Dandy mini mart Employee Reviews

Dandy
Cashier and Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Candor, NYDecember 4, 2016
Personally for the Dandy where I worked, the management was terrible and the manager didn't know her head from her hole in a ground. The coworkers were consistently fighting and I was always over scheduled even though I worked another job.
Nice place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYAugust 27, 2015
Fun place to work and the customers are great! The people I work with are pretty amazing. You tend to learn a lot from each other when you work in smaller groups. Its nice to work for a place where you actually work as a team and not against each other. I love interacting with people and getting to know them and I get to do that on a daily basis. The company itself helps you grow and improve yourself as a person. Management encourages you to do better. There are some ups and downs though, as there is anywhere you go.
Pros
You learn something new every day.
Cons
Havent had a raise in 3 years!
great place to work under tthe right management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harrison Valley, PADecember 29, 2015
my day would start with clocking in get my drawe rand open my register. Then i would start ringing people up and telling them to have a nice day. i was taught to ID everyone no matter how old they looked because of fake ID's and minors. Management was terrible she never really taught you anything i had to go to different people she always favored people that she really liked and not the others. my co-workers were excellent except one they were funny and always made my day better. remembering were everything was on the cash register was the hardest part. The best part was seeing all the happy faces come in.
Pros
great people and work enviorment
Cons
pay, management
Fast paced work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, PAApril 28, 2016
A typical day is filled with familiar faces of the neighboring towns. Repeat customers who enjoy a 1-2 minute conversation with their favorite Dandy ladies. You are there for quick, pleasant customer service with a smile, and to occasionally make them some food.
Small staff on shift of 2-3 employees at a time, who must communicate and work well together.
Hardest part of the day is when everybody clammors in at the same time wanting their favorite local ice cream. It gets crowded, loud, warm, and a little intimidating but, keeping a smile on your face and the line moving keeps everyone happy.
At the work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wellsburg, NYJune 26, 2016
A friendly day with smiles and appropriate greetings to co-workers and customers. Prompt time and acheivement and goals set daily
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
not sure at this time
to be avoided
Register Operator, Shift Closer (Former Employee) –  sayre, paJune 5, 2015
dont work here unless you have literally nowhere else to go. the turn over rate is very high because as a rule, employees are regarded as disposable. you can work there for years without getting a raise, and there is very little room in the company for advancement. if you start on the register, youre most likely going to stay on the register until either you retire or quit. zero benefits, bad hours, and you make peanuts. if that sounds like a great job, then go for it.
Pros
some of the co workers are really nice
Cons
everything else is absolutely terrible
great job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Meshoppen, PAJuly 8, 2015
I enjoyed this job and my coworkers offered health insurance but the insurance is expensive. My experience I put in on average of over 40 hr work weeks. I have worked 2 1/2 weeks and 3 weeks without a day off, I was hired for closing shift up to 11pm and my current manager has me on mid shift. I like the closing it's more my speed.
Cons
no chance of promotion or pay raise, no employee discounts
Work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAMarch 19, 2016
The dandy was a fun place to work at but its bad pay and not very good hours. co-workers never got along the hardest part of working for the dandy was when everyone called off had to pull 2-3 extra shifts
Very demanding
Manager (Current Employee) –  Athens, PAJanuary 27, 2016
Multiple tasks must be completed in a certain time frame. Must be able to keep a level head at all times. There are daily tasks that must be completed on a daily basis, and able to deal with the constant extra duties that present themselves. Dealing with customers and employees on a regular basis, with a calm demeanor.

Pros
Quartley Bonus
Cons
No positive reinforcement from corporate.
The coustomers where great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nichols, NYOctober 22, 2013
The overall store was good liked the customers the management wasn't so great, they didn't allow for advancement in any department. Had no benefits what so ever. The team work was non exsitant.
Pros
made a lot of new friends.
Cons
no advancement no benefits.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Cayuta, NYFebruary 4, 2016
This was a great place to work. would go back in a heartbeat. The store was in a great little town and the manager was one of the best I have ever worked with .
Pros
Cons
not a lot of breaks unless you smoke
Cashier
Cashier/Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Towanda, PAMay 6, 2013
the job was ok, management doesn't seem to be strong. No enforcement to all employees of whats required. No discounts on purchases while working.
The stress to card customers when buying cigarettes in very heavy.

Loved working with customers.
Cons
no breaks, long hours with out breaks, no enough employees working together to get the job accomplished
great employees to work with
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chemung, NYJanuary 5, 2016
fun to meet new people
learned to do daily paperwork
restocked shelves
hardest part was restocking cooler and freezer
enjoyable part was meeting and communicating with employees and customers
Pros
close to home
Cons
manager was very rude to employees
Fun sleepy little lakefront store.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
Sleepy little lake town. Very busy during peak season. Enjoyed the locals and they sure made you feel like family and part of the town. Helped turn this run down store in to a million dollar a yr store. As a assitant manager I worked underneath a great manager and with awesome coworkers. We turned this store around in 6 months. It went from being in the red to making revenue. Making more then some of there bigger stores in the busier areas of the east coast.
Pros
Very fun atomsphere and a enjoyable clientele year around
Cons
Pay, working holidays, and down time in the non peak season
Productive and fun day as a Clerk
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Odessa, NYDecember 18, 2012
A typical day of work as a Clerk would consist of running the cash register and stocking shelves and coolers. Also you would work in the deli making subs,pizza and fryer foods. I learned how to make subs,pizza,also how to stock shelves properly. The management was very supportive and helpful with anything. The co-workers did their jobs effectively and quickly.
laid back environment
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Campbell, NYOctober 22, 2015
It is a laid back work environment. Although it does get very hectic at times. Lunch hours get very busy. It is hard to keep all customers happy.
It was a fun place to work...
Cashier, Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dams, NYOctober 30, 2014
I worked the early shift usually from 5 am to 3 pm. I knew all the morning customers and they knew me. I loved the workplace it was fast paced. I hated to leave but family was ill here in Florida. I liked working with other employee's. We all had different views on how to get the work done. We worked as a team and I liked that. The hardest part about my job was that when when we were short a person no other would step up and work overtime. I did a couple of times just because if I was that person and I wanted help. So, I stayed and went home after a long day feeling good. Saying I did my job today. I worked close to the Manager, when she asked me to do something I did as she said. No questions asked. I figured if she asked she had a reason.
Pros
overtime, friendly place
Cons
we couldn't keep employee's...
bad environment to work in
subway associate (Former Employee) –  Big Flats, NYJune 9, 2012
Thumbs down as work experience though I did love working with the customers and some employees, management was sketchy and played favorites to people who didn't deserve while others worked their buts off and got nothing
Pros
great start sallary
Cons
no discounts no reliability stabillity and poor communication
Productive Fun
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Mildred, PAJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at work would be going in running register cooking food and staying busy. My coworkers and my manager could play around and joke with each other without anyone getting mad it was just a great place to work. the hardest part was trying to satisfy the customers
Pros
working with great people
Enjoable work enviroment
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Athens, PAMarch 27, 2014
Clock into work, Count your drawer to make sure it is at the correct amount. Log into the register and start taking care of customers. While tending to customers also keeping the work area clean and organized, while answering phone calls and taking orders. Stocking freezers and shelves, at the end of the shift I would count my drawer down to a certain amount of money and take care of the drawer. Making sure the work place was clean and ready for the next employee I would clock out. I learned how to manage money and run complicated electronics, and got along great with co-workers, old and new. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and the hardest part was not being able to take care of a simple task because of computer errors.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No definite schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dandy mini mart. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7