DANFOSS

DANFOSS Employer Reviews

Not a good place to work at
WIRE HARNESS ASSEMBLER/TEMPORARY LEAD (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 19, 2014
Pros: benefits are pretty good
Cons: bad management.lots of unlawful discriminating acts go on here.
I worked at Danfoss for 13 years & saw a lot of changes through the years. It started out as a fun place to work but little by little things changed. New management had different ways of doing our jobs, some were fine but others were a little unbearable. Slowly little things were taken away from us, which helped to make our jobs easier. New management – more... pulled a lot of stuff that normally they wouldn't get away with before or at any other company. Thankfully, most of them were fired but the new rules they set before their exit, stuck. I no longer work there but keep in touch with a lot of friends who are still there and I listen to all the complaints about how bad the company has gotten since I left and how they hate this place. There are a lot of very unhappy workers there, some of them quit and others are just hanging on till they find something new, unfortunately, this is not a good time to find another job as many companies are still laying off or they are just closing doors and going out of business. The lead people here are suppose to be working like the rest of the group but instead they're on their computers emailing friends or surfing the web. They come in early for O.T. telling everyone there's work they have to do but are actually sitting on the computer goofing off. This has been going on for years and the V.P. of the company doesn't check their computers. It's a very aggravating thing to witness this day after day and watch them get away with it but they come down hard on the people who ARE working. This is just a tiny example of why this is not a good place to work at. – less
Family oriented and a fun place to work
High speed operator and Job Instruction Trainer (Current Employee), Arkadelphia, ARApril 15, 2014
A typical day at work for me is to calibrate my zeiss, test run parts off each machine, and finishing parts and i have to have a keen eye to catch any defects. I learned how to operate excello machines. Management is very supportive. As co-workers we all work as a team. The hardest part of the job is looking over the finished parts. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job is defeating and overcoming challenges. – less
Positive ratings are fantasy. Not a good company
Product group manager (Former Employee), Loves Park, ILMarch 22, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: everything else
As other reviews state, hire, fire, repeat. Really bad experience for most employees which is covered up by HR. The management is unfocused, poor business planning, no understanding of where Danfoss is placed in the market (not at the top three!) Really an inflated view of their business, not grounded in reality.

On the plus side the pay was ok, but – more... the jobs don't last. I have seen more than 25 people let go over the past 18 months, and about white collar managers from Loves Park.

Find a better job with a smaller company in Rockford. – less
fun and enjoyable place to work
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Arkadelphia, ARMarch 20, 2014
Pros: company picnics, healthcare
Cons: long days
I started young but as i grew older the company continued to grow and I would love coming to work working with my friends and becoming friends with new people. The hardest part was some days having to be at work at 4;00 in the morning and working 12 hrs a day at times. The most enjoyable part was 90% of the time you worked Mon-Thurs and was off Friday-Sunday! – more... A typical day was you doing your job and what was expected of you to progress with the company – less
OK place
Director Quality & Lean (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNDecember 11, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: change
Nothing special, lots of changes that keep you busier than most
Mediocre company if you are not Danish
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Loves ParkSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: pleasant work environment
Cons: poor communication from danish managers, ill defined business views
Depending upon the business, unclear business direction. Overlapping job roles between key account managers and product managers, typically with conflicting goals. Engineering and product development talented, but grossly understaffed. Not a sales or customer oriented company. Supply chain seems to run the company, and the Voice of Customer is about – more... number 8 on the list. Too many adversarial customer relationships, most of which could be solved with simple communication and quality control.

Communication is very strange- e-mails never get a response, and it takes a long, long time to get an answer by phone. Many of the Danish managers do not have voicemail. Weird.

Company culture is ok, and co-workers were talented, but underutilized. At one point there was a hiring frenzy, followed by a layoff of most of the white collar workers hired in that time. Once again, a symptom of the fuzzy business picture.

