Darden Restaurants Employee Reviews in United States

Jammed pack day full of busy and overall happy dispositioned people
Staffing Manager/ Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 10, 2016
A typical day begins with many greetings to employees who are getting ready to end or begin their shifts. The day always begins with checking areas to make sure that the building and restaurant meets standards that are safe for patrons and staff. I learned alot about handling situations in a calm quick manner under extreme pressure.
Pros
becoming well versed in many different job qualifications
Cons
Rules and regulations consistently overlooked to reach the bigger picture of money and sales goals
Productive, but the environment is horrible.
Longhorn Steakhouse (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 18, 2016
I thought this would have been a good job for me, but it wasn't. It was a good job at first since it was my first job, but now that I'm graduated high school I want something more beneficial. I want to make more money and get more hours and work longer shifts. I would just walk in, managers would start yelling and complaining to me for no reason. Only a couple managers I actually liked. Only a couple associates I liked. People were always trying to ask to take my shift. I have bills to pay too. It was alright whenever we got busy. They changed the rules and since I'm currently still a host there, there can only be one host working Monday-Friday.
Pros
Never live paycheck to paycheck.
Cons
Stopped giving me hours, so I was making no money.
Darden Co. ( longhorn Steakhouse)
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAMay 23, 2016
Working at Longhorn as a line cook I thoroughly enjoyed most of the people I worked with. The crew was amazing and it really did feel like a family. The crew environment really made me want to come to work.
Unfortunately, the management and scheduling was extremely poor. The distribution of work versus the wages that workers were making was extremely skewed.
As a line cook I was regularly only scheduled for about 30 hours but often on my days off be pressured into working. ( I did not mind the extra hours but these days were days I had taken off months in advance that I ended up having to work anyway)
Pros
Awesome people and fast paced exciting enviorment
Cons
No breaks or food for periods of 10+ hours
Great place for advancement through strong work ethic.
Service Professional (Current Employee) –  KansasJune 28, 2016
Very family oriented team members, as well as management. Flexible for most employees and very accommodating for young students with busy schedules. Not great for spending evening at home with your children as it requires long late hours.
Pros
Great food, good environment, great staff and management.
Cons
Long/late hours, missing special time with child
Enjoyable Work Place
Hostess/ Waitress/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 14, 2016
Not what I expected...
If you are looking at this place for employment, I will leave you to be the judge!
It is fast paced while it has its slow moments.
It really is a stable place to work seeing as how I was employed there for 4+ years!!!
Pros
All you can eat buscuits, 50% discount
Cons
Unpredictable shifts
Always going and Always busy
Server Professional, To-Go Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hurstbourne, KYJuly 13, 2016
Answering phones, taking carry out orders, taking care of tables (serving), walking guest to there seats (hosting), management is great and treated everyone with respect, Loved everything about this job.
Pros
the discounts for food and everything
Cons
not enough hours
Management Is Not Protected
Service and Staffing and Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 18, 2016
While General Managers and Team Members are protected and offered job security, Managers are dispensable. There is little to no work-life balance. Managers are expected to work at least 50 hours per week with no guaranteed break. As a manager, there are days I am in the building for 12 hours without being allowed to step outside for fresh air, let alone sit down to eat a meal.
Pros
Employee Discounts, 401K
Cons
Upper Management, Job Security
great co workers and love the guest
Chef/Server (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 12, 2016
the people that i worked with was almost like family. everybody always made sure that everybody else was taken care of. the management staff could have been better and the money was not worth the time unfortunately. with a better salary it would have been a better job.
Pros
the family of your co workers
Cons
large amounts of your income was gratuity based
Sustainable Growth
Front of House Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAFebruary 18, 2016
Darden is a company that has been consistent to change and improve their practices as the market demands it. They're focused on delivering great service and have a plan to do so. However with the staff they continuously hire in they will not be able to implement this successfully. The buy in that they have is not there from their employees and their management staff is not willing to step up and have it addressed immediately. The management staff needs to be leaders and support through recognition, coaching and development.
