DarCars Employee Reviews in United States

fun work place
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  automobile blvd silver springOctober 16, 2015
typical day at work is working either a 12 hour shift or a 8 hour shift. be able to work with computers logging in customers and making sure you satisfy your customers. Co-workers here like family we help each other.
Extremely hostile work environment at times. Managed poorly.
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 6, 2015
This company indirectly demands that certain individuals dedicate their entire lives to a cause for a small base salary and 4% commission. These individuals (Service Advisors/Assistant Service Manager-glorified title with no meaning) are obligated to achieve certain goals without the proper tools, training and managerial and staffs support to accomplish them. Some employees have great work ethics and display this by committing to performing their obligated assigned duties, but they’re the minority. The majority is individuals that are hourly paid employees that spend their time on personal phones talking and texting, on the work computer or personal devices surfing the internet while doing what I consider not enough to earn an hourly pay to collect a check. This has been bought to the attention of the Manager and totally overlooked. There is no one to share any grievances with when situations get too volatile. When concerns have been brought up to management, corrective actions very seldom take place and reinforcement of rules to make an operations smooth is never an option. There are several parts of this job that was hard, but the hardest part was trying to have a personal life after you (a Service Advisor) has worked 12 hours plus a day each week, off every other Saturday, sometimes every 3rd Saturday. One thing I have learned is that it is validated as a fact, in order to have a quality staff, vet individuals properly with thorough background checks, pre and random drug screenings and aptitude testing. Another thing is Darcars is part of a Bizarro World. The right way,  more... is the wrong way and the wrong way, is the right way.  less
Pros
It was close to my residence
Cons
Too many to list
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Relation Representative (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 3, 2015
Working at DARCARS is amazing. The environment is great. My manager is amazing my co workers are even better. We are are a big family here.
It wasn't to hatefull working for Darcars
Sales Consultant; Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Carollton, MDAugust 4, 2014
*A typical day at work
1. Working 12 hour shifts

* What you learned
1. Lots of management skills

* Your Co-workers
1. Co-workers did not know how to work together

* The hardest part of the job
1. Not enough time off of work

* The most enjoyable part of the job
1. Working with customers, and selling cars
Pros
good pay
Cons
no days off
where it started
Porter / Painters Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring , MDJune 15, 2012
first real job 9-6 making nice money great room for advancement wherever you would choose to go in the company whether it be working on cars from engine maintinence to body work on the cars to sales , to service or even accounting
Gret hands-on experience
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 29, 2014
Darcars accounting office is your typical HR/Accounting office where I assist the office with answering incoming/outgoing phone calls, checked and replied to emails, set meetings, made sure office was stocked with the proper materials to work on a daily bases, filed, fax and completed other office duties that where told. Very friend, fun and joyful staff.
I rather be homeless!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VaOctober 22, 2013
Bad place for an accomplished sales professional. They will promise you the world and you will slowly starve to death. LONG hours too! Forget about it! I am gone......just as soon as McDonald's calls!
Pros
zero
Cons
zero
great company
Automotive Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJuly 10, 2014
long hours but many opportunities to makes sales with internet leads, phone leads and walk in customers
It's a great job
auto body shop/cashier (Former Employee) –  washington DCSeptember 7, 2014
if need to know about your car, work a bodyshop to get to know the lingo.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
know discount
wonderful car sales environment
New and Used Car Sales (Former Employee) –  hyattsville mdOctober 10, 2012
wonderful car sales environment, sold new and used cars, acquired bonuses for sales of different units. and also volume of units sold
Pros
the ability to make bonuses for your sales and free lunch on saturdays
Cons
if you dont sale units you make minimum wage
fun working with people
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 26, 2013
I am a strong people person and i really enjoyed working with people and my job was the best I was a great team player
Pros
getting to meet people
Cons
healthcare
Great work environment
Front desk/administrative (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 19, 2012
Working as a receptionist at Darcars help me improved my customer service and my typing skills.i enjoyed intereacting with customers and making sure that all their questiion are answers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no cons
It's a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDDecember 4, 2012
What i learned from working there was.
:How to fax and forms, use the switchboard

:How to schedule appointment for customer who bring their vehicle to get service

:Not enough coworkers for Lunch break
Cons
lunches break, new managment
productive, reliable work
Inventory/Lot attendant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring,MDOctober 3, 2013
A typical day at Darcar shipping and recieving of cars of all makes and models. Keeping up with inventory.
Pros
free lunch on saturday
Cons
recieving unexpected work