is a lot to learn at Danaher because of its DBS system. One can grow professionally in the technical track or management track. Or even the DBS track.
Too much work and not enough pay
Production Worker/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJune 29, 2017
The job was people friendly but they did not pay enough for all the work that was put in. It felt as if they only used the temp workers to get their parts up but as soon as they had enough parts they would lay off again; causing people to have to struggle to find work.
Company is no longer in business
Technician (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 25, 2017
Company is no longer in business. They merged with another company in 2004, closing most of the other company's facilities. Then they closed the company I worked for in 2007
Good place to grow your career
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNJune 25, 2017
Its been good work culture ,friendly atmosphere to understand work flow in different department, Always help to enhance your skill sets in different Beckman products.
Fast paced
QE & Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NCJune 13, 2017
Was changing constantly. Fast paced environment with high mythology to ship product out the door. Management was constantly changing with varying degrees of competency. Did supply team spirit
good place
Team Leader over Shipping and receiving (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 11, 2017
Fun place to work and great opportunities, I learned the whole warehouse. Always great opportunities, alot of overtime. They moved away. If they came back i would work for them again.
Ok Culture, great internship
Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2017
I did an internship there and learned a lot. The company is a strong advocate of LEAN principles and SIGMA fundamentals. Lots of great people there, and well compensated.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Upper Management
Very good place to work with advancement opportunities.
Kollmorgen Corp/Danaher/L-3 - Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAMay 6, 2017
Great place to work. Located in Northampton, MA in a new state of the art facility. Work conditions were comfortable and the people for the most part were very friendly and helpful.
Nice place to work.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHMay 1, 2017
Nice place to work. I was able to show that I had skills in testing equipment and with working with customers. They mostly did troubleshooting. I liked how they treated us technicians, and how they treated their customers.
friendly people
Packer (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMarch 17, 2017
That job was my second job. It was great was a great job and people can grow in that company.IT was a easy job but they are not open anymore.The management was good.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
pay good
Was team leader for my shift enjoyed the people I work with
Injection Molding Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NCJanuary 9, 2017
I was a team leader for my shift I fixed and keep machines running and learn to set up hot foil stamping machines to print numbers. and working with different kinds of plastics.