Danbury Hospital Employee Reviews

I love that the fact that I work independently
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Danbury, CTAugust 7, 2015
Working with this company has helped me gain more experience in the medical. I had the opportunity to work in a out-patient setting prior to working for Danbury Hospital. Now that I'm working in a in-patient setting I gotten familiar with patient. So get a bond with some the patients you see on a day to day basis. Working in the healthcare field you have to be compassionate & sensitive to the patient needs & I for one have definitely grown & matured to understanding that. I love seeing my patients smile.
Productive and friendly environment to work in
Volunteer Service (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJune 3, 2015
Volunteering at Danbury Hospital was a great experience. It allowed me to observe and learn what it would be like to work for an employer. The staff there were friendly and always willing to help. It taught me how to perform efficiently and complete my tasks on time. Overall, it was a fun and satisfying experience.
I love what I do.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Danbury, CTMay 20, 2015
I enjoy working in healthcare, I love helping others, I enjoy the fast paced environment and am a team player. Everyone has bad days but I believe that you need to go to work with a positive attitude and leave home at home because it is not the fault of your patients or co-workers and they should always be greeted with a friendly smile.
I enjoyed working for Danbury Hospital
Medical Secretary B (Former Employee), Danbury, CTMarch 17, 2015
Pros: learning new task
Cons: winter was harsh and driving into work was a little difficult during that time
my typical day at work was opening the clinic, setting up for the day. I would register and set up charts, answering phone messages and scheduling as clinic goes. I would go and translate for the Nurse/Doctor. I would call referrals and set up appointments.

I learned a little about insurance. I also learned to keep stats for clinics and payroll request. meet email deadlines.

Hardest part of my Job was to learn the new programs as I go, the nurse was behind a few months so learning and completing task at the same time was a little difficult but as time went I was ok.

The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with my coworkers because I would work independently with a nurse and barley see them. we would all get together right before the holidays and have a big potluck and give each other gifts and talk for at least an hour.
A fun yet challenging place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Danbury, CTMarch 7, 2015
My responsibilities were to complete indoor and outdoor security checks as well as deal with and diffuse dysfunctional behavior of mentally ill and intoxicated people.
Great work place
Release of Information Specialist (Current Employee), Danbury CT 06811March 3, 2015
Excellent work place! Learned a lot about customer sevice. People are great and great working envirnment! The work envirnment is very welcoming
Great company to work for
Night Liaison (Former Employee), Danbury CTMarch 1, 2015
Working under the radiologist directing calls and helping in the department. Learned about the radiology department as well as multi tasking in the department.
Professional Experience and Great benefits
SUPERVISOR MAINTENANCE (Former Employee), Danbury, CTFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits and professionalism
Cons: patient life was very challenging
Working in hospital is always challenging. But while you work there you learn a lot about professionalism guest and emergency work.
Great!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Danbury, CTDecember 31, 2014
Enjoyed my time there! It was a very nice facility and the employers were organized and fair!
interesting and productive environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Danbury, CTNovember 7, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, interesting, fun
Cons: short breaks
Working in the psychiatric department was always exciting because although you only dealt with office work you were able to interact with many people and learn about their stories.
hands on experience
Food Service Aide (Former Employee), Danbury, CTSeptember 10, 2014
learned a lot watching head teacher how to run a classroom and what really went into an average school day
An organization known as the "Workplace of Choice"
Secretary (Former Employee), Danbury, CTAugust 21, 2014
Pros: opportunities to learn and advance in the medical field
Cons: short lunch breaks, low pay raises
- A typical day at work was answering phones from patients and other healthcare professionals. Deliver all messages via electronic health record. Schedule appointments, check in, check out, verify insurance and obtain authorizations for diagnostic testing and procedures ordered by MD. Copying, faxing, completing medical records requests, and provide coverage where needed.
- I had the opportunity to learn by my co-workers, workshops, and classes offered to advance skills.
- My direct manager was knowledgeable and helpful.
- My co-workers were helpful, caring, and efficient.
- The hardest part of the job was trying to accommodate patients with appointments within a reasonable time frame when the schedules were already overbooked.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the job and being good at it.
Excellent hospital
Traveling EEG Technician (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJuly 25, 2014
Danbury Hospital, was a very advanced and organized. Co-workers were very helpful. I had the opportunity to work with Robotics, and meet and do EEG studies, on people from different countries.
I was a very organized nurse, which was noted when I left CT by one of my mentors from the beginning of my career.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJuly 16, 2014
Pros: the money i made up north in ct
Cons: the physical demands it took on the nurse, even young nurses
I had wonderful nurses teaching the floor duties when I began my career. I never minded authority, I had very good & fair head nurses. They came to know I was a hard worker, accepted admits without complaint, they could depend on me to help where needed. I made myself become familiar with Code 99's, so as to alleve fear when they actually occurred. The hardest part of the job was the physical part of lifting morbily obese pts, taking care of ETOH detoxing pts. Really the most enjoyable part of my career were the pts themselves. If you were honest & kind & took care of them as best you could they were satisfied.
Productive place
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJuly 9, 2014
Nice environment to work in, opportunity for growth, good compensation and benefits
Great Place to Work in Healthcare
Administrative Director (Current Employee), Danbury, CTMay 20, 2014
Great place to work. Healthnetwork is expanding and striving to provifde the best healthcare to the community. Excellent benefits. Very accommodating to personal issues that may arise.
Good job for younger people.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Danbury, CTMay 5, 2014
Pros: weekend, night compensation
Cons: outsourced
Prep/clean food. Deliver meals to patients. I learned a lot about the healthcare workplace. Co-workers were tolerable. Hardest part of my job was having to go into rooms to deliver trays to people with MRSA, and or other illnesses where I would have to dress up in a gown and mask, gloves... etc to deliver meals. Most enjoyable part of my job was walking around the hospital and seeing all different types of people and their job duties.
Level one trauma hospital, very efficient
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Danbury, CTFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: teaching atmosphere
Cons: in house call.
Place of my schooling, learned all my skills here and how to be a #1 Technologist. Being a trauma hospital kept very busy with an eighteen suite operating room. Management was tough but fair and always had your back. It was a teaching hospital so co-workers were very helpful in the learning process. Most enjoyable part was learning to perfect my skills.
productive work place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Danbury, CTFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: danbury hospital was the closest to home i've ever worked
Cons: the parking in winter
I had great co-workers, great team playyers, managment was amazing. The hardest thing i ever had to face on my job was to watch someone die. I enjoyed putting a smile on people faces
Working at Danbury Hospital was a great experience
Medical Coding/Reimbursement Specialist II (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: learned alot
Cons: electronic medical billing and coding
My typical day was to get in an run ar reports then check upstairs with the doctors for any last minute reports. Start coding and billing claims with my coworkers, take calls from patients and doctors,report to superiors on progress of ar. The hardest part of the job was not being able to make the patients understand their insurance benefits what medicare pays and what it doesn't.
The most enjoyable part is seeing patients after surgery and they are doing fantastic.