DANFOSS Employee Reviews

If your Danish, this is the place for you!
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILSeptember 14, 2016
Management is not engaged. It is a Danish owned and operated company. Only people who get advancements are Danish or good friends with Danish (Denmark). Management causes more problems than the average line worker!
Pros
You get paid. Production workers are great people and very helpful.
Cons
Denmark (Danish) are the only people promoted and valued.
New HR Management is a JOKE
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Loves Park, ILNovember 2, 2016
If you want to work for a company with terrible HR management, this is the company for you. New HR management is completely incompetent. In the 15 years that I have been with Danfoss, we have never had such a poorly represented unhelpful HR Department. Gone are the days of customer focus and employee support.
Pros
Nice Building
Cons
Awful confrontations HR Management
Very Good Company to Work for
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAJune 11, 2016
I can only speak for the IT department but overall the experience is good where most people are able to balance work with personal life and where everyone does a great job of trying to get along.

The primary struggle currently is the merger of the IT departments of Danfoss Power Solutions with Danfoss Climate & Energy. We now all consider ourselves one IT but there is a lot of work to do to complete the merger.

Because of the struggles IT customers have suffered and the reputation of IT has gone down significantly. We have a few more months before things should start coming together, then we will need to work on our reputation and gaining the trust of our internal customers.

