Dart Transit Company

Dart Transit Company Employee Reviews

Stable Company
Senior Logistics Manager (Current Employee), Lancaster, TXApril 30, 2015
This organization provides a stable environment in which to work in. Management has changed over the years which is resulting in a higher turnover.
Its a decent company really no complaints
Short-Haul Class A Driver (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 28, 2014
Pros: home everyday
Cons: not enough miles inconsistant loads
I worked 12 to 13 hour days. Gained more experience driving a manual transmission. Management and co workers were decent people. The hardest part of job was finding some of the distribution centers. Most enjoyable part was driving on the road
The pay is to low
Owner Operator (Former Employee), Eagan, MNFebruary 18, 2014
Cons: all cons and scam
The pay is to low, and they take to much out, you will not see much.
You will not see what they say you will make, it's all lies.
This is just another scam that don't pay.
Work for another company!!
Driver (Former Employee), Eagan, MN. Buford, GA (South East Short HaulFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: home time
Cons: have to fight with dispatch constant to get loads & to get paid for what you're owed
The company it's self is not a bad co, but if you are looking to be able to support yourself & family you're not gonna be able to do it here. I was a company driver for a year & struggled every week. Dispatch & management are the biggest problem. You'll be sitting ALOT waiting on loads. Then once you can get a load it might not del for 20-24 hours. And they deliver a lot to grocery warehouses were anyone who has delivered to groceries knows you're gonna be waiting for quite awhile to get unloaded. Well you have to give them the 1st 2 hrs before you are eligible for detention. Then even after doing everything they require you to do to get detention pay, you're gonna have to fight with them to get you're money. Usually gonna take at least 2 weeks to get your detention pay if you can even get them to pay you for it. You're gonna be dispatched late 90% of the time also. Long story short the absolute worst company I've ever worked for when it comes to getting paid what you're owed!
They keep me busy.
Local Truck Driver (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: nice new truck to drive
Cons: the switching of shifts
A typical day starts at midnight. I don't get off until noon. I don't mind so much working this shift but some days they switch me around. I want to work same basic hours. My co-workers are fine.The hardest part is trying to sleep at different times. But I do love driving a truck.
Dart
Class A Driver (Current Employee), Buford, GAJuly 10, 2013
Good company, they gave me the opportunity to work in the yard as a yard jockey and got the chance to communicate with other employees whom drive long distant.
The company is not bad.They do offer easy entrance to owner/operator.
Owner Operator (Former Employee), Egan,MnApril 9, 2012
Pros: easy to get into job
Cons: a job you will have to be married to, the truck cost, about a 100 dollars a day driveing or sitting, plus the fuel around 1600.00 a week.
Dart as a whole is not a bad company.I did however get frustrated with alot of the tack on fees to my check statments.Very excessive.As a O/O with buying their trucks "which mine was very nice to me"I found myself calculating an earning of just 8cpm.Alot of that due to poor dispatching,Example after 34 hr break dispatched 200 miles dead head to get load going 300 miles to Buffalo,NY get to Buffalo deliver and sit for 3 days waiting for load this would happen 1 or 2 time a week.
I did maintian 98% on time delivery,The 2% was within the hour of delivery time,due to weather conditions

About Dart Transit Company

Dart Transit has a reputation as America’s top carrier for independent contractors. You can contract with Dart with confidence, – Read more

Dart Transit Company Salaries

$5,749 per month
Owner/Operator
$3,243 per week

Dart Transit Company Photos

Recent truck school graduates: Learn important safe driving techniques, start a successful career.
Dart has an opportunity for you, whether you're a company driver or experienced owner operator.
Owner Operators: Contract your truck with Dart.