Danville Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

because i have to review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAApril 14, 2017
long hours, not enough help on floors, nurse to patient ratio dangerous in my opinion (when the patient acuity is high), barely enough time to take a break
benefits
Cons
not enough help, stressful
DRMC Pharmacy is a Family
Technician (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAApril 11, 2017
DRMC Pharmacy is a great place to work. Many employees have been there for many years. Great teamwork. Good benefits. Hospital pharmacy gives you the chance to constantly learn. You know your work is really helping patients.
Pros
family
Cons
fast paced
Depends on what job you do if it's high demand or relaxed
Inventory Technician (Current Employee) –  Danville, VA 24541April 5, 2017
ok place to work but must know someone to move up to new jobs. Management not to trusting for the ones who do the day to day work behind the main goings on of the work place.
Pros
Pros ok work conditions
Cons
under paid
Job security and learning advancement is available.
Intern/Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMarch 25, 2017
Good place to get a start in the medical field. Most of the staff on the 6th floor are very helpful and cooperative. there is room for advancement when filed work is complete and satisfactory. The benefits are pretty good. The service provided needs improvement and the care team needs to be more respectful of patients.
Staffing issues always seemed to be an issue
RN Critical Care (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJanuary 24, 2017
The quality of care at this facility remains good. However it does have room for improvement with better nurse/patient ratios.
A great place to gain experience
EMERGENCY ROOM MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Danville, VADecember 26, 2016
Working at DRMC has been an enjoyable and beneficial for me in my career. They work with your schedule the best they can and the team work is what helps make this job so much better. I never have to go into work wondering how I'm going to get through 12 hours by myself. Everyone is so helpful and caring. I couldn't ask for better co-workers or director. The hardest part of the job is working in a life or death place that is treated like a doctors office. The ER never stops and you have to be prepared for everything. The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with and doing what I love.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long shifts with no promised breaks or lunch
review smmary
Front office clerk (Current Employee) –  Danville, VADecember 21, 2016
pre regsitar patients, go over est balance with patients, calling insurance company for per certifications, elgiblity and benefits
scan documents
DRMC Review
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Danville, VADecember 18, 2016
I have been a memeber of the DRMC team for thirtyfive years, some days my work day can be very hectic,but with the help with the pharmacy team I was able to get it done.I have learned so much working at DRMC like working together as a team to get the job done and working with my co-workers can be difficult at times but over all we pull together to get the job done.The management could use some work, I feel that when you have a problem whether it be at work or home you should be able to trust them I had to learn that the hard way but I still feel like we are family. The hardest part of the job would be trying to keep up with all the new medications,but the best part of my job is the meeting the new drug repesentative(free lunch).
Pros
Christmas parties, fee lunches
Cons
pay raises are not enough
assited with activities of daily living
CRITICAL CARE INTERNSHIP ROTATIONS (Former Employee) –  Danville, VADecember 15, 2016
Loved the environment and the people I worked with. Really enjoyed interacting with the patients and other employers. Whenever I needed help with something there was always a helping hand.
Good nurses bad management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  DrmcNovember 26, 2016
DRMC has many skilled nurses with years of experience with knowledge to share and I learned a lot from them but upper management hold you back in more ways than one. Morale is up and down, staffing is based on numbers not acuity, and the stress and headaches are always there. Nursing is a high stress job and patient care is priority one...unless it's not. And despite the best efforts of so many talented and hard working nurses it just felt like it wasn't too many times.
Pros
Great nurses who make every effort to do the best they can every day.
Cons
To much management red tape.
Stay away
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 11, 2016
Too much drama. Extremely underpaid, under appreciated and over worked with no acts of appreciation. The raises are only 1% every year no matter how good your experience is. In this particular department, even if you get "promoted" to a higher title, you don't get a pay change. Also the top lay takes about 15-20 years yo get and even then you still make less than $20 regardless of certifications and credentials. They do not pay for continuing education. There are cliques. It's just was not for me.