In the U.S. I wish we had better options for health, meaning discounts to clubs or onsite work out facilities. Aside from that salaries seem on par, health benefits on par, and things like working from home if necessary are fine as long as it is not abused.
Pros
Very nice people, safety is a high priority, overall good pay and benefits
Cons
A little chaotic getting the IT departments merged (AD, tools, etc)
ok company
Quality Manager / Lead Auditor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 9, 2017
people, production good people to work with. bosses did not give good direction. good benefits and pay, but lots of travel and employee turnovers. so ok company to work for.
absolutely no honesty in management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAOctober 18, 2016
they bring you on for a six and nine month temp service maybe in two years you might get hired on any safety complaints fall on deaf ears employees are often forced into advanced Positions without advanced pay
Pros
a job
Cons
constantly lied to
Beatufil facility and great people to work with.
Product Designer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJanuary 16, 2017
Great place to work. Friendly people and atmosphere. There is a good variety of complex projects to work on. There is a great opportunity to learn and grow.
Productive and fast pace
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 13, 2016
The job is very fun yet organized and fast pace. I love working for them and want to continue to learn much more. The hardest part of the job is there isn't one the job is awesome.
Nice Entry Level Job
Production Worker/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAApril 17, 2016
Pro's: Moderately flexible work shifts, nice co-workers, nice management team, mentally easy job. Lots of hours if desired.
Con's: Can hurt dexterity in hands and fingers.
Pros
Cons
Can hurt dexterity in hands and fingers.
Very Poor Mangement
ENGINEERING (Former Employee) –  EASLEY SCFebruary 11, 2015
Danfoss is one of the worst places I have worked in my twenty plus year career. The management is very unhelpful, advancement is nonexistent, The management has a very non progressive work life balance, The European attitude does NOT transfer to the American management.
You will receive little training to advance your career, very little chance of raises or bonuses. They put on a good front. DO NOT ACCEPT A POSITION THERE you will be very unhappy...
They receive awards for best place to work but these are paid endorsements and do not reflect the realities of work there.
Productive Workplace
Operator/Tech Support/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Middle River, MDApril 7, 2016
Since working with Danfoss I have had the opportunity to learn different skills that has put me in my position I hold now. I have met many people who are very helpful in my success at Danfoss.
Pros
Skills
Cons
Better advancement
Overall i enjoyed working here.
Fabricator/Welder (Former Employee) –  Gum Springs, ARFebruary 21, 2016
A typical day at Danfoss was good for me, i loved where i worked. I learned a lot about AC untis. Management was not too great... Loved my coworkers. Hardest part wasn't really anything for me. Most enjoyable part was getting to build the units.
Just another job.
Production operation technician (Former Employee) –  Ames, IADecember 15, 2015
It would be a decent place to work for except for a few things. Wages are terrible, takes for ever to become hired full time from temp agency if you do get hired, supervisors are not fair-it's not what you know it's who's the favorite. Also management acts like they care but don't. I worked their 7 yrs and left. Went back to try it again but left after 6 months it was going to be about 2 yrs to be full time again.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Wages and temp to hire if hired.
Decent company.
Continuous Improvement Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 26, 2012
Danfoss has been a great learning experience as I was able to branch out and use most of my own ideas on process improvement. I usually do my eight hours with the option of overtime doing a great range of tasks from fixing equipment to changing documentation.
Good management that was not afraid to spend the necessary capitol to improve the plant. However was sometimes afraid to exercise discipline when needed.
I had a great group of coworkers that had the best teamwork attitude since I was in the Navy.
The hardest part of the job was just the shear amount of work that had to be done. there is no real backup personell to assist me in the more core tasks that I had to do.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the learning opportunities through doing my job as well as participation of touring other companies.
Pros
was able to learn alot, good health and other benefits, no micro-management.
Cons
low pay for skill set, high work load, no special recognition for achievements.
Good workers, horrible management environment
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Mountainside, NJJune 23, 2015
Majority of employees are hardworking people dedicated to providing quality products and service.
As this is a Danish company and senior management are across the Atlantic, they are very disengaged and completely blind to what is being done in the factories.
Local Management in this location lacks the skill to work as a true team, with constant trust issues, backstabbing, water cooler talk and outright lies to one another.
It is actually very apparent to the employees and severely reduces the respect and trust that is needed for the factory to be successful.
Pros
Good people in general workforce, hardworking.
Cons
Senior management not connected, local management not trustworthy. Lack of ethics and integrity.
Laid back and fun place to work
Procurement Engineer at Danfoss (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARNovember 17, 2015
All areas work together well on projects. I have loved it, the only thing that I would recommend would be to stay out of the purchasing dept. Management is not up to par with the rest of the departments.
Pros
7-5 Mon-Thurs 7:30-11:30 Friday
Cons
Above average pay and great benefits
Multi-Spindle Machinist (Current Employee) –  Freeport, ILNovember 19, 2015
One of the cleanest manufacturing plants around. They invest a lot of money back into the company to ensure employees have the best equipment and working conditions in the industry.
Pros
Free lunches, clean, above average pay, good benefits
Great benefits, Poor Management
Machinist/Robot Operator (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJune 2, 2015
The Management only knows your name if you're in trouble and the plant may close down depending on the economy. The home time and benefits are great.
Benefits
Cons
Mediocre company if you are not Danish
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Loves ParkSeptember 18, 2013
Depending upon the business, unclear business direction. Overlapping job roles between key account managers and product managers, typically with conflicting goals. Engineering and product development talented, but grossly understaffed. Not a sales or customer oriented company. Supply chain seems to run the company, and the Voice of Customer is about number 8 on the list. Too many adversarial customer relationships, most of which could be solved with simple communication and quality control.

Communication is very strange- e-mails never get a response, and it takes a long, long time to get an answer by phone. Many of the Danish managers do not have voicemail. Weird.

Company culture is ok, and co-workers were talented, but underutilized. At one point there was a hiring frenzy, followed by a layoff of most of the white collar workers hired in that time. Once again, a symptom of the fuzzy business picture.

Overall, not a bad company to work for, nice people, relatively low stress environment (at the time), good benefits, decent business tools. But, an odd culture, poor communication from Danish managers. A good job for a couple of years, but not a long term stop for anyone with business intelligence.
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
Poor communication from Danish managers, ill defined business views
nice people but morale is low due to layoff and lack of communication
Unit Coordinator/Operator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 31, 2015
nice place but know where to go, they take on temps and promise to hire them after there contract is up but they don't, temps for over 2 years still waiting to get hiring but there is always an excuse.
Pros
location
Cons
no way to get perminated position
Great culture and ideal place to work
Project Manager - Supply Chain Dept (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARMarch 4, 2013
1)Great culture and ideal place to work
2)Nordic firm has great training and compensation system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DANFOSS. Our community is ready to answer.