Dart Container Employee Reviews

Decent working conditions and environment
Electrical/Electronics Lead (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIOctober 15, 2017
Management seems to understand daily issues mainly because most of them have done your job before. Working conditions and environment are decent in my building. Unfortunately only the basics are taught for the job and prior skill sets seem to go unused and are wasted. It almost seems as if they want entry level people to stay at that level so they don't have to pay them more. I have seen plenty of people come in with the desire to learn and then ultimately get complacent and stop trying to advance. Still, there is a lot here to like as well. Seldom layoffs, occasional employee lunches and events, decent PTO and good people to work with for the most part. All in all, I would recommend Dart but would also explain pros and cons for whomever to consider prior to applying.
productive
INSPECTOR/PACKER (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLOctober 8, 2017
everyday you have to work a different line and or printer and you have to watch 1-5 different machine make different size cups or bowl I learned how to check the cups or bowl to make sure that they where not brittle
Cons
short breaks
Micromanaging and morale problems.
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIOctober 7, 2017
Immediate supervisor is great. I've learned a lot about working in an office from working here. I've gained experience with computers as well. The hardest part of the job is having to rely on other people in order to get your job done.
Depends on your job assignment of the night
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXOctober 4, 2017
You rotate assigned lines every night. Some lines are easy, some will make you want to quit. You make and package cups. If you like to keep to yourself and don't mind a little manual labor then this is the job for you
Chaotic
Clerical Assistant, Traffic Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIOctober 3, 2017
This was a crazy place to work with no respect and no good instruction on how to complete work duties. The management fraternized and picked favorites..
Pros
Love the fish pond and the newer building.
Cons
Low pay, poor management
Excellent company to work
Maintenance/Production Support Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 27, 2017
Every day is a very productive, co-workers are helpful, nice, respectful understandable , a very safe place to work, management always having meetings for safety regulations, also this company have their employees to be part of safety teams to improve and to prevent safety issues
Pros
Safety teams free lunches two picnics a year with great food games etc
Cons
Extremely hot during the summer
the campany is well paid
Lead Extrusion Operator/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Leola, PASeptember 25, 2017
this company is a good company to work for, I work for this company for about 16 years, I had to leave because I wanted to work in the field of my studies.
Pros
this company never lay-off
Cons
easily fires people
dart
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GASeptember 25, 2017
packing boxes for 12 hours a day, using ct scan, making sure print was good on cups, checking cups every 5 cases, learned how to clean the machine down due to misprint on cups
Pros
health care
Cons
short breaks
Good!
Machinist Level II and Mechanic Level II (Former Employee) –  Federalsburg, MDSeptember 25, 2017
Good place to work for... has many skilled long time employees at SOLO who had been acquired by DART. Location set the pay and within the field of work i feel it was very low sadly.
Pros
Great people / company
Cons
Low pay
Childish management and childish workers
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 24, 2017
The supervisors here are new and have no idea what they are doing. They workers run a muck and do drugs in the parking lot and the management turns a blind eye to it. The leads are on drugs as well.
Decent Company to work for
Relief Lead/ Forklift Operator/Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 22, 2017
They support and encourage growth within the Company. They pay fairly well and have good benefits. Warehouse can be a bit challenging but they have advanced their techniques to make it easier. Hardest part of job was manually unloading trailers. Overall good experience working for them
Competative
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Waxhachie,TX.September 18, 2017
A typical work day was hot and extremely load. As a machine operator for the production of styro foam cups, as well as operating the printing machines, labeling and packaging machines made it very fast paced, and I had to very alert at all times to keep up a constant flow for production.
Pros
Competative
Cons
Extremely load environment
Productive with lots of overtime
Shift Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GASeptember 14, 2017
Productive place with a lot of overtime. A lot of xenophobia and I do not why ? I did learn a lot mostly on my own which is a little bit frustrating .... Did learn a lot about hydraulics and pneumatics but did not learn a lot about electrical . I want to be more an Electromechanical Maintenance Technician
Decent place but not for everyone
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYSeptember 14, 2017
It's not an awful place to work but it's not the best either it's somewhere in the middle. They are reasonably fair you could say in some things not as much with other
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Probation period with the points
Productive, Well Run Company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYSeptember 12, 2017
The pace at Dart was quick. The product is quality product with good inspection before being sent out the door. The management team worked together and the workplace culture was pleasant.
Pros
Employee Christmas party and meals
Cut throat
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Leola, PASeptember 11, 2017
Very very very bad place to work .only thinking of the company,not employee's.Management would put your buisness out on the floor.say one thing, do another.
Pros
location
Cons
everything else.
Dart Container
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Mason, MISeptember 11, 2017
It's a decent place to work, especially if you're right out of college. It will provide you with a place to gain a few years of experience to put on your resume. However, there are few opportunities for advancement in certain areas of the company, and the pay isn't competitive when compared to similar positions at other companies. So, I would not recommend that you stay with Dart Container for the long term. Pad your resume and move on to something better.
I enjoyed working as a thermo-form operator.
In-Line Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYSeptember 11, 2017
Fast-paced, hard work. There were good managers who were knowledgeable in the field. I learned how to adjust air pressure to form cup lids and plates correctly. The most enjoyable part is seeing the finished product going out and getting higher production numbers than the more experienced operators.
Pros
Working and learning.
Cons
Equipment breakdown.
dart container in dallas, tx
Machine Operator II (Current Employee) –  4444 W Ledbetter Dr, Dallas, TX 75236September 8, 2017
This place pay unfair start paid is 10 or 11 dollar an hour.
working 8 hours a day and only get 37.50 hours on pay check for one week.
They will not pay employees 8 hour on five days a week only 7.5 hours one day only.
I thing cause of the race and location.
Unfair.....
I dont know how they can make this happen unfair
never get that much raise only 5 cent or 30 cent
Pros
safty thats all
Cons
dont care about employees, only care about company money and them self
Productive workplace/Good teamwork
INSPECTOR/PACKER (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GASeptember 7, 2017
I am satisfied with my employment with Dart Container. I have enjoyed my 3 year tenure with the company and wish that I didn't have to relocate. I am looking to advance with another company with the same type of work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dart Container. Our community is ready to answer.