Dartmouth College Employee Reviews

Productive Yet Temporary
Japanese Language Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHMay 18, 2017
The tutoring position was on a one-to-one matchmaking process where I was working upon the individual student's request. There weren't many Japanese students on campus, so work opportunity was rather sparse.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
little work hours
Pretty decent place to work.
Web Designer/Developer (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHApril 17, 2017
Pretty decent place. Depending on the department you may never get promoted, but for the most part good work life balance.

Overall not too shabby place to work.
Ambiente de trabajo estimulante
Profesor Visitante (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHMarch 27, 2017
Grandes recursos, y balance entre las actividades de docencias y las posibilidades para investigar.
Pros
Seguro m├ędico
Cons
ninguno
Dartmouth has provided me with a wonderful work environment.
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  New HampshireMarch 23, 2017
Dartmouth is a wonderful place to work. I have learned a lot in the 10+ years I have been there. They are going through many changes now that have the formerly stable environment a bit less happy.
Long hours, but great coworkers.
Counter Worker (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHMarch 21, 2017
At the college, many of my coworkers made my job fun and enjoyable. The hours were painful, especially for a High School student who lived an hour away, and wouldn't get home until eleven on a school night, the people who worked there were always the best. The supervisors actually care about you and your life, and make sure you are always taken care of. The people I worked with directly were always willing to help me, and would make sure I was always laughing and enjoying my work. Though my feet hurt at the end of the day, and I got quite bored, the coworkers made it worth it.
Pros
Good pay, easy money, good coworkers
Cons
Boring, having to deal with students
dartmouth college
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHMarch 14, 2017
i loved working at the college and i loved my job and i miss it alot and i got to do dishes and alot more of other things such as stocking cleaning and prep work
great job
Commencement and Reunions associate (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHDecember 14, 2016
spent the week making and stripping beds, checking in visitors, and giving out keys. it was a great job and it was not difficult. It was fun working with other students.
good place to work
Custodial Sqaud Leader (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHDecember 14, 2016
a typical day consisted of stocking my work area and doing prep work for the shift ahead, also consisted of cooking to order for a large student body.
The department of Alumni Records
Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHNovember 10, 2016
I enjoy the work I provide in Alumni Records. Interesting to read about all Alumni and the careers they currently have or had.

Within the Advancement Division, I have made many contacts through my position as Records Coordinator.
Pros
Christmas week the college shuts down.
Good Pay, Needs Work for Staff
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHNovember 4, 2016
The majority of the campus is wonderful and there is a real feel for inclusivity and diversity among the staff. Unfortunately, there are offices on campus not as interested in work/life balance or professional development as others and this hurts the reputation of the employer. Overall, it is a good place to work and has opportunities - if you have a supervisor who is willing to accomodate you in this area.
Pros
Beautiful Campus, Lots of Opportunity, Fabulous Students
Cons
Exempt employees are over-worked, not enough administrative staff to complete tasks assigned
I loved being a student at Dartmouth College
Radio Host & General Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHAugust 11, 2016
At Dartmouth, I majored in Classics and History and participated in several activities including Native Americans at Dartmouth, Kappa Delta and Casque and Gauntlet.
Nice place to work
EPR Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHJune 28, 2016
Dartmouth is nice place to work and live. There is excellent research center over there. Research assumes some flexibility in day to day activities while meeting of deadlines is crucially important.
Pros
small place
Cons
small place
Great first opportunity after college
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHJune 14, 2016
The Music Cognition lab at Dartmouth is where I landed right after college. The post-doc who ran the lab was incredibly smart and very friendly. He managed well: he would give me tasks that were just beyond my ability (like creating forms in HTML/PHP or an analysis in Matlab) and allowed me the time to learn on my own. I was also exposed to different experimental paradigms. The entire community of faculty, students, and other research techs was very smart and welcoming. I learned a lot and made some great friends.
Pros
Coworkers, Manager, Diversity of tasks
Great place to study
PhD candidate (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHMay 5, 2016
There are great professors here from whom you can learn a lot. You'll get great chance and freedom to do your research here.
Productive, nice acdemic culture, strong hardware
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHJanuary 6, 2016
I have flexible time schedule
Dartmouth frequently has different kind of talks, workshops and free lynda.com account for online training.
I get along very well with co-workers and we are creative team.
The hardest part is also the fun part, which is data mining. I also enjoy programming.
Quality work environment
Operations Technician/Classroom Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHSeptember 11, 2015
I was at Dartmouth for 15 years, and in that time we basically built a Classroom Tech support department from the ground up. When I started we had less then 10 installed rooms/venues, and when I left there were close to 80.

Dartmouth is slightly behind technologically and drags due to lack of proper management/direction. It is also mired in old traditions which it is working hard to change.

I left for personal reasons, but had I stayed in New England this was easily one of the best jobs in my area. It was a difficult choice but I am happy to be in the triangle area closer to friends and family. I look forward to starting a new career here, and I am thrilled at the amount of opportunities I am seeing in this area.
Great place to perform attend graduate school and perform research
Ph.D. Student (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHJune 5, 2015
Attending graduate school at Dartmouth College in the Department of Genetics has been an amazing experience. The infrastructure and environment are conducive to performing research. In addition, the faculty are some of the greatest in their fields are are always more than happy to offer insight and/or collaborations.
productive learning environment
Animal Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHMay 31, 2015
typical day would be, observing animals, applying veterinary care, cleaning cages, paperwork, keeping up to date notes on all behavior and injuries.
Pros
learn a new skill and trade
Cons
a lot of fighting between lab techs and labs
Large, very degree focused not dependent on actually experience
Fellowship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHApril 9, 2015
Dartmouth is kind of hard to describe, being an Ivy league school there is a lot of focus on the attending physicians, not much on the staff behind the scenes helping to make it all happen. Compensation was not comparable considering Ivy league status and if you do not have a college degree experience, which I have a lot of was taken into consideration.

I did really like my job there, I worked in the Psychiatry Residency program and really enjoyed the duties and interactions with the new grads.
Pros
I liked my job
Cons
No room for advancement
Fun place
Visiting Scholar (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHOctober 21, 2014
enjoyable fun loving place to work. The library is a great place to do research . Wonderful co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dartmouth College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3