Danbury Hospital Employee Reviews

Good place to work with awesome pay and benifits
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 1, 2016
Very generous pay and benefits package. Flexible scheduling including options for 8 or 12 hr shifts. The culture of management leaves something to be desired, but job security is never a question.
Pros
Bonuses for picking up shifts, free onsite parking, coffee cart comes through units on day shifts
Cons
Workload can be demanding at times, management doesn't ensure coverage for breaks and often staff don't get one.
Good benefits, good compensation, good opportunity for work and overtime.
Patient access and financial services (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 24, 2016
Overall a more than decent place to be employed. Highly variable work environment, management structure, variability in shift hours. Straightforward tasks.
Pros
Good compensation and opportunity for overtime
Cons
Overly dynamic employment field structure
I enjoy my work at Danbury Hospital and like my colleagues. We help each other out.
RN (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 9, 2017
I'm a hard worker who cares about my patients to get them well. I enjoy my work and I like to my coworkers and have fun. We have a culture where we help each other out and we enjoy each other's company. We put our patients first by satisfying their psychiartic needs. It is important we stay safe and our patients are safe. It is important that we communicate with the patient's needs to the other shifts and to the Dr who prescibes thethe patient's meds. We try to work well together and have constructive meetings.
Terrible Management and Poor work environment
Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 8, 2016
This place has gone from horrible to I'm ashamed to say I work here.
The management is completely clueless and only care about what is the best way I can get my bonus.
Problems are over looked and patient care standards are terrible due to understaffing.
If your looking for a job look elsewhere!
benefits
Cons
management, no work life balance
great workplace
Patient Care Technician/ CNA (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 10, 2016
This organization is a great place to work for with lots of room for advancement. The salary is great and lots of potential for overtime.
productive and always willing to teach new skills
Telemetry Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 5, 2017
Great place to work at first. Then focus shifted from employee satisfaction to Company "gains". Learned a lot from staff physicians and hospital sponsored programs. Started there as a CNA before getting into hearts. Love taking care of patients heart health and watching them heal, recover and go home. Worked with a great staff for along time.
Pros
Willingness to trains for new skills
Cons
company lost employee satisfaction focus
Enjoyable coworkers, tough management, CNA's taken advantage of
Patient Care Technician - telemetry (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 11, 2016
Danbury Hospital is a beautiful, modern hospital. Unfortunately, nurses get royal treatment here and CNA's get walked on. That's how it is wherever you go - however, CNA's cannot get their opinions and points across to management. Management holds monthly CNA meetings to give you the idea that they're listening, yet whatever the CNA's say is heard yet not relayed back to the people who can do something about it. Lots of strict rules that can easily be reformatted and are not. Telemetry is an awful floor to work on due to the lack of organization and various types of patients thrown on there with no relation to cardiac, yet I cannot speak for other floors. The floor was great to work on when I was hired but in October of '15, they made a huge change to the floor and things went WAY downhill from then on. All CNA's got fed up with the floor and everybody wanted to leave, including myself, who did. Patients are incredibly elderly and 90% of census is geriatric. Geriatric patients means long term stays. We jokingly called telemetry the nursing home floor because that was how it felt. From what I hear, the floor did not change and it got worse since I left. I recommend working for the hospital, just try to stay away from telemetry if you're looking for a CNA job. If you're upgrading from a nursing home job, stay AWAY from 8 west (telemetry) if you want to feel a difference. Oh, and last year was our 2nd vote for a CNA union and we did not get one. CEO of Danbury Hospital was under legal investigation for manually screwing with votes the year prior.
Pros
Health benefits, strong management, good teamwork
Cons
Unorganized, unfair to CNA's
WCMG is a wolf in sheep's clothing!
Coder (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 23, 2016
WCMG is NOT what it appears to be. Was a coding sweatshop- no one took a break except to use the restroom. Punched out for lunch and continued to code so they could maintain quota. Some colleagues acted like they wanted to help me but when I tried to work in my own way went to supervisor for a closed door meeting. Next day supervisor (who never had problem with the way I worked out my coding info.) is suddenly asking me to do it the EXACT way other coder wanted. That coupled with the head of dept. telling me 2 wks in I looked,"unhappy" and they," had plenty of other applicants they could have chosen. " I could not believe it! Careful what you wish for - benefits etc. are not worth the stress. Immediate supervisor was nice for the record.
Benefits
Cons
No breaks, although told you are allowed one 15 min., building smelled of mold, and was freezing, People were pleasant sans certain ones, VERY stressful.
great place to work
Medical Librarian (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 30, 2016
It was a great place to work excellent staff good work environment. Worked in all the labs
Was exposed to various new equipment
Got to work with patient samples under supervision
Applied skills learned in university lab
Pros
Coworkers are great and a lot of the staff are really dedicated to the patient, They make the best of a bad situation
productive workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 6, 2017
A typical day would be assisting nurses with vital signs. It would also consist of assisting patients with daily needs such as feeding, bathing and any other daily needs. The co workers worked well together for the most part.

