Darien Lake Theme Park Employee Reviews in United States

Darien Lake
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Darien Center, NYSeptember 8, 2015
Loved the atmosphere, almost forget you at work sometimes because you are having so much fun! Had a good time with co-workers, they made you feel like a team. Although the communication with team leads, was not the best. As they would change my hours without any notice, until I drove 35-45 minutes, just to turn around and go home!
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Scheduling
My funnest job!
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Alleghany, NyAugust 5, 2015
Loved working at Darien Lake! Nothing but fun people, you get to go for free, with each paycheck you get a ticket to bring another person with you for free. Management are very nice and helpful, and work with your schedule.
Pros
Free rides as long as your working there, a ticket with each paycheck.
Lead
Sales Associate Lead (Current Employee) –  Darien Center, NYJune 15, 2015
I have learned what it takes to work in a sales department. There are many details that go into planning a company picnic. Sales works closely with the catering department. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the guests and learning about their companies and families.
Standard lifeguarding with lots of drills
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Darien Center, NYMarch 25, 2015
I worked here three summers in a row and it was the same procedure every summer. You would watch the thousands of guests that came into the park, make sure all safety rules are being followed, and save anyone if need be. The head lifeguards perform safety audits everyday, some people get tested everyday.
Pros
Free tickets into the park
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
Fun place to take family
Ride operator (Former Employee) –  Darien Center, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Some days are long and hot but it was worth it just to see the families having fun and enjoying the time with use at darein lake. The mangment was great they were there to help when we needed the help. Everyone was happy and got along together. The hardest part of the job was when a child wasn't big enough to ride the ride. The best part of the jobs when all riders left happy.
Fun atmosphere in a fast paced enviroment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Darien Center, NYDecember 2, 2014
A typical work day consisted of running shows and diagnosing problems and finding solutions to them. I learned plenty of knowledge on sound equipment, such as rewiring a speaker system and installing a new soundboard. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the actors, but it becomes very manageable once a strong connection is made with them. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a show come together and watching all the long hours finally pay off.
It is a job for a college student over the summer months
Attractions Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Darien Center, NYJune 25, 2014
Long hours, hot sun, short breaks, always on your feet, guests being angry, stressful at times. It was not always the most glamours job but the people I worked with are my best friends and for that reason I can't hate the job. Any college student looking for a job over the summer and looking to meet some of the most interesting people, fun, outgoing people should do this. Make sure that after you graduate to never go back, or you will be stuck there for a long time. All of your friends will not be there, and it will be lonely and not fun.
This is a great atmosphere in which to grow and hone your skills in a fun, seasonal setting!
Park Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Darien, NYMarch 29, 2014
My typical day of work consists of going over the payroll for the previous day keeping an eye out for any inconsistancies and remedying them, meeting with staff and giving them their duties for the day, ensuring that ALL employees have the proper equipment to do their job effectively and efficiently, provide guests with the most positive experience possible no matter what.
Pros
free park admission, discounts in the park, free tickets for other people, discounts to other parks that are owned by the same company
Cons
most jobs here are only seasonal!
Fun enjoyable job
Accomodations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Darien, NYDecember 26, 2013
Was a dirty job. Went in stocked the carts for the day and went off with cleaning schedule for the day. Cleaned swept and mopped all units on list. Coworkers were very fun to be around. Management was great! Even received free tickets to a concert from my manager my last year.
Summer Fun - Destination Fun
Cash Control Clerk and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Darien, NYNovember 12, 2013
This was a part time position at our local theme park. I started out in cash control counting the daily receipts at the end of the night. I was in that position for 2 years. This past year I switched to being outside and in the park are a parking attendant for concerts and special events team member doing catering. When those two positions eneded for the season I volunteered to be a ride attendant. I enjoy spending the day with people who were at the park enjoying their day with family and friends.
Pros
the whole season was a pro for me. i enjoyed everything i did at darien lake
Cons
the weather at times was an issue since i was outside all day.
fun
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Darien, NYNovember 4, 2013
it was a part time job some days I would have to do 12 hour shifts, but I wouldn't make 30 hours or more like I wanted to. the benefits of working there were great I would get the park for free on a day that I would work an I got to park for free as well.
A fun place to work if you are in the right mind set
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Darien Center, NYOctober 9, 2013
Nice people and guests are nice the majority of the time. A good summer job for kids still in school and unemployed adults.
Pros
easy to get alot of hours, complementary employee tickets.
Cons
no heathcare, min wage.
Fun job with changing duties.
Amusement Park Ride Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Darien, NYSeptember 9, 2013
At Darien Lake i worked on the roller coasters. I made sure people were tall enough to ride and that they were secured into their seats properly. I learned how to work with customers, even some who weren't happy. My management was good and i had many supervisors. My co-workers were all around my age and we all got along. The hardest part of my job was dealing with customers who didn't want to follow the rules, or didn't agree with the rules. The best part of the job was being out in the sun, over the summer, doing a very fun job.
Pros
fun, outside job.
Cons
rude or stubborn customers.
The best place i have ever worked at
Landscaper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Corfu, NYAugust 20, 2013
It was the best place i have ever worked because you got to meet alot of different people and the job was awesome
Pros
working outside
Cons
some of the work i did
flexibility
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Darien Center, NYAugust 12, 2013
I didn't deal much with the management team here.
I worked on a computer most of the time occasionally out in the both letting people in the facility.
I got along with most of my coworkers.
When the lines were dead and not much going on.
Sitting down and just doing my job and going home.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
long days if the phones were dead
Decent
Host/Cook/Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Darien, NYJuly 18, 2013
Decent job to start off at, seasonal job. decent for second job or jumping off point for new workers
Pros
decent employees and management
Cons
long hrs in the sun on hot days
great place
ride operatior (Former Employee) –  buffalo nyMarch 24, 2013
Just a great company to work for nice but .u have to be up for the .task
Pros
na
Cons
no really benfit
food service worker
Food Service Helper (Former Employee) –  Darien, NYJanuary 17, 2013
I liked working here. But I need a more steady job. I liked working in the drink areas as well as the food stands.
Pros
moved to work in different area stands
Cons
long hours on my feet
It was a job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Corfu, NYNovember 18, 2012
I did like most of the people, but clicks got in the way. I did enjoy conversing with the public. Working at the hotel, major area of guest security, parking lot attendant there were some very nice people. I do enjoy the security employment.
Pros
doing actual security work
Cons
don't follow the clicks, it's not me
Review
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYAugust 7, 2012
Dealing with customers and preparing food and beverages while serving customers. i have learn that working with people that speak differently languages was a great learning experience. My co-workers was nice. when they have concert and the customers are fighting for service. The most enjoyable part of my job was deleting with people.
Pros
free pass
Cons
short breaks