Dandy mini mart

Dandy mini mart Employer Reviews

Cashier (Former Employee), Canandaigua, NYFebruary 12, 2015
I enjoyed working at this gas station. The food was very good and the employees were extremely easy to work with. There was normally a relaxed atmosphere due to the main business coming from a ski lodge down the road.
Alright place to be
Cashier/Sales (Current Employee), Towanda, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no benefits, coworkers, managment
some shifts are better to work on than others. days go by pretty fast
Not very good place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, PANovember 20, 2014
They don't offer many benefits and many places its hard to get hours other then part time. The only good thing was most coworkers were fun to work around.
It was a fun place to work...
Cashier, Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Beaver Dams, NYOctober 30, 2014
Pros: overtime, friendly place
Cons: we couldn't keep employee's...
I worked the early shift usually from 5 am to 3 pm. I knew all the morning customers and they knew me. I loved the workplace it was fast paced. I hated to leave but family was ill here in Florida. I liked working with other employee's. We all had different views on how to get the work done. We worked as a team and I liked that. The hardest part about my job was that when when we were short a person no other would step up and work overtime. I did a couple of times just because if I was that person and I wanted help. So, I stayed and went home after a long day feeling good. Saying I did my job today. I worked close to the Manager, when she asked me to do something I did as she said. No questions asked. I figured if she asked she had a reason.
Productive and can be fun.
Clerk (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: short breaks
The other workers are great to get a long with, they can make your day go by fast if yous get along good with each other. Make sure to ask customers if they got gas.
general
Cashier/General (Former Employee), Athens, PAJune 7, 2014
This job was a fast paced, multi-tasking job. I like that kind of environment to keep my mind focused during work.
Great Customers always a smiling face to greet you at the door.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Odessa, NYMarch 31, 2014
Pros: always friendly coworker/customers, a positive work environment
Cons: sometimes short on workers
The Dandy Mini Mart was always an enjoyable job, which I enjoyed going to each and everyday. Typically you would go into your shift, count your drawer, then start right in with the customers. Cooking and preparing food for customers was also enjoyable, customers always like to be the most important person in the store at the moment they walk in.
Enjoable work enviroment
Clerk (Former Employee), Athens, PAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: no definite schedule.
Clock into work, Count your drawer to make sure it is at the correct amount. Log into the register and start taking care of customers. While tending to customers also keeping the work area clean and organized, while answering phone calls and taking orders. Stocking freezers and shelves, at the end of the shift I would count my drawer down to a certain amount of money and take care of the drawer. Making sure the work place was clean and ready for the next employee I would clock out. I learned how to manage money and run complicated electronics, and got along great with co-workers, old and new. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and the hardest part was not being able to take care of a simple task because of computer errors.
awesome place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Elmira, NYMarch 10, 2014
Pros: scheduling
Cons: no medical insurance for employees
always happy when entering the store.
learned that you can change any angry customer to leave with a smile.
While managing it was actually more stressful to keep employees satisfied then the customers.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the different hours that employees could work.
The most enjoyable part of my job was everything.
Loved having and seeing my regular customers
gas station
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), East Syracuse, NYJanuary 11, 2014
was the assistant manager and ensured that the customers were taken care of and that the employees did the proper work for the day
good
Cashier/Deli (Former Employee), Nichols NYDecember 13, 2013
i liked working there because of my co workers and my manager was really cool to work with.The hardest part was leaving there.The enjoyable part was working with fun people
My first job
CASHIER (Former Employee), Corning , NYNovember 12, 2013
Dandy mini mart was a real eye opener in may ways. It was my first real job.
Rewarding upbeat
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee), Eastsmithfield PaOctober 30, 2013
Pros: lunch breaks on time
Ran cash register...took food orders on phone..made subs, sandwiches...took garbage from inside and outside store disposed of it in proper place...cleaned mopped...
The coustomers where great
Cashier (Former Employee), Nichols, NYOctober 22, 2013
Pros: made a lot of new friends.
Cons: no advancement no benefits.
The overall store was good liked the customers the management wasn't so great, they didn't allow for advancement in any department. Had no benefits what so ever. The team work was non exsitant.
Nice people
Cash register, cleaning, customer service, stock (Former Employee), Sayre, PAJune 17, 2013
I left the Dandy for a better job. I did enjoy working there. Easy work and nice people.
Cashier/Food Preparer (Former Employee), Towanda, PAMay 6, 2013
Cons: no breaks, long hours with out breaks, no enough employees working together to get the job accomplished
the job was ok, management doesn't seem to be strong. No enforcement to all employees of whats required. No discounts on purchases while working.
The stress to card customers when buying cigarettes in very heavy.

Loved working with customers.
Horrible.
Clerk/Deli Clerk (Former Employee), East Syracuse NYMarch 8, 2013
I would never recommend Dandy for a job. There is hardly any training, they don't take what you need into consideration at all and they treat their employees like dirt. And there is zero chance of working full time because they are too cheap to pay for benefits.
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Clerk (Current Employee), Sayre, PAJanuary 23, 2013
My co-workers and customers make it worth coming to work, Getting to know our customers is what we strive for so they become regular customers.
Productive and fun day as a Clerk
Clerk (Former Employee), Odessa, NYDecember 18, 2012
A typical day of work as a Clerk would consist of running the cash register and stocking shelves and coolers. Also you would work in the deli making subs,pizza and fryer foods. I learned how to make subs,pizza,also how to stock shelves properly. The management was very supportive and helpful with anything. The co-workers did their jobs effectively and quickly.
fast moving environment
Deli and Cashier (Former Employee), Hector, NYDecember 12, 2012
opening, replenishing the atm, set up food and coffee, open register and lotto machine, turn on pumps, train employees, unload shipments, balance tills, sometimes close

Dandy mini mart Salaries