Dandy mini mart Employee Reviews

Decent job, the pay is just terrible. Thank randy.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Smithfield, PANovember 13, 2017
Good job if you like busting your butt for little to no pay whatsoever. No benefits, fast work environment. Can be stressful. A good job for when you can’t find one.
Pros
Always have work
Cons
Unless you smoke cigarettes, don’t plan on getting breaks.
if you are looking for temporary or long term employment
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 6, 2017
there is always room for improvement. you work closely with customers and others each and every day. you must be a people person in order to handle this job.
Cons
if you are not a smoker, dont count on breaks, no employee discounts
Both times I've been employeed with Dandy I've always gotten along with management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PA 18840July 10, 2017
Dandy can be a fun and easy going work environment, however they tell you at orientation that if you're lucky enough to work on the NY side Williams is required by law to give you breaks and unfortunately if you are on the PA side your breaks rely on your manager's willingness to let you take a break. While working for the Dandy I was approached by my manager to help with paperwork on her or the assistant manager's days off, every other weekend I was required to complete paperwork for the day before I did not receive an type of pay raise for taking on certain managerial tasks. If you can multitask, have a great personality, and can keep up with the flow of customers the Dandy is a great choice!
Cons
No required breaks, No discounts/free lunch, No pay raise for taking on extra tasks
Dandy mini mart
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Odessa, NYJune 15, 2017
Learned a lot about customer service skills. Hours aren't that bad. I loved my dental plan it wasn't expensive. Kind of sucks we didn't get any discounts. not even on coffee.
Pros
hours were great
Cons
i dont know.
Great company
Deli Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Campbell, NYJune 15, 2017
This is a great company to work for honestly! The raises could come a little more frequently, but they retro paid you for them and also when i left the company they paid out to me all my time off i had acquired in a check. Wonderful wonderful company that truly cares about its employees.
Pros
Great benefits, Paid time off, Good hours
Cons
No paid lunches or discounted
Fast paced
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Camptown, PAJune 2, 2017
Have not worked for Dandy in 12 years. Very fast paced, no breaks given, understaffed. Co workers (some not all) just would not even show up for work.
Low pay, hard work
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chemung, NYMay 9, 2017
This job requires a lot of work for very little pay, absolutely no holidays off, no possibility for advancement, and very poor management. Thankless job.
A lot to Learn
Overnight Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Wellsburg, NYApril 20, 2017
Really liked that the job offered two different "realms" of work. Some days I could work in food, others on register & when on overnight, I got to do both.
Pros
lots of learning
Cons
lots of learning
Horrible company to work for. DO NOT RECOMEND.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burdett, NYMarch 12, 2017
Horrible management, horrible pay, false advertisement.. and the list goes on and on. Dandy Mini Marts simply does not realize when they have a good employee. They target the hard working individuals and let the lazy ones get away with anything. If you see a job posted for Dandy, I would pass it up. There is something much better out there.
Nice place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cayuta, NYJanuary 20, 2017
I had various job duties to do during the day.
I worked various hrs
I worked anywhere from an opening shift,to a closing shift.
When you get to work you would start your responsibilities, that depended on where you worked in the store whether in subway or opening the gas station part of the store.
I could do both.
The workplace was very busy which I liked. I also enjoyed working with others as well.
I guess if I would say there was a hard part to the job,it was closing at night and getting out on time.
Most enjoyable was working with others and helping customers.
Pros
There was Health Eye and dental
Cons
sometimes short breaks, or may not get one

Want to know more about Dandy mini mart?

Ask a question
it was a great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Troy, PAJanuary 11, 2017
it is a great place to work it just wasn't my kind of work its a great place they treated me well i'm not so good with math so that didn't really help with this job it just wasn't for me
Pros
it helped with not being so shy
Cons
i am bad with math
Excellent place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Rome, PADecember 22, 2016
It was an excellent place to work. Made numerous lifelong friends. I worked part time and was still able to hold a full time job while working there. Laid back, friendly environment.
Dandy
Cashier and Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Candor, NYDecember 4, 2016
Personally for the Dandy where I worked, the management was terrible and the manager didn't know her head from her hole in a ground. The coworkers were consistently fighting and I was always over scheduled even though I worked another job.
Cons
Very busy business lots of customer interaction
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dams, NYOctober 21, 2016
Busy atmosphere cashiers always busy and always something to do they give opportunity to advance in management also they have different people willing to travel to different places to work
Pros
Non
Cons
Only one person working register when busy
At the work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wellsburg, NYJune 26, 2016
A friendly day with smiles and appropriate greetings to co-workers and customers. Prompt time and acheivement and goals set daily
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
not sure at this time
Fast paced work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, PAApril 28, 2016
A typical day is filled with familiar faces of the neighboring towns. Repeat customers who enjoy a 1-2 minute conversation with their favorite Dandy ladies. You are there for quick, pleasant customer service with a smile, and to occasionally make them some food.
Small staff on shift of 2-3 employees at a time, who must communicate and work well together.
Hardest part of the day is when everybody clammors in at the same time wanting their favorite local ice cream. It gets crowded, loud, warm, and a little intimidating but, keeping a smile on your face and the line moving keeps everyone happy.
Work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAMarch 19, 2016
The dandy was a fun place to work at but its bad pay and not very good hours. co-workers never got along the hardest part of working for the dandy was when everyone called off had to pull 2-3 extra shifts
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Cayuta, NYFebruary 4, 2016
This was a great place to work. would go back in a heartbeat. The store was in a great little town and the manager was one of the best I have ever worked with .
Pros
Cons
not a lot of breaks unless you smoke
Very demanding
Manager (Current Employee) –  Athens, PAJanuary 27, 2016
Multiple tasks must be completed in a certain time frame. Must be able to keep a level head at all times. There are daily tasks that must be completed on a daily basis, and able to deal with the constant extra duties that present themselves. Dealing with customers and employees on a regular basis, with a calm demeanor.

Pros
Quartley Bonus
Cons
No positive reinforcement from corporate.
great employees to work with
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chemung, NYJanuary 5, 2016
fun to meet new people
learned to do daily paperwork
restocked shelves
hardest part was restocking cooler and freezer
enjoyable part was meeting and communicating with employees and customers
Pros
close to home
Cons
manager was very rude to employees