Danville Regional Medical Center

Danville Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Great place to start a Medical Assisting/Phlebotomy career.
Clinical Associate/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Danville, VAJuly 30, 2014
Starting out my career in a 200 bed hospital was the best place I could have been. I learned all basic care needs for patients in a Pre/Post surgical and Nephrology unit.
Service Excellence
RN (Former Employee), Last Position was in the Preop Holding AreaApril 21, 2014
Service Excellence was the name of a great program and culture we initiated in the '90s. Every person employed there went thru a 4 hour learning seminar. Each employee was empowered and it was evident in every service area as each person took personal pride in not on their job but their value to DRMC.
First Job
Food Service Associate (Former Employee), Danville, VaApril 7, 2014
Pros: pretty easy
Cons: little boring
this was my first job i was a hostess it was a bit boring at times but i loved greeting and meeting people.
A Great Overall Job
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Danville, VAApril 3, 2014
Pros: competiable pay, decent benefits, overall good company
Cons: raises could have came more often.
Enjoyed my work experience in the Emergency Department as a Tech. I gain lots of knowledge in furthering my career. Very busy and staff made me feel as if this was my second home and family. Very flexible with work schedules and times.
Productive workplace
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Danville, VAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: the staff
Cons: high stress job
I worked 12 hours shifts at DRMC as an RN. Most recently I worked on the Telemetry and Step down units.

The manager on this unit is very supportive of her staff and is open to communication between herself and the staff.

I loved my co-workers on this unit. They made everyday fun and exciting.

The hardest part of this job is accepting some patients – more... will not get better and helping them and their families in the final stages of life. Even that process can be a blessing even though it is difficult.

The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know people and helping them. – less
Productive and fun
Grounds Keeper (Former Employee), Danville, VAJanuary 30, 2014
I basically took care on the grounds by picking up trash. The co-workers where awesome people to work for.
The job was different each day
Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech (Former Employee), Danville, VANovember 21, 2013
I learned something new everyday and found the work to be quite interesting.
Working in the medical field
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Danville, VANovember 18, 2013
Pros: heath benefits, good pay
Cons: laid off
I loved my job at the hospital. I was using my degree skills for my position. I loved the people I worked with. The hospital was sold out to another contractor and I was laid off.
I really enjoyed this job.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Danville, VAOctober 30, 2013
I worked here for 7 years and only left due to a death in the family. I was trained in every area of the lab except microbiology.
Horrible place...
Evs tech (Former Employee), Evs techOctober 25, 2013
Worst place I've ever worked. Management is horrible. They use fear tactics and intimidation. They treat you worst than a dog. They can't keep any help cause they mistreat people....
Good Learning Experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Danville, VASeptember 2, 2013
Pros: 12 hour shifts and more time off.
Cons: short staffed
Worked with excellent people with a lot of nursing experience.
We worked together as a team of two nurses on a unit capable of
housing up to 18 patients. We were staffed according to staffing matrix. A typical day was two nurses and one psychiatric technician, with anywhere from 8-10 patients. One nurse would be charge nurse, and would perform all patient – more... assessments. The other nurse would be the medication nurse and administer all oral, IM, or subcutaneous medications, as well as check blood sugars on diabetic patients. The hardest part of the job was being consistent and enforcing all the rules. The most enjoyable part of the job was rounding with the doctors and teaching the patients about their disorders and medications. – less
great coworkers, nice supervisors,lousy compensation
Radiology Dept Technologist (Current Employee), Danville, VAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: nice folks work here
Cons: poor compensation, understaffed, lousy benefits
Never gave us the raise they promised which was minimal anyway.
Very poor benefits/health insurance.
Understaffed throughout hospital.
Learned all different functions of the lab.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Danville, VAApril 16, 2013
Prepared computer listings for collections
Specimen processing
Call center
Courier
Unsympathetic to employees with medical issues
Clinical Associate - Step Down Unit (Former Employee), Danville, VAApril 14, 2013
Pros: only work 3 days a week
Cons: working 3 twelve hour shifts back to back. only a 30 minute lunch break, if you aren't too busy. unforgiving for sicknesses, with or without a doctor's note.
A 12 hour shifts that begin with an employee running up and down the hall and ends with the same. There is very little room for lunch or breaks. If an employee happens to catch something from a patient, DRMC does not accept doctor's notes for any type of sickness that takes an employee off the schedule. They would rather the employee come to work and – more... share it all with some of the sickest patients in the hospital. – less
Stressful environment
PROFESSIONAL NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Danville, VAMarch 21, 2013
Pros: discounted lunches
Cons: short-staffed often
As a nursing assistant, I receive report from the previous shift, I obtained vital signs and blood glucose levels for my assigned patients and reported these to the nurses. I assist patients with bathing and other ADLs and also assist them with feeding as needed. I then give report to the oncoming shift. I learned how to manage my times more efficiently. – more... My coworkers were helpful if they had time to assist me. This position was on a telemetry unit with cardiac and respiratory patients and it was stressful and very fast paced. The hardest part of this job was being the on nursing assistant on a 48 bed unit when the unit was short-staffed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping out my patients and making them as comfortable as possible. – less
Provide patient care and customer care
ED- TECH / Health Information Coordinator (Current Employee), Danville, VAFebruary 22, 2013
Cons: short lunches
On a typical day I answer phones, assist physican with ordering and documenting. I also answer patient call bells, along with assisting and informing nurse with patient information. I document patient data to get them ready for admission.
This was a good place to work
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Danville, VANovember 11, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: downsizing
I learned a lot and worked with a great bunch of people. I would have remained there until retirement if my job had not been eliminated.
Hospital
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee), Danville, VAOctober 14, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: n/a
i got to learn where all the medication were located, i got to learn how to use the robot that would disipense medicaions, it was really hard to deliver the medication to the floors because i did not know them very well. I enjoyed the employees
wonderful co-workers and benefits
Insurance Collector (Former Employee), Danville, VASeptember 18, 2012
wonderful co workers and benefits with the holidays and also the paid time off
PATIENT CARE
CNA I (Current Employee), Danville, VASeptember 7, 2012
Pros: patient care
Cons: health care
I LOVE WORKING WITH MY CO WORKER BECAUSE I PUT MORE EFFORT TO MAKE A GOOD TEAM PLAYER. I LIKE THE MANAGEMENT TEAM HERE BECAUSE THEY CINCERN ABOUT THERE WORKERS AND PATIENT. I LEARN TO BE AVAIBLE TO MY JOB AND MY PATIENT WHEN THEY NEED ME. A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK WHEN MY PATIENT WAS SO NERVOUS ABOUT GOING TO HAVE SURGERY FOR THE FIRST TIME I SAT AND TALK – more... TO THE PATIENT AND MADE HIM CALM AND EXPLAIN TO HIM ABOUT THE SURGERY AND SHOW THE PATIENT PICTURES IT MADE HIM FEEL BETTER AND AT EASE.THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB IS WHEN YOU DO ALL YOU CAN DO FOR A PATIENT AND SOME TIMES ITS DONT SEEM ENOUGH IT MAKE ME SAD WHEN THE PATIENT EXPIRES ON YOU. THATS WHEN IT HURTS BECAUSE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU DIDNT DO ALL YOU CAN AND YOU GOT ATTACH TO THE PATIENT. THATS THE HARDEST OF MY JOB.THE MOST ENJOYABLE ABOUT MY JOB IS BEING THERE TO HELP SOMEONE WHO IS IN NEED FOR HELP. – less