Data Recognition Corporation Employee Reviews

Great Atmosphere-Fair Compensation for Temporary, Full-Time
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2017
I enjoy working with DRC. The expectations of employees are strict but fair. The work atmosphere is generally relaxed, as there is no particular dress code and the work isn't particularly physical.
Pros
Decent hourly wage for work that matters. One must have a college degree to work for DRC.
Cons
No Benefits for Test Scorers
Great Teams to work with
Test Evaluator (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 11, 2017
A very pleasant work environment with great team leaders that will support and appreciate your efforts. Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate and filled with vending machines of goodies.
I liked working there.
Test Scorer, Reader (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 10, 2017
I worked as a test scorer and reader at DRC and thought it was a great temporary job. The pay was pretty good considering the weekly attendance bonus was pretty easy to get. In general, a good job but it was only temporary!
Fun workplace
Senior Training Assessment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJuly 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time at the DRC. The workplace culture was very inviting. Everyone respected each others space. Co workers worked as a team. Everyone was willing to help out where needed
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Compendation
Relaxing workplace
Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 28, 2017
For my position, it's great because I am a full-time student and I'm able to do all/most of my homework during the days when it is slow. I do wish however, I could get paid vacation. I've worked here for 2 1/2 years and only receive 20 hours of paid time off for an entire year. Plus I don't receive any benefits. Other than that, I would recommend this job to people who want a laid back job and don't have to worry to much about certain things.
Average organization
Team Leader / Test Scorer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 28, 2017
Good job for retirees. Not consistent work but good for those only wanting to work for short periods of time on different test scoring projects. Will be sitting at a computer looking at the screen all day.
Comfortable work environment
Test Scorer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2017
It's a good job to learn how to collaborate with a group of people and perform as a team. The managers are approachable.Also the environment is quiet you can't be extra chatty. Definitely beats retail.
Pros
Comfortable environment
Cons
No benefits No direct deposit.
Flexible but temporary
Test Scorer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 19, 2017
For the position I was in there is an option of work hours. Not a huge amount of wiggle room but 40 hours does come with a weekly bonus. Some project directors are better than others although most of the time reads deal with their team leads. It is a day of at least 7 hours of sitting at a computer and reading hundreds to thousands of test responses per day. Relaxed dress code and environment and a good variety of decent people to work with. The downside is work only lasts as long as the projects do.
Good place for temp work
Reader/Test Scorer (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Sharonville, OHJune 15, 2017
A good place to work between jobs, supplement retire income, disablity income, a second job or working on an advanced degree. Very relaxed culture. You can work as much or as little as you want.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, & hot chocolate. Sometimes pastries on the weekends.
Cons
Not a steady income source. Some projects are long and some are only a few days.
Sweatshop environment
scorer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 10, 2017
"You may be fired for any reason, or no reason"

Avoid this - promises of project length are routinely broken.

There is zero security.

You can find better scoring opportunities including home based opportunities. Do your homework!
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Sick people coughing all day
Fast Paced work place
Book Reciever (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJune 7, 2017
I really liked working here but I found this job Through a temp agency and they only had work for a limited time but working there was a great experience and I wouldn't mind working there in the future.
Laidback Work Environment
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 6, 2017
DRC is an easy place to work if you can follow the rules. There are some promotion opportunities from Reader to Team Lead but not really anything beyond that. Projects vary in length and you are never guaranteed another project after your current one finishes. That said, during peak season (Apr-May in my experience) they will accept almost anyone with a degree just to have warm bodies in chairs. The work is easy if you apply yourself even a little. DRC enforces a "library atmosphere" in the work rooms, adjacent break rooms are available with tables, chairs, and a variety of vending machines.

You will be removed from a project if you have several excused absences. A no call, no show is grounds for immediate termination, as is a breach of their strict confidentiality measures (no cell phones, no removal of guideline materials).
Pros
Easy work if you apply yourself, variable hours, nice people
Cons
Short Lunch Break, 0 cell phone tolerance, no cafeteria
Nice place to work
Test Scorer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 2, 2017
A good place for temporary work. Not too stressful and pay is well above minimum wage. Nice managers and co-workers. Free coffee is a nice perk as well.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Short lunch break and no nearby fast food places or stores to buy lunch
Temporary work
Scoring Director (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 14, 2017
35 hours per week required, up to 40 offered with attendance bonus.
Temporary position, seasonal work only
Fast paced work with lots of responsibility
Pros
Free Coffee, nice break room
Cons
limited food for a half hour break
Productive and fun place to work
Test Scorer (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 10, 2017
The DRC is a very structured environment and is a very pleasant work space. I enjoy the presence of my co-workers and the team leaders and scoring directors are very helpful, kind, and lenient.
Pros
free coffee, tea, hot chocolate; clean work and break environments; interesting work topics
Cons
sometimes tedious work, not always clear grading instructions, can work overtime hours and earn a bonus rate
Very Repetitive
Scanner/order-picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 26, 2017
Very boring place to work. You scan High School test scores all day and pack boxes. They will keep you there as a temp and expect a lot more than they are willing to pay for.
Great Company
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 18, 2017
DRC is a great place to work at. People are great and management does a decent at keeping things balances. The last few years, the culture has changed a bit and things are a bit more fast paced.
A great work atmosphere.
NATION EDUCATION CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 13, 2017
A typical work day is full of high energy, flexibility and professionalism. Management makes certain that you have everything you need to complete assignments. I learned a great deal about how infrastructures of education institutions work interdependently.
Pros
Offer snacks, lunch and high performing colleagues to collaborate with.
Cons
A very pleasant and rewarding place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMarch 22, 2017
I enjoyed the culture of DRC, and the daily challenges that being a Customer Support Specialist provided. Good management, allowed to work independantly, and enjoyed the satisfaction of creative problem solving and helping others.
Pros
Independant work environment
Cons
Training could have been more effective
Quality focused and fun workplace
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 14, 2017
Fun workplace with good work/life balance.I learned a ton about SDLC and business processes. Very flexible work schedules and not a stressful work environment.