Dart Container Employee Reviews

Play favorites
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIJanuary 20, 2017
Dart is a great place to work if you are favored by management/HR department, if not, you are in big trouble. You will not get a raise and advancement is impossible. Dart's supervisors play favorites. The pay is horrible if you have to support yourself to live a decent life. They do offer a gym/café, which is quite expensive, but if you are looking for convenience then the café wins. Their health benefits are good but when you only need insurance for two people you still have to pay the family rate whether you need insurance for two people or twelve people. Overall, I would not work here if I could do it all over again. I am currently looking for work elsewhere.
Inspector & packer
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 18, 2017
How does dart label their machines? As numbers or letters?
Someone told me something about the corners and I had no clue what they were talking about
wonderful
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  horsecaveJanuary 15, 2017
one of my favorite jobs to have been a part of. wonderful people and fabulous benefits. managers are well working with the workers. as well as the positive attitude environment
toxic work environment !!
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILJanuary 14, 2017
Was an okay place to work. Past year really cut benefits, while the loads became heavier. Floor loads you stack and pull off. Current management has created a toxic work environment. STAY AWAY from Dart container, North Aurora. They like you to fear your job.
Pros
finding another job
Cons
Management looks down on you.
Day at Dart
THERMOFORMING OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2017
Basically, dart is a semi, okay place to work, outside of the personal relationships upon management (supervisors, HR, senior management, etc) it would most likely be a great place to work. The lack of genuine appreciation, makes the company extremely tiresome and irritating, to go along with a heavy workload and the lowest amount of pay possible. But safety is a high priority there, and that is a place, and the colorfulness of all the employees, make the plant a little more bearable. Ive learned a lot, but I also feel that I didn't learn nearly enough, due to the fear of job security, so other operators are really just reluctant to train you to everything as they should, so you must have a watchful eye, or be left behind.
Hostile Work Enviroment
Mechanic/Operator (Current Employee) –  Leola, PAJanuary 12, 2017
Toxic workplace atmosphere created by incompetent supervisors. Stress caused by large number of employees who dont speak or understand english. Extremely hot buildings in summer. No ventilation and poor air quality in the winter. Human resources reps are complete liars. They will promise a certain wage and schedule before you are hired then change their minds after you start working there.
Pros
they will hire you
Cons
hazardous working conditions
Boring and Demanding
Inspector/Packer relief (Manufacturing) (Former Employee) –  Federalsburg, MDJanuary 9, 2017
I was an inspector packer relief there first off the worst dept. to work for is plates especially B shift. the lead is terrible management has their favorites, you literally do the same thing every day all day, don't look forward to advance in the company because opportunities are slim. the pay is decent for people who don't have to pay bills at home. They expect you to do everything without mistakes but let the Lead make a mistake she will blame it on everyone else but herself. Be Warned and don't tell your business to no one they will gossip. over all dept. manager is cool at times, the supervisor just doesn't care and the lead is absolutely TERRIBLE..
Pros
Thanksgiving Dinner
Cons
pay, management, and everything else in between
busy moderatly paced work environment that promotes a team effort
inspector packer (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILJanuary 4, 2017
the typical work performed and at dart is moderately paced and has a wide variety of jobs to fit ones skill set. There's is plenty of opportunity for advancement and to learn about the machines. The hardest part of the job is that the work can become quite repetitive, the most enjoyable part of the job is the banter and interaction between coworkers
Pros
good oppertunity for advancement, promotes team environment
Cons
repetitve work
Was a fun company to work for
Ga - Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJanuary 4, 2017
It was a preety good,company to work at,i had to run several machines keep my area clean work overtime if needed.i covered for other employee that took vacation...
Pros
work 12 hours to 14 hours a day
Cons
Very hot during the summer
Is a good job but only if you really need a job
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Quitman County, MSJanuary 3, 2017
You have to know how to multi task you will have to do so much at one time some co- workers will help you if you ask for help they do give raises often
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short breaks and you will work every sec your there no restroom breaks
Excellent associates with above expectation knowledge
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 3, 2017
excellent motivated team with willingness for change management. Up and down stream customers gave full support throughout shifts.
Pros
Team concept
Cons
dated equipment
Great Place for Advancement and Growth
Associate Engineering Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIJanuary 3, 2017
During my employment at dart container, I was able to grow and benefit from the company. My area hired based on values matches so you tend to work with people who are in a similar mindset as you. Like any corporate setting, you have a few bad apples, but overall everything was great. The company has gone out of their way to provide a fitness center, cafeteria, and other awesome perks for their corporate employees.
Pros
Free fitness center
Fun loving, productive and rewarding
EPS Print Cup Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIDecember 27, 2016
In conjunction with the leadership teams, set daily goals, communicate with Sales teams, plan daily an weekly production priorities and schedules. Review previous day's production and update priorities. Monitor inventory levels and make decisions to best meet customers' needs. Produce reports to help identify issues and plan resolutions.
Pros
Work independently with accountability. Rewarding at the end of each day.
Cons
Pay scales slightly lower than similar jobs in other industries.
Had a great work partner who really knew a lot about injection molding
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GADecember 22, 2016
Worked a 12 hr. swing shift which was rough since I drove 40+ miles one way to work. Not a lot of family time. Learned a lot about electrical repair thanks to a couple of great electricians. The commute time was the hardest part.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Balance between work life and home life
Great supervisors and managers
Packaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYDecember 16, 2016
Great environment, attitudes, and composition wages. Couldn't ask for better people to work with. Supervisors are helpful and understanding. If your looking for advancement, this place is for you!
They want you to be "successful"
Inspector packer (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKDecember 14, 2016
When you first start off they tell you they want you to be successful. So if your job is to fast pace, slow, or want to try something else just talk to them. Total BS! They expect you to work your butt off with little pay while the operators get paid more and do less work. And don't forget your one break, that's right one break plus lunch makes the last four hours feel like forever.
Pros
Cons
One break, management is lazy, HR does not care about you
Good place to work, but plan on working weekends
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Leola, PADecember 14, 2016
7 week schedule with only two weekends off in the 7 weeks. Otherwise, good work environment, clean and conducive to health and welfare of the employee.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Working lots of weekends
Relaxed work environment
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIDecember 12, 2016
At Dart container I arrive and immediately start going through e-mails. I process orders, take customer service calls, write e-mails internally and externally to customers, review pricing, and a handful of other tasks. This is a fast paced job, but the updated software has made day to day tasks easier.
Pros
Wearing jeans
Cons
Hard to move up in the company
Too Much Favoritism
Truck Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIDecember 12, 2016
Supervisors accuse workers of false information to get them fired so they can bring in their friends and promote people who do not have the knowledge of the position. The supervisors then cover for their friends to keep them from getting in trouble or fired. What a shame that employees that know what they are doing are punished for the sake of favoritism.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Not a good place to work if you are not a supervisor's favorite
Great comopany to work for great owner
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDDecember 6, 2016
We would get to work in the morning do a little cleaning in the room including setting up equipment and computers.
I really learned to work hard as a team because work day not done till all product handled.
Darla Ridgeway is a awesome boss and Pat the owner really cares about his people.
I actually picked up a lot of Spanish four out of the seven of us in the room where Spanish I loved it. We mostly got along great for the 6 1/2 years I worked there.
The meat we delt with had to be kept at 38 and sometimes I couldn't feel my fingers or toes.
The safety committee I was on really worked hard to keep people safe and the team concept and fun training's were awesome
Pros
Very cold long hours
Cons
short breaks short lunch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dart Container. Our community is ready to answer.