Danville Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Managment is all about $ not about Patient care
Current Employee (Current Employee), danville vaJuly 13, 2015
Pros: some good co workers
Cons: pay, no breaks, hours, high healthcare
i do not recommend this place. Ive met some good people but ive met alot of backstabbers. Save your time. They are only worried about the money ....
Intern
Intern (Former Employee), Danville, VAMay 19, 2015
Great professionals to work with. Internship helped professionally and personally. Would love to be employed here. Great management.
Diverse Work Place
Cardiac Technician (Current Employee), Danville, VAMay 1, 2015
Very high paced environment; hardest part of job is having to work with such different personalities; most enjoyable part is working with the community and nursing individuals back to health
It's a job!!
CNA (Current Employee), Danville, VAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: some amusing, fun and entertaining staff.
Cons: cost of health insurance
Have met some very pleasant and wonderful patients. The cafeteria food is pretty good. Some co-workers are very helpful. The patient/staff ratio is very high.
n/a
evs tech (Current Employee), danville , vaFebruary 19, 2015
Co-Workers in department Are great,
Co-workers as in other departments are not pleasant,
Management is fine,
The hardest part of the job is the weekends when we clean entire floors by ourselves, All patient rooms,all bathrooms,all nurse and doctors areas,
the most enjoyable part of the job are the good friends(Co-workers) I get to see everyday.
Job summary
ED Registrar (Current Employee), Danville, VAFebruary 10, 2015
A typical day is running around trying to figure out which pt is in which room, what insurance they have. Trying to catch EMS as they come in, some coworkers will help you. Others don't care. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the patients. The enjoyable part is downtime
hard worker. care & concern for patients, good teamplayer
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee), Danville, VANovember 30, 2014
great co-workers, very compassionate to the patients and to one another
most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients-getting to know them ,.hobbies, and family
working to make patients.as comfortable as possible-from planning set-up to last treatment
UPLIFTING ENVIRONMENT
ED REGISTRAR (Current Employee), Danville, VAOctober 12, 2014
NURSES ARE WONDERFUL TO WORK WITH IN ER, VERY FRIENDLY, OVERALL REGISTRATION TEAM LEADERS ARE VERY MISUNDERSTANDING AND SEEM TO BE DRAMATIZED
voulnteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Danville, VASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: didn't have health benifits
I worked with a lot of people, through out the days. I helped people get to where they needed to go. I had learn how to communicate with people more. Had a lot of others workers but they didn't do what
I did because, I was they youngest person on the voulnteering staff.
Great place to start a Medical Assisting/Phlebotomy career.
Clinical Associate/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Danville, VAJuly 30, 2014
Starting out my career in a 200 bed hospital was the best place I could have been. I learned all basic care needs for patients in a Pre/Post surgical and Nephrology unit.
Service Excellence
RN (Former Employee), Last Position was in the Preop Holding AreaApril 21, 2014
Service Excellence was the name of a great program and culture we initiated in the '90s. Every person employed there went thru a 4 hour learning seminar. Each employee was empowered and it was evident in every service area as each person took personal pride in not on their job but their value to DRMC.
First Job
Food Service Associate (Former Employee), Danville, VaApril 7, 2014
Pros: pretty easy
Cons: little boring
this was my first job i was a hostess it was a bit boring at times but i loved greeting and meeting people.
A Great Overall Job
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Danville, VAApril 3, 2014
Pros: competiable pay, decent benefits, overall good company
Cons: raises could have came more often.
Enjoyed my work experience in the Emergency Department as a Tech. I gain lots of knowledge in furthering my career. Very busy and staff made me feel as if this was my second home and family. Very flexible with work schedules and times.
Productive workplace
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Danville, VAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: the staff
Cons: high stress job
I worked 12 hours shifts at DRMC as an RN. Most recently I worked on the Telemetry and Step down units.

The manager on this unit is very supportive of her staff and is open to communication between herself and the staff.

I loved my co-workers on this unit. They made everyday fun and exciting.

The hardest part of this job is accepting some patients will not get better and helping them and their families in the final stages of life. Even that process can be a blessing even though it is difficult.

The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know people and helping them.
Productive and fun
Grounds Keeper (Former Employee), Danville, VAJanuary 30, 2014
I basically took care on the grounds by picking up trash. The co-workers where awesome people to work for.
The job was different each day
Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech (Former Employee), Danville, VANovember 21, 2013
I learned something new everyday and found the work to be quite interesting.
Working in the medical field
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Danville, VANovember 18, 2013
Pros: heath benefits, good pay
Cons: laid off
I loved my job at the hospital. I was using my degree skills for my position. I loved the people I worked with. The hospital was sold out to another contractor and I was laid off.
I really enjoyed this job.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Danville, VAOctober 30, 2013
I worked here for 7 years and only left due to a death in the family. I was trained in every area of the lab except microbiology.
Horrible place...
Evs tech (Former Employee), Evs techOctober 25, 2013
Worst place I've ever worked. Management is horrible. They use fear tactics and intimidation. They treat you worst than a dog. They can't keep any help cause they mistreat people....
Good Learning Experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Danville, VASeptember 2, 2013
Pros: 12 hour shifts and more time off.
Cons: short staffed
Worked with excellent people with a lot of nursing experience.
We worked together as a team of two nurses on a unit capable of
housing up to 18 patients. We were staffed according to staffing matrix. A typical day was two nurses and one psychiatric technician, with anywhere from 8-10 patients. One nurse would be charge nurse, and would perform all patient assessments. The other nurse would be the medication nurse and administer all oral, IM, or subcutaneous medications, as well as check blood sugars on diabetic patients. The hardest part of the job was being consistent and enforcing all the rules. The most enjoyable part of the job was rounding with the doctors and teaching the patients about their disorders and medications.