DAP Employee Reviews in United States

Quantity and numbers
Production Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tipp City, OHOctober 21, 2015
My job was to first collect information for the nights run and how line ran during the day..After getting info I was to then make ready the Floor Covering line for the night shift run making adjustments on equipment as well as moveing employees around for maximum production..
Pros
Was good at my job.
Cons
Core room temp often exceeded 90 degrees.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, MDSeptember 21, 2015
Great place to work with, you get to know everyone like there family, good pay and a good place to work at. Hrs are not that bad to work with.
fun place to work,learn different dap products
mixer operator (Former Employee) –  garland,txMarch 31, 2015
i work at DAP about 20 yrs ago.a good day everything going well .mechines running great.i learn how to make the product,run the big mixers & clean them when fnish.my mangers were great they all love me.i got alone with all my co workers.the hard part was lifting those fifty pound bags.but it was just like working out.the most enjoyable was pay day,i love that day every thursday.
Pros
i like eating lunch outside
Cons
love the overtime, but hate working long hours.
Long hours packaging
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 19, 2014
While working here, my job duties were the same; packaging items. I was working with about 7 people, but we all were able to work individually. The hardest part of this job was standing still in one position for such a long time. The most enjoyable aspect of this job was being able to focus only on my efficiency.
Pros
working individually
Cons
long hours standing, short breaks
Fast pace environment
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MdJuly 31, 2014
A work day typically last 10 during the weekdays and 12 hours during weekend operating hours. I have learned how work briskly while also working safely. Most employees are friendly and have a good grasp of how to work as a team. The hardest part of day happen when machines are not working properly it can very frustrating. The best part of the job is being home with my family for 3 or 4 days.
Pros
plenty of time off, plenty of overtime
Cons
chemical fumes
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 29, 2014
Professional office administrator, great ours, fun job. Room for advancement. Mordern, well maintained machines to work with and pleasant coworkers
Pros
nice clean safe work area
Cons
parking
lovely homes with some really nice people and pets
Packer, Machaine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, MDJanuary 9, 2014
if your not not a animal lover then its not for you. Lots of homes but lovely teams you work in with the fastest cleaners around.
productive fun enviorment
Forklift Operator/Shipper/Reach Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2014
order picking
i learned how to ship freight using FED EX-UPS processor
management great
exellent co-workers
hardest part dealing with HAZ MAT
mostly enjoyed the clean enviornment
Pros
management really show appreciation
Cons
n/a
Interesting to work for this company
Senior Research Chemist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 17, 2013
Very exigent about results;

Micro-management style of direction
Pros
very exigent
Cons
vp of r&d at that time was a difficult person to handle
Fast paced , competive work place , which made it a fun inviroment
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 9, 2013
We started our mornings out getting our order forms , started up the machinery , grabbed boxes , containers all other materials we may need for the day and begin filling and packing containers
I learned how to run 5 different machines
Management did not look out for their employees , it was all about the company , I felt that should have been more balanced they lost a lot of hard working people
My co-workers were a bunch of jokesters , which made for a fun day they were all great people
The hardest part of my job was lifting 130lb sand bags , when I weighed in at 122 lbs
The most enjoyable part of my job would have been breaking production records that were set by my co-workers who were all men and didn't think I could do it
Pros
my co-workers, learning new machinery, the benifits
Cons
heavy lifting
Great place to learn
Family Violence and anger management Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 12, 2013
Professional in every sense of the word. Enjoyed the work environment. A great place to learn about domestic violence and it's impact on our community. Co-workers are comsumate professionals.

This review represents my experiances while working for them on contract. I no longer do so and have been separated from them almost 5 years.
Pros
you will learn about about the issues and how they apply solutions.
Cons
somewhat short on their tolerance of employee personal issues
DAP was a great company who took care of their associates in times of need.
Logistics and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Tipp City, OHMarch 5, 2013
I would arrive at work, check emails,and conduct morning walk around to check associates and work area for potential safey hazards. I worked for the plant manager, he was a great leader, who let you get the job done with little hands on assistance. The other co-workers were outstanding to work with. Being Safety Manger was very difficult, always hoping every one followed safety procedures and reported mishaps. I the work hours were great and flexible.
Pros
great leadership team.
Cons
lived far from other family members.
dirty poor training
mechanic (Former Employee) –  north point blvd baltimoreJanuary 14, 2013
The people are nice but the managment does not see the real issues of lack of training! gave it a shot for over 90 days but there lack of viision in certian departments will make it hard to retain good employee,s
Pros
wages fair, good benifits
Cons
long hours, shifts are not flexiable
very high paced manufactoring plant
Maintenance Work Leader (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 5, 2012
dirty very dirty not a fun place to work 24/7 opperation long hours

Comment – June 18, 2012

If you like WORK,EAT,SLEEP,WORK....then this is the place for you.Having worked schedules like this in the past for years it will make a young man old FAST and forget your personal life.... marriage,relationships etc. and normal LIFE.

Productive and well organized workplace.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasFebruary 20, 2012
I enjoyed working for this company they had great job security, the benefits were excellent.Management could have been a little better and more concern about employees.
Pros
perfect attendance awards and free lunches.
Cons
short breaks.