Dart Container Employee Reviews in United States

Good Company Job Security
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Quitman, MSMarch 25, 2016
Good company job security good Benefits they value their employees your off with pay for holidays and Dart feeds everyone during the holiday season and awards are given for safety they continue a follow up with company awards for their employees above all you do work very hard there.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Small Company in my location
Good starting out point
Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIFebruary 29, 2016
This company was a great place for me to start my career. The pay was poor and the benefits were not great, but it provided excellent experience. The position itself had a very narrow focus. Found myself with work completed part-way through the day and would constantly ask management for additional tasks.
Good people, but needs new managers.
Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIJanuary 18, 2016
I'm an inspector packer who worked at Dart as an I/P since 2002. But as of January 4th of 2016, I no longer work there. I liked the majority of the coworkers, the benefits, and the pay was decent. However, since new upper management took over, the work environment went on a down slide.

The new managers is the only problem I have with the Mason plant. They seems to only care about their numbers/production more than about their own employees. Quite a few good people were fired or left because of the unfair practices of management. Because of the many new changes prior to when I started back in 2002, if you can't keep up they will let you go.

However, one of the changes is they push their employees past their limits. The environment is too much stress and pressure because of the expectations of upper management. The work is harder and working your employees to death by mandating overtime for a long period of time is going to wear out their workers. I'll just say this. If you want to work in a place that offers hard work and a lot of hours of overtime, this job might be for you. If you don't like being mandated a lot of overtime to the point where you'll be running ragged, stay away from this place.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits, and good people.
Cons
Management, micro managing, changes much needed.
Good people to work with
Associate Designer (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIMarch 9, 2016
I enjoy working with the people on my team. Benefits package is nice and there is a cafeteria and fitness center for employees
Project Manager, Dart Container (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIOctober 6, 2015
Offers good benefits. Workload is finally getting stable across departments. SAP implementation and the merger of Solo cup were tremendous undertaking that employees were solely focused on the last 3 and a half years
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Limited upward mobilityoptions
Good Starter Job
Group Lead/Machinist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2015
Good Starter job with great hours. No room for growth and management does not listen and solve problems, No bonuses and no raises,
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
No room for growth
nice people to work with
Custodian (Current Employee) –  LeolaNovember 30, 2015
Job is ok other then its third shift, which really isn't working for me. Work two weekends a month which took some getting use to. Benefits and pay are great.
Benefits
Cons
work two weekends a month/third shift
It was productive, most everyone got along, and acted professional.
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYSeptember 23, 2015
It was productive, as long as you done what was required everything flowed smoothly. some days were more exciting than others ranging from slow to fast paced depending on your assigned line.
Pros
Good benefits and job security
Cons
short breaks and high temperatures
Challenging and fast paced place to work with high expectations on everyone.
Print supervisor / also print set up. (Former Employee) –  Mason Mi PlantJune 30, 2015
Dart container is the worlds leader in food service foam and polystyrene products. It is a growing company that recently purchased Solo. Typical day is fast paced lines producing printed cups. Lots of quality and production checking to maintain numbers.
I learned how to work well under pressure and with all different people. Co- workers are trained to be respectful and accountable. Hardest part for me as I aged was to keep pace and handle the physical duties, as well as the mandatory overtime.Most enjoyable part was the challenge to produce quality setups and keep ahead of the orders.

I stated before that I am retired but not ready to stop working all together so is the reason I am looking for a new challenge for part time.
Pros
Good benefits and pay.
Cons
Some what stressful and chaotic due to the high work load.
Productive and fun workplace
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXMay 16, 2015
Time management is very important. There are numerous areas that have to be inspected within the shift. Quality control requires attention to detail, organization, and excellent communication skills. In this position you are required to send emails to all management informing them of pending product issues. This is not an ideal position for an individual that wants to be liked by everyone. As in everyday life, no one likes for their mistakes to be identified by another individual. With that said, it is important for anyone in this position to have excellent communication skill to avoid unnecessary conflict. As quality control inspector, you are required to determine the source of the deficiencies as quickly as possible to avoid errors in SAP.
Pros
Example: good medical benifits
Cons
Example: extremely hot working conditions

Want to know more about Dart Container?

