Dart Container Employee Reviews

Great comopany to work for great owner
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDDecember 6, 2016
We would get to work in the morning do a little cleaning in the room including setting up equipment and computers.
I really learned to work hard as a team because work day not done till all product handled.
Darla Ridgeway is a awesome boss and Pat the owner really cares about his people.
I actually picked up a lot of Spanish four out of the seven of us in the room where Spanish I loved it. We mostly got along great for the 6 1/2 years I worked there.
The meat we delt with had to be kept at 38 and sometimes I couldn't feel my fingers or toes.
The safety committee I was on really worked hard to keep people safe and the team concept and fun training's were awesome
Pros
Very cold long hours
Cons
short breaks short lunch.
A good place to work for some people
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIDecember 6, 2016
There just seems to be an underlying issue in this company with its management. There are so many occurrences of decisions made that defy logic and reason. It seems like if you were considered a favorite and had some inside track in the company, it may be worth it, otherwise everybody else gets chewed up and spit out.
OK place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 10, 2016
Oversaw all aspects of production, quality control as well as handle all employee related issues.

A great deal of my day was spent handling and resolving issues.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with a union work environment.
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting production quotas and helping other people be successful.
very laid back company
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 9, 2016
just make sure that you always on time with getting to work ,the company has a lot of room for growth you always move up in the company
Good Benefits and stable work
Inspector/Packer (Current Employee) –  Leola, PANovember 7, 2016
Good Benefits and company. Stable work and no lay offs. Location is good. Not far to drive. Only thing is the hours. There is room to move up in this company and in due time can switch hours when they are posted.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Hours
Worst company to work for
former packer (Former Employee) –  Tumwater, WANovember 2, 2016
Small pay but a lot of work, they want you to bust your butt like your in a Chinese sweat shop , and it doesn't matter how much work you do they don't appreciate it. You will get a raise one time a year which will be 30cents or less more likely less. No incentives. They treat the guys who have been there the longest like they just walked thru the door
The HR person is Horrid !!! she will lie to you and then turn around lie to the manager.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
It's ran by guys who does not care about their employees
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILOctober 26, 2016
Small pay but a lot of work, they want you to break your neck just to make your pph, and it doesn't matter how much work you do they don't appreciate it. You will get a raise one time a year which will be 30cents or less more likely less. No incentives. They treat the guys who been there the longest like they just walked threw the door. You have to drive your forklift in reverse all your shift
Pros
You maybe get some free cups and plates
Cons
This is one experience that will push you to go to school to get a career rather than a job, especially at dart container
It was a good weekly paying job
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILOctober 11, 2016
It was a good job that paid every week. It was the overnights that made me relocate my job. Other than that i loved the fact it was really easy
Job Culture 2,Management 4,Job security 3,Benefits2,Life balance 3
Product handler (Current Employee) –  Federalsburgh, MdOctober 3, 2016
I started working at Dart as a temp. I rolled over in October of 2015. Tomorrow is my first anniversary. I work from nights from 11pm -7am Monday-Friday. I've learned how to make paper plates, paper cups, plastic cups, and plastic lids. My boss is great. I have learned how to deal with co-workers not doing there share. Learned how to walk away from certain situations when I get upset. Walk a way, breathe, and recollect myself.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not enough money
Print cups and Styrofoam good job Friendly place to work
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYOctober 2, 2016
Good job just hot! Friendly people good training. And overtime.Good pay and double time on holidays it has a high turn over due to heat.but it offers good heslth insurance and the worst part of the job is the machines always break down and will not run when its hot its nerve wrecking makes you wanna scream.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Breaks to short and health insurance to expensive
To obtain a position in production and to utilize my knowledge and experience
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GASeptember 30, 2016
Inspecting product and making sure that the product is produced properly. And making sure gap height and weight is correct.
Pros
Payed lunch breakes.
Cons
A lil hot sometimes.
Productive and Good workplace
Basic Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2016
Great work experience & many skills learned while I was employed with the company
Held many different positions which included Packer, Forklift Driver, Cycle Counter, Office Clerk
Worked with various backgrounds and the experience iis greatly appreciated
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
Advancement
Job security
Film Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Leola, PASeptember 20, 2016
Good secure place to work , friendly environment, great benefits, good pay. Advancement opportunity is there . Work schedules are not the best .
Benefits
Cons
Work schedule
Family focused company with opportunities
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mason, MISeptember 20, 2016
I've worked at Dart for 9+ years and have been awarded many new opportunities and experiences based on my performance. The company has solid benefits and their employee events allow you to spend time with colleagues outside of work. I've met so many wonderful people in my time here and have made great friendships. The tenure of employees is impressive. The new facilities (corporate office, fitness center and cafe) re wonderful and make you feel valued as an employee
Cons
Could have more paid time off.
Laid back
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Horse cabeSeptember 19, 2016
Easy, training for new employees is lacking. Upper management is less than eager to provide help when needed. No mandatory overtime. Overtime is typically available for those who wish to work.
Pros
Laid back, competitive pay
Cons
Short breaks, very hot in summer
dump!!!!!, long hours, low wages, you are a number.... nothing more
no comment (Current Employee) –  Leola, PASeptember 17, 2016
the machine shop MANAGER, Bob has a GOD complex, very condescending and threatening. He is an absolute rectal orifice!!!!, he is the reason machinists don't stay at dart!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
everytging
Unprofessional ethics
Inspector packer (Former Employee) –  Lithonia GeorgiaSeptember 16, 2016
Dart Container in Lithonia Georgia is the most horrible unprofessional people management supervisors and coworkers has no value no morals and no ethics they suck. You can't talk to these people they know everything they acts if they are gods, God is all about good period so guess what you are not lol, because they have no clue or what they're doing or what they said or how to lead anyone to follow anything about what they do or what they say because they are so unethical.
Cons
Company is aggressively trying to grow strategically.
Forecast Analyst (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 13, 2016
Sometimes difficult to grasp the vision and priorities of the company without being engaged in the communication process. I'm not sure if some managers have a cross-functional view of the departments and processes at times. However, the company is pursuing a number of initiatives and is currently consolidating it's activities into a new ERP system which will yield significant benefits for years to come.
Pros
Great support for employees with good benefits.
Cons
Company is highly segmented with "siloed" activity.
Blah
Inspector packer (Former Employee) –  Mason, MISeptember 13, 2016
They mandate ot at least 12+hrs a week. Change your schedule in a day notice. Very hot place with very short breaks and lunch.
Benefits
Cons
No life or breaks
Your Life will revolve around cups
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mason, MISeptember 8, 2016
Was there for over a year, had to work mandatory overtime the whole time. Pay was great but don't even think about have a life outside of Dart they like to change your work schedule at the drop of the hat and require you to work upwards of 16 hours of overtime a week. Management will tell you that no excuse is good enough, including dying. But if you love working in a place where you dont get holidays off, are treated horribly, and are blamed for being behind all the time then this is the place for you!
benefits
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dart Container. Our community is ready to answer.