Dart Container Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Systems operator/blender (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJanuary 28, 2016
Great place to work I miss it a lots, scheduled only six months per year but all days was 12 hr shifts my last 3 jobs was the same
Pros
GREAT WORK ENVIROMENT
Cons
HIGH PRESSURE JOB SOME CANNOT HANDLE
Good people, but needs new managers.
Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIJanuary 18, 2016
I'm an inspector packer who worked at Dart as an I/P since 2002. But as of January 4th of 2016, I no longer work there. I liked the majority of the coworkers, the benefits, and the pay was decent. However, since new upper management took over, the work environment went on a down slide.

The new managers is the only problem I have with the Mason plant. They seems to only care about their numbers/production more than about their own employees. Quite a few good people were fired or left because of the unfair practices of management. Because of the many new changes prior to when I started back in 2002, if you can't keep up they will let you go.

However, one of the changes is they push their employees past their limits. The environment is too much stress and pressure because of the expectations of upper management. The work is harder and working your employees to death by mandating overtime for a long period of time is going to wear out their workers. I'll just say this. If you want to work in a place that offers hard work and a lot of hours of overtime, this job might be for you. If you don't like being mandated a lot of overtime to the point where you'll be running ragged, stay away from this place.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits, and good people.
Cons
Management, micro managing, changes much needed.
productive environment
inspector packer (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCJanuary 13, 2016
Have never worked second shift I was not so enthuse about it but it turned out to be very good. Everyone has a very good positive perspective towards the duties.
Pros
Cons
healthcare
Dart needs better management in its departments.
Packer/Inspector and trainer (Former Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYDecember 31, 2015
I worked for Dart for two years and I did a good job and was moved up to trainer. What I did was inspect the product and then I would box them and get them ready for shipping. However when the time came for management to take up for me on a certain matter I feel I was treated and talked to very badly. That is why I quit because I lost respect for their management.
Job is ok
Tooling Drafter (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIDecember 25, 2015
Pretty much the same thing everyday. Good for someone who just wants a steady pay check. Advancement is there, pay is not.
Pros
Managment doesn't hover over you to get the job done.
Cons
Things are changing, botton line driven now.
Decent place to work good benefits
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYDecember 9, 2015
Very busy day, people really good to work with. Sometimes work overload was a bit much. Really enjoyed the different things you did daily never the same each day different machine.
Epic Fail
artist (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIDecember 2, 2015
You should be able to opt out of these reviews. especially if you still or have family that works there. I am sure HR looks at these and is a good way to get someone into trouble.
Cons
no comment
nice people to work with
Custodian (Current Employee) –  LeolaNovember 30, 2015
Job is ok other then its third shift, which really isn't working for me. Work two weekends a month which took some getting use to. Benefits and pay are great.
Benefits
Cons
work two weekends a month/third shift
Was a good place to work
Cup inspector/ packer (Former Employee) –  Mason, MINovember 23, 2015
Since management changed they over work people and if you cant keep up they let you go. management has no idea what its like to work on the floor. They are somewhat 2 faced. The few that have worked on the floor which made it to management are the only decent ones there.
Pros
set schedule, keeps you busy, decent money
Cons
management can be difficult to work with
BUSY most days
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCNovember 13, 2015
I really enjoyed my job here and thought I was effective in my job. But sometimes when you try and do the right things people will start gunning for you.
Pros
Cons
Hot as fire in the summer
Good Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  USANovember 9, 2015
Fair company to work for with job security. Dart continues to lead the way in the cup and disposable use arena. Opportunites to grow within the company.
Good Starter Job
Group Lead/Machinist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2015
Good Starter job with great hours. No room for growth and management does not listen and solve problems, No bonuses and no raises,
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
No room for growth
got do wrongly
inspecting packing (Former Employee) –  horse caveNovember 5, 2015
work there for a year and four month, My first write was a out around molded that i was not trained to caught.my.Some people of choice got a coach class,i had only been there for 5 month, i feel that dart does not care about people that want to work,dont take the time to help they are quit to firer or write up.i also think it wrong that anther person shouldn`t get wrote up for others mistakes
poor management, very unsafe enviroment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYOctober 22, 2015
work with faulty equipment which makes it difficult to produce quality product. unsafe surroundings. poor management
Pros
longer breaks during hot tempeture seasons
Cons
limited help, very little training, faulty equipment
Nice place to work.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2015
Dart was a great company to work for. If I ever moved back I would work for them again it was a lot of fun. Dart container had a program wear trucks would come and sale employers steel toed boots or shoes. The company would pay half price for the shoes wich i though was great. The company had a schedule were i woud work three on than three off days than two on than two off days. It was a great schedule I loved it so much.
Pros
Free cups
Cons
Short breaks
Generally good place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 13, 2015
Need to develop a more transparent transition strategy. Otherwise, it really is a decent company from which to draw a paycheck.
Product Handler (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKOctober 10, 2015
It is an easy job if you don't mind standing for 8 hours and like to do the same thing over and over. The pay isn't great just starting out.
Benefits
Cons
Horrible starting pay
Project Manager, Dart Container (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIOctober 6, 2015
Offers good benefits. Workload is finally getting stable across departments. SAP implementation and the merger of Solo cup were tremendous undertaking that employees were solely focused on the last 3 and a half years
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Limited upward mobilityoptions
It's a job
Inspector Packer (Current Employee) –  Horse cave, KyOctober 6, 2015
There are many different places you could be put however the building I am in is very fast paced, packers are expected to go at their top speed all night and if you get caught stopping you will get into trouble as well as having to deal with operators who get away with everything the supervisors blame everything on packers and allow operators to do whatever.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Packers get dumped on
It was productive, most everyone got along, and acted professional.
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYSeptember 23, 2015
It was productive, as long as you done what was required everything flowed smoothly. some days were more exciting than others ranging from slow to fast paced depending on your assigned line.
Pros
Good benefits and job security
Cons
short breaks and high temperatures