Pros
Free Lunches, Shift Pay, Good Resume Builder and the Vitality App
Cons
Pay, benefits, management, coworker drama, rude employees, dangerous work conditions
Horrible Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 3, 2016
Overworked and VERY underpaid. There is so much drama at this place its unreal. I felt like I was going to high school everyday, not work. The management is horrible and very dishonest. Their is a lot of cliques from coworkers, yet no action is taken no matter how far up the chain of command you go. I've cried working here multiple times just from the stress, backstabbing coworkers and supervisors and gossip. I DO NOT RECOMMEND working here. The pay raises are terrible too. You only get a 1% raise no matter how good of a performance review you get. This is a healthcare facility, a hospital meant to save peoples lives. Lifepoint destroyed this hospital. Like another reviewer said, if this is a last option, then take the job, but if you have other opportunities, then RUN!
Pros
free lunches, weekend and 2nd/3rd shift pay, have every other holiday off
Cons
terrible work enviroment and manage, ent, drama and gossip CONSTANTLY, favortism, over worked and very very underpaid, bullying and inconsistency
Unproffessional and sexist greedy people
EVS Tech/ maintenance/ delivery (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJune 7, 2016
Worked for over a year in E.V.S as one of few male techs. You are encouraged to speak as part of an open door policy however you are shamed any time you try to address a problem. Females have no problem pushing all the heavy work on men while doing nothing and making more. Horrible health insurance takes a third from your check, while not covering anything barely. All the while the c.e.o is covered 100%. Even with docs notes all absences are unexused. And a bunch of arrogant stuck up doctors and nurses who require more supervision than my 4 year old son. These are people we are supposed to go to when our lives our on the line, yet ive seen these slobs cut corners in all areas. Makes you wonder. The single most horrible place ive EVER worked. You will make under 5 dollars per hour once they suck health insurance from you.
Pros
People "FAKE" being nice
Cons
Hypocrisy and ignorant people
Fun workpalce
Systems Report Analyst (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAApril 4, 2016
i am the front desk staff which allows me to meet people,whom I love . I like when i I go to work after have several days off and you are missed. ther are no hard work when you love what you do. i just enjoy going to work.
Pros
feeling free
Cons
good people, able to work out
very fun and productive place
C.N.A, cardiac tech telemetry EKG interpatiations (Former Employee) –  Danville Va 24541October 20, 2015
it was a very enjoyable place to work and all the co-workers and doctors were very polite and kind toward the patients. The benefits was very good and the staff was very helpful for information and loved to show you all they can.
Management? Where?
Clinical Associate/ Secritary (Current Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 12, 2015
Where do I start....Constant gossip. If you have an emergency and have to miss work (even if you give notice) you are put on probation. Everyone talks about EVERYONE. And you better hope your a favorite or you will get the tail end of everything. If you have to have money then take the job but if you have a different opportunity TAKE IT!!!!
benefits
Cons
pay(consitering you do more than 1 persons job most of the time), everything
Interesting place to work with great co-workers
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAAugust 19, 2015
Multiple areas to learn, must be flexible in both people skills for co-workers and nursing skills (due to frequent floating to other floors). Personal growth encouraged
Definitely expanded knowledge base
Pharmacy Technician III (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAAugust 16, 2015
This position was very demanding and hectic at times. But I enjoy helping people; as I felt like my work helped to save lives. A person definitely must be active to keep up with the demands; however, this didn't bother me because I stayed so busy it felt like time was flying. I was introduced to different areas of Pharmacy. I learned a lot about me and this field during this experience.
Pros
The company did things for incentives, Rep's brought us lunch from time to time
Cons
Erratic schedule
Lab a very productive place with wonderul co workers
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  DANVILLE VA, 24541July 23, 2015
I like working at Danville Regional Medcial Place, because I was able to cross train in other department and learn much more.
Pros
Learn more in different areas
Cons
low pay....
Managment is all about $ not about Patient care
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  danville vaJuly 13, 2015
i do not recommend this place. Ive met some good people but ive met alot of backstabbers. Save your time. They are only worried about the money ....
Pros
some good co workers
Cons
pay, no breaks, hours, high healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Danville Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9