Darden Restaurants

Darden Restaurants Employee Reviews

Fast and Fabulous
Certified trainer, Customer Service & Sales (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 23, 2017
I loved working for Olive Garden. Management was always flexible, supportive, encouraging and positive to work with. The opportunities at Olive garden are only limited by your willingness to put in.
Pros
Flexability, Opportunities and Environment
Cons
Sometimes hectic
Negative and positive
Server (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 22, 2017
There were good and bad parts to working for red lobster. Our management came and went so fast that it was up to us servers to take up a lot of slack and really pull our weight to get through even a moderately busy evening
Great food, good money.
Server, Bartender, and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 22, 2017
Lucrative place to work, good service culture and fairly objective management. Not a lot of diversity, however. Be prepared to be reviewed and secretly shopped often, so always come with your A game to work. There is always continuous educatin (food, wine and cooking preparation) so be prepared for quizzes and random tests. Overall, a good company to work for. I worked at Capital Grille for almost 4 years then came back a few years later to another Darden franchise.
Pros
Money and benefits.
Cons
You'll never eat sitting down.
An upscale restaurant in Manhattan
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 19, 2017
I really enjoyed working at The Capital Grille because of the way all of the employees worked together as a team. Everyone treated the guest as if they were guest in our homes. We all worked together, when one needed help whether it was in our job description or not, we helped each other! I enjoy keeping things in order so running the front was fun for me.
Pros
free lunches
productive
Olive Garden (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 13, 2017
My work day is very productive. Working for Darden Resturants I have experienced that timing is everything. The management is great. Everyone treats each other with respect.The most enjoyable part of my job is greeting the guests.
Good Benefits
Service Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 13, 2017
Limited advancement opportunities. More opportunities to contractors rather than FT team members. Hardly any work/life balance. Pay and benefits are above par.
Good
Olive Garden (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 12, 2017
It is a very good company to work, give you help and they are flexible when it comes to give you a schedule, respecting the own opinion and a good environment to work
My first kitchen job
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 11, 2017
So, this was odd position for me to be given. I went into my interview applying for a server or a host, after talking with the kitchen manager he thought I had what it took (without any kitchen experience whatsoever) to be a kitchen expo for a very busy restaurant. I tackled the challenge and succeeded. It took some time to get a hang of running the whole kitchen from the dishes getting done to the plates of food being run out to our customers! Management was good however lack communication skills with its employees. I enjoyed working here and thought it was a good experience to add to my resume.
Pros
Free food!!!
Cons
Very hot in that kitchen
Fun social work enviornment
Server (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHMarch 10, 2017
At times management could be a little unstructured but at the end of the day, we always ended as a team. From time to time we struggled with favoritism, which made the staff poorly function as a team at times. It was a family oriented place which was amazing, team and management proceeded to encourage advancement, a lot of coaching and constructive criticism.
Pros
Food sampling, customer experience, cash handling
Cons
15 minute breaks
Og/rl
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 7, 2017
I worked for both Olive Garden and Red Lobster. They were both great places to work. I learned about customer service, how to react to certain personality types, and how to care for a customer that was upset or hungry.
Pros
discounts, make my own money, great team
Cons
I'm a non smoker- end up taking care of all tables when smokers disappear to smoke.
Terrible All Around
Server/Host/Busser (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMarch 6, 2017
Awful workplace environment, terrible management (managers would come in drunk and had been known to assault female employees), no chance to advance unless you were willing to do "favors", and wretched pay. The only pro was that all the employees were like family and we were a good support group.
Pros
Famill-like coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Great job for a student or someone looking for a second means of income
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of making sure the dining room is neat and orderly, running food to the proper tables, resetting tables for new customers, making sure all customers are well taken care of.
Great opportunity to serve a diverse group of guests.
Server at Olive Garden (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2017
Though sometimes things were out of order behind the scenes, it was pleasant in that I got a chance to serve the public. That is something I truly have a heart for so that made it worth while for me above all else.
Overall Fun Place to be
Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 19, 2017
For the most part it is a lot of repetition. Once you learn what to do and how to perfect it the steps will be super easy. Keeping your guests happy should be the main goal. In return you are tipped for your excellent service following the olive garden standards.
Pros
50% discounts on the days that you work, 25% discounts when you go to any Darden restaurants, build relationships
Cons
Many times no breaks, constant required service to ALL GUESTS NO MATTER WHAT.
great
Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIFebruary 14, 2017
waiting on tables, bartending
prep food items
becoming a seafood expert
the hardest part of the job would be dealing with unruly guests. Sometimes the customer isn't always right
Best food company to work for ever!
Server (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INFebruary 8, 2017
I love serving so I loved my job. I worked very few hours with competitive pay. The company was involved with the community.I also enjoyed the diversity of people that I worked with and took care of as a server.
Pros
Great pay and free food, 401k
Cons
not always time for a break
large company with a great culture
Service Manager/Culinary Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 8, 2017
great hours and benifits. learned alot about working for a super large company. Has a huge support team that helps managers in the field
Host and To Go Specialists (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 6, 2017
You encounter a lot of people, ones you know and ones yo don't know. Some of them are kind as can be and others not so much. You're always moving, if you're not then I'm pretty sure you could be there is always something to do. We have a great staff and we all feel accepted by each other, obviously, we are still human and aren't perfect but we try our best. The hardest part would be the pace of it when it gets busy or the days you work because they are not always convenient to your schedule. The best part is interacting with the guests and the team!
Cons
no breaks
Different departments are disconnected from each other
Construction and Facilities (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32837February 4, 2017
There are too many "smoke stack" motivations by departments. Separate teams work well within the team but not well with each other.
Professional and sophisticated
BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 3, 2017
The Capital Grille is a fine dining establishment that offers great food and an extensive wine list. Working here is fast paced during the holidays and sees a slight dip in business during the summer months. Costa Mesa is in proximity to many tourist destinations an under 20 minutes from John Wayne Airport, which makes it ideal for travelers looking for a consistent, high quality meal.
Pros
family meal, 25% discounts
Cons
working holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Darden Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

Darden Restaurants Reviews by Location