Darien Lake

Darien Lake Employee Reviews

Maintaing rides
Ride Mechanic (Former Employee), Darien, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Very faced past work environment were I had to keep the rides running and follow strict safety guidelines. Very enjoyable place to work.
fun park
Cashier (Former Employee), Darien Center, NYJanuary 16, 2015
it was hot I worked at different food stations I caught on after like two days, it got easy and I enjoyed working there
This is a very fun seasonal work place. More like family then co workers
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee), Darien, NYOctober 1, 2014
Pros: free admission tickets into the park every month
Cons: this is a very detailed job, and guests can be very unapprecitave for the hard work.
A typical day at work is that we come in, sign in, prepare our carts for the days tasks. We sometimes socialize before we get started. Around 9:15 we are ready to go to our first unit to begin cleaning. – more... I have learned to manage a cleaning crew along with managing time and how to handle guest's complaints. My co workers are amazing, fun and very exciting to work with. They are more like a family, we have ups and downs and we all work together as a team. The most difficult part of my job is to schedule everyone's hours as to where they are happy and flexible. Time off requests when they bring them to me after the schedule is made, trying to accommodate everyone and for them to be happy. Employee happiness is most important to me, next to the guests. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I hand out tips that have been collected. My crew almost thank me when they are the one's who earned these tips. Their faces are worth it all. – less
fun summer work
food service (Former Employee), darien, nyJuly 2, 2014
fun summer work, meet alot of people and the jobs are always interesting
Was a good job for a theme park enviroment
Security Guard, Parking Attendant and Housekeeper (Former Employee), Darien Center, NYFebruary 10, 2014
I liked working there with the people but on days off you really did not want to go to the park where you work
Always there to assist
EMT-Basic (Current Employee), Darien, NYOctober 7, 2013
Pros: always something to do
Cons: end of season
giving care and keeping records of care given throughout the day.
Was great, not anymore
SALES (Former Employee), Darien Center, NYAugust 26, 2013
Pros: people you work with.
Cons: hfe management.
I was a full time employee in Sales/Marketing for 7 years. Great place to work until Herschend Family Entertainment took over. Their Christian Values are a tad sketchy.
Park Services
Cleaner (Former Employee), Darien Center, NYNovember 27, 2012
Pros: gratitude
Cons: selfishness of others
Cleaning bathrooms adn the midways! Not always fun or enjoyable but rewarding when you have consumers thank you for the good work and clean areas!
A fun atmoshere to work in.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Darien, NYOctober 3, 2012
Pros: fun place to work, local, free tickets
Cons: does not pay enough in that particular department, find some gross stuff.
I would punch in and go get the supplys needed to start the day. Then I would goto appointed floor and start work makeing up the hotel rooms for upcoming guests. I think it was a fun atmoshere due to watching people and their families having a good time and spending time together.
A fun atmoshere to work in.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Darien, NYOctober 3, 2012
Pros: fun place to work, local, free tickets
Cons: does not pay enough in that particular department, find some gross stuff.
Fun Workplace
Game Attendant (Former Employee), Darien Center, NYSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: half hour lunch break
Cons: not enough pay, pay for lunch out of pocket
For the most part the job was alot of fun. The management was pretty nice and understanding for the most part. Co-workers were alot of fun to work with, was a family type enviornment. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting people to play the games and rewarding the winner.
A fun place to work.
Food Service Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Darien Center, NYSeptember 4, 2012
Many possibilities for advancement if you are willing to put in the hours. A great first job!
Alright
Water Attendant (Former Employee), Darien Center, NYJune 29, 2012
Company was not a bad company to work for but the pay is minimum wage for most jobs.

Darien Lake Salaries