Danville Care Center Employee Reviews in United States

Danville Care Center
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILSeptember 11, 2015
I was employed with this company From December 2013 to April 2015.

Danville Care Center located in Danville, IL is a beautiful long term care facility serving clients both locally and from all of Fulton County and Illinois. Our facility boasts three distinct programs.
productive
Receptionist/ Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILMay 10, 2015
enjoyed this job as well worked with the elderly, played games, as well as enjoyed one on one time with residents when i took them to and from Doctor appts. as well as shopping
Pros
Hearing stories from the old days
Cons
Having to watch, the residents that you grow to care for deteriorate right in front of you
productive
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILSeptember 13, 2014
good place to work, management works with you and the hardest part is making sure laundry is being processed on a timely manor
Co-workers were nice
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILAugust 3, 2014
was a great place to work until they switched management. now they are short staffed and overworked. management doesn't communicate with you until something goes wrong or corporate comes in.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
management is horrible
great teamwork
Nursing Aide (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILApril 22, 2014
when we enter to work we have to see the folder where thy place us at, we start getting the residents up for breakfast . we dress the resident , feed them and give them activity to do. give them snack for lunch and change or take the resident to restroom a lot then feed them their dinner. I have learn how to take care my elder. I learn that everyone who you work with want like you but you will have to deal with it. The hardest part of job is bad management because our D.O.N kept getting fired. The most enjoyable part of the job is loving the residents.
So Disappointed and Disgusted with this Company.
Certified Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Danville, IllinoisApril 11, 2014
Granted, I came from a hospital background and setting, I have never seen such horrible conditions in all of my 30+ years of employment in the health care industry. And this job was not anything I could of imagined. I really do not feel right to get any more into detail about my time there. But, I was just barely hanging on when they lied about me and fired me for misconduct. They lie about employees and their residents. My biggest fault was being naïve and falling in love with my residents. I believed each and every administrator, (3 or 4 in my 2 years there), I really thought that I could change things there. I am proud of the my accomplishments. I still write to several ladies and take them to lunch. I am having trouble with visits, since anyone employed that talks to me is threatened. Some employees have been threatened and was not even there. REALLY. I would not take my dogs there.
Wonderful Learning Experience
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJanuary 16, 2014
Residents and patients are grateful for a compassionate person.
Very unorganized, under payed and over worked no proper chain of command
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILOctober 10, 2013
stressful, understaffed, chain of command is always broken, no teamwork, low sensus occasionally, occasional no needs (getting sent home because of corporate budget)
smaller nursing home
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILSeptember 13, 2013
A good place to work,caring staff and very supportive.Taking care of residents needs.
Productivty
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILFebruary 21, 2013
A typical day for me at work, I was responsible for answering incoming calls, Making outgoing calls, Making appointments for Residences, Admissions and Departures for residences, Billing for the Nursing home, Worked with Word and Excel. My co-workers were wonderful, I am very people oriented, the hardest part of my days of work was seeing some of the residences not get proper care.
Pros
love working with people
Cons
nothing
Learned about public aide and social security disability. Very interesting job.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILDecember 11, 2012
At the beginning of each and every day I did a
census report for department head morning meeting.
Then during the day various reports, filing any
new applications for financial help for residents,
payroll every other week, mail, banking, etc.
I learned a lot about public aide and social
security disability. Most of the management at
the local level were ok. Like any place, some
at corporate had no idea what the real work was.
I would like to think I got along with all of my
co-workers. The hardes part was getting payor
sources for some of the residents. After they
opened up the mental rehal section the person
doing the admitting didn't realize that just
because a person was a recovering alcoholic
or drug addict, he could get disability. The
best part of the job was the residents. Most
of them were very enjoyable. Felt so sorry for
those with no families.
Pros
i liked this job even though i worked long hours. pay was decent and health insurance was good.
Cons
job so demanding i worked several hours. tried to help too many others.
Danville Care Center provided me with the opportunity to use the nursing skills I have acquired and provided new challenges and learning experiences .
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILAugust 21, 2012
A typical work day at Danville Care Center (DCC) involved passing medications to patients in a skilled long-term care facility, initiating/administering IV medications, maintenance of G-tubes for residents receiving enteral nutrition, wound care/dressing changes and direct supervision of CNA staff and assisting CNA staff when needed. During my time at Danville Care Center what I feel I gained most was more knowledge of wounds and the types of dressings and topical preparations used for differents types of wounds. Management staff were friendly and courteous, approachable and professional. Diversity was encouraged at Danville Care Center; the staff were of varying ethnicities and cultures, I enjoyed working in an environment in which diversity is valued. I was told many times by CNA staff and other nursing staff that I was "a good nurse". I didn't ever have problems relating to co-workers and I do miss working with them. The hardest part of my job at DCC was ensuring medications were passed on time due to multiple interruptions/ needs of residents and/or CNA staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was interaction with the residents and with my co-workers.
Pros
management is flexible with schedule; try hard to accomodate days off when requested, friendly approachable management staff
Cons
nurse to resident ratio undesirable, no designated area for personal belongings of nursing staff
Cleaned and set up the Arena, Lobby, Bathrooms.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJuly 25, 2012
I enjoyed working at the facility, and learning how to properly set up the displays for various events. A real learning experience.
Pros
sometimes i could go to some of the arenas activities at no charge
Cons
some employees did not care about about the job.

2.8