Darden Restaurants Employee Reviews

Fun and great atmosphere
Olive Garden server busser (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 11, 2017
Great customer service and educational place to work.
Strong team work and strong place to advance in multiple functions of the restaurant. Great environment fun loving atmosphere.
It's a click
Pizza Maker and apps (Former Employee) –  Yard House OrlandoApril 5, 2017
This place is great if you fit into their little click that they have. If you don't fit into what they want or you're a little different you'll never get promoted and they will find ways to get you out. They will write you up for something and if that would happen to someone in their crew that they like the look the other way and not write that person up. I thought all clicks orgone in high school but Darden Restaurants or Yard House that is a part of their culture. They want to know about every part of your life but then if you tell them they use it against you. The management is a joke at best
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Sorry managers that think they are above you. The managers are a joke
It was fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 5, 2017
I honestly loved working here it was so fun because I felt like I was working with my friends. You just grow as a family. However managers can be rude and insensitive. The management is always changing. the money was not that great. They did work with school schedule but that's it. They write you up for anything even if its out of your control.
Pros
Coworkers are fun
Cons
Money, scheduling
Fun place to work!
Server Pro (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 5, 2017
Darden hires great people and personalities! The benefits have been great and working there has helped me create a very large professional network!I have enjoyed working at Darden!
Great Company for Students
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  NJMarch 30, 2017
Provides the opportunity for flexibile hours, with opportunities to still make decent earnings for Students.

Also provides opportunities for growth within the company and industry. Due to the large number of sister companies within the Darden brand.
Pros
Flexibile hours
Cons
Late hours - nights/weekends
Great people with great teamwork.
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 28, 2017
This was one of my favorite jobs because I got to meet so many new people, some of whom I am still in contact and my children are now friends with their children.
Friendly and comfortable place to work
Senior Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 28, 2017
I worked at OG for 10 years, I met many managers and had many coworkers. I liked working for this company. We had training sessions, we were constantly informed of new policies and our managers were always approachable. This is a good place to work.
I needed a full time job where I could make more money, this was the reason for me to leave this company.
Pros
good people to work for
Cons
part time
Darden
Director - Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 28, 2017
Great company, and great culture with solid compensation/benefits, but the work life balance scores a zero. Weekend and night work is constantly expected to keep up with an unbelievable workload.
Pros
Fun, progressive, beautiful corporate campus
Cons
Workload is unbelievable, you'll lose your nights and weekends
ouch
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCMarch 27, 2017
no input accepted...Darden is the jolly green giant and is too caught up on who they were once were, Too much of a mindset their **** does not stink and do it like this because we always have and it works. Rigid to change.
Fast and Fabulous
Certified trainer, Customer Service & Sales (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 23, 2017
I loved working for Olive Garden. Management was always flexible, supportive, encouraging and positive to work with. The opportunities at Olive garden are only limited by your willingness to put in.
Pros
Flexability, Opportunities and Environment
Cons
Sometimes hectic
Negative and positive
Server (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 22, 2017
There were good and bad parts to working for red lobster. Our management came and went so fast that it was up to us servers to take up a lot of slack and really pull our weight to get through even a moderately busy evening
Great food, good money.
Server, Bartender, and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 22, 2017
Lucrative place to work, good service culture and fairly objective management. Not a lot of diversity, however. Be prepared to be reviewed and secretly shopped often, so always come with your A game to work. There is always continuous educatin (food, wine and cooking preparation) so be prepared for quizzes and random tests. Overall, a good company to work for. I worked at Capital Grille for almost 4 years then came back a few years later to another Darden franchise.
Pros
Money and benefits.
Cons
You'll never eat sitting down.
An upscale restaurant in Manhattan
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 19, 2017
I really enjoyed working at The Capital Grille because of the way all of the employees worked together as a team. Everyone treated the guest as if they were guest in our homes. We all worked together, when one needed help whether it was in our job description or not, we helped each other! I enjoy keeping things in order so running the front was fun for me.
Pros
free lunches
productive
Olive Garden (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 13, 2017
My work day is very productive. Working for Darden Resturants I have experienced that timing is everything. The management is great. Everyone treats each other with respect.The most enjoyable part of my job is greeting the guests.
Good Benefits
Service Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 13, 2017
Limited advancement opportunities. More opportunities to contractors rather than FT team members. Hardly any work/life balance. Pay and benefits are above par.
Good
Olive Garden (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 12, 2017
It is a very good company to work, give you help and they are flexible when it comes to give you a schedule, respecting the own opinion and a good environment to work
My first kitchen job
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 11, 2017
So, this was odd position for me to be given. I went into my interview applying for a server or a host, after talking with the kitchen manager he thought I had what it took (without any kitchen experience whatsoever) to be a kitchen expo for a very busy restaurant. I tackled the challenge and succeeded. It took some time to get a hang of running the whole kitchen from the dishes getting done to the plates of food being run out to our customers! Management was good however lack communication skills with its employees. I enjoyed working here and thought it was a good experience to add to my resume.
Pros
Free food!!!
Cons
Very hot in that kitchen
Fun social work enviornment
Server (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHMarch 10, 2017
At times management could be a little unstructured but at the end of the day, we always ended as a team. From time to time we struggled with favoritism, which made the staff poorly function as a team at times. It was a family oriented place which was amazing, team and management proceeded to encourage advancement, a lot of coaching and constructive criticism.
Pros
Food sampling, customer experience, cash handling
Cons
15 minute breaks
Og/rl
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 7, 2017
I worked for both Olive Garden and Red Lobster. They were both great places to work. I learned about customer service, how to react to certain personality types, and how to care for a customer that was upset or hungry.
Pros
discounts, make my own money, great team
Cons
I'm a non smoker- end up taking care of all tables when smokers disappear to smoke.
Terrible All Around
Server/Host/Busser (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMarch 6, 2017
Awful workplace environment, terrible management (managers would come in drunk and had been known to assault female employees), no chance to advance unless you were willing to do "favors", and wretched pay. The only pro was that all the employees were like family and we were a good support group.
Pros
Famill-like coworkers
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Darden Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval