About 60% of the staff are decent professional people, the other 40% you have to watch out for. Back stabbing and trash talking, full of false pride.
Management is worse than a joke, it is crime. IT management is full of sociopaths who will sabotage you for the sake of ego and to make themselves look "right." People that you don't want to turn your back on, kind of like a snake.
Unfortunately the people with the most power and seniority are the ones you have to beware of, like your livelihood depends upon it, like your life depends on it.There is nothing more dangerous than a manager that does not know how to manage and expects you to read their minds. A manager that never has meetings or even face to face chats is somebody who shouldn't be a manager, is not qualified and should not be in the position to hold peoples livelihood in their power. The kind of person that would hold you in front of them forcibly in order to avoid being hit by bullets.
It would be quite easy to go on and on about the lack of managerial and people skills that the most important people in this company are missing, it is a litany that writes itself and requires no personal vendetta, just an objective observer who has experience in many industries with many different people. It is simply very hard to think of anybody worse that I've had the misfortune to have worked for.
Beware, there be vampires.