Data Projections is a leading audio/visual system design integrator providing advanced communication products, support services and technology solutions for education, corporate, and government environments.
The A/R clerk is responsible for preparing, processing, and coding customer sales invoices on a daily basis, and collecting on open invoices. The A/R clerk will also be responsible for setting up new and maintaining existing customer’s accounts in Great Plains as well as working directly with banks regarding Company’s credit line.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Match invoices w/ proper supporting documentation before processing
- Enter invoices into an on-line invoicing system for automatic processing
- Code invoices for manual processing
- Submit online billing for customers daily
- Create proformas for customers and match purchase orders with invoices
- Prepare schedule for daily funding from Company Bank
- Perform manual bank deposits including courier deposits to the lock box
- Process and settle credit card invoices that are billed daily
- Enter and post received checks to Great Plains
- Identify discrepancies on purchase orders from orders in Great Plains
- Work directly with other departments to research and resolve orders and/or payment discrepancies
- Review credits and rebills for each office location
- Work directly with Company Bank to authorize and process new customer accounts
- Perform secondary back-ground checks
- Collect on open invoices and update call tracking spreadsheet
- Call clients regarding past due invoices and following up as necessary
- Prepare collection notes for management and advise on account status as needed
- Complete W-9 requests
- Complete Credit Limit Override requests (CLO)
- Small balance write offs for month end
- Prepare for Weekly discussion regarding aged invoice
- Other duties assigned by Supervisors as needed
Education & Experience
Minimum high school diploma or GED; degree in business administration or accounting is a plus. 2-4 years of experience in a similar or related field or environment or equivalent combination of education and experience. Work experience my substitute for education requirement. Knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics or other ERP system software a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs with emphasis in Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to think and work independently
- Superior data entry skills
- Self-starter with keen attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics or other ERP system software a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs with emphasis in Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Language Skills
oAbility to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
oAbility to write simple correspondence.
oAbility to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization. Must be fluent in English.
oAbility to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all unit of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
oAbility to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
oAbility to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
oAbility to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Flexibility to work outside the job description when the need arises
- Must pass background and pre-employment screening.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy boxes or office equipment etc. (up to 25 pounds).
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Compensation & Benefits
Data Projections offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, and gains sharing.
No phone calls or faxed resumes please.
Resumes without the outlined requirements will not be considered.
Data Projections proudly embraces diversity and continues to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.