Dartmouth College Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to study
PhD candidate (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHMay 5, 2016
There are great professors here from whom you can learn a lot. You'll get great chance and freedom to do your research here.
Productive, nice acdemic culture, strong hardware
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHJanuary 6, 2016
I have flexible time schedule
Dartmouth frequently has different kind of talks, workshops and free lynda.com account for online training.
I get along very well with co-workers and we are creative team.
The hardest part is also the fun part, which is data mining. I also enjoy programming.
Quality work environment
Operations Technician/Classroom Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHSeptember 11, 2015
I was at Dartmouth for 15 years, and in that time we basically built a Classroom Tech support department from the ground up. When I started we had less then 10 installed rooms/venues, and when I left there were close to 80.

Dartmouth is slightly behind technologically and drags due to lack of proper management/direction. It is also mired in old traditions which it is working hard to change.

I left for personal reasons, but had I stayed in New England this was easily one of the best jobs in my area. It was a difficult choice but I am happy to be in the triangle area closer to friends and family. I look forward to starting a new career here, and I am thrilled at the amount of opportunities I am seeing in this area.
Great place to perform attend graduate school and perform research
Ph.D. Student (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHJune 5, 2015
Attending graduate school at Dartmouth College in the Department of Genetics has been an amazing experience. The infrastructure and environment are conducive to performing research. In addition, the faculty are some of the greatest in their fields are are always more than happy to offer insight and/or collaborations.
productive learning environment
Animal Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHMay 31, 2015
typical day would be, observing animals, applying veterinary care, cleaning cages, paperwork, keeping up to date notes on all behavior and injuries.
Pros
learn a new skill and trade
Cons
a lot of fighting between lab techs and labs
Large, very degree focused not dependent on actually experience
Fellowship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHApril 9, 2015
Dartmouth is kind of hard to describe, being an Ivy league school there is a lot of focus on the attending physicians, not much on the staff behind the scenes helping to make it all happen. Compensation was not comparable considering Ivy league status and if you do not have a college degree experience, which I have a lot of was taken into consideration.

I did really like my job there, I worked in the Psychiatry Residency program and really enjoyed the duties and interactions with the new grads.
Pros
I liked my job
Cons
No room for advancement
Fun place
Visiting Scholar (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHOctober 21, 2014
enjoyable fun loving place to work. The library is a great place to do research . Wonderful co-workers
Great place to work if you like outdoor activities.
Financial Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHOctober 17, 2014
This by far has been my favorite job. I grew up in NH and love the work life balance. The people here are smart with a good work ethic and we all get along great. Management is always there for you and is constantly using their resources to improve you professionally.
Pros
work life balance, management support, benefits
The required one to be ready for anything.
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHOctober 7, 2014
I loved my job at Dartmouth College. There were some very experienced and helpful supervisors and co workers that were willing to drop anything to help out anyone in the Department.
Pros
fairness was about as good as anyone could hope for
Dartmouth College Athletic Department
Assistant Swim Coach (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHJuly 30, 2014
I spent most of my days working in my office, but I mostly enjoyed interacting with my student-athletes.
Great, fun and always changing
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHJuly 25, 2014
Great benefits and pay, the students may be a little thankless but its all part of any job.
Pros
free meals, long breaks
Interesting place
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHJuly 10, 2014
Lots of smart people with interesting ideas. It was fun working there.
Life at Dartmouth
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, New HampshireMay 14, 2014
I had a very nice experience of working at Dartmouth college USA. I must say it was one of my best experience of my life. Working environment was excellent, labs, team and most of all my mentor was superb. Can't forget that time. I learnt team work and many other useful scientific techniques. The hardest time of the job was to leave it rest all was best. I miss Dartmouth.
Dartmouth College
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHApril 28, 2014
I have no words for Dartmouth College at this time but has great benefits.
Pros
free food
Cons
not able to take time off when asked
Great job at college
Teaching Assistant for System Engineering Class (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHMarch 23, 2014
I love interacting with students and help answer their concerns. It is a great way for me to review the class' materials as well as to improve my communication skills
Dartmouth College review
Spanish 1 and Spanish 2 Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHMarch 2, 2014
Helping students improve their Spanish was a very rewarding experience. It also made me comfortable teaching classes and removed my fears of public speaking. I now feel very comfortable and self confident in from of large crowd of people.
Team Member - Operations Planning (Former Employee) –  NHDecember 23, 2013
Great place to work. God place to make some money while studying
Great company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 9, 2013
Great place to work. Freedom, great pay and benefits, work was interesting. Only drawback is management is unable to separate work from home life.
Great!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FOR DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHAugust 28, 2013
Busy. Fosters a good learning environment.
Safe place to work.
Develope and maintain relationships in the IVY League.
DEFENSIVE LINE COACH (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHAugust 7, 2013
Coached and developed the fundamentals and techniques of defensive line and outside linebacker play within defensive scheme. Met a lot great people that I have maintained friendships to this day. First time seeing and living in the North East. The weather was difficult at times. Overall experience for my family was great. Didn't win a lot of ball games. The relationships were worth it.
Pros
academic intellect and connections
Cons
cold

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dartmouth College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4