Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Does not give adequate training time.
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 10, 2016
I worked there for two months and was written up because I had made errors. Which turned out not to be errors. Sufficient time to learn any job is 6 months. I had to quit because after talking with management, I knew that no matter how much I tried, they would have fired me anyway.

The Doctors and nurses were very nice and hard working.
Pros
The Doctors and Nurses were very nice and hard working.
Cons
Management does not give employees enough time to learn their job.
Plenty of opportunities
Food and Prodction Servics (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHJuly 5, 2016
The kitchen was bittersweet. It wasn't always a bad place to work, but it had its off moments. The management there was usually willing to work with you if you ever voiced interest in doing other things. The dishroom itself was tedious at times but often had relatively good company. The only downfall of it all was working with the highschool part time workers. The place was often to overdramatic, with everybody usually getting involved with everyone else's business. The pay was moderate, while the benefits were pretty good.
Pros
Free coffee, good benefits, simple work
Cons
Overdramatic
it was good
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day ta work starts when i punch in, After that i get my pager,keys,supply's and all the equipment's am gonna need.I learned that people from all over the country comes to Dartmouth hospital. My co workers are really nice and friendly,The hardest part of my day is to see someone in pain or see someone not make it.And last but not least the most enjoyable art of my day is to see someone have a healthy baby and get to take him or her home with them.
Pros
i get discounts on my lunch
Cons
i get 2 half hour breaks and get pay for one of them
a typical customer service day
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHSeptember 22, 2015
Answering the phones all day long and never being sure what type of call you would be answering was quite a challenge. From the mundane questions to really tough situations that needed to be rectified for the patient on the other end of the phone made for an overall enjoyable day. The management, not wanting this team to burn out always took care to be sure that breaks were taken and that an appropriate amount of 'fun' was built into our lifes.
Decent pay, horrible management.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHOctober 29, 2015
The insurance DHMC offers isn't worth even getting, and the other benefits really don't do much good. The earned time is nice but they hassle you about it. Management is a joke though and if you plan on going anywhere, Dartmouth might not be the place for you.
Not your concern
Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHOctober 19, 2015
I do not understand why this has to be done, My opinion of my last place of employment is no concern of anyone else. I learned that I am not a good fit for the medical world, it is too illogical. And people can be very rude.
Pros
Cons
Poor work enviornment
Positive Atmosphere
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHSeptember 22, 2015
My day starts with checking phone messages, drawing up injections for the day, and rooming patients.
I often help with running photo-therapy and nurse visits.
Pros
Fast paced
benefits
Pediatric Float Nurse at DHMC
Pediatric Float Nurse, Clinical Nurse III (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHOctober 2, 2014
Working in the pediatric department is challenging and rewarding. In the float pool you never know where in the pediatric department you will be work for the day. Working with many nurses on different pediatric floors and learning to work with many different personalities. There is alway something new working on various floors and never boring, enjoyable fast pace job. The most difficult part of this job was the rotating night/day shift work. Switching work schedules during the workweek from nights to days wreaks havoc on biorhythms of the human body.
Pros
working in a fast pace pediatric environment
Cons
rotating night- day shift.
Unpredictable management
Director (Current Employee) –  LebanonJuly 20, 2013
While the work/life balance is great, the culture of Dartmouth-Hitchcock is slow, mired in community values of the past. When the hospital implemented its new electronic medical record, it not only brought the hospital to a halt, it involved the entire community. This is a community hospital trying to be an academic medical center.
Positive environment with lots of opportunity for growth
Clinical Laboratory Scientist III (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NHApril 12, 2013
The Blood Bank at DHMC is a vibrant facility that supports the Level 1 Trauma Center, Oncology (includiing a stem cell transplant program), the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth, many OR Suites and all clinical areas of the facility. As a teaching hospital staff work side by side with fellows, residents and clinical laboratory scientist students. The Blood Bank works closely with the Donor/Apheresis Center as well as the Cell Therapy and Transfusion Medicine Research Facilities. Professionalism is maintained throughout the facility with an emphasis on how each and every position and staff member is vital to the overall well-being of the establishment. It is a wonderful place to work.
Pros
progressive environment, opportunity to learn many new things, free shuttle service
Cons
parking is tight.
Awesome place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHAugust 21, 2013
Prestigious hospital/medical center serving the East coast with extraordinary care to both staff and patients. It was a great first job to gain experience, confidence, and to learn from the best!
Pros
beautiful facility, up to date equipment, great team
Cons
not much to do socially in that area
Excellent Orthopedic Department
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 23, 2012
The office manager has several departments under her. She is by far the best manager I have ever worked for. Employee turn over was relatively low which was nice for forming bonds with co-workers but at the same time allowed "clicks" to form even though it was an adult working environment. One always had the opportunity to pass on knowledge via taking students. DH as a whole is a great company with nice benefits (at least they did a few years ago). However, being a non-profit company, pay was a little low and raises were not very good but easily over looked. Getting time off was fairly easy if you found your own coverage but that time off accumulated quickly. At the time of my employment, over time was not allowed and you hand wrote your time cards. Though often you could take a longer lunch break if needed to even out the time or if you were missing time, you could take a shorter lunch.
Pros
company picnics, decent benefits
Major teaching hospital with good reputation.
Social Worker II (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NHMarch 14, 2014
The colleagues are supportive; it is a fast-paced environment which can be stressful. The organization values wellness and offers incentives to take care of your physical health.
Pros
wellness rewards; earned time
Cons
healthcare is a stressful field.
Excellent organization to work for, and wonderful management team
Asst to Directors- Pt Access & Coding Operations (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHMay 2, 2012
Dartmouth Hitchcock encouraged employees to work as a team and management was always appreciative of work efforts and supportive of all employees.
An Estimable Institution
Grants Coordinator - Center for Telehealth (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHOctober 17, 2014
Dartmouth Hitchcock provides high quality health care to communities in New Hampshire and Vermont.
productive and fast pace with fun people
Principal Trainer OpTme & Anesthesia/ BA (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHMarch 4, 2013
I really enjoyed working for this client. the people and atmosphere was warming and exciting. I loved the people I work with.
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center - Information Systems - User Support
IS Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHNovember 4, 2013
The Help Desk was a great place to interact directly with the user and troubleshoot a variety of issues.
Great staff
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHJuly 17, 2014
Did two rotations at this facility. Contrast work.Great staff,great management
Pros
great place to work