Pros: opportunities to learn and advance in the medical field
Cons: short lunch breaks, low pay raises
- A typical day at work was answering phones from patients and other healthcare professionals. Deliver all messages via electronic health record. Schedule appointments, check in, check out, verify insurance and obtain authorizations for diagnostic testing and procedures ordered by MD. Copying, faxing, completing medical records requests, and provide coverage where needed.
- I had the opportunity to learn by my co-workers, workshops, and classes offered to advance skills.
- My direct manager was knowledgeable and helpful.
- My co-workers were helpful, caring, and efficient.
- The hardest part of the job was trying to accommodate patients with appointments within a reasonable time frame when the schedules were already overbooked.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the job and being good at it.