Dart Container

Dart Container Employee Reviews

Good Money Bad Timing!!
Inspector Packer (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXMay 17, 2015
Pros: Good People
Cons: 10 minutes breaks, 20 minutes lunches, some workers driving forklifts to fast, very loud, very hot and humid.
My time at Dart Container started by going through a new Temp Agency called Express Employment Professional. My agent said they are paying $12.86 an Hour with 12 hour rotating shifts A-Shift 7:30am-&:30pm. One week I am off Monday and Tuesday, work Wednesday and Thursday one week, have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off and one week were I work Monday and Tuesday, off Wednesday and Thursday, and work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Co-Workers were okay, some have been there long, tell me good things on how I work good and don't complain. We all show up in the break room until we have to clock in, were me and my co-workers wait on the supervisor to gives us a lineup on what part of the warehouse. Mostly I was to ensure that the product being manufactured meets quality control standards. I perform visual inspections of products. I inspect filled containers to ensure that product is packaged according to customer specifications.
Great Company
Transportation Procurement Analyst (Former Employee), Mason, MIMay 17, 2015
This is a great company to work for. Very smart, high technology and happy work environment. Pay is very low at any level. Otherwise this is a great place to work.
Productive and fun workplace
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), Waxahachie, TXMay 16, 2015
Pros: Example: good medical benifits
Cons: Example: extremely hot working conditions
Time management is very important. There are numerous areas that have to be inspected within the shift. Quality control requires attention to detail, organization, and excellent communication skills. In this position you are required to send emails to all management informing them of pending product issues. This is not an ideal position for an individual that wants to be liked by everyone. As in everyday life, no one likes for their mistakes to be identified by another individual. With that said, it is important for anyone in this position to have excellent communication skill to avoid unnecessary conflict. As quality control inspector, you are required to determine the source of the deficiencies as quickly as possible to avoid errors in SAP.
Great Company
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Randleman, NCMay 12, 2015
Pros: Team Environment
Cons: Cannot trust Management
Great organization, The management is below standards because they do not develop their people. Management have favorites within the Randleman Plant.
No feedback
Machine Operator II (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 1, 2015
I don't have anything to say about this company good or bad, I am just using this experience as a stepping stone. I will say that the have a very high turn over rate.......?
Fast paced and team oriented
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Randleman, NCApril 29, 2015
Pros: Positive work environment with little holding you back from advancement in the company
Cons: The schedule is the hardest part of the job.
You have to be observant and work well with others.
Above all being save is a must.
I've learned a great deal about extrusion production and working as a group to complete a job.
Management were always helpful and understanding but by the book.
Management rely on employee's who want to work and are willing to do what is required to finish a job.
As in every job you have co-workers who were more reliable than others but all in all the job is what you make of it.
The hardest part was the shift I worked. 3rd shift is a very difficult to do and have a normal life.
I worked with a good group of people who made the job fun.
Productive and interesting work environment
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXApril 26, 2015
Pros: Ability to purchase products made
Cons: Short breaks
Work 8- 12 hours inspecting print details on cups for customer orders. I learned a lot about work place safety. Enjoyable crew that was willing to help you out when needed. The hardest part of the job was leaving it. The most enjoyable time was the company functions, including company picnic and parties.
Don't Work for Dart Engineering!
Engineer (Former Employee), Mason, MIApril 22, 2015
Dart Container likes to pride itself on being a wonderful place to work. I'm sure it is a great place in some areas of the company, but the Engineering Department is not one of them. In Engineering you will find lots of hidden agendas, lots of grudges being held both by employees and managers, people who are fed up with the work environment. I worked there for a couple years and in that time probably two dozen people lost their jobs, many for no apparent reason. It seems that at Dart Engineering, if you manager likes you there is no problem, but if he doesn't he racks up a case to get rid of you. I would never advise anyone to take a job in their Engineering Department. I have never found a more caustic and negative work environment than I found at Dart Engineering.