Pros
Potential for Growth
Cons
Management and Staff not qualified for Vision
Fast paced environment
Host, Bartender, TOGO, Server (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, FLMarch 25, 2016
My job is very fast paced. I take care of peoples needs when dining out. I have learned how to care for peoples needs and how to be better organized for each situation. The hardest part is when we get really busy and have a line out the door. I love helping people and making their visit enjoyable.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
no breaks
Proven leader ,people developer and Self starter
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSMay 3, 2016
I daily recruit, hire train and lead a team of diverse individuals whos goal is to delight and nourish each and every patron. As a leader I ensure that the employees working for me also get the same respect and nurturing that we give our guest.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
n/a
Easy and worth the hassle
Server (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 23, 2016
It was very fun to work there. The management staff is a little wishy washy and you can get different answers from different people. I liked talking to customers and getting to know people. You certainly make life long friends at any restaurant environment.
Cons
short breaks
I love darden
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2016
I have grown so much working for one of the leaders in the restaurant industry. Leading a team, and being a leader, managing time and getting it done. It is sad that 80% of managers do not make it past two years. If it were not for the high turnover, and constant turmoil I would still be there today.
Enjoyable yet semi-stressful
Server (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 17, 2016
Overall I enjoyed my experience at Bahama Breeze Restaurant. I am a great fit for the server position due to my great social and communication skills. I enjoyed the company of my co-workers who appreciated me lending a hand whenever they needed. The management was sub-par. Most of my difficult situations could be directly associated with a lack of proper management. I rarely point fingers but there are some tasks that cannot be effectively handled without a quality manager. Aside from that, developing relationships with frequent guest made the experience worth it. I felt appreciated by those who mattered. Considering tips were my wages, the guests seemed to compensate me highly.
Pros
half-off meals, great co-workers, independent work
Cons
odd hours, short notice schedules, poor management
Great Company to work for
Nanny/ Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAFebruary 3, 2016
I have been with this company for over nine years and love the environment, benefits, employees, and management. I have learned how to be a better team player as well as how to give exceptional customer service. In addition, I have had the opportunity to learn leadership skills through their Certified personal trainer program as well as the certified culinary professional position. Being a leader in my profession, has set a higher standard for myself which has lead to the work ethic and drive that I have today. I have come to know and respect my fellow employee and management staff and look forward to see them grow as I hope to continue to do as well.
Pros
Benefits, energentic environment, room to advance
Cons
pay, hours
Nice to work with them
UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2016
My time with this company was heavily based on hitting a set number of dials each day and was overseen by a outstandingly difficult manager who is no longer with the company, but was the catalyst for myself and many others to seek employment elsewhere.
Typical serving job
Server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 28, 2016
Co-workers were fun to work with, management had their days, but overall it wasn't different than any other serving job. Money was okay, would have to work 11-12 hours straight through to make $100 sometimes, was in a bad location for making money.
Fast Paced Work With A Lot Of Cowboy And Ranches
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMarch 28, 2016
I did have my good days and bad days there, but it was never short of a great time every shift I worked. Typical day would vary, there were the slow lunch shifts, and then the fast paced nights, though sometimes stressful, I would go back. The management wasn't always on top I felt like; Sometimes I felt looked down upon and favoritism was a big part. I did always have a smile on my face regardless of how I was treated, I respected my managers at all times. I would say the hardest part of the job was working our busiest nights and powering through the immense stress that was put on top of me even when I thought I was breaking. Some employees there treated me like family, like a sister, some weren't the best kinds of people at times, my coworkers were the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Half price steak lunches/dinners as well as other menu items, Fun people.
Cons
The ongoing drama that seemed to go around at all times, favoritism
A political atmosphere but the guest made it fun
server (Former Employee) –  arkansasFebruary 8, 2016
Multi task and team player is an essential for this job. Also a hard shell and respect for others. The most difficult aspect is brushing off the negativity from other people. However if you don't take it personally, which you should not, then just move on and do your job and enjoy your day!
Pros
free meals, fast paced, meeting new people
Nice people to work with, but some can be unproductive and effect the work place.
Busser (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 25, 2016
Disliked that I was the one working hard the most and managers couldn't see my fellow co-workers slack off and be unproductive compared to my own work.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Bad co-workers

Darden Restaurants Reviews by Location