Darden Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
Nanny/ Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAFebruary 3, 2016
I have been with this company for over nine years and love the environment, benefits, employees, and management. I have learned how to be a better team player as well as how to give exceptional customer service. In addition, I have had the opportunity to learn leadership skills through their Certified personal trainer program as well as the certified culinary professional position. Being a leader in my profession, has set a higher standard for myself which has lead to the work ethic and drive that I have today. I have come to know and respect my fellow employee and management staff and look forward to see them grow as I hope to continue to do as well.
Pros
Benefits, energentic environment, room to advance
Cons
pay, hours
great place to work for works with my schedule
Highest sales (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 18, 2016
the work is simple because I love making people happy that's why i'm in costumer service i've learn a lot more about labor hours and actual food and wine and how to pair them together
Pros
i always won the wine sales contest which results in extra cash, such as valentines day i won an extra $100
Cons
always fast paced ...but i don't mind it (I'm young still)
Productive and fun place to work.
Olive Garden (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARDecember 21, 2015
I enjoy working for Olive Garden. The people I work with are a joy to be around. We have a great management team. They do everything they can to make sure that we are happy, the guest are happy and that the restaurant is in great condition. I can say that there is never a dull moment at work. You can always count on people to make you laugh, make you feel important and even some times make you a little frustrated. I would have to say the hardest part of being a server at Olive Garden is not knowing how much money you're going to make from tips.
Pros
Great team, great food, fun place to work.
Cons
benefits, disrespect, unsure finances.
fast paced environment
server (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 15, 2015
Handled customer interactions.
Handled cash/credit transactions.
Worked in a fast paced environment.
Worked on my feet for hours at a time.
great place to work
Red Lobster (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHDecember 13, 2015
the guest truly made it an awesome place to work, looked forward to going in every day. loved spoiling my guest. management was awesome and made some great friends along the way.
Pros
fifty percent of lunches
Cons
no breaks
Productive and Fun Work Place
Server (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 17, 2015
A typical day was made up of serving guest, taking orders, running food, and providing friendly service. the management group was friendly yet maintained authority.
Cleanest kitchen I have ever worked in
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 28, 2015
Very good practices for food preparation and sanitation. Quality ingredients and a knowledgeable staff. Plenty of options for advancement. Hours can be rough
fun place
server (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLSeptember 28, 2015
menu is fun
schedule needs working
management picks and chooses which was very unprofessional for me
they do worry about guest
when terry the big boss isn't around
i feel like it worked allot better when the gm was on vacation remember though this is only my opinion
Agreat place with great friends
Server (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDSeptember 24, 2015
I love every part of being a server. The people I work with are what I look forward to every day. Darden is making it increasingly difficult to serve the guest. As a service professional I take great pride in the work I do and I'm unhappy with the path this company is choosing to take.
day in the life at olive garden
To Go! Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonvile, FLSeptember 24, 2015
I currently for Olive Garden, a typical day at work includes interacting with guests, answering the phones, taking messages, taking and filling orders and cashing out servers and running end of day reports and filing close paperwork and doing backdrops.
Pros
50 percent off employee meals
usual hosting.
Host (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 23, 2015
A typical day at work included, greeting every guest, using proper rotation to figure out the perfect seat and the perfect server for the guest. Walk the guest to their table with the proper items (menus, silverware, and necessary kids menus) when guest is sat, explaining the ziosk menus and repeating with each guest. A typical day also includes side work such as cleaning bathroom, sweeping foyer, cleaning ziosks and emptying ashtrays.
Pros
soup and salad for only $1.50 on breaks. coworker communication
Cons
management communication.
Not a good company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lady LakeSeptember 15, 2015
A typical day starts very early and seems to never end, very long hours not a lot of life outside of work. I did learn a lot and become FoodSafe certified
Productive, fun, family oriented culture
Service Agreement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2015
Loved working here. Company took real good care of employees. Great opportunities to learn and grow. Management did an incredible job of supporting the employees.
N/A
Culinary Professional (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 14, 2015
Good company, with great managers just needs to modernize many things about this concept in order to survive in this market.
Management had some problems.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 24, 2015
Management at this location had some issues but overall Darden Corp. Is An excellent Company. Benefits are really good with ample chance to mive up.
Very good work life balance
Senior Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros
- The compensation in information technology is reasonable.
- Under the level of manager there is at least one work from home day.
- Relaxed environment.
- Cafe, dry cleaner, gym, coffee shop, and wellness center inside the building
- Good parking

Con
- Not stable right now. They may sell off more parts of the company
- Not really good people leaders in IT.
- Just like many other places politics play a large role in you getting to do the type of work you want to do.
Company went down hill fast
Regional Hiring and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 8, 2015
The company changed their focus from quality to quantity and it showed. Not making product in house anymore everything was outsourced. Focus was not longer on guests but now saving labor and lowering costs.
Pros
job security
Cons
everything else
Serving is not for everyone but serving for a corporate company makes it very difficult.
Server/Host /Togo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 3, 2015
I constantly had guests who were pretty much trying to get free meals, you could have given them the greatest service of your career and they'd be unhappy sadly even though many times the managers knew what was happening they would NOT back you up if corporate was called or if someone complained. I cannot lie however there are also great days where you have amazing guests who can many times become your regulars and some days you can make up to $250 in one day but if management doesn't look out for you as their employee well it's pretty much pointless because as easily as you can make those $250 during an off season you can end up going home with just $20 in your pocket.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
not a consistent income
Good company
Staffing & Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashua NHApril 30, 2015
Great Job security they are always busy, they hire great people. very hard to get terminated. bonus system is now terrible.
Fast pace and fun to work
Beth Adkins Manager (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIApril 27, 2015
This is a fast pace and fun to work at if you enjoy seafood, the days start early and only on some occasion have to stay late. Management is good and very smart on there jobs. They offer half off on lunches and dinners.