Darden Restaurants Employee Reviews

Great
Server for Eddie V's Prime Seafood (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 11, 2017
Great restaurant to work for. The menu is delicious and the atmosphere is upscale and classy. The tips are always good, as long as its people who know how to tip.
Pretty chill workplace
Customer Service Host (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 8, 2017
Typical day at work consisted of lots of standing and very little breaks. I enjoyed the culture as a high school student working with students from the UA.
Pros
weekly pay and fixed hours
Cons
short to no breaks
Very friendly coworker and great manager
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 7, 2017
I love to work in Olive Garden , its competitive pay and very nice people. They care all the employees, and you are family once you work in darden company
Great place
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 6, 2017
Love Darren people are amazing good culture amazing food high pride very busy lunch and dinner rush I manage 17 people who are all unique in there own way but we all work well together
Pros
Great people
Cons
can be very busy
Premier seafood restaurant in the country. Fresh Fish and shellfish. safe and clean environment. great benefits.
Server/Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vienna, WVDecember 1, 2017
Premier seafood restaurant in the country. Fresh fish and shellfish... safe and clean environment . Great benefits. Didn't find anything hard but challenging. I liked being able to describe the different types of seafood we offered with great customer service.
Pros
very rewarding in all aspect.
Cons
Always open on holidays
Enjoyable work place
Host / Service Assistant / Server (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 28, 2017
Darden restaurants are a great place to work at. They have been successfully running restaurants for years now. They know how to keep their employees happy, their guests satisfied, but also keep up with the times. They have recently incorporated a rewards program, and delivery option in some of their stores!
A great place to work!
Payroll Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 28, 2017
Working for a Fortune 500 company makes you feel very proud and makes you want to work hard. Recognition on company efforts is encouraged and the work/life balance is promoted.
Pros
Competitive pay/benefits. Discounts at the restaurants
Cons
Year end!
Certified trainer and Server Role
Certified Trainer and Server (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 26, 2017
A typical day at the office entails 100% guest delight. I have learned working for such an outstanding company for so many years that what you put into each and every day, you will get out two fold. The workplace culture is positive and upbeat. The hardest part of the job is making sure not only you are happy at the end of the day but everyone feels the same way you do. The most enjoyable part of the job is making each and every individual you meet every day smile and happy they chose your establishment to dine.
Fast Paced
Server (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 21, 2017
Fast Paced but rewarding work environment. Gives employees the opportunity to bring home enough money to sustain a decent lifestyle and save a little. I would reccommend working here.
Good job, management needs help
Hostess and To-Go Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GANovember 21, 2017
They do give you a chance to move up in the company for sure! But they give it to just anybody, that’s why management is poor.

Sometimes (most of the time) there is no order. Managers prioritize other things while the kitchen is very backed up and they need help
Pros
Discount meals
Awesome
Grill Master (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 20, 2017
Best job experience I ever had. A great way to learn customer service satisfaction and also another great opportunity that this company provides is schooling
Wooster longhorn dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHNovember 20, 2017
They don't care for dishwashers. It hard dirty and stressful and as a dishwasher they let ppl walk allover you. But starting at $12 hr is nice but not worth it
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Vary stressful
Fast paced but really fun
Hostess/Busser (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 19, 2017
On days that are really busy, it can get a bit disorganized but the team helps each other in order to finish a task faster and and accurate. The managers are always there to help as well.
Was geat at the time
Sales & Service Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 14, 2017
This was a great company to work for at this time in my life. Now the work life balance would not be something that I could adjust to as it is not conducive to a family environment.
productive, very fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 13, 2017
enjoyed my experience working for Darden. Overall a great company to work for just for me and my family a better work life balance as far as hours went.
positive, high pace environment new challenges daily.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 9, 2017
Working with Darden has been a positive experience with a very flexible schedule. The mgr staff has been very supportive. It has been a great part-time job.
Pros
great schedule
Cons
no benifits
great foundation for a first real job
CREW MEMBER SERVER (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 2, 2017
fast paced, quick money, friendly people. I learned how to truly multi-task in a restaurant setting. I like coming in on a busy day and making about $200 cash in four hours.
Pros
on/off anytime requested
Cons
some holidays were manadtory
Wonderful enviornment , spacious . Meaning good for great control of physical awareness and teaches how too control decreasing/rising body tempatures
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 2, 2017
Co Worker insults is not at all etiquite in self awareness, The lanky shaved headed manager was extremely unreasonable selfish/thoughtless creature . All Crew members aren't entitled to the dishwashers boss title position . .
Pros
employees were allowed to indulge in all cooks ; cooking
Cons
allowed too smoke a cigarette without getting caught by head shift manager
working in a fast pace envirnment
Longhorn Steakhouse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 28, 2017
Everyday was pretty much a balanced pace, throughout the day we would have certain waves of people that came in. Nothing dramatic, our biggest harp was on keeping the primary foods stocked up. what i've learned from working there was how to adjust to the different environment in a fast paced setting, an aside from the desserts an other foods we have to fry, it did not take long for me to get the hang of things. Our managers were cool, they always keep busy an for the most part they treated people with respect. I would say the most hardest part was getting use to the new orders ad the time that they needed to be fried, I'd often over cook something an it kills when you have to re-due an order. What i enjoyed was my co-workers, they'd always find a way to make me laugh no matte what it was
Fun Environment and Great money
Service Professional/Server/Expo (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 24, 2017
The Capital Grille Part of Darden is quite a place to work. Great money, the hours are not that demanding, but if you want to advance in your career, you need to make sure your management likes you. They seem to have favorites (at least at my location) where they will help advance those in their "inner circle" regardless of competency.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedules
Cons
bad healthcare, biased management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Darden Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.