Data Projections is a leading audio/visual system design integrator providing advanced communication products, support services and technology solutions for education, corporate, government, and home environments.
We have a current opening for an experienced lead audio/video installation technician in our Austin office. Applicants must be able to complete technical installations of audio/visual systems including all projectors, calibrate audio/video systems, and implement (or program) Crestron and AMX control systems. The position requires the ability to troubleshoot audio, video, and control systems problems. The lead technician will oversee installation crews performing home theater, network installations, and/or other low voltage installations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with external/internal clients and manufacture vendors.
- Pre-installation site survey when needed.
- Fabricate racks in-house or onsite at client location.
- Rigging/mounting of equipment and displays.
- Installation of structured cabling to include pulling, terminating and testing cat5e/6, video, RGB, HDMI, DVI and audio cables.
- Installation of all AV equipment to include: audio and video conferencing equipment, distributed audio, digital signage, sound reinforcement, control systems and all presentation systems.
- Responsible for signing out and securing inventory and non-inventory consumables per project.
- Restocking and inventory of van equipment/consumables daily.
- Responsible for managing onsite technicians and assisting PM’s with overall project needs.
- Identify and solve issues that will impact the project.
- Provide effective communication by supplying daily updates to Project Managers.
- Ensure that project deliverables and milestones are met including close out documentation and punch list items.
- The ability to perform system level diagnostics, trouble shoot and report issues to Project Manager.
- Perform quality control check on finished product/projects.
- Post project walkthrough with client if needed.
- Responsible for returning product to warehouse and inventory DOA.
- Support level I and II technicians with onsite training endeavors.
- Communicate with PM’s on personnel performance issues.
- Follow all safety guidelines of Data Projections and client requirements.
- Attend construction meetings in place of Project Managers/Designers when needed.
- Ability to think and work independently.
- Impeccable wiring and termination skills as well as proper installation techniques of all AV equipment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience in reading/understanding architecture, electrical, structural & AV systems drawings.
- A teachable disposition and a willing attitude towards continuing education.
- Flexibility to work outside the job description when the need arises.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience in managing crews and the ability to work independently
- Analytical and problem-solving/troubleshoot.
- Deductive reasoning skills.
- PC and Network knowledge.
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer).
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Self-starter with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Possible out of town projects requiring hotel/multiple overnight trips.
- Ability to work day, evening or weekend shifts.
- Must have valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Must be able to pass background check and pre-employment screenings.
Education, Certification and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED, applicable degree preferred. Minimum of 2 years experience as a lead technician, overseeing crews. 3-5 years experience with A/V installations including equipment rack fabrication, site preparation, termination and calibration of audio and video equipment, and implementation of control systems in the corporate, education, government or home theater environment. CTS-I, NSCA, or Cedia equivalent. Additional Certifications by manufacturer or product a plus. Work experience may substitute for education requirements.
- Sitting, standing, stooping and bending for long or extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and to handle other office equipment.
- Ability to climb ladder, scaffolding or transported by lifts.
- Ability to drive/operate a vehicle in a safe manner.
- Ability to regularly lift and transport up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and or transport moderately heavy equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Hearing and vision within normal range.
- All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Compensation & Benefits
Data Projections offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching.
No phone calls or Fax resumes please.
Resumes without the outlined requirements will not be considered.
Data Projections proudly embraces diversity and continues to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Indeed - 14 months ago