Dart Container Employee Reviews

Play favorites
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIJanuary 20, 2017
Dart is a great place to work if you are favored by management/HR department, if not, you are in big trouble. You will not get a raise and advancement is impossible. Dart's supervisors play favorites. The pay is horrible if you have to support yourself to live a decent life. They do offer a gym/café, which is quite expensive, but if you are looking for convenience then the café wins. Their health benefits are good but when you only need insurance for two people you still have to pay the family rate whether you need insurance for two people or twelve people. Overall, I would not work here if I could do it all over again. I am currently looking for work elsewhere.
Lots of learning opportunities
Pricing Analyst / Marketing Management (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIJanuary 31, 2017
All decisions for the company were ran through the Marketing Management Department where I worked, not just pricing decisions, but decisions on where to produce products, which new products we should move forward with as well as contract negotiations with national accounts and what materials to use from which manufacturers. These are just examples of some of the many decisions we were responsible for when I worked at Dart.

I also learned about all the different departments that most corporations have internally and had to coordinate with the Marketing Research Team, Engineering Department, Graphics Department, Transportation Department, Packaging, Traffic, Quality Assurance, Production Planning Departments in order to accomplish different tasks and make various decisions for the company.
Pros
Learned about all divisions of a corporation and how pricing decisions are based.
Cons
Compensation did not match work load or level of responsibility associated with the position.
It's ran by guys who does not care about their employees
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILOctober 26, 2016
Small pay but a lot of work, they want you to break your neck just to make your pph, and it doesn't matter how much work you do they don't appreciate it. You will get a raise one time a year which will be 30cents or less more likely less. No incentives. They treat the guys who been there the longest like they just walked threw the door. You have to drive your forklift in reverse all your shift
Pros
You maybe get some free cups and plates
Cons
This is one experience that will push you to go to school to get a career rather than a job, especially at dart container
Worst company to work for
former packer (Former Employee) –  Tumwater, WANovember 2, 2016
Small pay but a lot of work, they want you to bust your butt like your in a Chinese sweat shop , and it doesn't matter how much work you do they don't appreciate it. You will get a raise one time a year which will be 30cents or less more likely less. No incentives. They treat the guys who have been there the longest like they just walked thru the door
The HR person is Horrid !!! she will lie to you and then turn around lie to the manager.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Your Life will revolve around cups
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mason, MISeptember 8, 2016
Was there for over a year, had to work mandatory overtime the whole time. Pay was great but don't even think about have a life outside of Dart they like to change your work schedule at the drop of the hat and require you to work upwards of 16 hours of overtime a week. Management will tell you that no excuse is good enough, including dying. But if you love working in a place where you dont get holidays off, are treated horribly, and are blamed for being behind all the time then this is the place for you!
benefits
Cons
everything else
toxic work environment !!
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILJanuary 14, 2017
Was an okay place to work. Past year really cut benefits, while the loads became heavier. Floor loads you stack and pull off. Current management has created a toxic work environment. STAY AWAY from Dart container, North Aurora. They like you to fear your job.
Pros
finding another job
Cons
Management looks down on you.
Company is aggressively trying to grow strategically.
Forecast Analyst (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 13, 2016
Sometimes difficult to grasp the vision and priorities of the company without being engaged in the communication process. I'm not sure if some managers have a cross-functional view of the departments and processes at times. However, the company is pursuing a number of initiatives and is currently consolidating it's activities into a new ERP system which will yield significant benefits for years to come.
Pros
Great support for employees with good benefits.
Cons
Company is highly segmented with "siloed" activity.
Family focused company with opportunities
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mason, MISeptember 20, 2016
I've worked at Dart for 9+ years and have been awarded many new opportunities and experiences based on my performance. The company has solid benefits and their employee events allow you to spend time with colleagues outside of work. I've met so many wonderful people in my time here and have made great friendships. The tenure of employees is impressive. The new facilities (corporate office, fitness center and cafe) re wonderful and make you feel valued as an employee
Cons
Could have more paid time off.
Is a good job but only if you really need a job
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Quitman County, MSJanuary 3, 2017
You have to know how to multi task you will have to do so much at one time some co- workers will help you if you ask for help they do give raises often
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short breaks and you will work every sec your there no restroom breaks
Not a bad place to work if you don't mind the heat.
Inspector/Packer (Current Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYAugust 29, 2016
On a typical work day you go to work and even if you do a good job you are not rewarded. It is EXTREMELY hot during the summer months. co-workers are okay. The hardest part of the job is that the equipment does not always work and the operators need an attitude adjustment. The best thing about working at Dart is the insurance benefits.
Pros
Great insurance benefits
Cons
It is extremely HOT during the summer months, the supervisors don't care about the employees, and corporate does not return phone call, the operators are rude and hateful to the packers
Good Place to work
SAP ABAP Consultant (Current Employee) –  MasonJanuary 24, 2017
Pros :Working enviorment is good .
If required you can get work from home which is realy helpful .

