DARCARS Automotive Group Employee Reviews

Family oriented productive
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 22, 2017
Darcars is a company that values the commitment level of their employees. There is never a dull moment in this family oriented, interactive environment. My position is very hands on so, a typical day at work consists of applying my skills directly into daily duties. One of the most important things that I not only learned, but improved on were my multitasking skills, the ability to work in a high stress environment and I have adapted more experience with working within a group. I take the initiative a lot in my position, which I don't mind, but because the environment is so fast paced, it is sometimes challenging to juggle more things at the same time. I still would not change anything because I learned so much more outside of my job description. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction level I have with the employees and customers, which makes me enjoy the culture of Darcars even more.
Pros
sometimes free lunches
Cons
healthcare
No Job Security.
Internet Sales Consultant (BDC) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Unprofessional environment. Workers used profanity all the time, and that's how they speak to one another. I had a hard time working in this environment.

No job security whatsoever. People will play nice to your face, and then stab you right in the back. People only look out for themselves.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
low pay, no job security
Slow paced environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  MDOctober 11, 2015
The pace of the office was slow but had its busy days. The management wasn't stable for a while. New manager changed how things were done so it shifted the routine and comfortability.
Pros
Got to do schoolwork
Cons
No room for growth
Productive workplace
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 12, 2015
I answer phones and assist customers with any type of concern that that have dealing with any DARCARS location. I have learned the different types of systems that are used and how to operate them. I love working with other employees and management is open-minded to a certain extent on certain things.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Compensation
The Titanic
Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 6, 2014
The company does not seem capable of getting out of its own way. Long hours are expected and time off is frowned upon. The necessary tools to do an adequate job, let alone a superior job, do not exist. The arrogance of the management is overwhelming.
Pros
good income, flexible schedule
Cons
lots of hours, change is slow
Family owned business and no work/life balance
General Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Marlow Heights, MDSeptember 25, 2012
My day at work starts with a morning meeting with my staff to review the previous day and go over leads, both sold and unsold. I distrubute tasks to my staff and then comence with my responsibilities to my supervisor. I periodically check my staff for productivity and offer assistance and coaching when needed. Sales has taught me perseverance and patience, with staff and clientes. The hardest part of my job is not being able to deliver the product the client wants due to financial issues, and my most favorite part of the day is waving goodbye to a satisfied client.
Pros
company vehicle and free gas
Cons
no work/life balance
Fun but productive environment
Porter/ Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 3, 2012
Productive and stressful environment but overall very laid back
Pros
very laid back environment
Cons
stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DARCARS Automotive Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9