Fast paced, high stress, and most rewarding of all my positions with the company.
National Account Manager (Current Employee), Based in Cincinnati OHApril 14, 2015
Pros: conventions and travel
Cons: At times the travel could be a bit much.
In National Accounts we worked with the largest customers in the industry, which enabled me to gain valuable experience. Working with such large numbers, forced me to understand how production works throughout multiple plant and distribution locations throughout the country. I called on some of the highest ranking buyers and procurement managers within my customers' organizations, which allowed me to gain confidence that I can sell to an audience of any status.
Company is great to employees even temps.
A/P Clerk (Former Employee), Mason, MIApril 14, 2015
Need to work out kinks in the computer system.
It takes to long for a new person to get the equipment and passwords to start working.
Daily Work
Packer (Former Employee), Federalsburg, MDApril 14, 2015
Switched from job to job allowing me to learn new jobs. Personel for repqairing machins was never easy to find, and when you did find them most were rude and lazy about getting their job done so you could do yours. In some stations they had a pay differentual but never seen them.
Pay is good
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Cave City, KYApril 11, 2015
Pros: Pay is good
Cons: short breaks
Running the machines and computers to make the products. Have to be a team player. Have good communication with employees and supervisors.
great work place
Thermoforming Operator (Former Employee), Leola, PAApril 2, 2015
Pros: alot or parties
Cons: dirty
Dart is overall a good place to work. depending on which dept you are in. Their machines are a bit out dated by it does the job. coworkers are great. alot of minorities. its a melting pot. the temperature does exceed 100 degrees during the summer days and nights. great if you are a smoker too. they have smoke rooms.
Great Benifits
Shipping/Receiving (Current Employee), Lodi, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Great benifits
Cons: Low Pay For Warehouse
Pull orders with the clamp lift then hand stack(lump) product into trucks to ensure you get more product on the truck than with pallets. Unload trucks using hands and lift. Put incoming product away in set locations. Co-workers are mostly female and don't ever wanna get off the lift to help the newer guys out that are hand stacking product even tho its also there job to do the same stuff. Manager is ok assistant is alot better/ more friendly and will help you out.
Not a very good work enviornment
Lead Warehouse Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee), Plant City, FLMarch 14, 2015
There is too many favoritism they go by a point system and even if you go to work one minute late you get a point.
Supervisors are not well knowledgeable and they do not apply all the policy to everyone
Great Place to work however...
Bilingual Pricing and Support Specialist (Current Employee), Mason, MIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: fun, lots of activites, good health and wellness program, 401k plan.
Cons: low pay for the work load.
I love working here, great atmosphere and benefits. Great culture and extra-cirricular activites. However, the pay is very low for the work load.
Tough demanding job
Building Maintenance (Current Employee), Olympia, WAMarch 1, 2015
A typical day at work starts with the prior shift just ending their day and we pick up where they left off. I learned to be a great communicator when I had to finish tasks i didn't start and to work well in a team environment.
First Job
Lead-Man for the Maintenance Department (Former Employee), Corona, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: to hot to work
It was hot environment.

I learned how to deal with a miss management.

The people hardly spoke English.

It was a job to go to that provided me with benefits.
busy workplace.easily done
warehouse laborer (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: great pay every week
DART Container is one of the most sought after jobs here in Waxahachie. When I was hired there, my mind frame was nothing like it is now. I really didn't take that job serious like I know I was suppose to.I enjoyed doing my work there.Driving forklifts is a good experience.The hardest part of this job is clocking out.A typical day at work would be just loading a trailer the assigned packages
Lovely place to work at, friendly people
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Horse Cave, KYFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: short breaks
It was great money, everybody was friendly. helpful supervisors.
it was well organized and everybody helped everybody. it was like a big family there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dart Container

Dart sets the industry standard of excellence by efficiently providing high quality foodservice packaging solutions and – Read more

Dart Container Salaries