Danbury Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work with awesome pay and benifits
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 1, 2016
Very generous pay and benefits package. Flexible scheduling including options for 8 or 12 hr shifts. The culture of management leaves something to be desired, but job security is never a question.
Pros
Bonuses for picking up shifts, free onsite parking, coffee cart comes through units on day shifts
Cons
Workload can be demanding at times, management doesn't ensure coverage for breaks and often staff don't get one.
as a phlebotomist 2
Phlebotomist 2 (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CT 06810June 18, 2016
DH is a wonderful place to work, it is a learning hospital and provides on the job training, I learned a lot working there most of all compassion for others.A typical day will start by going to the test center and finding out where you will be for the day it could be in house or at one of our satellite locations. sometimes while you are on the floors you can come across a patient who is very sick and is a hard draw, so you time may be comprimised,, but that when you will call or another team worker to come and assist you, One of the most enjoyable part of my job was when I could just be an ear to those who just needed someone to listen, for they feel alone and scared.I truly enjoy working in the medical field and hope to continue.
Terrible Management and Poor work environment
Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 8, 2016
This place has gone from horrible to I'm ashamed to say I work here.
The management is completely clueless and only care about what is the best way I can get my bonus.
Problems are over looked and patient care standards are terrible due to understaffing.
If your looking for a job look elsewhere!
benefits
Cons
management, no work life balance
Fall 2015 clinical rotation
Student (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 5, 2016
I had the pleasure of doing my Fall 2015 clinical ICU rotaion at Danubry Hospital while I was attending NVCC for respiratory care.
upcoming medical hub for specialty care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 3, 2016
Locally based providers servicing those who live amongst the community. Facility will be among the most desired healthcare facilities in the years to come if it has not already achieved such a pedigree.
Great work environment
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 27, 2016
Danbury Hospital is a fast paced working environment with a friendly, professional staff. Co-workers were all timely, hard working and courteous. The hardest part of the job, yet most valuable, is working in the Emergency Department. I also enjoy working in the Emergency department because you always have work to do and the nurses and doctors are incredibly great people.
Financial Climate
Nursing Administration (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 4, 2016
This was a wonderful place to work and I enjoyed it very much. While I was not afforded the opportunity to get Tution Reimbursement I was able to complete my Bachelors degree and working on my Masters in Nursing...this gave me an opportunity to move away form direct patient care to an administrative role. However this financial climate and state cuts has left me and many others looking to stay afloat in the health care industry.
Pros
compensation
Cons
job uncertainty
productive
Certified Nurses Aide (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 25, 2016
productive with opportunity to grow, wonderful management group and very nice place to work. enjoyable place to work and grow in the profession
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
extra hours
WCMG is a wolf in sheep's clothing!
Coder (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 23, 2016
WCMG is NOT what it appears to be. Was a coding sweatshop- no one took a break except to use the restroom. Punched out for lunch and continued to code so they could maintain quota. Some colleagues acted like they wanted to help me but when I tried to work in my own way went to supervisor for a closed door meeting. Next day supervisor (who never had problem with the way I worked out my coding info.) is suddenly asking me to do it the EXACT way other coder wanted. That coupled with the head of dept. telling me 2 wks in I looked,"unhappy" and they," had plenty of other applicants they could have chosen. " I could not believe it! Careful what you wish for - benefits etc. are not worth the stress. Immediate supervisor was nice for the record.
Benefits
Cons
No breaks, although told you are allowed one 15 min., building smelled of mold, and was freezing, People were pleasant sans certain ones, VERY stressful.
Stressful work environment
PCT (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 22, 2016
I worked in Danbury ER for over three years, a normal day would be checking my rooms and the equipment and drawers and filling what is missing. for ex: bandages, gauze, IV needles, IV bags.
Treat patients as they come into the ER either by ambulance or walk- in. Take the first set of vital signs, transport patients to other parts of the hospital. Be part of trauma team, and help doctors and nurses during this stressful time.
Pros
Good experience, learned a lot
"The workplace of choice..."
Registered Nurse PACU (Current Employee) –  PACUApril 20, 2016
Danbury hospital, now known as Western CT Health Network has provided me with such diversity and learning opportunities in Nursing. The hospital has been to adjust my schedule to accommodate personal needs and I have enjoyed working there. I am on disability for lifting precautions, but have been cleared to return to work with restrictions. I am looking forward to reentering the workforce as I consider my skills and experience an asset to other hospitals or healthcare settings.
Very nice place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 12, 2015
Very nice place to work for i have no complaints about this place other staff are very nice and helpful management are very caring and willing to work with whatever you need
Pros
free lunch
Cons
need more staff
fast paced and understaffed
Multi specialist assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 5, 2015
Parking is an issue for the patients. I feel they have to walk too far to some of the units. The new five floor building was not set up right, and they did not ask for clinical input from the people that work on the floors. They make decisions without input from the staff.
Pros
big hospital
Cons
parking
Horrible place to work
Operating Room RN (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 13, 2015
Management really needs to be updated and the staff is to home grown so no one is receptive to any change. Years behind other hospitals and staff morale is down. Tons of favoritism and bitter employees. Horrible working environment
Pros
Pays well
Dietary Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Danbury CTAugust 17, 2015
A productive and enjoy place to work. able to find a lot of good stuff and job employment. best place to go ahead ad try to provide a better future for others, by giving them the opportunity to a better life.
I love that the fact that I work independently
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 7, 2015
Working with this company has helped me gain more experience in the medical. I had the opportunity to work in a out-patient setting prior to working for Danbury Hospital. Now that I'm working in a in-patient setting I gotten familiar with patient. So get a bond with some the patients you see on a day to day basis. Working in the healthcare field you have to be compassionate & sensitive to the patient needs & I for one have definitely grown & matured to understanding that. I love seeing my patients smile.
Productive and friendly environment to work in
Volunteer Service (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 3, 2015
Volunteering at Danbury Hospital was a great experience. It allowed me to observe and learn what it would be like to work for an employer. The staff there were friendly and always willing to help. It taught me how to perform efficiently and complete my tasks on time. Overall, it was a fun and satisfying experience.
I love what I do.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 20, 2015
I enjoy working in healthcare, I love helping others, I enjoy the fast paced environment and am a team player. Everyone has bad days but I believe that you need to go to work with a positive attitude and leave home at home because it is not the fault of your patients or co-workers and they should always be greeted with a friendly smile.
I enjoyed working for Danbury Hospital
Medical Secretary B (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 17, 2015
my typical day at work was opening the clinic, setting up for the day. I would register and set up charts, answering phone messages and scheduling as clinic goes. I would go and translate for the Nurse/Doctor. I would call referrals and set up appointments.

I learned a little about insurance. I also learned to keep stats for clinics and payroll request. meet email deadlines.

Hardest part of my Job was to learn the new programs as I go, the nurse was behind a few months so learning and completing task at the same time was a little difficult but as time went I was ok.

The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with my coworkers because I would work independently with a nurse and barley see them. we would all get together right before the holidays and have a big potluck and give each other gifts and talk for at least an hour.
Pros
learning new task
Cons
winter was harsh and driving into work was a little difficult during that time
A fun yet challenging place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 7, 2015
My responsibilities were to complete indoor and outdoor security checks as well as deal with and diffuse dysfunctional behavior of mentally ill and intoxicated people.

Danbury Hospital Reviews by Location