Dart Transit Company Employee Reviews in United States

Good Pay, terrible runs
Driver (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHOctober 9, 2015
Its good pay but working out of Vandalia and coming down to the P and g there sucks because you have to wait 1.5 hrs to get in and out of the facility
Fun workplace
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 3, 2015
great place to work. Fun great people. Work hard to satisfy employee. Gets busy at times so your on phone and working on the computer. sometimes don't have time for a lunch break.
traing with dart
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan MnJuly 2, 2015
Dart transit was a fine company to train with, after training I went over the road for a bit and then became local. As a local driver my dispatchers were sending me on routes that kept putting me in violation of my D.O.T. hours of service
Stable Company
Senior Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXApril 30, 2015
This organization provides a stable environment in which to work in. Management has changed over the years which is resulting in a higher turnover.
Its a decent company really no complaints
Short-Haul Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 28, 2014
I worked 12 to 13 hour days. Gained more experience driving a manual transmission. Management and co workers were decent people. The hardest part of job was finding some of the distribution centers. Most enjoyable part was driving on the road
Pros
home everyday
Cons
not enough miles inconsistant loads
The pay is to low
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 18, 2014
The pay is to low, and they take to much out, you will not see much.
You will not see what they say you will make, it's all lies.
This is just another scam that don't pay.
Cons
all cons and scam
Work for another company!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MN. Buford, GA (South East Short HaulFebruary 12, 2014
The company it's self is not a bad co, but if you are looking to be able to support yourself & family you're not gonna be able to do it here. I was a company driver for a year & struggled every week. Dispatch & management are the biggest problem. You'll be sitting ALOT waiting on loads. Then once you can get a load it might not del for 20-24 hours. And they deliver a lot to grocery warehouses were anyone who has delivered to groceries knows you're gonna be waiting for quite awhile to get unloaded. Well you have to give them the 1st 2 hrs before you are eligible for detention. Then even after doing everything they require you to do to get detention pay, you're gonna have to fight with them to get you're money. Usually gonna take at least 2 weeks to get your detention pay if you can even get them to pay you for it. You're gonna be dispatched late 90% of the time also. Long story short the absolute worst company I've ever worked for when it comes to getting paid what you're owed!
Pros
home time
Cons
have to fight with dispatch constant to get loads & to get paid for what you're owed
They keep me busy.
Local Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 15, 2013
A typical day starts at midnight. I don't get off until noon. I don't mind so much working this shift but some days they switch me around. I want to work same basic hours. My co-workers are fine.The hardest part is trying to sleep at different times. But I do love driving a truck.
Pros
nice new truck to drive
Cons
the switching of shifts
The company is not bad.They do offer easy entrance to owner/operator.
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Egan,MnApril 9, 2012
Dart as a whole is not a bad company.I did however get frustrated with alot of the tack on fees to my check statments.Very excessive.As a O/O with buying their trucks "which mine was very nice to me"I found myself calculating an earning of just 8cpm.Alot of that due to poor dispatching,Example after 34 hr break dispatched 200 miles dead head to get load going 300 miles to Buffalo,NY get to Buffalo deliver and sit for 3 days waiting for load this would happen 1 or 2 time a week.
I did maintian 98% on time delivery,The 2% was within the hour of delivery time,due to weather conditions
Pros
easy to get into job
Cons
a job you will have to be married to, the truck cost, about a 100 dollars a day driveing or sitting, plus the fuel around 1600.00 a week.