Ask a question
production fast pace.
Maintenence Technician (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GAMarch 3, 2016
Management is horrible. HR always has payroll issues. Safety is just a dog and pony show. Dead end career, no opportunity. Workers in constant fear of being watched.
Pros
Cons
management. culture.
Inspector Packer
Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJune 23, 2016
I wanted this job so bad and the pay was good for the position. The downside is the work you like slaves, no family time because of work demands. I'm from Michigan and the heat inside the building from temperatures outside made it unbearable with working between 16 machines total that use steam to produce cups. It was hot and what made it worse was the machines breaking down and spitting cups out like crazy and the maintenance people that I feel didn't know what they were doing. Had a experience with one where he lied on me to cover himself because he tried to push up on me and I tried to be nice. Would call him to fix the machines and he would ask me personal questions about me. I never told him anything personal just was hoping he hurried up to fix the machine's so I was cordial. The job was easy, the machines and the heat made it hard to bear.
Pros
My compensation
Cons
heat and machine issues
No place for IT folks
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIMay 13, 2016
A typical day would be comprised of dealing with multiple managers having conflicting opinions about processes and any variety of other things. The entire IT architecture is a hot mess, they still have Lotus Notes if you can believe it. Management is a cluster____ in IT and Human Resources. A couple of my coworkers were good people to work with. The rest were complacent in their daily grind and were drinking the corporate koolaid like it was their only nourishment. The hardest part of my job was dealing with management. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting positive feedback about my work from the people I interacted with.
Pros
Health benefits
Product Handler (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKOctober 10, 2015
It is an easy job if you don't mind standing for 8 hours and like to do the same thing over and over. The pay isn't great just starting out.
Benefits
Cons
Horrible starting pay
working you like a robot not human
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMay 2, 2016
Dart has great health insurance. The working conditions are very very poor. hot dirty and NO chance of advancement. you have to be in a click to get treated properly. If they don't like you your going to get fired. They don't care about your work just if they like your personality. loose people faster than they can hire. Management is only about production and profit and their own bonuses. Don't care about he employees work almost every weekend and holidays. Bosses are very under trained and have no people skills. Management and H.R. are not for the employees.
Pros
great insurance
Cons
no support from management or H.R.
Stressful Job
Print Mechanic Helper / Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Quitman, MSMay 11, 2016
When I first started at Dart very good I enjoyed my job as the management changed the job got worse focus on the money instead of the workers and the quality of the product. A typical day at this place was very stressful and tired. Come home and didn't have the energy to cook or enjoy my family. My coworkers was also stress so no way they could get along with you. The only thing that I learned is the skills that I needed to be able to get the job done and to help me when I move on to another job.
Pros
Insurance was very good
Cons
Short breaks and lunch
great work environment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 22, 2016
On a typical day i would inspect and pack foam products. I learned to work with printing machines along with forming machines. management and co-workers were always helpful and always willing to give advice. The only hard part was in the beginning getting used to the work flow. The most enjoyable part was working with the people there.
Pros
Plenty of breaks
Cons
I enjoyed my job, i just felt that most of the time things were not done equally
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCMay 17, 2016
the job itself was alright, the coworkers I had were team players. The communication between supervisor and staff was not very good. And you are advised to ask questions, but they were not always answered in a timely manner.
Pros
there wasnt micro managing. your assignment was given and i would just do my job
Cons
The hours and the miscommunication or noncommunication until after the fact
always making employees any changes as far as the job is concern
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCMarch 20, 2016
The ability to communicate with coworkers and management adds excitement to the job itself. Also the ability to make decisions on the spare of the moment.
Pros
changes within the company
Cons
no sick days
productive environment
inspector packer (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCJanuary 13, 2016
Have never worked second shift I was not so enthuse about it but it turned out to be very good. Everyone has a very good positive perspective towards the duties.
Pros
Cons
healthcare