Darton College Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Admissions Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 19, 2016
Great atmosphere where making a difference in a students life truly mattered. Great training program with great coworkers.
A fast pace and energetic work environment at Darton College/Sodexo
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Albany, GA.31707October 25, 2016
Working at Dragon College/Sodexo was a fun and interesting all at the same time. I acquired great people skills working there. The hardest part of the job was slowing down. Communicating and serving the public for me was a plus. The manager was friendly and fair when it came to awarding and discipline co-workers.
Pros
Meeting people from all over the world was a great way for me learn about different cultures.
Cons
Part time work only.
I loved it
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 12, 2016
I loved my job the flexible hours weekends off plus you could get overtime during the summer months great place to work.
Pros
the job was easy
Cons
late nights
Darton State College
Assistant Professor/Instructor of Spanish (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 6, 2016
Darton State College has been an excellent job for me, one that I thought would be temporary but has turned into my career for the past 10 years. I taught on campus for 8 years and fully online for the past 2. So this review is a mix of those two experiences.

The main thing to realize is that a four year college focuses on teaching more than presentation and publications like a university. This has been perfect for me because I have no desire to publish but love teaching and working with students.

A typical day on campus entails teaching 2-3 classes and having office hours and on campus hours. We are encouraged to attend such as games, shows and student activities. Of course there are meetings but for the most part as a faculty member, they are not too frequent.

My department chairs and deans have been excellent. I feel that they are open to listening to my ideas, problems and suggestions. I feel supported in my decisions regarding difficult situations.

The hardest part of my job is being asked to recruit students. I don't feel that this should be part of my job. It should be the recruitment department's duty. I don't mind answering phone calls with people who have inquiries about my program, but I have no interest in attending recruiting fairs and being a call center.

By far, the best part of my job is watching my students learn. It is the part of my job that keeps me going on bad days.
Pros
tuition reimbursement for furthering studies
Cons
recruiting
A great experience of my life.
Adjunct Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 4, 2015
Top notch institution of which I was lucky to be the first Distinguished Graduate and only Alumni Hall of Fame Awardee. I've taught upper level mathematics there for seven years. The challenge is to figure out how to get the subject matter to the students and make it gel. This is the hardest part and the most enjoyable part of the job. I've taught all over the clock and taken on any course and will continue to teach late evening classes as long as possible. The people are wonderful and I've learned more about how the institution is run every day. I'm lucky in that I've been part of some bigger organizations and been in some higher levels of responsibility and accountability before. In this, I hope I've contributed to the reputation of the institution.
Pros
The mission of educating.
Cons
An ever changing environment of students.
darton
employee (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 6, 2014
ok place to work, nice campus, friendly employees, lack of management
very well and respectable company
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany GAMarch 25, 2014
its one of the best places i worked in. Management knows the value of their employees and they are treated with respect and you get what you deserve
Pros
the least in the company is respected for the job he/she is hired for
Cons
too much work load
College Work Study
Library Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 22, 2014
This job was a work study position. I had fun working here. The people were friendly and I had time to do my homework.
Very Fine Adjunct Position
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 21, 2014
I was supported well by the administration and have looked back on my semester there with fond memories. I only left due to my need for a FT position.
Productive and fun work environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cordele, GAJuly 29, 2013
I enjoyed this job for various reasons. I enjoyed coordinating student activities for the campus. My boss was terrific and doing whatever she could to advance my position at the college. The students were amazing and made my job enjoyable to walk into every morning. My co workers and teachers I assisted were amazing as well. I had a lot of freedom and could make choices about different activities without answering to anyone. They trusted my judgment on everythjng
Pros
All holidays were paid
Cons
Didn't see as many students during the summer And we were very slow the
ASST. PROFESSOR OF P.E./DIRECTOR OF SPORTS INFO (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 16, 2013
Darton is an excellent place to work. The city of Albany is not so great.
An advantage to work with others.
Reading Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 28, 2012
At Darton college as a student.I worked in the reading lab as an assistant to the Lab personal. Doing so by assisting students to the adequate reading materials and keep track of students required lab hours. Moreover, assisted the students with lab computers, graded assignments, and kept track of the students files.

A typical day at work was from 8:00 Am to 4:00 Pm, the lab was normally full. I had the opportunity to see what it was like to help others.
I was comfortable in a busy environment. The work environment was organized and structured. I enjoyed working with the personal. There where no hard parts to the reading lab position. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the location by having the job right their was great.
Pros
busy, on campus which was a benefit.
Cons
part-time, hourly rate, not much room for advancement.