Danaher Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
General Machinist (Former Employee), NCMay 19, 2015
Pros: Good place to work
Cons: Management problems
Met a lot of people.
A typical day started with making CNC fixtures and repairing them.
Making fixtures.
Programing them.
Good place to work ,but had 5 different bosses in 5.5 years.
Overall, it was a good place to work, but contract ended.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Westborough, MAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Always staying busy.
A typical day at work would start by kitting parts needed to assemble the product my co-workers were working on.

I learned how to assemble each product.

Management was very helpful by putting me in different job positions to help me get a better understanding of the product to serve our customers better.

My co-workers were very helpful in teaching me the order to assemble each product.

There was no hard part to the position I was hired to do.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to assemble each product, how to clean each product to serve our customers needs, and how to build the crates needed for shipping each product.
Outstanding Job Security and Benefits
ACS Senior Advance Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FloridaApril 16, 2015
Pros: Benefits offered, work environment, management
Cons: parking lot lighting, no overtime, carpeting.
While working at Danaher (Beckman Coulter) I grew as a professional as well as person. My experience at this work place were knowledgeable, and insightful. It accommodated my needs at the time of hire to be able to continue with the family needs that I acquired at that time in my life. The opportunities to grow in my field of employment were always available and I was able to take advantage of the challenges offered where I performed at 100% of my ability. The relationships developed with my co-workers were true and loyal and we learned to work as a team were each of our work reflected the balance of an excellent working environment. I always felt as if it was my second home. The only reason I left was because my family moved to Maryland and I didn't want to continue being alone in Florida.
Horrible place to work at. Not recommendable
Assembler (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, North CarolinaApril 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Everything else
Danaher has the worst management ever. The management focus more on friendship than business. Favoritism is out of this world. There is definitely no trust with the management team. We cannot even go to our human resource for help. The rules are not for everyone. Certain individuals are definitely excluded. The pay is horrible meaning an individual that has been there for 40 years is making the same thing as individuals that have been there for 3 to 5 years performing the same task. The raises are definitely unfair. How can your grade be the same every year even though you exceeded in mostly everything that was expected, but still receive the same raise year after year? You cannot advance in this place. It is according on who you are. It should be based off of skill, education, and performance, as well as some other qualifications, but race should not be one. Hate to sound cliché, but race is definitely a factor. You do not have to take my word, just visit the facility and do a walk through up front in the office area and decide for yourself.
Productive and fun workplace
Manager, Financial Systems (Current Employee), Orange, CAMarch 12, 2015
Fun in the workplace can significantly improve retention, happiness, talent quality, and even productivity. Under the right circumstances, a fun work environment can benefit both your organization and employees in a number of ways. The rewards are great enough that each and every organization should be compelled to at least consider it as an option.
Good Company
Logistics/Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCOctober 28, 2014
I was disappointed when this company shut down in Gastonia. This was an excellent group of individuals to work with. A lot of experience and knowledge was gained here regarding project planning.
All about the money
Associate (Current Employee), Southern CaliforniaJune 29, 2014
Pros: none really
Cons: super long hours, no work-life balance, average pay, below average benefits at high cost, only 7 paid holidays, rude leadership
Danaher's publicly stated #1 goal is to increase free cash so they can buy more companies. To accomplish this, they put all internal financial objectives (A/P, inventory, payroll, etc.) at the top front and center of the list, meaning things like customer service, supplier satisfaction, and employee morale take a way way way distant back seat. For example, at Danaher it's better to be stocked out on a product then to carry the appropriate level of inventory to keep customers delighted. It's better to go on credit hold with suppliers than it is to keep your production lines running. It's better to make the existing workforce work 60 hour weeks than it is to hire the appropriate resources for the job. Wall Street is easily fooled by the numbers, but those who have direct interaction with Danaher (customers, suppliers, and employees) know better. Ironically, it's not the associates at Danaher who get rewarded for the excessive work (keep in mind most are salaried), it's the stockholders of the distressed companies that Danaher buys (and the Danaher executives too, of course). Not even the stockholders of Danaher get a decent reward - the share price hasn't changed much in the last year or so, and only token dividends are paid. Most employees are looking for new jobs and WILL leave as the job market improves.
Global Organization with Local Thinking
Human Resources Manager/Strategic Business Partner (Former Employee), Brea, CAJune 2, 2014
As a large conglomerate it can feel as though you are lost in the fray, but the company does a fantastic job of focusing on its employees and ensuring their voice is heard.
The people who work there are truly what make it a great place to work and the company does well to promote from within.
Great company to work if interested in cross disciplinary teams
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee), Brea, CAMay 22, 2014
Exemplary coworkers and attitude, management is decent, work is challenging and there is job satisfaction.
Fun place to work at
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Orange County, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Relaxed environment - Friendly Co-Workers - Potential for growth - Okay benefits but could be better -
a lot of energey, team work
Shipping/Receiving Lead (Former Employee), Middleton, WISeptember 4, 2013
Pros: christmas party, and the traveling to baseball games.
Cons: short lunch..
releasing orders and following a process ,,shipping & receiving , cycle count , and answering calls from customer services , and sales person,, learned , SAP software, and management scale, and resolve all daily problems,with a great crew,,who I coached ,,
Hardest part is when we are busy day with short crew,,we managed a hot orders first,,in mean time we enjoyed the job when we finished all orders , and satisfaction of our customers,
Production Enviroment
Operator (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, NCAugust 13, 2013
Most enjoyable part is working on my machine. Management was wonderful.
Excellent Data/Results Driven Company
Various Positions (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILJuly 10, 2013
Working there was a great experience. The Danaher Production System and continuous improvement culture is world class.
Challenging work environment with lots of learning opportunities
HR Generalist (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTMay 25, 2013
Pros: lots of learning opportunities.
Cons: little work- life balance.
Focused on continuous improvement - always pushed to find ways to perform better by working smarter rather than harder.
Great people & great processes in place.
Challenging & enjoyable work.
Not a fun place
Credit &Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 1, 2013
Pros: pay check
Cons: work environment
This is not a good place to be . no life/work balance. managers are rude. it`s always about the numbers. no opportunities for growth as well. stay away
Good company, poor culture
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 19, 2013
Good company to work for. The culture really is poor though. Little or nothing done to engage the employees. It is a demanding culture though.
On request
Vice President of Life Science Division (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: on request
Cons: on request
More upon request - Very fast pased high change environment focused on stretch managment and targeting.
Startup purchased by large holding company
Regional Sales Manager, Great Lakes (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2012
Pros: too soon to tell, process is only 6 months old.
Cons: too soon to tell, process is only 6 months old
When a 200 person company is folded into a 50,000 person company there are many changes to the culture and the people who work for the smaller company.
They still owe me money!
Technical Scientist (Former Employee), MiamiNovember 2, 2012
Danaher/Beckman Coulter still owes me a lot of money for past expenses paid. Has not yet reimbursed me for months! This is even after years of dedication to the company. Is this how they treat employees?