Darling Homes Employee Reviews

Great Company
Assistant Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2016
Great family atmosphere... No training provided. The company kind of throws you into the mix. Sink or swim kind of mentality there...
great company to work for with talented builders
Builder/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Enjoyed working at Darling Homes for the short time I was there. All of the builders that they hired were highly qualified.
Anemic Training
Sales Associate, Full Time (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Their idea of training is a half day rookie training plus a 5 day general seminar about sales. I've been told by my direct supervisor to stop requesting training and figure it out on my own, which I am doing because in spite of that the job is worth it.
A typical day at work includes dealing with paperwork, doing projects for my boss, meeting, greeting, qualifying guests that come to the model home, maintaining the model home and inventory homes, helping with files for build jobs and showcase home jobs.
The hardest part of the job is perfecting my skills that will make me a more valuable employee.
The most enjoyable part of my job is participating in the home building process from an empty lot to a family moving in. I also highly appreciate the pay.
Pros
pay, exposure to construction, finance, sales techniques
Cons
no lunch breaks, long hours, anemic training, short staffed
Darling Homes
Purchasing Agent Temp (Former Employee) –  Houston texasJanuary 24, 2015
A typical day includes sitting at your cubicle from 9-5 doing what is required of you.
Nothing more, nothing less.
managing site and subcontractor work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Dealing with all the different aspects of building and renovation jobs from start to finish. From getting all the initial permits, setting up all subcontractors when needed, meeting with inspectors, to getting the final CO...my responsibilities would vary depending on the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Darling Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2