Overall, not a bad company to work for, nice people, relatively low stress environment (at the time), good benefits, decent business tools. But, an odd culture, poor communication from Danish managers. A good job for a couple of years, but not a long term stop for anyone with business intelligence. – less
Fun working place and great co-workers
Assembly Worker/ Helium Trainer (Former Employee), Buda, TXJuly 28, 2013
Cons: great bennifts and not needing two weeks to take off for vacation.
It was a very fun place to work. I like the hours early in the morning and off by 2pm.
Making Scrolls for air conditioners units and parts for heating equipment such as pools etc.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Arkadelphia, ARJuly 16, 2013
My day at Danfoss was kind of boring because you not able to interact with many, but i learned a few different jobs and actually got excited and proud of myself. Management wasn't really involved in our work, but have terrific Line Leaders that helps out a lot. There really wasn't no hard job. Once you catch on you practically got it from there. I enjoyed – more... the job and the challenges that came. – less
Very Good Place To Work
Sales Manager (Former Employee), BaltimoreMay 13, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: market place understanding
*Work Hard, Play Hard, Win
*On the job training coupled with annual in-house training
*Mid-Management Understands, Executive Management disengaged
*Forecast, Goals and Milestones may change at anytime
Nice place to work.
Engineer I - Electrical (Current Employee), Loves Park, ILApril 25, 2013
- Nice experienced colleagues
- Learnt a lot of things about product testing and design
Great culture and ideal place to work
Project Manager - Supply Chain Dept (Former Employee), Arkadelphia, ARMarch 4, 2013
1)Great culture and ideal place to work
2)Nordic firm has great training and compensation system
PRODUCTIVE AND WORK WITH GOOD PEOLE
Assembler/Tester (Former Employee), Easley, SCJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: good breaks
Cons: healthcare
ALL THREE OF MY JOBS WAS OKAY MONEY ,GREAT HOURS ,WONDERFUL PEOPLE
Danfoss is a Danish base company, It is a great company with really good people, with about 70 companies in 20 countries.
Navigator - Global Lean Coach (Current Employee), 20 countries, including Canada, USA, MexicoDecember 27, 2012
Many employees support several locations. Several people travel internationally, 50 weeks per year, which prevents a balance between work and life.
Excellent corporate culture and great energy solution
Analyst, Energy Solution (Former Employee), BeijingDecember 14, 2012
The industrial application of energy efficiency helps so much in district energy saving, which create value for community, province and the whole country.
It was a fun job out of college
manufacturing engineer (Former Employee), Rockford, ilMay 1, 2012
Pros: culture is strong and casual work environment
Cons: little recognition, training ground for european based employees
The company seeks high skill sets for entry level pay rates.
1990 on the company faced some bad years and let go of many employees, there is no sense of them wanting to bring back some of the lost talent from those days.
Decent company.
Continuous Improvement Technician (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 26, 2012
Pros: was able to learn alot, good health and other benefits, no micro-management.
Cons: low pay for skill set, high work load, no special recognition for achievements.
Danfoss has been a great learning experience as I was able to branch out and use most of my own ideas on process improvement. I usually do my eight hours with the option of overtime doing a great range of tasks from fixing equipment to changing documentation.
Good management that was not afraid to spend the necessary capitol to improve the plant. However – more... was sometimes afraid to exercise discipline when needed.
I had a great group of coworkers that had the best teamwork attitude since I was in the Navy.
The hardest part of the job was just the shear amount of work that had to be done. there is no real backup personell to assist me in the more core tasks that I had to do.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the learning opportunities through doing my job as well as participation of touring other companies. – less
a good place to work for
Electrical Design Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee), Loves Park, ILMarch 23, 2012
Pros: very employee orientated
Cons: decisions made at a different facility
enjoyed working for the company and with the people. They try to find a place for each employee that fits both the company and the employee
Excellent
Project Manager (Former Employee), DenmarkMay 6, 2014
Good management skills and chance to learn new in the industry
a very good organization to work for
Analyst (Former Employee), Chennai, TNMay 5, 2014
The job is very much comfortable, unless some troublesome mails are received regarding certain issues which are related to either manufacturing units or customers. The work environment is very pleasant with company of great and helpful co-workers. This job made me a better teamplayer, it helped to learn the way to prioritize issues based on the need – more... and manage time in the most effective manner. – less
In a transition period due to sales & profit challanges
Global Sales Director High Pressure Pumps (Former Employee), Nordborg, D83February 2, 2014
Pros: people friendly environment
Cons: top management oriented to short tearm financial goals
As sales director my tasks are various, thus there is not something like a "typical day". However, to say something in this section, some of my main responsabilities were.
>Regular meetings with the board of directors, following up business trend, product development, following up main management plans.
>Monthly performance dialogues with my direct – more... repots, touching upon business trend, main opportunities, regional business and employees development or issues.
>Talent building follow up.
>Enbabling value selling arguments involving product management and regional sales directors.
etc. – less

About DANFOSS

Danfoss builds what heats and cools us. A leading industrial company in Denmark, the global firm produces mechanical and electronic – Read more