Data Dimensions

Data Dimensions United States Employee Reviews

Interesting work and fun environment.
Document Processor (Former Employee), Janesville, WIMarch 18, 2015
Pros: listen to music or books on ipods, have snacks and drinks at desk.
Cons: standing in 1 spot for 8 hours a day.
Interesting to learn about the different things vets went through, while serving our country. All of the employees got along with each other and helped each other out. The day went by quickly which is a plus in any job. The hardest part was standing in one place for 8 hours. We could listen to our own music, and have snacks at our desks.
Management uncaring about their employees
Document Processor (Former Employee), Janesville, WIMarch 9, 2015
enjoyed all the coworkers, management didn't really care about the employees. New owners said there would be no job losses, and then laid off the whole shift.
Working for Veterans
Document Proccesor (Former Employee), Janesville, WIFebruary 26, 2015
Sorting and prepping documents
A lot about veterans and the paperwork it takes to get them what they need.
The hardest part of the job was knowing how to code everything.
trainning provided, clean and safe work environment and good benefits.
Document Preparation Specialist (Former Employee), Janesville, WIFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: the great people
Cons: slow computers
I worked 8am-4:30pm Mon thru Fri. I was provided with good training and enjoyed working with all. The phone calling could become very dull but you do your job and no issues.
A nice place to work with an important job to do.
DP 1 (Current Employee), Janesville, WIJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: positive as well as negative reinforcement
Cons: more coworker drama than most places i've worked at
Currently, my day begins at 3:30 pm. I clock in and go to my assigned station. Then I check out the box of files there or check out a new box. Every minute of our eight hours is accounted for via computer. We need to scan our boxes for production time, break, meeting, or training for updates. Any time not accounted for is considered unproductive. We are allowed up to thirty minutes of unproductive time per shift for changing boxes, and bathroom breaks. During production time, I sort, classify, and repair files for upload to electronic feed on a page by page basis. The current project I work on is contracted by Veteran Affairs. These files are very personal in nature and can greatly affect the lives of our nation's military personnel. The most difficult part of my job is to not become engrossed in the stories of the veterans and keeping up with the per hour production rate. For the most part, I have enjoyed working here. I believe the work is important and the camaraderie is good.
horible
Document Processor (Former Employee), Janesville, ILNovember 19, 2014
horrible everything except for pay...but whole time they was cheating us out of our pay...so don't work there because they went from 12.75 an hour for peace rate to 9.75.
would not recommend
DP 1 (Former Employee), CLINTON IOWAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: short breaks, drug addicts
They have a non felon restriction policy but has people working there that has them. It's also pretty dumb that they would have people work a government job without any drug tests. The office is full of people with drug problems and does it before, on break and after! Maybe they'd be better off if they start doing tests and also random one's.
Nice environment, but pay is all by luck.
Document Processor I (Current Employee), Janesville, WISeptember 30, 2014
Pros: good pay and hours
Cons: short lunch/breaks, job security
Data Dimensions is an excellent company to work for provided you have the memory and speed to do so. Recent changes in pay have been nice. You have the opportunity to earn extra pay but it is solely based on luck.
Constant changes with only vague explanations
Team member (Current Employee), Janesville, WISeptember 26, 2014
Pros: good pay, decent benefits, ot available (and most of the time mandatory)
Cons: lack of communication, most of the executive staff seem clueless about what happens in production, lack of consistancy throughout the lower management staff
Started out loving the company and the position until the executives decided to make constant changes. If you can pass the required tests (depending on position) you will probably be hired. They have a very high turnover rate because of all of the changes they constantly make and because they hire too many too fast. They do not allow the hiring staff opportunity to seek out the best candidates. They are more concerned about making sure all work stations are full all the time and making people work as fast as possible which tends to slow down other departments. Being a piece rate company, those that are first in the process are basically forced to skip important steps in order to meet the minimums, which makes it difficult for the next department to make their minimums because they have to finish what the first area started...like removing staples, unfolding corners, taping rips in the papers. If your quiet and bust your butt you increase your chances of keeping your job. If you take pride in your work and take your time you will end up without a job. They hold focus groups but don't seem to pay attention to what the people say in those groups. The executives do what ever they want without paying attention to what is happening in production. They keep and even promote those that are all about sucking up to the bosses. The executive staff is pretty typical of just about any company...they sit behind their desks making up new minimums, changing policies, attending meetings, and enjoying lunches. They don't really care about those that are busting their butts to pay their mega salaries. – more... When you need management...they are no where to be found. The most enjoyable part of working at DDC is knowing that their biggest contract is helping those that have served our country. The hardest part is keeping up with the constant changes that you may or may not find out about. There is definitely a lack of communication, especially in management!
The pay can be good if you are okay with only doing the bare minimum of the job. Many of the production employees are awesome and do not deserve to be treated like they are just a number that needs to work harder. The pay is better than fast food or retail. If you take any benefits you will make less per hour than those that do not take benefits...but you still have to pay part of the premium for benefits. It is almost like you are punished for taking benefits. Supposedly that is the government's policy, but it wasn't that way a few months ago. They schedule meetings, both mandatory and voluntary, but do not necessarily inform all of the employees of these meetings.
They do have really nice big screen TV's in production that provide some announcements, but being on piece rate the TV's are either a distraction or completely ignored (bad investment). – less
