Dart Container Employee Reviews

Good starting out point
Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIFebruary 29, 2016
This company was a great place for me to start my career. The pay was poor and the benefits were not great, but it provided excellent experience. The position itself had a very narrow focus. Found myself with work completed part-way through the day and would constantly ask management for additional tasks.
Good people, but needs new managers.
Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIJanuary 18, 2016
I'm an inspector packer who worked at Dart as an I/P since 2002. But as of January 4th of 2016, I no longer work there. I liked the majority of the coworkers, the benefits, and the pay was decent. However, since new upper management took over, the work environment went on a down slide.

The new managers is the only problem I have with the Mason plant. They seems to only care about their numbers/production more than about their own employees. Quite a few good people were fired or left because of the unfair practices of management. Because of the many new changes prior to when I started back in 2002, if you can't keep up they will let you go.

However, one of the changes is they push their employees past their limits. The environment is too much stress and pressure because of the expectations of upper management. The work is harder and working your employees to death by mandating overtime for a long period of time is going to wear out their workers. I'll just say this. If you want to work in a place that offers hard work and a lot of hours of overtime, this job might be for you. If you don't like being mandated a lot of overtime to the point where you'll be running ragged, stay away from this place.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits, and good people.
Cons
Management, micro managing, changes much needed.
production fast pace.
Maintenence Technician (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GAMarch 3, 2016
Management is horrible. HR always has payroll issues. Safety is just a dog and pony show. Dead end career, no opportunity. Workers in constant fear of being watched.
Pros
Cons
management. culture.
Good Company Job Security
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Quitman, MSMarch 25, 2016
Good company job security good Benefits they value their employees your off with pay for holidays and Dart feeds everyone during the holiday season and awards are given for safety they continue a follow up with company awards for their employees above all you do work very hard there.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Small Company in my location
Probably the worst company
Inspector/Packer (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJuly 20, 2016
This place is a joke period management doesn't care anything about the employees.The supervisors have no clue what there doing your co workers are a bunch of miserable people to be around.The cup mechanics have no clue what they are doing and most people just don't care.The turnover rate at this place is ridiculous all the new hires don't stay at this dump for even a month before they quit and I can't blame them.This place clearly need a plant manager who know how to run a plant and one that actually cares about the employees.I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy avoid this place at all cost.Im not going to even talk about the heat issues in this place but trust this is not the company you want to work for period!!!!!!
Cons
help and service all aspect off the prodution floor
Maintenance Technician mold room (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILJuly 7, 2016
Help those in need and to give my professional advice and experience. repair and rebuild tooling and mold bases and clamp frames as needed. sharpen tooling and clean tooling so that it is ready for the next run.That all people make mistakes and you need to find out what caused the mistake and fix it.You also need to ask questions and search for the answer you need to complete job task. That all management personal have there fault's and you must work with them right or wrong, some r just get by and some r dedicated to the job. Love my co-workers They r a bunch off well informed,and that I would love to work with them and learn from them as well as they have learned from me. leaving something unfinished, fixing a problem that has been down for 2 to 4 hrs that they over looked.
Pros
ability to do good work
Cons
no graditude for what you have done to save money for the company
Inspector Packer
Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJune 23, 2016
I wanted this job so bad and the pay was good for the position. The downside is the work you like slaves, no family time because of work demands. I'm from Michigan and the heat inside the building from temperatures outside made it unbearable with working between 16 machines total that use steam to produce cups. It was hot and what made it worse was the machines breaking down and spitting cups out like crazy and the maintenance people that I feel didn't know what they were doing. Had a experience with one where he lied on me to cover himself because he tried to push up on me and I tried to be nice. Would call him to fix the machines and he would ask me personal questions about me. I never told him anything personal just was hoping he hurried up to fix the machine's so I was cordial. The job was easy, the machines and the heat made it hard to bear.
Pros
My compensation
Cons
heat and machine issues
Not a bad place to work if you don't mind the heat.
Inspector/Packer (Current Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYAugust 29, 2016
On a typical work day you go to work and even if you do a good job you are not rewarded. It is EXTREMELY hot during the summer months. co-workers are okay. The hardest part of the job is that the equipment does not always work and the operators need an attitude adjustment. The best thing about working at Dart is the insurance benefits.
Pros
Great insurance benefits
Cons
It is extremely HOT during the summer months, the supervisors don't care about the employees, and corporate does not return phone call, the operators are rude and hateful to the packers
Company is aggressively trying to grow strategically.
Forecast Analyst (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 13, 2016
Sometimes difficult to grasp the vision and priorities of the company without being engaged in the communication process. I'm not sure if some managers have a cross-functional view of the departments and processes at times. However, the company is pursuing a number of initiatives and is currently consolidating it's activities into a new ERP system which will yield significant benefits for years to come.
Pros
Great support for employees with good benefits.
Cons
Company is highly segmented with "siloed" activity.
Your Life will revolve around cups
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mason, MISeptember 8, 2016
Was there for over a year, had to work mandatory overtime the whole time. Pay was great but don't even think about have a life outside of Dart they like to change your work schedule at the drop of the hat and require you to work upwards of 16 hours of overtime a week. Management will tell you that no excuse is good enough, including dying. But if you love working in a place where you dont get holidays off, are treated horribly, and are blamed for being behind all the time then this is the place for you!
benefits
Cons
everything else
Family focused company with opportunities
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mason, MISeptember 20, 2016
I've worked at Dart for 9+ years and have been awarded many new opportunities and experiences based on my performance. The company has solid benefits and their employee events allow you to spend time with colleagues outside of work. I've met so many wonderful people in my time here and have made great friendships. The tenure of employees is impressive. The new facilities (corporate office, fitness center and cafe) re wonderful and make you feel valued as an employee
Cons
Could have more paid time off.
No place for IT folks
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIMay 13, 2016
A typical day would be comprised of dealing with multiple managers having conflicting opinions about processes and any variety of other things. The entire IT architecture is a hot mess, they still have Lotus Notes if you can believe it. Management is a cluster____ in IT and Human Resources. A couple of my coworkers were good people to work with. The rest were complacent in their daily grind and were drinking the corporate koolaid like it was their only nourishment. The hardest part of my job was dealing with management. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting positive feedback about my work from the people I interacted with.
Pros
Health benefits
Unprofessional ethics
Inspector packer (Former Employee) –  Lithonia GeorgiaSeptember 16, 2016
Dart Container in Lithonia Georgia is the most horrible unprofessional people management supervisors and coworkers has no value no morals and no ethics they suck. You can't talk to these people they know everything they acts if they are gods, God is all about good period so guess what you are not lol, because they have no clue or what they're doing or what they said or how to lead anyone to follow anything about what they do or what they say because they are so unethical.
great work environment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 22, 2016
On a typical day i would inspect and pack foam products. I learned to work with printing machines along with forming machines. management and co-workers were always helpful and always willing to give advice. The only hard part was in the beginning getting used to the work flow. The most enjoyable part was working with the people there.
Pros
Plenty of breaks
Cons
Great place to work, great group of people!
Bilingual Pricing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIJuly 11, 2016
The thing that makes this position great is the awesome group of people you work with, management and co-workers included. There are challenges, but with challenges come victories! Contrary to the previous comment, Dart's compensation is very competitive and there is good room for advancement.

