Dart Container Employee Reviews in United States

fun workplace
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Leola, PAJuly 25, 2016
Very nice workplace and would work here again most of the people were very nice but a few employees were mean.
Pros
helpful people
Cons
short breaks
The median of production work
Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJuly 23, 2016
The Urbana plant was the corporate headquarters until DART bought out the company a few years ago. The facility has since been gutted of all but it's production capacity. Without a significant management presence, there is all but no possibility of promotion.
Perfect job for what few hard working Americans are left.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Dead center of a Godforsaken state, ridiculously hot and 100% humidity 4-6 months out of the year.
Probably the worst company
Inspector/Packer (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJuly 20, 2016
This place is a joke period management doesn't care anything about the employees.The supervisors have no clue what there doing your co workers are a bunch of miserable people to be around.The cup mechanics have no clue what they are doing and most people just don't care.The turnover rate at this place is ridiculous all the new hires don't stay at this dump for even a month before they quit and I can't blame them.This place clearly need a plant manager who know how to run a plant and one that actually cares about the employees.I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy avoid this place at all cost.Im not going to even talk about the heat issues in this place but trust this is not the company you want to work for period!!!!!!
ok place
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Leola, PAJuly 15, 2016
good place to learn about plastic and styra foam and how clear plastic clam shells are made they need more organization in some areas
Great place to work, great group of people!
Bilingual Pricing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIJuly 11, 2016
The thing that makes this position great is the awesome group of people you work with, management and co-workers included. There are challenges, but with challenges come victories! Contrary to the previous comment, Dart's compensation is very competitive and there is good room for advancement.

There is a cafe, gym, and generous company activities. This is the best job I've had!
Pros
Great campus, great culture, great people
Cons
20-minute commute to Mason
Overall not a bad job
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCJuly 11, 2016
Good job with excellent benefits. Management was good. Typical work day was 8 hours. Lots of overtime. Co-workers for the most part were friendly. Hard part of the job during summer months machines break down a lot. Spend a lot of time troubleshooting equipment cause it's old.
Pros
Year long schedule so you can plan vacations. Benefits.
Cons
Short breaks. Summer months very hot.
I hope the have changed
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2016
It was a good job that I had working for them but they gave me no training and criticize me for not doing what they didn't teach me to do. They should have done better with giving me a real chance to prove myself. I hope they are doing better with their new employees now.
help and service all aspect off the prodution floor
Maintenance Technician mold room (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILJuly 7, 2016
Help those in need and to give my professional advice and experience. repair and rebuild tooling and mold bases and clamp frames as needed. sharpen tooling and clean tooling so that it is ready for the next run.That all people make mistakes and you need to find out what caused the mistake and fix it.You also need to ask questions and search for the answer you need to complete job task. That all management personal have there fault's and you must work with them right or wrong, some r just get by and some r dedicated to the job. Love my co-workers They r a bunch off well informed,and that I would love to work with them and learn from them as well as they have learned from me. leaving something unfinished, fixing a problem that has been down for 2 to 4 hrs that they over looked.
Pros
ability to do good work
Cons
no graditude for what you have done to save money for the company
Great company, culture, people, and environment. Low salary
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIJune 29, 2016
Everything you would want in a company. great management, great culture, supports employee development. The only down side is the salary. It is much lower compared to other companies,
Pros
Free Gym, Experience base promotion
Cons
Low Salary.
Inspector Packer
Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJune 23, 2016
I wanted this job so bad and the pay was good for the position. The downside is the work you like slaves, no family time because of work demands. I'm from Michigan and the heat inside the building from temperatures outside made it unbearable with working between 16 machines total that use steam to produce cups. It was hot and what made it worse was the machines breaking down and spitting cups out like crazy and the maintenance people that I feel didn't know what they were doing. Had a experience with one where he lied on me to cover himself because he tried to push up on me and I tried to be nice. Would call him to fix the machines and he would ask me personal questions about me. I never told him anything personal just was hoping he hurried up to fix the machine's so I was cordial. The job was easy, the machines and the heat made it hard to bear.
Pros
My compensation
Cons
heat and machine issues
A solid place to work
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIJune 21, 2016
There are plenty of opportunities for advancement and further development. Great work culture and colleagues.
overview
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYJune 15, 2016
depending on the weather cause there was no air or heat whatever it was outside is what it was there. the work was easy and co workers were great. wasn't much of a chance of advancement.
good
Film Excusion machine operator (Former Employee) –  Leola, PAJune 15, 2016
good place to go work. good people around. good management. I learned to drive forklift. my typical day was me running up and down the lines helping people
Easy work
Cup Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 8, 2016
Don't have any time for your family if you work 4-12am time. Management can be better, some of the manager have really bad communication skills
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Never hown
productive work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GAJune 6, 2016
Fast pace job but very laid back . I enjoy working with other people , i took team work to get thru each day.
I work well individually and in teams
You have to manage your time to get the job done
Encouraging your co workers is import throughout the day .
Working in the heat was tough some days with it being almost in the hundreds sometimes.
clean work place
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 3, 2016
I enjoyed working, making cleaning understanding, helping maybe change alittle of how things were done, to make it a fun place to work
i honestly thought that this company was not fair for women driving forklift machine
very fast paced and a safe work environment
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Corona, CA 92880May 27, 2016
I worked at Dart Container for 1 full year. In that period of time I learned a lot about the warehousing field. I quickly learned the ropes and was promoted to shift leader.
Pros
Gained imperative knowledge
Cons
I enjoyed my job, i just felt that most of the time things were not done equally
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCMay 17, 2016
the job itself was alright, the coworkers I had were team players. The communication between supervisor and staff was not very good. And you are advised to ask questions, but they were not always answered in a timely manner.
Pros
there wasnt micro managing. your assignment was given and i would just do my job
Cons
The hours and the miscommunication or noncommunication until after the fact
n/a
Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXMay 14, 2016
Inspect Cups
Report any problems with machines
Stack Boxes
Very hot
Release other people for lunch breaks
standing up for very long periods of time
No place for IT folks
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIMay 13, 2016
A typical day would be comprised of dealing with multiple managers having conflicting opinions about processes and any variety of other things. The entire IT architecture is a hot mess, they still have Lotus Notes if you can believe it. Management is a cluster____ in IT and Human Resources. A couple of my coworkers were good people to work with. The rest were complacent in their daily grind and were drinking the corporate koolaid like it was their only nourishment. The hardest part of my job was dealing with management. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting positive feedback about my work from the people I interacted with.
Pros
Health benefits