Pretty Good Job.
Document Processor 1 (Former Employee), Janesville, WISeptember 8, 2014
Pros: good pay, pto and benefits once you're finished with training.
Cons: always changing the process of how you process documents, mandatory saturdays.
A former employer referred me to Data Dimensions, and from the moment I was hired, it was a great environment. Some downers to the job is the amount of changing they do the way you process documents. However, the pay is good, the hours are good, and it's a good place to work.
Fast paced enviornment
Document processor (Former Employee), Janesville, WIAugust 10, 2014
A typical day at work would be reporting to your work station and beginning to sort though files and code each document accordingly. Once all file have ben completed you would pack them back up as policy and procedure states and place in the designated area.
Productive, dedicated to clients, not so much for employees
Data Capture (Current Employee), Janesville, WIAugust 7, 2014
Pros: helping veteran's
Cons: working overtime with very little notice
During my work duties I would enter data into a computer from a computer based program after Veteran's document were scanned and uploaded.
The most interesting thing about my job was learning about Veteran's and their life while they were in the military and after they became a civilian again.
Management cared more about the numbers and not the life style of their employees. Management would promote people based on relationship to the managers or based on how well they liked them.
The hardest part of the job was being required to work overtime with less than 5 minutes notice that you would have to work one to two hours overtime on any given day.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the co-workers and to know that you were helping to improve the lives of Veteran's to speed up the time they would have towait for benefits.
Hated the job
Data Processor (Former Employee), Janesville, WIJuly 23, 2014
Pros: awsome benifits and good hours
Cons: management, enviroment, drama between workers
Mangers not suportive, told your never good enough. envioment hostile and makes you feel like your back in high school.
nice place to work.
Clerk (Former Employee), Okemos, MIJuly 9, 2014
Data Dimensions was a busy and fun place of employment. Management was nice and caring.
I would not recommend this place.
Document processor (Current Employee), Janesville, WIJuly 6, 2014
Pros: nice building, nice co-workers, some benefits
Cons: you can trust anything they tell you, constant policy changes.
The company has some pros: Nice facility, great co-workers, friendly staff, benefits.
Cons:
They started us at 12.50 and then dropped our wage to 10.50.
They told us you could move up in the company. Instead they are no longer hiring from within.
They never give raises.
They used to offer bonus incentives...not lately.
They cut the amount of the annual bonus,.
Their attendance policy is cut throat.
The supervisors are woefully inexperienced and spend too much time sitting around talking.
If you put in for a day off it may take months before they approve it.
If you want a Saturday off you usually need to use a vacation day as we work at least 2 Saturdays a month.
All overtime is mandatory.
During the week you get about an hour notice when you need to stay late.
If you take an unpaid lunch your day is only 7.5 hours.
Some of the HR staff is incredibly unprofessional..discussing personal information on the clerical floor or in the hall way or at the supervisors desk.
This job was advertised as clerical. A couple of months ago they converted to standing stations so they could fit 20 more people onto the floor. This is a real hardship for older workers who came to DD because it was a seated position. Many of them had been factory workers and could no-longer physically handle it. Standing is mandatory unless you are disabled or under a doctor's care.
Turn over is extremely high.
They deliberately over staff and it is very common for people to be sent home. New employees are not allowed to be sent home so they send home the more experienced workers.
They fire people at will.
We are – more... required to sign HR documents and never receive copies of them.
They change policy frequency.
They longer you work there the lower your wages become. They move people around until most are making 10.50 or 12.50 for some of the support positions.
If you ask a question you will get as many answers as people you ask. No one seems to have a clear answer.
Because of the piece rate quality or the works is very poor at times.
I would not recommend a friend or family member to work here. – less
Continous changes and lots of turn over by employees
CLERICAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Clinton, IAJune 2, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: salary
I would always go into work early to try to get any attendance or documentation completed before my team came in. Once the group were at work then had to focus on workloads and making sure employees were moved when needed to accommodate our clean desk policy by end of each work day.
I was very familiar with all jobs I was responsible for and could train and QC when needed. I also backed up my batching team or sorters if they had a day off or vacation time.
I kept up on emails as needed and attended meetings when required.
There was little to no Management to assist me when needed. As I report to the buildings Operations Manager.
I loved the people I worked with and enjoyed most parts of my job. It was hard to keep up with the policy changes and trying to Supervisor 3 rooms was difficult some days.
The most difficult part were the hours I was working including weekends if I needed to finish my own work.
Production focused company
Document Processor (Current Employee), Janesville, WIMay 20, 2014
The company is completely production focused and how well you do is how you get paid, but if you fall behind you will get let go.
Excellant
Document Processor I (Current Employee), Janesville, WIApril 22, 2014
Great company to work for. I have gain a lot of knowledge in the short amount of time with working (currently) for this company.
Productive but boring place to work
Document Processor (Current Employee), Clinton, IAFebruary 17, 2014
Typical day at work consists of, opening a box of VA files and sorting the documents to prepare them for scanning.
The management at this position is very good.
co workers are easy to get along with
The hardest part of the job is the shift hours
Helping those who served
Document Processor (Former Employee), Janesville, WIJanuary 6, 2014
Process documentation as a means for the VA to administer benefits to the veterans of the United States Military.

About Data Dimensions

Data Dimensions, Inc., an international information technology (IT) services company, was founded in 1968. By combining comprehensive – Read more

Data Dimensions Salaries