Dart Container Employee Reviews in United States

working you like a robot not human
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMay 2, 2016
Dart has great health insurance. The working conditions are very very poor. hot dirty and NO chance of advancement. you have to be in a click to get treated properly. If they don't like you your going to get fired. They don't care about your work just if they like your personality. loose people faster than they can hire. Management is only about production and profit and their own bonuses. Don't care about he employees work almost every weekend and holidays. Bosses are very under trained and have no people skills. Management and H.R. are not for the employees.
Pros
great insurance
Cons
no support from management or H.R.
Everyone was a team player.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAApril 30, 2016
Managers or was very understanding as far as if you needed a day off to deal with your child or chidren you had that opportunity just get yourself together and make sure that their okay
Pros
Go for a different position or move up
Cons
Very dusty
productive work place
Print on cups (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCApril 21, 2016
here I watched the print on cups, and made sure color and print was good. I packed the cups once they was finished. I also looked for cracks and dents in the cups. the most challenging thing is the heat, the plant has extreme temperatures.
Fun environment
BEAD HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Leola, PAApril 19, 2016
Fun first time job in this career field. Made a lot of friends while being productive. after maintaining this job for some time unfortunately I felt the need to move forward else ware.
productive and fun workplace
Packer, Trainer, GMP UP (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCApril 17, 2016
A typical day at work consist of team work and getting the job done. Co-workers are good people to be around. The management is good overall but some could be looked into.
Pros
excellent benifits
Cons
short breaks, managment tends to believe their pet peeves instead of the accused employees
Great
Parts Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Leola, PAMarch 29, 2016
A very nice and balanced company to work for, this is a Dental Office with lots of pros and room to grow in the future. Very humble and nice private practice.
Good Company Job Security
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Quitman, MSMarch 25, 2016
Good company job security good Benefits they value their employees your off with pay for holidays and Dart feeds everyone during the holiday season and awards are given for safety they continue a follow up with company awards for their employees above all you do work very hard there.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Small Company in my location
great work environment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 22, 2016
On a typical day i would inspect and pack foam products. I learned to work with printing machines along with forming machines. management and co-workers were always helpful and always willing to give advice. The only hard part was in the beginning getting used to the work flow. The most enjoyable part was working with the people there.
Pros
Plenty of breaks
Cons
always making employees any changes as far as the job is concern
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCMarch 20, 2016
The ability to communicate with coworkers and management adds excitement to the job itself. Also the ability to make decisions on the spare of the moment.
Pros
changes within the company
Cons
no sick days
A good company, with good people.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIMarch 10, 2016
The work can be fast paced. Co-workers are friendly, with a team approach. I enjoy the challenges presented, and the opportunity for ownership of issues. The facilities are excellent and well maintained.
Good people to work with
Associate Designer (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIMarch 9, 2016
I enjoy working with the people on my team. Benefits package is nice and there is a cafeteria and fitness center for employees
great pay
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYMarch 5, 2016
the pay is great and the medical etc is great. the new SAP system is a little hard to keep up with but its not to bad. I have some of the best co-workers, there are a few bad apples but 95% of them are great people to work with.
production fast pace.
Maintenence Technician (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GAMarch 3, 2016
Management is horrible. HR always has payroll issues. Safety is just a dog and pony show. Dead end career, no opportunity. Workers in constant fear of being watched.
Pros
Cons
management. culture.
Good starting out point
Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIFebruary 29, 2016
This company was a great place for me to start my career. The pay was poor and the benefits were not great, but it provided excellent experience. The position itself had a very narrow focus. Found myself with work completed part-way through the day and would constantly ask management for additional tasks.
Great Professional
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mason, MIFebruary 24, 2016
Great work environment, excellent training in SAP Management and coworkers fun. wages low, needs a little planing in training
Fair pay for work
Plant Engineering/Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 22, 2016
Good company to work for.

Work/Life balance was the best I ever had.

Organization is too tall. No reason for regional positions
Typical Production Workplace
Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Leola, PAFebruary 11, 2016
Dart is a place where you would go work if you didn't have any college experience or just came straight from high school. Being a packer doesn't require much thinking but it requires a good amount of labor.
Pros
Pay is fairly well
Cons
Hot, dirty, bad/lazy coworkers
very good health care
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCFebruary 11, 2016
They have very good health care coverage. the managers are very good, they work with you on the lines, and they are welling to help you understand your job.
Pros
Good health care coverage.
Cons
in the summer it is hot and winter it is cold
Fun place to work
Systems operator/blender (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJanuary 28, 2016
Great place to work I miss it a lots, scheduled only six months per year but all days was 12 hr shifts my last 3 jobs was the same
Pros
GREAT WORK ENVIROMENT
Cons
HIGH PRESSURE JOB SOME CANNOT HANDLE
Good people, but needs new managers.
Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIJanuary 18, 2016
I'm an inspector packer who worked at Dart as an I/P since 2002. But as of January 4th of 2016, I no longer work there. I liked the majority of the coworkers, the benefits, and the pay was decent. However, since new upper management took over, the work environment went on a down slide.

The new managers is the only problem I have with the Mason plant. They seems to only care about their numbers/production more than about their own employees. Quite a few good people were fired or left because of the unfair practices of management. Because of the many new changes prior to when I started back in 2002, if you can't keep up they will let you go.

However, one of the changes is they push their employees past their limits. The environment is too much stress and pressure because of the expectations of upper management. The work is harder and working your employees to death by mandating overtime for a long period of time is going to wear out their workers. I'll just say this. If you want to work in a place that offers hard work and a lot of hours of overtime, this job might be for you. If you don't like being mandated a lot of overtime to the point where you'll be running ragged, stay away from this place.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits, and good people.
Cons
Management, micro managing, changes much needed.