Darigold, Inc. Employee Reviews

Managment lies and back stabs
Machine operator/Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 25, 2017
Nobody cares about anyone but themselves. Management is stupid and wrong. Corporate is evil and hates the union. Fellow employees will throw you under the bus in a minute.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything but pay
Bad situation as soon as you walk in the door
Retail operator (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDSeptember 8, 2017
Typical day at darigold is extremely frustrating operating your machine while you have hostile production managers telling you to keep the machines running knowing full well they are in disrepair and it is impossible to meet their demands.

There is bad communication from managers to supervisors when it comes to their new employees often times they are left to figure things out for themselves because management is not reliable.

Highly unorganized and often the employers are put in highly unfair situations.
Pros
good healthcare benefits, decent pay
Cons
at times no one gives breaks, work 10hrs before you get a lunch, no job security, bad management
Great Place for Work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 13, 2017
A typical day at work is the same as any other job, you come in, catch up on the past few ours, then take over for your shift. It was a moderately stressful job, with lot on the shoulders for one person. I learned a lot about machinery and the advance technology that processing and packaging is going to. Management is fair as long as there isn't too much to worry about, if they are really worried about something they will not put anyone on top of their lists, they will make you worry about your own training or progression. The workplace culture is amazing, you can get long with anyone as long as you do your job and do what is right. The hardest part is learning how to keep up with multiple machines that tend to breakdown often, and learn how to make them run again without waiting on maintenance. The most enjoyable part would be the people you get to work with, everyone there works as a team as long as the person they are working for will do as much for them as they would for the other.
Pros
Teamwork, Benefits, and good pay
Cons
Too much change, too much on one person's shoulders
Good place to learn and grow
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 8, 2017
Very established company provides good opportunities for growth and advancement. Many long term employees with solid experience make for an environment of learning.
Pros
Solid company
Cons
Some internal politics
productive and fun place to work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 28, 2017
This was a temporary position. Even though it was a temp job they made me feel like I was an important part of the company. There was not one person that was not great to work with. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
great people
Cons
temp position
Great place for a family man
BLOW MOLD SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 19, 2017
The work was fun as well as educational. The hours are long but they pay off, having a solid foundation at home helps in a job such as this. The job will take care of you as long as your willing to understand that you live there now!
Good
Maintenance Planner and Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 13, 2017
Good place to work, bad place to work, not a great place, but a pretty decent place to work, I would maybe work here, maybe not, I should put a period.
Solid benefits, iffy management.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 7, 2017
At Darigold I learned a whole lot about seniority, teamwork, and overtime. Being one of the low men on the totem pole I ended up picking up the slack for a lot of the senior workers. This did have direct benefits such as bigger paychecks. The problem with all of the overtime was a spent a whole lot less time with my wife and kids. I only got to spend two days with my newborn baby girl who at the time lived cross state even though initially I was promised at least a week off (unpaid). All in all though the benefits and coworkers were awesome.
Pros
Cool coworkers and benefits.
Cons
Cutthroat management.
Great place to work at in Jerome Idaho.
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jerome, IDFebruary 12, 2017
Great place to work, felted like family when i was working in the plant. If I could go back I would in a heart beat. If you ever get a chance to work at or for Darigold I would.
Pros
people
Cons
weather
Abusive and drug-filled work place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTDecember 29, 2016
Three days of being shoved, threatened and beaten up and I couldn't take it anymore. Unprofessional and drug-ridden work place. Stay far far away. Can't suggest to anyone
Pros
None at all
Cons
Abuse, drugs in locker room
Feels like slave labor
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WANovember 3, 2016
Being a new employee they ask you to do all kinds of jobs. Mostly cleaning. Trying to learn jobs as I go,but all I get is cleaning jobs to do. Plus being a union job the union can't perfect you for 6mo. So basically you are on a 6mo. Probation period. Most of the employees are nice with the exception of a few.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Training is poor
The job I reminisce
Case Dock/Warehouse,Cooler/Production (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 15, 2016
A typical day at work for me would be clocking in and starting to do physical labor work right away. I loved the constant movement including all the physical labor. I learned tons at DariGold, and obtained lots of new experience's. The management was awesome, and my co-workers were amazing and super fun to work with. There was never really any "hardest part of the job" for me but if i had to choose i would say the weather in the winter time out on the case dock, graveyard shift. Maybe also trying to obtain so much information at once and wanting to do everything correctly. The most enjoyable part's of the job for me would be everything. I enjoyed EVERYTHING about DariGold.
Working at Darigold has definitely affected my work life. I've experienced a great hard working environment for a good company.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, IDJune 10, 2015
I wake up at 4:00 a.m. to get ready for work, I show up to work at 4:40, get dressed into my uniform, clock in, re-leave the operator from the night shift and take over the two machines for 12 hours.

I learned a lot about myself in this work environment. I learned how to discipline my sleeping schedule, and eating habits. I learned my true strength of patience and how to troubleshoot issues in situations of when my machine shuts down or crashes.

i work with a hard working, unselfish, and fun crew. Everybody helps each other out, keeps each other up when stressed, and show you how to enjoy your work even when your having a bad day.

The hardest part of the job is learning how to due everything and produce as much as you can within the certain times needed.

The most enjoyable part of my typical work day is how fun and intense it is working with the crew that i have.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits.
Cons
none.
New customer and distribution focus
NATIONAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 11, 2015
Working directly with customers and distributors in a fast paced environment. Enjoyed the rapid expansion associated with opening new markets and new business partnerships.
Pros
Unique and high quality products
Cons
Breaking in to competitive markets
mentally not a good atmosphere to be.
Darigold (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 8, 2015
you work 8 to 7days and do not get days off all the time, they work you to the bones and expect your body to be a machine and just add oil and keep going. the morale is dead and they have employee's fighting against each other. they don't show appreciation instead they point out all the wrong you do. they do NOT care about you or your family don't expect to see your family if you work there! mirco management is huge there.. Its milk not NASA!
Pros
insurance
Cons
bullying and harassment from supervisors
great compensation
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 17, 2014
good hours, great pay, very diverse and competitive
excellent management
if you dont care about not seeing your family, this is a great job.
tour bank account will increase but your social life takes a dive.
good benefits for you and your family
Pros
money
Cons
working holidays
Fun place to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 21, 2014
I really like what I do and the people that I work with.
I would like to find a position that would challenge me more and that I would have room to grow.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
No room for growth
I enjoyed working at Dairgold on the Chip Machine that was my place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJune 17, 2014
Dairgold is a good place to work you just have to have the right state of mine and be ready to do you job. Thing don't always go the way you wont it to go but just do your best and think positive.
Pros
We would have free luches and eat what we made that was good.
Cons
Don't have all the supplies we need to do the job.
Best Job I ever had!!
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Jerome, IDJune 13, 2014
Darigold is a Cooperative and is Managed very well. Unfortunately due to a drop in Milk volumes my position within the company was eliminated.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Volitile Milk Volumes
Creamery produttion
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAMay 5, 2014
I ran the chip machine which packaged the wholesale butter chips for wholesale distribution. I would put the finished product into boxes and repeat till end of shift.
Management was always involved in the production and safety of the plant and employees.
Co-workers were helpful most times and I got along with most of them with a diverse of personalities and many different languages
Hardest part of my job was the cleanup, we had to dissasemble the machines clean them and reassemble them.
It was a job that I truly loved to do.
Pros
Good insurance, good company to work for
Cons
being moved to different departsments and different schedules.