Want to know more about Danbury Hospital?

Ask a question
Financial Climate
Nursing Administration (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 4, 2016
This was a wonderful place to work and I enjoyed it very much. While I was not afforded the opportunity to get Tution Reimbursement I was able to complete my Bachelors degree and working on my Masters in Nursing...this gave me an opportunity to move away form direct patient care to an administrative role. However this financial climate and state cuts has left me and many others looking to stay afloat in the health care industry.
Pros
compensation
Cons
job uncertainty
The greatest co-workers you could ask for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 5, 2017
I have nothing but great things to say about working for Danbury Hospital. I worked Per Diem, so over the years I covered in many different settings. I loved each office I was working in.
as a phlebotomist 2
Phlebotomist 2 (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CT 06810June 18, 2016
DH is a wonderful place to work, it is a learning hospital and provides on the job training, I learned a lot working there most of all compassion for others.A typical day will start by going to the test center and finding out where you will be for the day it could be in house or at one of our satellite locations. sometimes while you are on the floors you can come across a patient who is very sick and is a hard draw, so you time may be comprimised,, but that when you will call or another team worker to come and assist you, One of the most enjoyable part of my job was when I could just be an ear to those who just needed someone to listen, for they feel alone and scared.I truly enjoy working in the medical field and hope to continue.
3rd shift cna
CNA 1 (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 4, 2016
Great job , with steady full time hours . I loved the team I worked with at night . I moved and had to leave my job , but would go back if I could . Highly recommend it
Patient Access
Patient Access Liason III (Current Employee) –  bethel, ctOctober 13, 2016
Overall great please to work with great people. Great hours and great location. Would recommend to a friend that would be interested.
productive
Certified Nurses Aide (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 25, 2016
productive with opportunity to grow, wonderful management group and very nice place to work. enjoyable place to work and grow in the profession
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
extra hours
"The workplace of choice..."
Registered Nurse PACU (Current Employee) –  PACUApril 20, 2016
Danbury hospital, now known as Western CT Health Network has provided me with such diversity and learning opportunities in Nursing. The hospital has been to adjust my schedule to accommodate personal needs and I have enjoyed working there. I am on disability for lifting precautions, but have been cleared to return to work with restrictions. I am looking forward to reentering the workforce as I consider my skills and experience an asset to other hospitals or healthcare settings.
Great work environment
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 27, 2016
Danbury Hospital is a fast paced working environment with a friendly, professional staff. Co-workers were all timely, hard working and courteous. The hardest part of the job, yet most valuable, is working in the Emergency Department. I also enjoy working in the Emergency department because you always have work to do and the nurses and doctors are incredibly great people.
An organization known as the "Workplace of Choice"
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 21, 2014
- A typical day at work was answering phones from patients and other healthcare professionals. Deliver all messages via electronic health record. Schedule appointments, check in, check out, verify insurance and obtain authorizations for diagnostic testing and procedures ordered by MD. Copying, faxing, completing medical records requests, and provide coverage where needed.
- I had the opportunity to learn by my co-workers, workshops, and classes offered to advance skills.
- My direct manager was knowledgeable and helpful.
- My co-workers were helpful, caring, and efficient.
- The hardest part of the job was trying to accommodate patients with appointments within a reasonable time frame when the schedules were already overbooked.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the job and being good at it.
Pros
Opportunities to learn and advance in the medical field
Cons
short lunch breaks, low pay raises
Good example of a company that grew to big to fast
Lab (Former Employee) –  Danbury,CTMay 4, 2013
Management is completely unorganized. They will look for any and all reasons to not give you a raise. They see how much work they can put on you when paying you as little as possible. Schedules would come out on Friday night for the following week, always being understaff because everyone in the department would quit.
Benefits
Cons
Management, schedules, lack of orginazation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Danbury Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Danbury Hospital Reviews by Location