There is a cafe, gym, and generous company activities. This is the best job I've had!
Pros
Great campus, great culture, great people
Cons
20-minute commute to Mason
Good Starter Job
Group Lead/Machinist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2015
Good Starter job with great hours. No room for growth and management does not listen and solve problems, No bonuses and no raises,
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
No room for growth
working you like a robot not human
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMay 2, 2016
Dart has great health insurance. The working conditions are very very poor. hot dirty and NO chance of advancement. you have to be in a click to get treated properly. If they don't like you your going to get fired. They don't care about your work just if they like your personality. loose people faster than they can hire. Management is only about production and profit and their own bonuses. Don't care about he employees work almost every weekend and holidays. Bosses are very under trained and have no people skills. Management and H.R. are not for the employees.
Pros
great insurance
Cons
no support from management or H.R.
The median of production work
Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJuly 23, 2016
The Urbana plant was the corporate headquarters until DART bought out the company a few years ago. The facility has since been gutted of all but it's production capacity. Without a significant management presence, there is all but no possibility of promotion.
Perfect job for what few hard working Americans are left.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Dead center of a Godforsaken state, ridiculously hot and 100% humidity 4-6 months out of the year.
always making employees any changes as far as the job is concern
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCMarch 20, 2016
The ability to communicate with coworkers and management adds excitement to the job itself. Also the ability to make decisions on the spare of the moment.
Pros
changes within the company
Cons
no sick days
Project Manager, Dart Container (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIOctober 6, 2015
Offers good benefits. Workload is finally getting stable across departments. SAP implementation and the merger of Solo cup were tremendous undertaking that employees were solely focused on the last 3 and a half years
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Limited upward mobilityoptions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dart Container. Our community is ready to answer.