Danville Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Management? Where?
Clinical Associate/ Secritary (Current Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 12, 2015
Where do I start....Constant gossip. If you have an emergency and have to miss work (even if you give notice) you are put on probation. Everyone talks about EVERYONE. And you better hope your a favorite or you will get the tail end of everything. If you have to have money then take the job but if you have a different opportunity TAKE IT!!!!
benefits
Cons
pay(consitering you do more than 1 persons job most of the time), everything
very fun and productive place
C.N.A, cardiac tech telemetry EKG interpatiations (Former Employee) –  Danville Va 24541October 20, 2015
it was a very enjoyable place to work and all the co-workers and doctors were very polite and kind toward the patients. The benefits was very good and the staff was very helpful for information and loved to show you all they can.
Definitely expanded knowledge base
Pharmacy Technician III (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAAugust 16, 2015
This position was very demanding and hectic at times. But I enjoy helping people; as I felt like my work helped to save lives. A person definitely must be active to keep up with the demands; however, this didn't bother me because I stayed so busy it felt like time was flying. I was introduced to different areas of Pharmacy. I learned a lot about me and this field during this experience.
Pros
The company did things for incentives, Rep's brought us lunch from time to time
Cons
Erratic schedule
Interesting place to work with great co-workers
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAAugust 19, 2015
Multiple areas to learn, must be flexible in both people skills for co-workers and nursing skills (due to frequent floating to other floors). Personal growth encouraged
Managment is all about $ not about Patient care
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  danville vaJuly 13, 2015
i do not recommend this place. Ive met some good people but ive met alot of backstabbers. Save your time. They are only worried about the money ....
Pros
some good co workers
Cons
pay, no breaks, hours, high healthcare
Lab a very productive place with wonderul co workers
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  DANVILLE VA, 24541July 23, 2015
I like working at Danville Regional Medcial Place, because I was able to cross train in other department and learn much more.
Pros
Learn more in different areas
Cons
low pay....
n/a
evs tech (Current Employee) –  danville , vaFebruary 19, 2015
Co-Workers in department Are great,
Co-workers as in other departments are not pleasant,
Management is fine,
The hardest part of the job is the weekends when we clean entire floors by ourselves, All patient rooms,all bathrooms,all nurse and doctors areas,
the most enjoyable part of the job are the good friends(Co-workers) I get to see everyday.
Diverse Work Place
Cardiac Technician (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 1, 2015
Very high paced environment; hardest part of job is having to work with such different personalities; most enjoyable part is working with the community and nursing individuals back to health
Job summary
ED Registrar (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAFebruary 10, 2015
A typical day is running around trying to figure out which pt is in which room, what insurance they have. Trying to catch EMS as they come in, some coworkers will help you. Others don't care. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the patients. The enjoyable part is downtime
It's a job!!
CNA (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAMarch 13, 2015
Have met some very pleasant and wonderful patients. The cafeteria food is pretty good. Some co-workers are very helpful. The patient/staff ratio is very high.
Pros
some amusing, fun and entertaining staff.
Cons
cost of health insurance
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 19, 2015
Great professionals to work with. Internship helped professionally and personally. Would love to be employed here. Great management.
hard worker. care & concern for patients, good teamplayer
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Danville, VANovember 30, 2014
great co-workers, very compassionate to the patients and to one another
most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients-getting to know them ,.hobbies, and family
working to make patients.as comfortable as possible-from planning set-up to last treatment
Productive workplace
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMarch 18, 2014
I worked 12 hours shifts at DRMC as an RN. Most recently I worked on the Telemetry and Step down units.

The manager on this unit is very supportive of her staff and is open to communication between herself and the staff.

I loved my co-workers on this unit. They made everyday fun and exciting.

The hardest part of this job is accepting some patients will not get better and helping them and their families in the final stages of life. Even that process can be a blessing even though it is difficult.

The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know people and helping them.
Pros
the staff
Cons
high stress job
Unsympathetic to employees with medical issues
Clinical Associate - Step Down Unit (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAApril 14, 2013
A 12 hour shifts that begin with an employee running up and down the hall and ends with the same. There is very little room for lunch or breaks. If an employee happens to catch something from a patient, DRMC does not accept doctor's notes for any type of sickness that takes an employee off the schedule. They would rather the employee come to work and share it all with some of the sickest patients in the hospital.
Pros
only work 3 days a week
Cons
working 3 twelve hour shifts back to back. only a 30 minute lunch break, if you aren't too busy. unforgiving for sicknesses, with or without a doctor's note.
Good Learning Experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 2, 2013
Worked with excellent people with a lot of nursing experience.
We worked together as a team of two nurses on a unit capable of
housing up to 18 patients. We were staffed according to staffing matrix. A typical day was two nurses and one psychiatric technician, with anywhere from 8-10 patients. One nurse would be charge nurse, and would perform all patient assessments. The other nurse would be the medication nurse and administer all oral, IM, or subcutaneous medications, as well as check blood sugars on diabetic patients. The hardest part of the job was being consistent and enforcing all the rules. The most enjoyable part of the job was rounding with the doctors and teaching the patients about their disorders and medications.
Pros
12 hour shifts and more time off.
Cons
short staffed
voulnteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 15, 2014
I worked with a lot of people, through out the days. I helped people get to where they needed to go. I had learn how to communicate with people more. Had a lot of others workers but they didn't do what
I did because, I was they youngest person on the voulnteering staff.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
didn't have health benifits
Stressful environment
PROFESSIONAL NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMarch 21, 2013
As a nursing assistant, I receive report from the previous shift, I obtained vital signs and blood glucose levels for my assigned patients and reported these to the nurses. I assist patients with bathing and other ADLs and also assist them with feeding as needed. I then give report to the oncoming shift. I learned how to manage my times more efficiently. My coworkers were helpful if they had time to assist me. This position was on a telemetry unit with cardiac and respiratory patients and it was stressful and very fast paced. The hardest part of this job was being the on nursing assistant on a 48 bed unit when the unit was short-staffed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping out my patients and making them as comfortable as possible.
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
short-staffed often
A Great Overall Job
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAApril 3, 2014
Enjoyed my work experience in the Emergency Department as a Tech. I gain lots of knowledge in furthering my career. Very busy and staff made me feel as if this was my second home and family. Very flexible with work schedules and times.
Pros
competiable pay, decent benefits, overall good company
Cons
raises could have came more often.
Patient care
CNA I (Current Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 7, 2012
I love working with my co worker because I put more effort to make a good team player. I like the management team here because they cincern about there workers and patient. I learn to be avaible to my job and my patient when they need me. A typical day at work when my patient was so nervous about going to have surgery for the first time I sat and talk to the patient and made him calm and explain to him about the surgery and show the patient pictures it made him feel better and at ease.The hardest part of my job is when you do all you can do for a patient and some times its dont seem enough it make me sad when the patient expires on you. Thats when it hurts because you feel like you didnt do all you can and you got attach to the patient. Thats the hardest of my job.The most enjoyable about my job is being there to help someone who is in need for help.
Pros
patient care
Cons
health care
Service Excellence
RN (Former Employee) –  Last Position was in the Preop Holding AreaApril 21, 2014
Service Excellence was the name of a great program and culture we initiated in the '90s. Every person employed there went thru a 4 hour learning seminar. Each employee was empowered and it was evident in every service area as each person took personal pride in not on their job but their value to DRMC.