Data Networks Corporation

Data Networks Corporation United States Employee Reviews

A large business with a small business attitude.
Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee), Reston, VAApril 22, 2015
Data Networks Corporation is on the cusp. They are just transitioning from a small business to a large, but their culture is not adapting. In some ways, this is beneficial to employees, the deeply personal nature of the workplace is a positive thing. However, in not developing the processes and procedures of a larger organization and allowing senior management free reign, they are holding themselves back from the type of business development growth they will need to maintain their large status.
Achieved a good deal in a short period of time before opportunity changed
Chief Medical Officer (Former Employee), DC HQ and worked from homeApril 16, 2015
Pros: Smaller company
Cons: Smaller company
I worked with a small team closely with the CIO for Indian Health Service. We were able to see IHS through MU2 certification including quality measures. Implementing the quality measures was very informative and underscored some of the more severe issues with shortcomings of the approved standards.

While the politics and convincing of the government project leads were quite challenging (as is the usual case), I most enjoyed creating a fairly sophisticated approach to enterprise-wide use of SNOMED in conjunction with ICD-10-CM transition, and other HIT terminologies that ran within the VistA framework the IHS used (as well as the VA).

Unfortunately, the budget shortfalls put an end to the long-term EHRS update and revision plans of IHS. DNC didn't budget my salary beyond this contract, in spite of my position as chief medical officer. While there was a definite need for senior leadership from an experienced clinician and informaticist, there was not sufficient time from the announcement of the end of the contract support that was paying the lions share of my salary and future revenue.

I enjoy working with small companies, but they have their limitations.
Productive and fun work place to professionally and personally grow.
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee), Reston, VAJuly 30, 2014
I provide Enterprise Architecture (EA) consultation and support to the Division of Enterprise Architecture at CMS. I research, report and advise on current CMS processes and policies. I also attend bi-weekly meetings with CMS business process owners and stakeholders in order to solicit process and policy information. After attending meetings with business process owners and stakeholders, I oversee and develop business process artifacts, including As-Is and To-be business process models/workflows, timelines, functional hierarchies, operational overview documents, system view documents, and business process description documents. I create business process models that show critical activities, information flows and handoffs between stakeholders, and key decisions gateways. I map business process activities to their supporting information technology systems. I enter business process information into a Microsoft Access database for upload to the Health and Human Services (HHS) Enterprise Architecture Repository (HEAR), for storage and reuse.
daily activies at Data Networks Corporation
Software Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 11, 2014
• Focused on Beta Process Improvement by reviewing processes and procedures to implement a more streamlined approach.
• Created Beta Test Site Agreements and Beta Test Site Endorsements for all test sites.
• Performed installation testing of Health care applications for IHS.
• Beta and National release of applications.
• Worked with various development teams to ensure IHS processes and procedures were followed.
• Created weekly status update documents showing overall SQA workload and statuses for over 30 different applications.
• Worked with documentation team to ensure prerequisite documentation met IHS and 508 compliancy.

enjoyed every minute of it. learned the process of what a software quality assurance duties. the management was great they help and made sure you know what your duties were and if you need help they were their when you need help. the hardest part was trying to understand the process and once i learned it was great. the coworkers were great to work with easy going and very helpful. the most enjoyable apart was working with wonderful people.
Great job culture.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Reston, VAMay 16, 2014
Nice place to work. They create all the conditions to work with comfort.
Great First Job
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Reston, VAMarch 28, 2014
It is my first job, I had no background and learned a lot. Expectations are clearly outlined, training is provided, the position is client facing so it can be stressful but very fulfilling.
Wonderful place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee), DC MetroFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: great culture, good management structure
Cons: being small sometimes has its disadvantages
A small company that gives you the tools to succeed and cares about its employees.
Successful in assisting many American Native Hospitals and Clinics
Meaningful Use Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee), Reston, VAOctober 22, 2012
Pros: assisting american native people of new mexico
Cons: contract came to an end and no way to renew
DNC worked with IHS (Indian Health Service) aiding the American Indian people of North America in capturing incentive monies from the US government. I was tasked with all of New Mexico and together with the tribes of New Mexico we were able to capture over 10 million dollars in incentive monies for their hospitals and clinics. This was a very rewarding position.