Danbury Hospital Employee Reviews

5stars
SURGICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  CTDecember 28, 2017
Great place to work love the staff and managment everyone always works as a team in this fast pace facility. I would definitely recommend Danbury Hosptial to anyone looking for a long term career.
It is alright to work for.
Interim Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 18, 2017
It was ok to work there in their rehabilitation department. It was very busy, It is a walk in facility so you meet everyone and get to know more about them as they learn more about you.
supportive staff
Coordinator, Outpatient Pulmonary Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 14, 2017
Supportive staff and low level management although upper level management seems out of touch with actual work requirements and expectations. Autonomous work ethic is encouraged.
Pros
supportive co-workers
Cons
upper level management barriers to accomplishing goals
Great place to work and team environment in the ED
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 13, 2017
ED staff is great, fast paced but supportive team environment. I loved the experience I have gained and the additional skills such as IV and port access.
Danbury Hospital is a learning hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 7, 2017
You never have the same day twice at danbury hospital! Some days are better than others and some days you wonder if you can effectively complete your job. Working in a hospital has it pros and cons just as any other job but the experience is worth it. Even through the most difficult of days you can usually rely on staff to assist you in any way. If you like to move fast and you're a fast learner, I'd recommend this job!
overworked/short staffed
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 23, 2017
Understaffed a majority of the time and yearly review is based on additional time you can put into work life-meetings and committees. Medical insurance benefits are ok as long as you stay within the network. Prescription benefits have gotten worse. Salary/hourly rate are great, especially if you pick up extra hours with understaffing. Stressful environment to work when understaffed. Co-workers make it better to work with looking out for each other. Paid time off is based on control hours/years, which are fair. Management try to do the best they can, but a lot is out of control especially when understaffed. Co-workers for the majority look out for each other, trying to make the work environment a little more at ease.
Great unit to work
Staff R.N-Orthopedic (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 22, 2017
The unit I am currently working is great, everyone, RN, PA, PT/OT works well as a team. On the busy OR days, usually Monday to Thursdays, we will have 12-15 post op cases a day. Off shift RNs will come in for extra to help out. Our hard work is well appreciated by the patients and their families.
peacful workplace with strong team work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 13, 2017
Friendly, available to learning new things , challenging and opportunity for career advancement.It was very team oriented and focused on delivering real measurable results while still maintaining a friendly and respectful work environment .
productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 6, 2017
Enjoyed the environment, working with co-workers, team work, daily work flow was smooth, loved the connection we had with the patients, I learn a great deal of EMR training, scheduling, referrals, ordering testing, lab tests,
Pros
training
Cons
more hours/pay
not enough schedulers to be successful with meeting patient requests
Scheduler A (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 25, 2017
1. high volume check in/registration of patients
2. I have learned that our patients need us to get better
3. My Manager is very focused on budget statistics
4. My business coordinator brings morale down-she is extremely moody and does play favoritism amongst employees
5. Not being able to accommodate a patient with a timely evaluation based on our clinical schedules
6. My customers that I meet and greet everyday!
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Low employee morale
Worst Place Ever
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 14, 2017
What can i say, its a corporation not a caring hospital, at the end of the day they only care about the bottom line and that's money, Managers are a joke with no college experience, basically somebody gave them a power position and they take it to their head thinking they are untouchable, hospital is outsourcing jobs and making the hospital private. employees will screw each other over for positions and favoritism, management will do anything to get rid of employees who they dislike ans that includes making up stories and pressuring people into writing fake claims against employees. overall i am disappointed with this corporations way of handling people, patients and employees,
Large medical facility with multitude of departments, world of opportunity
EMERGENCY ROOM PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 14, 2017
Great place to work, opportunity for learning, advancing. The hospital continues to grow by obtaining new locations, which can open the door for additional choices of interest.
Pros
salary and benefits good
Cons
may be a little difficult to get in
Productive, fun, respect, great team player
Patient Care Technician Level II (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 2, 2017
WCHN is committed to maintaining a skilled and motivated workforce through best-practice programs, including competitive pay, innovative benefits, and professional and personal development opportunities,
Pros
Great
Great Place to work. I learned a lot working here
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 31, 2017
Working at Danbury Hospital has expanded my knowledge of working in the healthcare field. I am currently in school to become a Nurse and Danbury Hospital has helped me grow into a well rounded C.N.A. My team and Managers are amazing!
Pros
Experience, knowledge, hands on training
Cons
Too Far away from where I currently live
Dhs
Cardiac Rehabilitation Intern (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 24, 2017
Its lovely to work in an environment that cares so much for its patients and clientele. The only thing that occurred at Danbury Hopsital was my internship where I spent 9 months. I currently work and get paid as a personal trainer at Work Out World in West Hartford
Danbury is a great place to work
ICU, Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  icuJuly 19, 2017
I like working at Danbury very much, I just need t make more money and therefore need to move on and look for other avenues to work. I have never had any issue with the hospital.
Pros
Enviroment
Cons
pay
Good Palce to work
Support Service Specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2017
Learned a lot at this job in a short period. Staffing is a very stressful job but if approached properly with the right training it would be a breeze.
Danbury Hospital
IT PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 18, 2017
The Hospital has been around for many years. I worked with some nice people. It has since merged so the culture may have changed. It is a tough place to commute too.
Great staff
Danbury Visiting Nurse (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 6, 2017
Loved working for DVN. Loved the staff and the clients. Very flexible schedule. Great job if you like to work independently . Great pay and staff are treated with respect.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Scheduling visits with family.
Rn
RN (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 22, 2017
Currently work as a RN at Danbury hospital and my experience has been wonderful. This hospital provides great opportunity for growth and development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Danbury Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Danbury Hospital Reviews by Location