Danville Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Danville Regional Medical Center
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Danville, VA 24541January 11, 2018
Danville Regional Medical Center was a stressful job. Management didn't communicate with me at all. Them most enjoyable part of the job was the patients. I've learned to become a more stronger and eager person working there. The hardest part of the job was lack of communicateion.
awesome place to work
RN Resource Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danville, VANovember 2, 2017
love the education part of my job. My boss is awesome, busy unit , work with a very dedicated hard working team. Up to date equipment. EMR is a bit of a challenge.
Pros
use your employee badge to charge meds at the hospital pharmacy, lunch room, and uniforms
People were afraid for their jobs
Lab Processing Tech (Former Employee) –  Danville, VANovember 1, 2017
Somewhat boring position with little to no real training. The other employees were often cut throat and would tattle to make themselves look better. Constant undermining and bullying. Really not a fun place to work.
Excellent
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAOctober 29, 2017
A typical day is ubeat and busy. I learned how to manage multiple duties at one time. I loved the management team I worked with. The culture was very close neat. Their was nothing hard about the Job. The most enjoyable part of the Job was being able to help others,
Very difficult place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAOctober 10, 2017
The doctors do not seem to actually care about the patients, I felt as they were just looking for the money instead of taking their time with the patients. I felt like we were cattle herding instead of true patient care.

Management is reluctant to give help to their employees, therefore, causing a very stressful environment.
Pros
they matched my previous jobs salary.
Cons
working environment
friendly place to work
PT (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAJuly 22, 2017
I love the people I work with. Very friendly place to work!
Acute care has rapid patient turnover anywhere you go these days.
The subacute PT unit is small and reasonably relaxed pace.
Pros
easy commute any day of the week!
Cons
hourly position
great place to work
Administrative Director, Cardiovascular (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAJuly 19, 2017
great people dedicated to putting the patient first. The Management team is focused on providing excellent care in a culture of open communication and transparency.
Knifepoint
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJuly 6, 2017
I did not like working here, I experienced first hand how the patients are treated, and there are too many big I's and little you's. the hospital need to be cleaned.
Nice job but not enough pay
EVS Tech (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAJune 26, 2017
You do too much and get pay way less. Insurance takes half of your check. HR isn't good at all. It helps pay the bills and that's about it. No extra money
Many Opportunities
Cardiac Technician (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAJune 22, 2017
The company has provided me with many opportunities to learn. But not a place for advancement unless you are a nurse. A typical day is very quiet, you rarely see anyone from administration, unless there is a dire emergency. The culture of the workplace is great at this time.
Decent job
CA- Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJune 16, 2017
I enjoyed working here in the beginning until I discovered who the bullies were. It is difficult to do your best when you always have some looking over your shoulder and trying to find fault in your actions.
Pros
Create your own schedule
Cons
Short staffed, favoritism, and poor communication
Fun, Productive place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAJune 7, 2017
Danville Regional Medical center has been my first "big" job. I Have learned a lot and grew not only as a phlebotomist, but as a person. My time there has been enjoyed and beneficial and I look forward to what the future holds for me.
Pros
new experiences and lessons learned
Cons
short staffed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 6, 2017
have worked here for several years, has issues just like most places do. Can be a nice place to work. Recently raised the pay for nurses trying to be competitive with region
Redirecting with patience courage n communication
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 21, 2017
Behaviours are an essential vitamin to our daily lives. This is what makes us all stand out in our own characters to the interaction of being a self challenge.
Pros
Staff communication
Cons
We are missing you
because i have to review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAApril 14, 2017
long hours, not enough help on floors, nurse to patient ratio dangerous in my opinion (when the patient acuity is high), barely enough time to take a break
benefits
Cons
not enough help, stressful
DRMC Pharmacy is a Family
Technician (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAApril 11, 2017
DRMC Pharmacy is a great place to work. Many employees have been there for many years. Great teamwork. Good benefits. Hospital pharmacy gives you the chance to constantly learn. You know your work is really helping patients.
Pros
family
Cons
fast paced
Depends on what job you do if it's high demand or relaxed
Inventory Technician (Current Employee) –  Danville, VA 24541April 5, 2017
ok place to work but must know someone to move up to new jobs. Management not to trusting for the ones who do the day to day work behind the main goings on of the work place.
Pros
Pros ok work conditions
Cons
under paid
Job security and learning advancement is available.
Intern/Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMarch 25, 2017
Good place to get a start in the medical field. Most of the staff on the 6th floor are very helpful and cooperative. there is room for advancement when filed work is complete and satisfactory. The benefits are pretty good. The service provided needs improvement and the care team needs to be more respectful of patients.
Staffing issues always seemed to be an issue
RN Critical Care (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJanuary 24, 2017
The quality of care at this facility remains good. However it does have room for improvement with better nurse/patient ratios.
A great place to gain experience
EMERGENCY ROOM MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Danville, VADecember 26, 2016
Working at DRMC has been an enjoyable and beneficial for me in my career. They work with your schedule the best they can and the team work is what helps make this job so much better. I never have to go into work wondering how I'm going to get through 12 hours by myself. Everyone is so helpful and caring. I couldn't ask for better co-workers or director. The hardest part of the job is working in a life or death place that is treated like a doctors office. The ER never stops and you have to be prepared for everything. The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with and doing what I love.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long shifts with no promised breaks or lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Danville Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Danville Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location