Cons : Learning opportunity is less .
Salary hike is not good .
Difficult to get promotion .
Great place to work, great group of people!
Bilingual Pricing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIJuly 11, 2016
The thing that makes this position great is the awesome group of people you work with, management and co-workers included. There are challenges, but with challenges come victories! Contrary to the previous comment, Dart's compensation is very competitive and there is good room for advancement.

There is a cafe, gym, and generous company activities. This is the best job I've had!
Pros
Great campus, great culture, great people
Cons
20-minute commute to Mason
The median of production work
Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJuly 23, 2016
The Urbana plant was the corporate headquarters until DART bought out the company a few years ago. The facility has since been gutted of all but it's production capacity. Without a significant management presence, there is all but no possibility of promotion.
Perfect job for what few hard working Americans are left.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Dead center of a Godforsaken state, ridiculously hot and 100% humidity 4-6 months out of the year.
Good Benefits and stable work
Inspector/Packer (Current Employee) –  Leola, PANovember 7, 2016
Good Benefits and company. Stable work and no lay offs. Location is good. Not far to drive. Only thing is the hours. There is room to move up in this company and in due time can switch hours when they are posted.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Hours
Inspector Packer
Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJune 23, 2016
I wanted this job so bad and the pay was good for the position. The downside is the work you like slaves, no family time because of work demands. I'm from Michigan and the heat inside the building from temperatures outside made it unbearable with working between 16 machines total that use steam to produce cups. It was hot and what made it worse was the machines breaking down and spitting cups out like crazy and the maintenance people that I feel didn't know what they were doing. Had a experience with one where he lied on me to cover himself because he tried to push up on me and I tried to be nice. Would call him to fix the machines and he would ask me personal questions about me. I never told him anything personal just was hoping he hurried up to fix the machine's so I was cordial. The job was easy, the machines and the heat made it hard to bear.
Pros
My compensation
Cons
heat and machine issues
Good place to work, but plan on working weekends
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Leola, PADecember 14, 2016
7 week schedule with only two weekends off in the 7 weeks. Otherwise, good work environment, clean and conducive to health and welfare of the employee.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Working lots of weekends
Pays better than most but you'll work hard for it
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAAugust 17, 2016
Dart is a great company to work for if you want to build experience in manufacturing and learn about machinery and industrial industry.
If you're a hard worker and don't mind long hours, you will always have a job at Dart.
Pros
Pays well, good benefits, lots of overtime
Cons
Management (new)
wonderful
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  horsecaveJanuary 15, 2017
one of my favorite jobs to have been a part of. wonderful people and fabulous benefits. managers are well working with the workers. as well as the positive attitude environment
No place for IT folks
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIMay 13, 2016
A typical day would be comprised of dealing with multiple managers having conflicting opinions about processes and any variety of other things. The entire IT architecture is a hot mess, they still have Lotus Notes if you can believe it. Management is a cluster____ in IT and Human Resources. A couple of my coworkers were good people to work with. The rest were complacent in their daily grind and were drinking the corporate koolaid like it was their only nourishment. The hardest part of my job was dealing with management. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting positive feedback about my work from the people I interacted with.
Pros
Health benefits
Day at Dart
THERMOFORMING OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2017
Basically, dart is a semi, okay place to work, outside of the personal relationships upon management (supervisors, HR, senior management, etc) it would most likely be a great place to work. The lack of genuine appreciation, makes the company extremely tiresome and irritating, to go along with a heavy workload and the lowest amount of pay possible. But safety is a high priority there, and that is a place, and the colorfulness of all the employees, make the plant a little more bearable. Ive learned a lot, but I also feel that I didn't learn nearly enough, due to the fear of job security, so other operators are really just reluctant to train you to everything as they should, so you must have a watchful eye, or be left behind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dart Container. Our community is ready to answer.