Student Internship Job Description
Do you want to gain leadership skills and be prepared for life after college? Do you like the idea of running your own small business over the summer? The Dardis Academy is the ultimate gateway from classroom to career. We provide exceptional leadership training to young entrepreneurs through real-world business experiences—giving students the competitive edge they need in their careers and life. We are often referred to as the “Real World MBA”. There is simply no other job opportunity or internship program for college students like ours. Our professional training helps students learn what it takes to run a successful small business. The Dardis Academy offers real-life experiences from the moment a student is accepted into the program. A summer with Dardis is a game changer, and there is no other experience that looks as good on a resume.
The 10 Week Challenge
Students participate in the Academy (end of May or early June), which is a week long, skills-based training session in Des Moines, IA or Chicago, IL. Topics covered include, but are not limited to: presentation skills, selling skills, professional presence and image, business writing, and time and territory management.
Following the Academy, students return to their hometown ready to apply their skills. They are fully trained and know how to manage their schedule, approach prospective customers, demonstrate professional communication skills, deliver an impressive presentation highlighting our products features and benefits, ask for the business and gain referrals. Our customers appreciate the knowledge and tools our student reps share with them on professional image and wardrobe management. Our unique business model gives students an edge from start to finish.
Students are empowered to work independently during the day while having a manager and team to provide ideas and support. Dardis provides sales and marketing material, product catalogs, and order forms to make each presentation highly professional. Students are given the necessary skills and tools in order to best represent themselves and Dardis.
We’re in the business of building future leaders and helping students to bridge the gap from the academia world to the business world. Our Classroom to Career program is a wonderful opportunity for students to gain professional communication skills as well as invaluable sales and marketing experience. Here are a few of the many benefits:
- Competitive Edge: Employers want experience. They want confident individuals with practical, hands-on skills. In today’s competitive world, you need an edge. Dardis gives you the competitive edge you need to be successful in your career and in life.
- Professional Development: At the Dardis Academy, you have the opportunity to receive world-class training while you’re still a student. This is your chance to create a career while you’re still a student. By working multiple summers, you’ll develop positive habits that will stay with you for life.
- Financial Success: In sales, there is no ceiling on the profit a student can generate. If you are willing to work hard and apply your training, you can expect to make money. In addition, you have an opportunity to win the Celebration Trip.
What We Require
- Self-starter, disciplined and solid time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Creative and flexible